Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? - Dating And Meet-up Zone (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? (4967 Views)

All The Single Ladies / I Need A Single Naija Guy Based In D Uk Or Usa And Dubai / Where Are The Single Igbo Brothers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Chiekezi(m): 1:15am On Jul 27, 2007
Oh Yes they are still in existence and abound all over. Like I said though, they may be a bit more circumspect and view those of the fairer sex with a bit of scepticism due to wounds inflicted on them in earlier encounters. Once they no longer suffer from "rebound syndrome" and cease to view all women as witches, they invariably tend to be more reliable as they are wont to make the same mistake twice!!!
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by spoilt(f): 2:19am On Jul 27, 2007
Chiekezi:

Oh Yes they are still in existence and abound all over. Like I said though, they may be a bit more circumspect and view those of the fairer sex with a bit of scepticism due to wounds inflicted on them in earlier encounters. Once they no longer suffer from "rebound syndrome" and cease to view all women as witches, they invariably tend to be more reliable as they are wont to make the same mistake twice!!!

i dont know about that oh! they seem to fall for the same kind of women over and over again. the 'good' ones
like obirin are virtually invisible to them.
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Chiekezi(m): 3:13am On Jul 27, 2007
i disagree, think of the worst pain you have had in your life and then multiply that by a hundred, thats the emotional strain and trauma that comes with divorce or living in a bad marriage, unless one is foolish or has a death wish they will avoid this
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by ozoneflake(m): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2007
cryAm shy!
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by tamj(f): 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2007
sweet t ~ I saw that you are from TX , and that you have cousins that are still looking, I live near there, and have been looking for MR Right myself, perhaps you can message me, I would love to ask you some questions.

Tam
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Obirin0521: 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2007
Tamj:
I consider every responder to this post as a personal guest and as I have been fortunate to speak with some of the responders offline, as a hostess, I take it seriously that my 'guests' are comfortable and protected.   I find your request to Sweet T a little disturbing considering what you wrote today on another thread. 
3   Forums / Romance / Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men  on: Today at 04:18:19 AM 
I have recently started to date a very sweet Nigerian Yoruban man, I am very curious and have many questions.  Is it customary for a Nigerian born man to have an americanized name and a native name?  Since I am a caucasion woman, with biracial children from a previous marriage, I wonder if the acceptance from his family of myself and my children will be similar to what I would/could expect from an American black family, or if the culture is different and is it more acceptable in Osun State (I believe that is the spelling)?   If I wanted to send a gift to his mother, what would be an acceptable gift?  I do not wish to offend the sweet woman that raised this loving man, so any help in that regard would be greatly appreciated.   I was raised in a very stong Christian home, and color was never a topic persay, so to me, the love I am starting to feel for this man, is just that, for a this loving man who just happens to be from Nigeria and is a Yoruban man.  I wish to know more about his culture and traditions, and would like to know of any great websites to be able to gather this information.  Thanks and God Bless!

Whilst it may be 'understandable' that you wish to edge your bets, I find it exceptionally distasteful that your response is specifically directed to Sweet T who clearly stated that his cousins had been through heartaches.  If you are not 'free 'n clear' kindly let single souls be.
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by tamj(f): 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2007
How true that would if it were as it was at 1 something in the morning, since that time frame, I have found that the NIgerian man I had been speaking to has been or is involved in a fraud scam. I am lucky that I was able to find this website and lucky that I did post early this morning when I did, because I was able to connect with a person who actually showed me the things I guess I already knew to be true, yet needed to hear it from an unbiased source. I am single, and looking, and had met the previous Nigerian man through Eharmony. Is there anything else I can explain to you?
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by denex: 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2007
@Obinrin

tamj was enroute to being scammed by them yahoo boys.

We've been chatting almost all day and so far, I realised this her "fiancee" is a scam. But thank God it hasn't gone that far.

@Sweet T

our boys are at it again O! Dem been don hold tamj for work already. Abeg help me handle her matter. I've been chatting with her all day.
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by dontworry(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2007
Hi Babygirl, d kind of pple u surround urself wit goes a long way 2 determine ur partner! Digest. What do u want in a guy 4real don't lie 2 me cos u can't be smarter dan ur brain. And do u blieve dat real luv exist, U can meet wit me as i take u tru d sea of luv on my mail- VINNYLOVE@Justice.Com or feel free 2 call me on my mobile. . . God is luv: dat is d first step
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by tamj(f): 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2007
dontworry ~ wow, thank you for your response, it was very flattering, however, I am not sure I am ready to start something online again. Thank you though,

