Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! (42740 Views)

My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me / Old Nigerian Grandma Smoking Weed Goes Viral. Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by figoperch: 2:38am On Jan 02, 2021
Emperormartin:
Compliments of the season to all nairalanders...

Please I noticed a disturbing scenario playing in my house as I came back for xmas... My 67yr old dad use to smoke weed (Igbo) in our sitting room.

When we were younger, he use to smoke outside and occasionally smokes around the house especially late in the night or in the wee hours.

As a matter of fact I'm 30yrs and I have another younger brother who's 27yrs then my sister who's the youngest. But Non of us smoke weed or have toed in his line... My mother has tried in that aspect not to raise us like that!!!

I brought this issue here because I need help on how to make my aging dad DESIST from that lifestyle... It breaks my heart seeing him popping smoke like that and it's degrading when we have visitors in the house... And secondly I'm wary of his health!!!

Pls help a Brother!!!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Tayor23(m): 2:45am On Jan 02, 2021
illicit:

Dis proverb na very strong proverb o....

shocked
so nha from hoe before asshoe anambra women dey breath�
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Eyaba(m): 3:14am On Jan 02, 2021
@67 your Dad doesn't need an advice to stop smoking weed, my opinion is that you look for were he does keep it then grand Cameroun peppe mixed it up the way he would not notice and leave it for him then wait for the results
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by kvngmaxy(m): 3:22am On Jan 02, 2021
bros to quit weed no easy
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by onome2013: 3:22am On Jan 02, 2021
Whenever he has a slight malaria, make an arrangement with his doctor who will advise him by telling him that his days on earth are numbered except he stops smoking Morocco

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by kushercain: 3:47am On Jan 02, 2021
Nato008:

so u still carried this habit of reading without comprehending abi....u didn't see where OP said he visits during festive period.....mtchew

Why do you keep jumping on my mentions dumb fvck
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Hallabee1(m): 4:37am On Jan 02, 2021
oz4real83:
I can feel your pain. Imagine having your visitor see your father smoking weed embarassed. It looks degrading on you especially with the way we associate weed to irresponsible people in Nigeria. You can only pray now, nothing more. He feels he owns and can do anything in his home especially now that he sees u and your siblings as adults that should be on their own for him to have his privacy to do anything in his home. He used to smoke in secret when you were young but openly does it now that u are adults to show u that he knows what he is doing embarassed

i love this your comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Hallabee1(m): 4:40am On Jan 02, 2021
mariahAngel:

If you can get him to reduce it to once a day at least, or twice at most, I believe it won't do him harm.
Does he have a good appetite for food?

if he try that ,the old man life is at risk and does the mother complain ...
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Hallabee1(m): 4:42am On Jan 02, 2021
Emperormartin:

My brother I can confidently tell you it's not. Even right from onset... That woman has persevered!!! God bless her!!!

do you know what you are saying ...

Is the wife complaining ? that's what gives the old man joy...Aje

no talk rubbish again b4 slap locate you

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Angeldada55(m): 5:29am On Jan 02, 2021
[quote author=Emperormartin post=97552319]Compliments of the season to all nairalanders...

Please I noticed a disturbing scenario playing in my house as I came back for xmas... My 67yr old dad use to smoke weed (Igbo) in our sitting room.

When we were younger, he use to smoke outside and occasionally smokes around the house especially late in the night or in the wee hours.

As a matter of fact I'm 30yrs and I have another younger brother who's 27yrs then my sister who's the youngest. But Non of us smoke weed or have toed in his line... My mother has tried in that aspect not to raise us like that!!!

I brought this issue here because I need help on how to make my aging dad DESIST from that lifestyle... It breaks my heart seeing him popping smoke like that and it's degrading when we have visitors in the house... And secondly I'm wary of his health!!!

Pls help a Brother!!!

Your aging father needs no help but you do !!!
Your father is a real niggar - and he knows what he's doing. Smoking weed is not bad - only the abuse of it !!!

And if your papa smoking habit dey shame you - disown him na...abi ? But, remember say all of us get bad habit even if we don't smoke weed.

Pesin wey dey smoke weed no dey sick anyhow and pesin wey dey smoke weed no dey carry pesin for mind...

