Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? (18440 Views)

Lady Slams Her Husband After She Paid For Their Food At An Eatery / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by bowdas(m): 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
Whattt @24 you are thinking of see finish how do you want to balance it will you notice them that you ain't gonna eat their food because you are man enough or because you need their respect comon they are your parent
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Nicklaus619(m): 8:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
SaveMeLord:
Ok so I'm writing this to ask whether some of you live with your parents but don't eat their food to avoid "see finish". You know how some parents mentality is they feel because they feed you they will disrespecting you and talking to you anyhow and sending you errands meant for 12 year olds.

I feel if I start from not eating their food and be getting my own food the disrespect will reduce until I finally leave them for good. What do you think? anyone has experience? BTW I'm 24

I left my parents house and started staying on my own at age 21, the truth is, you should start making plans to leave as soon as possible, as far as u are under their roof, you will be sent to run errands and other house runs, they are your parents an they still see u as their little baby, if you like be 100 years and still with them, the status quo no go change unless u change it by leaving

3 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Slurity(m): 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
So far you can be shameless to stay in the house, there is no point not eating thier food.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Emmadoc: 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2021
endsarrrs:
Some home there isnt even food to eat sef sad. The father drops 200 naira before leaving and the mother shares it 50 naira each to the children case close. . .poverty is real!

Damn to bad... But who's to be blamed for such wretchedness? The man of cause aye.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by jaymorgan(m): 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2021
Whether he's rich or she's poor, your child is still your child. No matter the age Gap between you and your child.
If they cook, I eat. If they don't, I don't ask.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Omezif(m): 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
I do not leave with my parent but any time i visited them i ate with them and my siblings, we cook well.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Elsueno: 8:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
SaveMeLord:
Ok so I'm writing this to ask whether some of you live with your parents but don't eat their food to avoid "see finish". You know how some parents mentality is they feel because they feed you they will disrespecting you and talking to you anyhow and sending you errands meant for 12 year olds.

I feel if I start from not eating their food and be getting my own food the disrespect will reduce until I finally leave them for good. What do you think? anyone has experience? BTW I'm 24

Young man, what do you mean by disrespect? People way don wash ur shyt and pee for several months you get mouth say them disrespect you.

Oga, if me & my parents dey same town, I WILL ALWAYS EAT THE THREE SQUARE MEALS AT my parents house. By the way, am older than you

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by THANDS619: 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
As a man, the best thing is leaving them to be on your own. once u are matured and you have a source of income, leave them. leaving them does not mean you do not love them, you can show them love by sending them money, paying some bills etc.....

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Munzy14(m): 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
mariahAngel:

You can actually make sense? Uh! Shocking!
Chai, cheesy
Buru okwute tu gbuo ya...
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Uniique(m): 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
After my service year, i moved down to Abuja to stay with my aunt and her husband. Initially, I had no intention to stay with them beyond a month but she fell ill, and she needed someone to attend to her business. So after much persuasion from my mom, I decided to stay back and help her take care of her business. Note, they don't have a child yet. To cut the long story short, they made arrangement to bring a cousin of mine from the village to help out with the business. Meanwhile, she sometimes talks to me and my cousin rudely, even in the presence of her customers but me mah i go just maintain when she begin her ranting. One day, i decided not to eat the food she cooked for that day, because i was tired of eating the same food everyday. So I took a flask went out to buy food from a restaurant, o boy come see talk. She said and i quote " so because I trusted you with my shop, and because I'm not always around to look after the shop, that why you have the guts to take money from there to buy food". Omo as she talk that 1 i no even wait make she land before i change am for her sharp sharp. I showed her my account balance make she no feel like say because i dey sit down everyday for her shop say I no get money on my own. From that day i stopped eating in the house, na from there she start to give me chance o.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Myer(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
SaveMeLord:

Lol this one touch me. Planning on moving out this year.
Though my parents are super cool but the see-finish factor cannot be denied.
I've always avoided staying alone cos living with my parents help mitigate some sexually disastrous risks.lol

Like someone said, as long as you're earning a living, try to find one or 2 bills you help with. That helps command some level of respect. If you can though, try to move out. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
I don't really know for others but I find it weird for a male child above 20 to be living with his parents. As for me I left my dad's house immediately I clocked 19.The man sef wasn't giving me space when I was staying in the family house; if babe come greet me for house na family meeting him go call for my head grin grin grin If I go out anything pass 8pm to buy recharge card na wahala. grin grin grin grin
OP just struggle, get your own place and move out of the house.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by mariahAngel(f): 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Munzy14:

Chai, cheesy
Buru okwute tu gbuo ya...

Ihe m merela ke mgbe! cheesy
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Lenient001: 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hello.. Actually, you are not the first guy I would heard this from.

I'am 21 still living with my parents and also eats their food. However, your parents are not mine as a character can never be the same.. But what could make me not to eat from my parents. In fact, I will always do till we parted way. Of course, if I don't see the happiest feeling of me eating with them in their eyes, I would definitely feels it in my faithful heart because I know they'll definitely feels happy by me eating with them.

