Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? (18447 Views)

Lady Slams Her Husband After She Paid For Their Food At An Eatery / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by IamHeWrites: 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
Definitely!

Currently doing that
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by joviegghead: 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
Absolutely!

I'm at that level.

Planning to get an apartment sef. After youth service this year tho.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Exc2000: 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
cool

Get a camp gas

Buy your own food stuff and politely reject their food

You are slowly maturing soon you will leave and get a place of your own

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by onoms4luv(m): 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
No never

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by ipobarethieves: 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2021
sad As long as u provide for dat food
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by nnadychuks(m): 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2021
Poor home training... very bad to think you’re too old to eat your parents food

2 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Noblewealth(m): 7:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
I stay with my parents and I don't eat their food and also pay the nepa bill and other miscellaneous bills when it arise..
I don't see it as a big deal but making them know I'm matured enough to take of my self without them.. All am planning for now is my own apartment...

3 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by kennethfranc(m): 7:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
Personally its not a wise idea.
U can limit the food wahala to eating morning & night only if ur pocket permits

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Karleb(m): 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
Righteousness2:
Brother , don't leave ur Parents house because of See finish! Leave because something tangible is out there for u.

Of Course You can live in your Parents house and Feed yourself..

Even though your comments annoy me most times, this particular one is on point.

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Santinojr: 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
Yes I don’t eat every meal they prepare at home which is for the whole family. I buy whatever I want to eat at that moment, still run errands, and support the family financially in the best ways possible.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Brokensoul: 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2021
don’t try it bruh.

nigerian parent are bloody dictators, by not eating their food will only spark more hatred towards you.

The best you can do is contribute to food stuff and bills, that way u will earn small respect grin than not eating their food.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by donprinyo(m): 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2021
Never live in your parents house as a man no matter what. Thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by alwaysonnet: 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2021
It's difficult to live with your parent? You need to grow up. I don't know if you are a girl or boy. How will will live with your partner if it's hard to live with people that give birth to you. If you want to prove you are big why not do something at home take a responsibility

4 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Lexusgs430: 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2021
SaveMeLord:
Ok so I'm writing this to ask whether some of you live with your parents but don't eat their food to avoid "see finish". You know how some parents mentality is they feel because they feed you they will disrespecting you and talking to you anyhow and sending you errands meant for 12 year olds.

I feel if I start from not eating their food and be getting my own food the disrespect will reduce until I finally leave them for good. What do you think? anyone has experience? BTW I'm 24

Their house you are living nko........ grin

If you no want see finish....... Kúkú pack out jejely.......
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Triquetra: 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2021
Since you know you have the money to feed yourself just because you want respect, why can't you put the effort of waiting for your parents to respect you by not eating their food into taking up some of the responsibilities in the house like paying for the powers and water bills, filling the gas and getting some toiletries and groceries, in this manner, you will earn the respect you are looking for and you will be repaying them the favor they have done to you while growing up...

And please do not disrespect them in any of this way just because you are balling....Remember,tables do turn.

[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by debbydams(f): 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
SaveMeLord:
Ok so I'm writing this to ask whether some of you live with your parents but don't eat their food to avoid "see finish". You know how some parents mentality is they feel because they feed you they will disrespecting you and talking to you anyhow and sending you errands meant for 12 year olds.

I feel if I start from not eating their food and be getting my own food the disrespect will reduce until I finally leave them for good. What do you think? anyone has experience? BTW I'm 24
u can't stay with them nd stop eating. Double your hustle nd get your own apartment pls

2 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by AuwalYusuf812(m): 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2021
Impossible.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by MMXX: 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Because of disrespect from your own parents you want to leave House cheesy
Why don't you start by assisting them in even the very little you can afford.Do meagre stuff around the house without being asked.Once in awhile give your mom money to prepare you a nice meal.

Don't leave them with the whole burden, nobody will disrespect you unless you're reckless and disrespect yourself

2 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Yankee101: 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
That's disrespectful

If you feel you're a man go on and get your place

3 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Tina178: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
[quote author=poshestmina post=97647050]Lol .
Take up a responsibility instead.

If you have enough money ,drop anything you can afford at the end of the month or better still if you can drop /buy raw foodstuffs say when you get your salary or so .