I jus wan know if your parle dey like use *jedi* ?

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by HRMK: 5:42am On Jan 02, 2021
try #dna to know who ur true father is!its not usual for miscreants to give birth to good kids!!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Kriss216: 5:52am On Jan 02, 2021
mariahAngel:
At this stage, there's little or nothing you can do about it.
Besides, marijuana is not bad, just the abuse of it. It's a herb.
How many times does he smoke it in a day?
You see why I love you
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Kay25(m): 6:05am On Jan 02, 2021
Thank God for your life that you are not toeing in his path please maintain that and never look back..onething to do is to pray for his salvation for his eyes to be opened and realised how much degraded he has been all this year's..it's usually hard for many of them to stop but there is nothing God can't do
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by raphy(m): 6:15am On Jan 02, 2021
ThT thing will kill him one day I knw a man who smoke too much n look so dried in his chest he later die his wife could not stop him they hv to take his bag if weed n burnt.

You better collect all the weeds frm him no matter how hard he fight you. When he die Na una go still cry n bury him.
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Cypolin: 6:20am On Jan 02, 2021
Bro don't let that worry u. Weed is not bad I have a father like him too. If u make him stop it which I know none of u can, u will not like his attitude. It has been keeping him going and it keeps them strong. Encourage in to eat friuts, vegetables and lots of water among other things. Ok nofin is gonna happen to his health.
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by jeff1607(m): 6:31am On Jan 02, 2021
Mindlog:
He has been on it for decades, stopping will be very difficult. With his children already grown up, there is no longer any motivation to quit. The only time he would temporarily quit is whenever he is on admission in a hospital and would continue when discharged.

Your mother has finally accepted him for who he is, so he is comfortable in his paradise.

And if a grandchild is in the house , this might motivate him to stop
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by payloader(m): 6:49am On Jan 02, 2021
The only way to help is to introduce him to Jesus Christ. That is the only One who can wean your dad off marijuana usage, because from every indication, your dad is a real niggarrr (in the voice of Slawormir)
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Mindlog: 7:06am On Jan 02, 2021
jeff1607:

And if a grandchild is in the house , this might motivate him to stop

Though that may soften him but I feel his children would not be comfortable sending their own children to spend time with him.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by freeman5050: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2021
Emperormartin:

No. He doesn't fall sick always. But his health hasn't been sound in recent years

Weed is medicinal. Since his health is sound with his age, then why worry?
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Dreyton36: 8:02am On Jan 02, 2021
Rossintii:

Honestly, he must be a very wise man. One can imagine the level of thoughts in his head at 67 smoking ganja. A real treasure trove of wisdom and insight.

I swear bruh
Instead of him to be grateful to be born by a man of wisdom of Mary jane

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Uguruzik(m): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2021
The only wrong thing he is doing here is smoking inside the sitting room. And I think you should try and softly tell him to stop that, he may smoke it his personal room or any other private place. Smoking weed at 65 is wrong if he's making trouble for the family after smoking.
Just live your life and let your Dad live his', weather you smoke or not, you must die when your time comes.
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by bigtt76(f): 8:22am On Jan 02, 2021
Tule to him

Please don't try to force him to stop, lest he becomes violent. Speak nicely to him and ensure he's well fed and clothed.

Emperormartin:
Compliments of the season to all nairalanders...

Pls help a Brother!!!
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Bennysam: 8:33am On Jan 02, 2021
Emperormartin:

We were young and in primary Schools. He use to hide when doing it. We didn't have much option then. But now we've grown. He's still doing it...and we don't smoke!!!
We just want to help him
Bros don’t waste your time here all this weed smokers here will support your father so you won’t get any good advice here

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by Nwaotu10(m): 8:58am On Jan 02, 2021
If you love your dad, and you still want him alive, never stop him from taking weed.

