Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train (43304 Views)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by lebete3000: 11:18pm On Dec 31, 2020
Ugandatales:

Don't mind all the people shitting on this great development. I just got in to Lagos today from Ibadan, for 2k bus fare. I would have taken the train today too, but I overslept...by the time I got to the station at 8:30am, the train had left. They leave on time, and they get to destination on time (no more spending 4-5 hours sweating in traffic via bus). Abeg, I love this train. Let the guys that want to keep entering bus go ahead. Besides, Camry without A/C from Challenge (Ibadan) to Lagos is 2k5-3k, so what is wrong with A/C train that cost 2k5? I tire for these bad belle people always complaining about everything.

Most of them are probably the same public transporters that ply that route. This train would take food out the mouths of many. You no fit blame them na... I just hope they don't sabotage the trains sha...

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Ugandatales: 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2020
lebete3000:

Most of them are probably the same public transporters that ply that route. This train would take food out the mouths of many. You no fit blame them na... I just hope they don't sabotage the trains sha...

Hmm. True.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by lebete3000: 11:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
tunene66:
My trip to Ibadan ón the 29th and return trip to Lagos on the 30th was wonderful.
The train did not operate at its maximum speed but it was a pleasant experience and enriching
Just hope and pray the standard of operations, cleanliness will be sustained.
The staff were wonderful. Indeed kudos to the train staff.
Work on the Stations need to be hastened. Also the access road from the Moniya-Iseyin road to the Moniya (Ibadan) station needs to be worked on.
I encourage all to just take the ride. You will want to take more trips

How does the #6,000 fare coach look like?
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by tunene66: 1:30am On Jan 01, 2021
lebete3000:

How does the #6,000 fare coach look like?

I only went to the 5k coach o
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Poloyanabo2(m): 1:39am On Jan 01, 2021
lebete3000:

With all the stray animals and open defecation in the Bush, I doubt if this train would ever run faster than 100km/hr. Nigerians aren't ready for that. I even doubt our airplanes run at maximum speed sef... undecided
grin Guy easy na gringrin
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by E2eGAYMl7: 1:49am On Jan 01, 2021
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Savlamara(f): 2:35am On Jan 01, 2021
It's about time! I pray I get to ride it soon. Lagos traffic is keeping me from visiting as it is
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by AnthonyAk(m): 3:46am On Jan 01, 2021
lebete3000:

So you can blow 2k5 a day for road transportation? I tap my left blockus for you oh...

2k5 is alot for the average person forbsure but govt needs to make their money back some how
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by EgunMogaji2: 4:48am On Jan 01, 2021
lebete3000:

Another angle.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by BreconHills(m): 6:52am On Jan 01, 2021
lebete3000:

You sure sey train go fit drive at that neck breaking speed for ds our naija? Even the average Nigerian no go join you siddon inside for fear. I know how scared peeps are even in planes...

Lol
Because of the fact that trains normally travel through featureless landscapes e.g countryside- trains actually give the impression that they are not travelling very fast. The effect is similar to an aircraft in the sky. Once their is no static or slower object to compare speed with, speed appears to be non existent.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by murmee: 8:23am On Jan 01, 2021
dawnomike:
Dugbe is the best... But the rail line at Dugbe is the old rail, and it is not linked to this new one in any way. So, i guess everyone will have to make do with the one at moniya if you are to travel to Lagos via train.
A shuttle service train could be introduced at Omi-Adio to carry passengers to Dugbe old train station. The Moniya station is too far from most residential areas in Ibadan and that renders the train journey unattractive to passengers heading to Ibadan!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by lebete3000: 9:52am On Jan 01, 2021
BreconHills:

Lol
Because of the fact that trains normally travel through featureless landscapes e.g countryside- trains actually give the impression that they are not travelling very fast. The effect is similar to an aircraft in the sky. Once their is no static or slower object to compare speed with, speed appears to be non existent.

Na Physics you read ba, or mech engine?
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Sharmeenator(m): 11:50am On Jan 01, 2021
I think it's too early to start criticising the fares and travel time. Let's give it time. Once more stations are fully activated and the rail lines fully optimised, with more coaches coming on stream, the travel time and fares would reduce, hopefully.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by aribisala0(m): 11:56am On Jan 01, 2021
The question is whether there are the passenger numbers for government to make their money back

Make their money back on the rail track??

Make their money back on the coaches?

Ultimately this will end up being a "subsidized" loss making enterprise
FOR THE RICH
It should be run as a business and that means government should encourage businesses to come in and buy coaches like airlines while government keeps the rail track infrastructure

Otherwise we may have to conclude that it is a waste of money.

We just have to bet on how many years it will take for government to wake up to that reality

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by RuggedSniper: 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2021
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by lebete3000: 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
tunene66:

I only went to the 5k coach o

Big boy!

So how was it, compared with the 2k5 coach?
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by tunene66: 2:35pm On Jan 01, 2021
lebete3000:

Big boy!

So how was it, compared with the 2k5 coach?

I travelled on the 2k5 coach o, both to n fro.
I only went to the 5k coach o.
The differences are in the seating arrangement, quality of seats. Also there were some amenities available in the 5k coach not in the 2k5 coach
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by lebete3000: 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
tunene66:

I travelled on the 2k5 coach o, both to n fro.
I only went to the 5k coach o.
The differences are in the seating arrangement, quality of seats. Also there were some amenities available in the 5k coach not in the 2k5 coach

Like?
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2021
aribisala0:
It is hard to see how they can maintain the trains not to talk of repay the loan from those fares and so one questions the economic viability of passenger trains
Maybe they should just focus on the commercial movement of goods
Moving passengers by rail will be a backdoor subsidy for the rich WITH BORROWED MONEY

cargo is the key...that is if the truck operators will allow it to work
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by DisGuy: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
murmee:
A shuttle service train could be introduced at Omi-Adio to carry passengers to Dugbe old train station. The Moniya station is too far from most residential areas in Ibadan and that renders the train journey unattractive to passengers heading to Ibadan!

Inter city trains are not meant to go into residential areas....bus and cabs will soon develop new routes to complete journeys

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Aksimple47(m): 9:18pm On Jan 09, 2021
Ugandatales:

I'm telling you. I went to the Moniya station this morning. The road leading to the train station was recently constructed... it's super solid. Development in that area will be on the rise in the next couple of years. Plus, the train station at Moniya is just 10-15 minutes from Ojoo (where I live), so this is great for me �
pls, how many minutes is it from moniya to Apete/Olomo Axis??

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Ugandatales: 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2021
Aksimple47:
pls, how many minutes is it from moniya to Apete/Olomo Axis??

5 minutes from the station to main Moniya, 10 minutes from Moniya to Ojoo, and like 25 minutes from Ojoo to Apete. So, like 40 minutes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Military Jets Collide Mid-Air At A Texas Air Show, 6 Dead (Video) / N.d.l.e.a Drug Clearance / A Story Of How I Got Deported From Canada(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.