Your reason is just a junk excuse, bro.
To cut to the chase.. I will love you to understand me more.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by kennyclassic: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
If you don’t have any means of income or a job sustaining you financially you shouldn’t be thinking of see finish in your parents house. A good parent would understand the stage of life their child is. So you better eat that food, run that errand and keep working for yourself till you get to the stage that you can stand on your own. Don’t let social media deceive you and don’t be pressurized cause your mates are already living on their own.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Oovi5(f): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
Op,your case is good na at least it's you that choose not to eat the food...
My own dad and his wife(step mum) doesn't look at my face not to talk of giving me food even though I'm the only one that stays with them
I feed myself in my father's house,we cook separately...
I'm the last child for my dad and i clocked 24 in December

3 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Clothingonline9(m): 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2021
Simple truth nobody is telling you here is ur parent will keep treating you like a child till u start leaving alone me a man
At 23 I was left home with 8k
2yrs things change make bold step leave home
Now I have Luxury home building my house and I own a boutique and logistics

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
SaveMeLord:

No food for Lazy Man.... But if you work and contribute to the table, see finish no go enter as a matter of fact, your parents will give a standing order for your food to be presented as you return from work.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Dagenius53: 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
With my own experience, I think the best you can do is to eat once in a while and never beg or ask them for money, when you don't beg for anything they will give you the respect you deserve and that doesn't mean they won't give you those things themselves when they feel is right for them to give you.

My parents are awesome!!!
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Mynky: 9:03pm On Jan 02, 2021
Draslo:
That would be rude. Instead, man up and buy food stuff, provisions and toiletries when you can. They would respect you and you would keep your mental health in check because nobody can mentally frustrate you worse than your parents.
you are correct,but you may not have to buy when they expect you to buy,that may trigger another bout of argument if not checked.
If you don't eat their food,it is another sign of disloyalty
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by mrksquare: 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2021
To be candid is not possible. I live in one of the two bedroom flats in my dad's compound. I cook on my own. For the past 7years I started cooking on my own. But there are occasions my mum freely gives me food. Like during festive period, she always ensures that she send food across to me. Then some time, she shows concern by inquiry from me if I have eaten.

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Caseywilliams(m): 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
SaveMeLord:

I can take care of myself though I'm stil a student but each time I refuse to come back to the family house after Anthe close of the semester mumsy no go agree me rest, it all depends though the kind of parents most people have....you see that motherly or fatherly love it is very exceptional. we might have arguments, say alot of things but it won't stil make me not to accept the fact that they are my parents.

just contribute with ur little Quater to the family's growth and all will be well.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2021
Noblewealth:
I stay with my parents and I don't eat their food and also pay the nepa bill and other miscellaneous bills when it arise..
I don't see it as a big deal but making them know I'm matured enough to take of my self without them.. All am planning for now is my own apartment...

Nice One. Make sure you take your time, save very well and do your due diligence before attempting to part ways with them. This Is exactly how I lived with my parents too before moving out. I started taking care of myself "Financially, Feeding, Academically, Clothing, Bills" at the age of 13years under their roof. I don't know where you reside because "House Rent" Is not smiling here In Lagos......

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Enyeazu(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
Just place your parent on monthly atleast that will reduce see finish
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Ayemileto(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
SaveMeLord:

I'm guessing the kind of "12 year old errands" they're sending you is to go and grind pepper, or do similar stuffs.

If you start preparing your own meal, won't you do them for yourself?

If you move out of the apartment, won't you still do them for yourself?

Also, if you can't run the "12 year old" errands, who will run them? Your Mum or Dad?

Well, eating your own food won't stop them from sending you "12 year old" errands. If you don't want to run errands for them again, then move out.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Munzy14(m): 9:18pm On Jan 02, 2021
mariahAngel:

Ihe m merela ke mgbe! cheesy
Lol....ooo were ya nwaayoo.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2021
mrksquare:
To be candid is not possible. I live in one of the two bedroom flats in my dad's compound. I cook on my own. For the past 7years I started cooking on my own. But there are occasions my mum freely gives me food. Like during festive period, she always ensures that she send food across to me. Then some time, she shows concern by inquiry from me if I have eaten.

Speak for yourself please. I personally experienced this stuff under my parents roof. Always speak for yourself alone and what you know about yourself. You never Jam Sadistic and Evil Parents. Things are happening. I've been doing everything myself for the past 17years....
PS:I notice this kinda stuff usually happen In a large family and Women who birth too many children. Always give thanks to God If you are lucky enough to have a "Loving, Caring, Financially Buoyant Parents" In Nigeria. A lot of Youths had It very rough and tough during their youthful days.....

6 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by BarrElChapo(m): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
Kingscee:
Guys my Infinix Hot 8 just pop up this alert to my phone and I don't want to update anything that'll brick my phone, please should I ignore this alert or should i go ahead and do the update?

No worries at all. It's an OS (Operating System) update. It can't brick your phone even if you ignore. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Airjanlash21: 9:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
Realistically, Its possible, but i rather leave the house, than doing such. #mindset
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by mariahAngel(f): 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol....ooo were ya nwaayoo.

O ma ha ga ekwe nu nti...
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by ubola: 10:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
If you can feed yourself then do well to rent an apartment. As my child I'll only stop sending you on errands if you are feeding the entire household. Feeding only yourself in my house will attract more disgusting errands especially when your friends are around and you are forming one big boy paranoiyingly. Go rent house before feeding yourself else one day I'll send your sisters to capture the noodles you are making for your babe, na so fight go take start.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Money Change People? / ‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.