He will die, if you guys make him stop.
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by alloy123: 9:11am On Jan 02, 2021
Bro,its not a misconception about ganja as per se irrespective of those named TITLES you mentioned..Mind you,weed smokers do not smoke it in moderation just like what we got from the medically refined ones maybe through drips and the rest..Just google and see the effects of STIMULANT to the neurons
CzarChris:
Are you serious right now? This misconception about weed smokers is quite funny to say the least. I personally know judges, captains of industries, professors, bankers who smoke weed heavily. That you see a few touts on the road misbehaving shouldn't give you such ungodly idea that weed smokers a no do gooders in life.

@Emperormartin, leave your Dad alone, forcing him to quit smoking weed may lead to his early demise. Just pray he quits at his own time and pace.
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by xtonimarie: 9:25am On Jan 02, 2021
It is good that you are concerned about your dad. Unfortunately, this concern is misplaced. My advice - look for the video documentary titled "God Plant" watch it and be educated. I wish you all the best.
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by CzarChris(m): 9:25am On Jan 02, 2021
alloy123:
Bro,its not a misconception about ganja as per se irrespective of those named TITLES you mentioned..Mind you,weed smokers do not smoke it in moderation just like what we got from the medically refined ones maybe through drips and the rest..Just google and see the effects of STIMULANT to the neurons
It's funny when I read things like this. You talk about stimulants, CAFFEINE is a stimulant, but I don't see anybody talking about banning coffee or energy drinks. Dude I don't smoke weed, i quit weed years ago, but I still smoke cigarettes. weed. Effects of weed to the neurons? Well, google about CBD oils and get back to me.
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by ledaman: 10:17am On Jan 02, 2021
The only thing you can do it to invite someone he respect a lot to talk to him and probably a counselor also.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by jeff1607(m): 10:59am On Jan 02, 2021
Mindlog:

Though that may soften him but I feel his children would not be comfortable sending their own children to spend time with him.

You got a point there.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by obiokaphor(m): 11:50am On Jan 02, 2021
How is eating a banana to stupor bad? Can you elaborate more on this?
Richardlove:
During my university days, nearly everything I cook or eat contain weed. I could read from 4:00 p.m to 8:00 a. m and enter examination hall and drop word for word answers to questions. I wrote many imaginery contents. You will never know I smoke weed because I do it codedly. Oh, those good old days! But, now I willinly gave up smoking habits for reasons known to me. Not for any healthy or legal reason.
My advise to OP, you're now a man, a full grown adult. Be nice to your dad so as to gain his trust. Show more kindness especially when he is smoking the weed or after smoking the weed. I prefer after smoking the weed because he will be in his good mood then. Your kindness is not limited to this period alone. But do it more during these periods. During these time discuss things with him. Buys him suppliment, fruits, wine, clothings, foot wears etc. As much as you can afford. You're to buy for mum too so as not to create jelousy. But your target is your dad. Study him and try to understand some facts about him. Then ask him one day the "bomb questionn." If he can give up this smoking habit? I'm sure he might tell you, "Son, I can't, or bla bla." If he accepts to give it up, thank God your wish prevailed if not still continue to be nice to him. That is the price tag you'll have to pay to get your wish granted. Remember, you have sown a seed in his heart with that question. The seed will continue to grown because he is a human being and a reasonable being for that matter. One day, you'll be surprised at onec he'll stop it or gradually reduced it and finally stop it.
Note, smoking is not bad. it is abuse, addictions, and the consequent result of violent behaviours that makes it bad. Even eating banana to stupor can be term an abuse and bad.
Finally, from your narration, your dad seem to be one lucky dude who weed is good for. Good luck on your journey to rehab you dad.
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by cheestar85: 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
at 67? my uncle is 70+ and he still smokes, I think he's a responsible smoker who doesn't smoke outside of his house. leave him to his life and focus on your own life. if he were my dad I wouldn't make any issue out of it as long as he doesn't do that that in public. and he doesn't abuse his family physically. be proud of your dad abeg. papa is a ganja planter
Re: Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! by UNRULY(m): 12:49pm On Jan 02, 2021
Go and rent your own house and stop trying to fix what’s not broken. There’s nothing wrong with smoking weed, abi him nuh de provide for him family? Go and tell Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and the rest of other people fathers to stop smoking or doing whatever makes them happy.
You need a job this new year becos it seems you lack one

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid / The Woman My Best Friend Is About To Marry This Saturday Has No Womb, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.