Denex ~ thank you for taking the time to speak to me earlier and now, it was very thoughtful of you, and although I admit I didn't want to hear what you were saying to me, as it just confirmed everything all my freinds were saying, I really needed to hear it. Thank you so much Denex~

Oberin ~ my apologies if I appeared rude in my response to yours, today has just not been a "Good" day, and although that still does not make my short reply right, I just needed you to know I am not like that, (snappy)
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Chiekezi(m): 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2007
there goes the neighbourhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Chiekezi(m): 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2007
there goes the neighbourhood!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Obirin0521: 11:58pm On Jul 28, 2007
Chikezi:
The neighbourhood is only as gone as you'll let it. wink

To your earlier discussion with Spoilt regarding guys not being repeat offenders:  Everyone tends to have specific dating patterns.  Mine I confess, until recently, was seeking emotionally unavailable guys.   With each relationship that ended I swore to the high heavens that I would avoid such personalities since the pain was not worth the effort, but before long I was dating another one of Adam's genetically 'mutilated' sons.  tongue
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Chiekezi(m): 12:07am On Jul 29, 2007
@Obirin

Well there you have it in a nutshell,

Allow yourself to breathe and exhale after a relationship, very often we dont do a "lessons learned" after failed relationships and consequently carry Louis Vuittons into the next one
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Obirin0521: 12:21am On Jul 29, 2007
Chiekezi
consequently carry Louis Vuittons 
grin

I concur.  It's not often the handy LV knapsacks but rather the 'Ghana-must-go' bags that we drag along.  When individuals take the time for unbridled selfanalysis post any emotional ride, we are better off for the experience.  Usually.

Anyone care to complete the 'Ad' I started on July 25?
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Chiekezi(m): 12:29am On Jul 29, 2007
What "Ad", ooops, i mean which ad, ad infinitum? address?, advertisment?, admission?

Me lost!!
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Chiekezi(m): 12:33am On Jul 29, 2007
Just spotted it,

@Obirin: Could you explain the ambiguity of "West African Sun in his veins",

Does this mean you are looking for someone who wants to relocate to nigeria or for someone who has just emigrated from nigeria?
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Obirin0521: 1:12am On Jul 29, 2007
Neither.  Just someone who is proud of where he comes from and does not feel the 'Foreign Lands' are the be-all and end-all of everything good.

PS: Wishing to eventually relocate to Naija won't be a bad happenstance.
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Chiekezi(m): 1:15am On Jul 29, 2007
pick me, pick me, pick me!!! grin
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Obirin0521: 1:25am On Jul 29, 2007
Can't. You didn't complete the 'Ad' wink
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Chiekezi(m): 1:32am On Jul 29, 2007
pray tell how?
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Obirin0521: 1:42am On Jul 29, 2007
Ha! Therein lies the crux of the matter.
You're a 'Bard', I assert.
Wax away based on that which thou hath espied from between the lines. cheesy

I know: I'm in an unusually silly mood today. It just feels so good to be back in my home after more than 6 days on the road!
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Chiekezi(m): 1:54am On Jul 29, 2007
I perused twixt the lines, alas i find myself no more enlightened.
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 30, 2007
mmm,

all this grammar

just for toasting wink wink

chiekezi, finish the ad abeg!

better still apply- with your age and present location grin grin

@obirin

Sorry I hav been away for awhile got post graduate exams coming up and work has been hectic

My reunion was GREAT almost forgot about sightseeing for eligibles
But for one thing it did widen my circle

About the upcoming Naija affair, go for it
at least you know you can share it with us here whatever happens
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Obirin0521: 2:30am On Jul 30, 2007
Salsera  Welcome back! kiss
chiekezi,  finish the ad abeg!
This is also open for my 'sisters' to finish.  Just a fun exercise to see what we make of it. wink

I'm glad your reunion went well.  Anyway in the Yoruba/Latin of my late Grandma 'Sunkumus Riranmus'  (Tears ought not hinder sight), I hope you placed your calling cards in strategic hands. grin  I'm glad you didn't suffer any of the indignities I went through last week.

Today's luncheon was like day to night when compared to last week's fiasco. It was a very nice crowd, couple in their late twenties baptizing their adopted child from Naija.  It was very beautiful and the group was a cohesive one. 

