Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Marriage Palava part 4 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Palava part 4 (2286 Views)

Dna Test Palava Part 2 (update) / Marriage Palava part 3 / Marriage Palava part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Palava part 4 by deleSayo(m): 10:00am On Jan 01, 2021
I'm sure many of you have seen the previous threads about my turbulent marriage. Truth is I feel less shame discussing my marriage here as I'm anonymous.. so insults are welcome as no one here knows me personally..

So, my wife and I have had issues from the very beginning, from the lack of relationship between her and my family members, to her growing cold towards me, to me distancing myself from her etc..

Truth be told my marriage as reached breaking point on numerous occasions but this is the height of my pain as I sit here typing on Nairaland whilst others are busy celebrating the new year with their families.

My wife wished me a happy new year by informing me for the hundredth time that she has fallen out of love with me and is tired of our sexless marriage - only this time she also informs me that she recently reconnected with an old flame from uni (who happens to be from Ghana). They had always had a thing which never materialised as she refused to date him due to cultural differences (she couldnt marry someone that isn't Nigerian).

I recall her telling me shortly after our engagement that this particular 'friend ' cut off contact with her out of anger & frustration when she told him she has decided to marry me.

Now recently, this guy is back again in the picture and they've been talking. When I questioned her further, she admitted to my face that she is sexually attracted to him and the only thing stopping her from cheating is the fear of God.

I have every reason to end this marriage but things are so complicated. We have this strange connection I can't explain despite our marriage and sex life being in tatters - she's got such a magnetic character, kind, and wears her heart on her sleeve. If she has slept with that guy I would know for sure (that's how open she is). I actually grabbed her phone during the altercation this morning - read all her chats ..with him saying all the nasty things he would do to her, how he doesn't give a fucck about the dude she's married to (me) because he knew her before me, how he doesn't want to disrupt her home but wants to be there for her sexually and emotionally, he's accepted his fate bla bla.

I'm at my breaking point right now..

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Burstscam: 10:01am On Jan 01, 2021
Oga, you'll soon slide into acute depression. I think the most practical thing to do now is to separate temporarily. Both of you should stay apart till you start missing each other. See finish has crept in. But mind you, the outcome might be disastrous. She may end up cheating. Thereafter she may regret it and truly wants to make up with you. If that happens, you may enjoy a very long happy marriage afterwards. Or she may, after cheating, decides to move on.

Shits happen. I'm a realist so I give practical advice. But don't take my advice if you're fainthearted

21 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Richardonald(m): 10:04am On Jan 01, 2021
Bros your wife have already cheated on you... forget all those poem, the best thing is to let go, both of you where not meant to be.
Forget her and start a new life

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:08am On Jan 01, 2021
DIVORCE HER or she ends up killing you. . . Your choice

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by mariahAngel(f): 10:09am On Jan 01, 2021
Wahala wear kente!

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by kaydee(m): 10:12am On Jan 01, 2021
Sorry OP, you're very late already. It's too late to stop her. There's lil you can do bout this. How did you let things get this far though?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Sundrus: 10:15am On Jan 01, 2021
Him say na sexless marriage...why u stop to fucck ya wife na. Abi she lose her sex game

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Ahmed0336(m): 10:21am On Jan 01, 2021
My first comment on NL in 2021 shouldn't be on this thread. I wish you the best in whatever decision you end up taking.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by mployer(m): 10:23am On Jan 01, 2021
It seems you are the toxic person in the marriage.

Change your ways.

8 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by ahnie: 10:27am On Jan 01, 2021
has the world ended yet?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by daewoorazer(m): 10:41am On Jan 01, 2021
Suegbe re!!! Na suegbe o!!!

Fela said it

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Saintmary(f): 10:58am On Jan 01, 2021
I've read all your topics and I can tell you this,
She loves you, but with the way you and your family have treated her, she'll gladly fall in love with a monkey!
deleSayo:
I'm sure many of you have seen the previous threads about my turbulent marriage. Truth is I feel less shame discussing my marriage here as I'm anonymous.. so insults are welcome as no one here knows me personally..

So, my wife and I have had issues from the very beginning, from the lack of relationship between her and my family members, to her growing cold towards me, to me distancing myself from her etc..