I have placed my parents on monthly payments even before I got married.
5k each every month ,I got a job and made it 20k each every month since about 7 years now, if I don't have 5,7,10 EVERY month. Now including my Mother in law.

If they don't receive alerts or " hear from me", they'll be the ones asking if I'm fine or if I need help especially my dad grin... Just make sure they know you know you are thinking of them.

Modified: If you have money to eat out ,why not gather it and give to your mom or sisters?

You said well.... God bless you
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Dollanaira: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2021
Oh
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Scarrr: 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
Orishirishi
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Delebams: 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
So u are still in your mid 20s and u re feeling pompous cos your parents are sending you message,wait ooo if dem nor send u d message shay na another person pikin dem go send

Oga as long as u re still under there roof u must abide by whatever they say or tell u to do

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Lastmankc(m): 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
Immediately I graduated from the university at the age of 24yrs, I leave my parents house because E get why?
I pity most female children that stays in their parents house after NYSC.For more than 10yrs now,I have make sure that I do drop at least 15k in their account every month because E get why

5 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
SaveMeLord:

If you really want to show them you're grown start by picking up scheduled bills such as electricity, buy foodstuff and stock up the pantry once in a while

They've been feeding you for 24 years, if you stop eating their food now it means nothing to them, kid.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by naijacovid(m): 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
I suffer no be small before I finally got a Job which made me leave my state to stay on my own. My papa go lock door by 9pm. Sometimes after coming back from campions league match we go sleep for class room because my papa na teacher so we de stay inside school compund and Mosquito go show us shege. But finally I still love him because of the way he trianed us. I love my parents

3 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by blessed2share: 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
SaveMeLord:

This is a big problem in the world today. You have not come out to tell us of the specific excesses of your parent. You are just assuming and you are already preparing to be defensive and to carry your weight alone.

Try to be a good member of any society (home/office/church/community) that gives more that he takes from the system and you will see that this problem will disappear or at least it will no longer be as big as it sounds right now.

When I was in 300L/400L, I had no native wears so I usually run home to my father's wardrobe to borrow native wears when I had to go for weddings or similar functions. The thing is that I will always give the clothe to the laundry man before I return it to daddy's wardrobe. And this happens whether I picked the native from the laundry basket or from his wardrobe. I didn't know that daddy was impressed until my brother borrowed his shoes and refused to return it.

Try these:
If you don't have a car and you have to borrow you papa car, make sure you refill the gas tank. You will be surprised that they will beg you to take the car every time you want to go out. Take the car to the car wash once in a while if you're too big to wash it yourself.

Go to the kitchen once in a while to gist with your mummy and do things without being asked. If possible, initiate and sponsor some special meals once in a while if you can afford it.

Drive your mummy to the market or just follow her even if you people have to take public transport. You will be shocked at what you will hear from her.

Where are your younger ones? "Bribe" them, and your house-helps if you have them, (in cash and kind) before the need for it arises. Your gift will make a way for you at some point.

If you stay in your room alone, make sure that taking care of that room is your responsibility and that your being around does not burden anyone (even if you people have house maids). Now this depends on how you people are brought up.

Every once in a while, take care of some responsibilities in the house - rent, bills, maintenance, etc. Even if there are no opportunities for these, look for what you can do to "pay rent" in kind. This applies to anywhere you find yourself.

Even though you are staying with your people, treat them as well as you would love to be treated, don't take them for granted but don't forget that you are their son.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Naijaarchive(m): 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2021
If you want respect just take on some responsibility at home... Either paying house bills or adding to groceries expenses... Mind you... You shouldn't be worried about running errands for your parents... Your responsibility will determine the kind of errands they send you grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by mechanics(m): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
chii8:
Other than that, take the responsibility of doing one thing in the house, filling out the gas or paying Nepa bills or water bill or buying provision whenever it finishes....
Sure.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by mechanics(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2021
That's if you are comfortable with it, not all men will want to eat the same food being cooked, and if you are eating from your parents food, you can assist in one area or the other so you won't be a liability to them.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by hopexter(m): 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
That's life. It shows it's time to get off their nest, that's the last option for parents to an independent and lazy Adult child who's scared to stand on his two feet. In a case like this, you make sure by all means, you do the food shopping, stock the house with food. They cook, you eat and sleep in their yard. It's as simple as that, if you eat and live for free, you should find corner and give yourself 25 strokes of the Cane grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study / / Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.