Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,440 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! (42741 Views)

My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me / Old Nigerian Grandma Smoking Weed Goes Viral. Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by ryloy: 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2021
Nice
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by stupidmod3: 6:38pm On Jan 01, 2021
Emperormartin:
Compliments of the season to all nairalanders...

Please I noticed a disturbing scenario playing in my house as I came back for xmas... My 67yr old dad use to smoke weed (Igbo) in our sitting room.

When we were younger, he use to smoke outside and occasionally smokes around the house especially late in the night or in the wee hours.

As a matter of fact I'm 30yrs and I have another younger brother who's 27yrs then my sister who's the youngest. But Non of us smoke weed or have toed in his line... My mother has tried in that aspect not to raise us like that!!!

I brought this issue here because I need help on how to make my aging dad DESIST from that lifestyle... It breaks my heart seeing him popping smoke like that and it's degrading when we have visitors in the house... And secondly I'm wary of his health!!!

Pls help a Brother!!!
u come bring am come give public, 30 yrs n u acting like this, jeez i dey shame for u, u no wise, class captain

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by iguita: 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2021
Your dad is a Malian. Leave him to enjoy himself. There is nothing you can tell him to change, especially as he has lived this old. Good that you guys are not toeing his oath.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Emeks100: 6:40pm On Jan 01, 2021
This kain matter tie wrapper oh.the man is really flexing.please guys,show me new year love.anything will be appreciated.
3131 44 968....first bank
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Czarugo007: 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2021
Take him to the rehab
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Vitamin17(m): 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2021
grin
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2021
Maybe it's medical marijuana described by his doctor grin cheesy
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by vickydevoka(m): 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ur own de learn my great grandpa grandma from my mum side in plateau state still smoke. N I do buy some wen visiting

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by LadyTianna(f): 6:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
Emperormartin:

We were young and in primary Schools. He use to hide when doing it. We didn't have much option then. But now we've grown. He's still doing it...and we don't smoke!!!
We just want to help him

I doubt there's anything you can do. He's been doing it for many years. Its very difficult, if not impossible, to teach an old dog new tricks
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Kaydeexotic(m): 6:44pm On Jan 01, 2021
The God that kept him alive till this age will keep him further...

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by olayiwola72(m): 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2021
SocialJustice:
You dey crase, go and rent your house.

He will smoke until burial day. Nonsense!

God will help you o... he only seek advice

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Stallion93(m): 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
grin
Let Dad live his life.
Because person born pikin, Make e no smoke again?

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Proffdada: 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
Emperormartin:

Please I noticed a disturbing scenario playing in my house as I came back for xmas... My 67yr old dad use to smoke weed (Igbo) in our sitting room.

When we were younger, he use to smoke outside and occasionally smokes around the house especially late in the night or in the wee hours.

As a matter of fact I'm 30yrs and I have another younger brother who's 27yrs then my sister who's the youngest. But Non of us smoke weed or have toed in his line... My mother has tried in that aspect not to raise us like that!!!

I brought this issue here because I need help on how to make my aging dad DESIST from that lifestyle... It breaks my heart seeing him popping smoke like that and it's degrading when we have visitors in the house... And secondly I'm wary of his health!!!

Pls help a Brother!!!
find his source and cut it off. Although it may not harm him but others around him are prone
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Plut01: 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2021

Your Dad is already 68 as you claimed and Nigeria life expectancy is currently 54.

Rather than seeing with your myopic view, why not reason through his thought path? Just as Malt makes you happy, the weeds he smokes also gives him joy and I suspected that may be one of the reason for him being alive till now.

Allow your Dad to enjoy his last years on Earth instead of forcing him to do what you think is right.

Most of you people that do not smoke may not even make it to 60.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by pyro62(m): 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2021
Emperormartin:

We were young and in primary Schools. He use to hide when doing it. We didn't have much option then. But now we've grown. He's still doing it...and we don't smoke!!!
We just want to help him

He expects you guys to understand better now that you are adults. It's his lifestyle and it's what he likes doing trying to make him stop now is even more dangerous.. As long as he doesn't misbehave as a result of the smoking, I suggest you let him be and don't traumatize the old man.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by dheilaw1(m): 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
haiti007:
@67!! shocked shocked

Even if he wants to quit, a lot of folks who he must have introduced into the act won't make it so easy for him
I'd love to give you 2000 likes

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
Oh come of it. He is a grown man that likes his herb smoked. Ask him why he enjoys smoking it. Btw are you scared for his health ( don't he is probably healthier than you) or you are just worried about what people say about him? Perhaps you should read more about marijuana. It's better he isn't addicted to cigarettes instead.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by chiemmanuel(m): 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
Emperormartin:

Pls help a Brother!!!
advice him to take more fruits and concentrated vitamin C as his immunity won't be strong as before,
Above all, nothing is wrong with marijuana intake,it's medicinal
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by alphaRego01(m): 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
If dis is de worst of ur problems,u no get problem.u get luck

At ur age,this is what u present as a problem

Pikin

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by 900warriorz: 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
Leave Pale alone cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
It's late sir

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
Oesophagus99:
Op First of all BuroUbanka for this stupid post.

Allow your daddy to rock his spinach therapy in peace!

Abi is it your house?

Black Assed people must will never let this world to enjoy the right to private life!!

*Mtcheeew*
Thank you for saying it as it is without mimicking word, the guy is not just ignorant but very stupid.
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by dheilaw1(m): 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
Kylekent59:
Do you hear your mum moaning every night?
Your dad is gonna be a good fucker in bed.
Your mum can't just help it. She likes it.
nairaland na cruiz I swear grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Lexusgs430: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
Emperormartin:

Pls help a Brother!!!

It's his life........ We are always allowed to make awkward decisions........

Weed that he has been smoking since the age of 12, you want him to stop at 67............ cheesy

Do you pay his bills.......... tongue

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by shogsman(m): 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
Just forget it's too late

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
lol, Baba Fela. laffing my ass out

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by blacq2009(m): 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
So? Once a thief, always a thief
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by fancifulasuquo(m): 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
Report him to NDLEA
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by RichAbujaGuy: 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
Weed>Alcohol/Liquor! wink

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by CzarChris(m): 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2021
omojesu202:
bumbumclat...
Are you serious??
He's strong.
How him life be? it's not easy to smoke weed and be successful.
Are you serious right now? This misconception about weed smokers is quite funny to say the least. I personally know judges, captains of industries, professors, bankers who smoke weed heavily. That you see a few touts on the road misbehaving shouldn't give you such ungodly idea that weed smokers a no do gooders in life.

@Emperormartin, leave your Dad alone, forcing him to quit smoking weed may lead to his early demise. Just pray he quits at his own time and pace.

8 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Jabioro: 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ready for the burial whenever you stop him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid / The Woman My Best Friend Is About To Marry This Saturday Has No Womb, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.