Truth be told my marriage as reached breaking point on numerous occasions but this is the height of my pain as I sit here typing on Nairaland whilst others are busy celebrating the new year with their families.

My wife wished me a happy new year by informing me for the hundredth time that she has fallen out of love with me and is tired of our sexless marriage - only this time she also informs me that she recently reconnected with an old flame from uni (who happens to be from Ghana). They had always had a thing which never materialised as she refused to date him due to cultural differences (she couldnt marry someone that isn't Nigerian).

I recall her telling me shortly after our engagement that this particular 'friend ' cut off contact with her out of anger & frustration when she told him she has decided to marry me.

Now recently, this guy is back again in the picture and they've been talking. When I questioned her further, she admitted to my face that she is sexually attracted to him and the only thing stopping her from cheating is the fear of God.

I have every reason to end this marriage but things are so complicated. We have this strange connection I can't explain despite our marriage and sex life being in tatters - she's got such a magnetic character, kind, and wears her heart on her sleeve. If she has slept with that guy I would know for sure (that's how open she is). I actually grabbed her phone during the altercation this morning - read all her chats ..with him saying all the nasty things he would do to her, how he doesn't give a fucck about the dude she's married to (me) because he knew her before me, how he doesn't want to disrupt her home but wants to be there for her sexually and emotionally, he's accepted his fate bla bla.

11 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 01, 2021
I took my time to go through your previous threads, scrutinising them thoroughly and I arrived with these facts:

1) Your family hates your wife and disrespects her for no reason but you took no due action towards this even though you claimed to cherish her

2) She complained to you many times about your ineptitude and your unhygienic lifestyle but you likewise acted deaf to her voice

3) She also tried to bring your attention to your recent appalling look but you didn't bother

4) Your sex life reduced drastically perhaps due to fact 2

5) She endured all this from 2017 and now it's 2021

6) In your own words "she is a good woman"

With all this, I've every reason to say YOU'RE AT FAULT. Swallow your pride and patch things up with her or face whatever comes up

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Liposure: 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2021
mariahAngel:
Wahala wear kente!
with gele

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Karleb(m): 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2021
Why you no kuku kill yourself mey our guy take over?

Even me we no see chicken kill get stomach disturbance due to too much chicken.

Oga, call your friend/enemy go their side go chop chicken forget your sorrow.

Problem no dey finish!

Edit

Out of curiosity, a go check your previous threads.

If wetin you take your hand by yourself write for here dey true, then you be bad person and you no deserve your wife.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by addictiv(m): 1:03pm On Jan 01, 2021
Eyaa
Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Hintona(f): 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2021
I heard Ghanaian men treat their women well.

Just wish her happy married life. grin

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by cococandy(f): 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2021
The time you spend trolling ladies on NL could have been better spent loving on and defending your wife.

Wish you both good luck. Sincerely.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by bukatyne(f): 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2021
deleSayo:

Peeps have read previous threads and said you are the issue.

Well, you know the problem, fix it if you still want the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by bukatyne(f): 1:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
Hintona:
I heard Ghanaian men treat their women well.

Just wish her happy married life. grin

Is it not too early in the year to be mean? grin

Hahahahahaha!
Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by deleSayo(m): 1:48pm On Jan 01, 2021
cococandy:
The time you spend trolling ladies on NL could have been better spent loving on and defending your wife.

Trolled which ladies?

There is only one "lady" I have a problem with and that's because she childishly ridiculed my previous thread and tried to mock me for what I was (and still am ) going through in my marriage.

She's a mean-spirited bully and a well known troll on this forum - and from the looks of things, I'm not the only one who has insulted her on NL.

i'm here seeking advice and trying to be as transparent as I can - it's taken a lot of courage for me to put my business out here like this. warn your friend to act with sense and maybe she wouldn't get as much insults as she gets on this platform.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by mariahAngel(f): 1:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
Liposure:
with gele

Aso ebi tinz! grin
Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by deleSayo(m): 1:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
JustMichael:
I took my time to go through your previous posts, scrutinising them thoroughly and I arrived with these facts:

1) Your family hates your wife and disrespects her for no reason but you took no due action towards this even though you claimed to cherish her

2) She complained to you many times about your ineptitude and your unhygienic lifestyle but you likewise acted deaf to her voice

