Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer (895 Views)

"We Will Not Abandon Our Promises:" Buhari's 2021 Christmas Message / 12 Things Buhari Said In New Year Broadcast / New Year Broadcast: I Will Continue To Listen To Youths - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer by deantimes(m): 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2020
Inibehe Effiong, a human rights lawyer, says he will not listen to the new year broadcast of President Muhammadu Buhari scheduled for Friday morning.

The presidency had earlier released a statement informing the citizens of the president’s wish to address them when the new year starts.

For Mr Effiong, his decision is hinged on his resolve not to trade-off his mental health. He said listening to the Nigerian leader leads to depression.

He predicted that nothing meaningful will come out from the scheduled broadcast and advised some presidential aides to listen to their principal’s speech which he described as lame even when the broadcast is yet to be aired.

“Listening to Buhari’s new year speech will amount to starting the year with depression. I’m not ready to compromise my mental health in 2021,” Effiong said Thursday evening.

“I bet that Buhari will not say anything meaningful or of consequence. Garba Shehu, Femi Adesina and others can listen to his lame speech,” the lawyer wrote on Facebook.

Some Nigerians share same sentiment as the legal practitioner mostly due to increasing insecurity bedeviling all parts of the country. Several calls for the rejig of the security architecture have always fell on deaf ears even when the Nigerian Senate has also suggested so thrice.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/why-i-wont-listen-to-buharis-2021-new-year-broadcast-lawyer/
Re: Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:28pm On Dec 31, 2020

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer by Villagemeat: 10:35pm On Dec 31, 2020
Nothing good will come out of it.....still same story
Re: Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer by Jostoman: 10:41pm On Dec 31, 2020
Listen to president speech when I have a better things to do. And I don't want to start my year with the same old story.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:46pm On Dec 31, 2020
I wager most of this evening was spent recording the speech and most of tonight will be spent editing the nonsense garble for 7am presentation to gullible Nigerians tomorrow.

Have a splendid 2021 you suckers grin
Re: Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer by yarimo(m): 10:47pm On Dec 31, 2020
Mr inibehe effiong that is your business next news please.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer by truthfulparrot(m): 10:52pm On Dec 31, 2020
I am not interested in listening to a pre-recorded lifeless speech that lacks passion and empathy. The president should soro soke. He should address us live with all major media outfits present to witness and confirm the live event. This should be followed by a live random interview sessions with Journalists.
If the president can do that, Nigerians will have more confidence that he is a capable leader..

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2020
Hmn
Re: Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer by taiwotimitt: 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2020
Wahala be like Mr. President's speech grin. Nobody wants to listen to it. Mr. President doesn't care. If you like listen if like don't. 2021 we jet cool
Re: Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer by lamentor78(m): 12:19am On Jan 01, 2021
He will tell us that he has reduce train fare from Lagos to ibadan from 2500 to 2300
Re: Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer by festacman(m): 12:27am On Jan 01, 2021
It's your radio or TV and your ear.

For me I will listen. I always listen. It is a skill.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Listen To Buhari’s 2021 New Year Broadcast: Lawyer by Dimmatic(f): 5:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
Avoid depression avoid repeated dashed hopes.
Put all effort in pleasing God and improving on ur source(s) of income.Govt doesn't send you, He addresses the nation or not,what can the lame NASS do to that? his liar mohd,demi femi adesinner,garbage shehu must have excuses to throw at you Nigerians.
Let's teach you how to use your time wisely,let's teach you how to drive better than you were shown or told,see yourself driving smartly and in confidence

(1) (Reply)

Proves That Kanu's Esn Are Scammer's / Anambra State Govt. Acquires New Innoson Vehicles For The Vigilantes / Two Categories Of People Found In The Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.