I strutted in with my Tequila-Lime chicken for the grill.  (I'm practicing for our Ladies grilling contest this upcoming weekend).  We ate alfresco as it was a Barbecue and there was no herding!  Several conversations going on in the garden; from the usual politics to 'solarizing' homes in Naija.  Very relaxing.  Spoilt will be happy to know that I actually acknowledged the compliments of a couple of the obviously younger (<30 y/o), guys instead of my usual pooh-pooh of any such attentions in my directions.  (I'm on the slightly petite side so it usually takes a wee bit for some to believe that I'm at least 3-4 years older than some of them).  I sure did have a relaxing time and was back home with enough time to enjoy the rest of my Sunday.  Phew-Thank you Lord for compensation!

PS: Two couples from last week's shindig were there too: The 'Fulani'-want to-be hostess and one who had 'God forbid it' my statements re divorce.  I said my hellos then efficiently and expediently moved on to another part of the garden to avoid any aggravation/'irritainement' .
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by spoilt(f): 1:18am On Aug 11, 2007
ok obirin. good to know there was no herding this time. hehehe. i still havent recovered from that word. i still howl with laughter whenever i remember it. kindly clarify the fulani-wannabe thing too. why would she try to front as a fulani woman? so you guys actually got to discuss solar energy? hmmm. who would have thought? the conversation usually is deftly directed towards the marriage lane. you must have had a group of sane people.
so did you get any guys to put your number on speed dial? hope so.
glad you acknowledeged the younger men. i am proud of you. kiss. you'll be suprised how younger guys go where the older ones fear to tread.

and so your madam God forbid surfaced again? she'll have you under her radar incase you are hoping her marriage kaputs and you fill in her shoes.

the thing about being single is that you have all this opportunity before you. enjoy it and revel in all the attention you get jare. i am so uncomfortable with male attention since my marriage. i wouldnt know what to do with it sef! my eyes dont even dare stray when i am with oga lest my chop money be revoked! grin
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by acidrop(f): 1:20am On Aug 11, 2007
hmmmmmmmm, go to the church o better still bak 2 ur home town, u will have lots 2 chose from
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by promise72(m): 3:35am On Aug 11, 2007
@ Obirin,

Just ran across your posting. Im 35 (since june) lives in california. as serious as they come. Straight shooter. You can drop me a line or shoot me an email (could have email you but your email is not posted).

Im willing to speak with you. Hoping to hear from you.

Still.
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2007
hmmm

Na wa o!

This 'ad' seems to be working

but what happened to Bros Chiekezi -- I actually enjoyed your 'shakespeare', I hope you did not run away o!
Abi una don 'hook up' behind our posts.

But serously where is everyone like ikamefa and the other guy

@spoilt

how have you been, and how's your baby

i like the phrase ' where older men dare tread'
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by spoilt(f): 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2007
the ad is finally working! guys are now gonna be crawling out of the boardworks in search of obirin. the heifer is gonna need a catcher's mitt to grab all that attention.
chiekezi should keep waxing poetic. its great fun to read. he may have a chance with obirin. he does seem to have his own share of dry wit! its all about the humour.

i have 2 nigerian events this evening. maybe i should put on my wedding band which i hardly wear these days and play the tormentor for once. grin . make the single girls jealous. i'll make them salivate like pavlov dogs over my shiny commitment band. aaaah! it might be great fun. grin
ladies, you know i'm kidding. whoever wants my wedding band can have it. this marriage thing is hard work. tongue

@salsera
how are you doing? my baby is doing fine.thanks for asking jare. the kid is right now fighting me for my keyboard. i cant even type in peace. grin
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Imani(f): 10:58pm On Aug 11, 2007
spoilt:

i have 2 nigerian events this evening. maybe i should put on my wedding band which i hardly wear these days and play the tormentor for once. grin . make the single girls jealous. i'll make them salivate like pavlov dogs over my shiny commitment band. aaaah! it might be great fun. grin
ladies, you know i'm kidding. whoever wants my wedding band can have it. this marriage thing is hard work. tongue

You wicked no be small o. . . .shame on you. grin grin grin
Re: Ok, That Is It! Where Are The Single Naija Men Of Quality Over 35? by Imani(f): 11:08pm On Aug 11, 2007
Some men are not emotionally ready to handle relationships. It doesnt matter what age they are and how big in size they are. Sometimes they are simply immature and don't know what they want. It is really sad. However, some guys just need an "angel" that will help them fly.

That said, sometimes we ladies may need to work on ourselves a little more in what we condition ourselves to accept. Nothing is constant in life, and the only thing that is  . .is change.

I wish you luck in your quest for that special guy. Nigerian guys (the serious ones at least) are great, only if you meet the right one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

For Rich Gay Guys Only.call 08082925096 / Curious Abt Some Landers / Confess Your Love For Eve Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.