3) She also tried to bring your attention to your recent appalling look but you didn't bother

With all this, I've every reason to say YOU'RE AT FAULT. Swallow your pride and patch things up with her or face whatever comes up

Despite the insults and backlash I received from my last thread, I listened to all critics and improved my personal hygiene.
although, if I'm to be fair, losing the weight has been difficult. I've made a lot of changes that I expected her to appreciate. but she pays me back by flirting with an old fling?
Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2021
deleSayo:

Despite the insults and backlash I received from my last thread, I listened to all critics and improved my personal hygiene.
although, if I'm to be fair, losing the weight has been difficult. I've made a lot of changes that I expected her to appreciate. but she pays me back by flirting with an old fling?
Wish I could help Sir but I confuse pass you o. It is best you converse with her and try to come to a mutual understanding together. Please don't argue. Happy New Year

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by mariahAngel(f): 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2021
deleSayo:

The question is does she want to work things out with you?
Are you both still willing to make your union work?
Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by olatunbosun12362: 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2021
:I heard Ghanaian men treat their women well.Just wish her happy married life. Is it not too early in the year to be mean? Hahahahahaha!
Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by lummy247: 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2021
Cheating does not start the day she actually have sex with the man. The sexting is bad enough. It shows that the intentions exists already. All she needs is the right atmosphere for it,privacy. There is no use staying in a loveless marriage. You will keep hurting yourself. I'll advice you separate for a while and see if things get better.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by cococandy(f): 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2021
Am I my friend too? What’s your excuse for mine? And quite viciously too. As if I was the one that caused you problems.

Anyway all that trolling makes it hard to know what’s true and what’s not. But I chose to believe you.

As for advice I’d suggest counseling at this point. It has to take a respected third party to get both of you back to where you used to be.

Even if you’ve tried it before, give it another try. You say you guys share a bond and she’s very open. that means meaningful communication and resolution can still happen.

Worst case scenario is that nothing works and you guys have to part ways. You both can still have beautiful lives apart from each other. It will just be hard at first.

deleSayo:

Trolled which ladies?

There is only one "lady" I have a problem with and that's because she childishly ridiculed my previous thread and tried to mock me for what I was (and still am ) going through in my marriage.

She's a mean-spirited bully and a well known troll on this forum - and from the looks of things, I'm not the only one who has insulted her on NL.

i'm here seeking advice and trying to be as transparent as I can - it's taken a lot of courage for me to put my business out here like this. warn your friend to act with sense and maybe she wouldn't get as much insults as she gets on this platform.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
JustMichael:
I took my time to go through your previous posts, scrutinising them thoroughly and I arrived with these facts:

you obviously one of the few matured people on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Patriarchy001(m): 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2021
cococandy:
Am I my friend too? What’s your excuse for mine? And quite viciously too. As if I was the one that caused you problems.

Anyway all that trolling makes it hard to know what’s true and what’s not. But I chose to believe you.

As for advice I’d suggest counseling at this point. It has to take a respected third party to get both of you back to where you used to be.

Even if you’ve tried it before, give it another try. You say you guys share a bond and she’s very open. that means meaningful communication and resolution can still happen.

Worst case scenario is that nothing works and you guys have to part ways. You both can still have beautiful lives apart from each other. It will just be hard at first.

Good advice but you didn't have to make this about you.
I see a young man on the verge of depression here sad

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by Patriarchy001(m): 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2021
Burstscam:
Oga, you'll soon slide into acute depression. I think the most practical thing to do now is to separate temporarily. Both of you should stay apart till you start missing each other. See finish has crept in. But mind you, the outcome might be disastrous. She may end up cheating. Thereafter she may regret it and truly wants to make up with you. If that happens, you may enjoy a very long happy marriage afterwards. Or she may, after cheating, decides to move on.

Shits happen. I'm a realist so I give practical advice. But don't take my advice if you're fainthearted

Best advice so far.
Re: Marriage Palava part 4 by jimmychang: 4:37pm On Jan 01, 2021
cococandy:

Carry mouth like 2020 grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Wish Your Enemy To Cry When They Hear About Your Success? / I Look Down On Nigerian Men That Say Rice Is Their Best Food! / My Baby Girl Cry For A Sibling.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.