Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? (18450 Views)

Lady Slams Her Husband After She Paid For Their Food At An Eatery / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by JenniferEkubo(f): 7:19am On Jan 03, 2021
Kingscee:
Guys my Infinix Hot 8 just pop up this alert to my phone and I don't want to update anything that'll brick my phone, please should I ignore this alert or should i go ahead and do the update?
yeah update it, so far your phone isnt rooted dear
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 03, 2021
JenniferEkubo:
yeah update it, so far your phone isnt rooted dear
Thanks
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Keketu(m): 8:01am On Jan 03, 2021
Mhizkel:

For what reasons? undecided
hi I can't help it your lip sad
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by mekuso89(m): 8:24am On Jan 03, 2021
IamD18:
The truth is; If you stop eating their food and maintain your lane, they'll actually get triggered, annoyed and confused. They'll see no reason to feel they are doing much for you, which will surely make them reduce they way they disrespect you.

Just pipe low, go out, come back, return to your lane, support them the way you can, reduce your familiarity and jokes, talk less and act like you give less fvck. They'll actually seat up and make some adjustments.

Not eating in a house you are being accommodated in is a very underrated way of gaining your respect and avoiding "See finish".
That's not fair man you can't be with your parents and be given them such attitudes.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by lincsnuel: 8:37am On Jan 03, 2021
Kingscee:
Guys my Infinix Hot 8 just pop up this alert to my phone and I don't want to update anything that'll brick my phone, please should I ignore this alert or should i go ahead and do the update?

If you rooted your phone, don't update.
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Mhizkel(f): 9:01am On Jan 03, 2021
Keketu:
hi I can't help it your lip sad

cheesy
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Came4apost(m): 9:42am On Jan 03, 2021
SaveMeLord:
Ok so I'm writing this to ask whether some of you live with your parents but don't eat their food to avoid "see finish". You know how some parents mentality is they feel because they feed you they will disrespecting you and talking to you anyhow and sending you errands meant for 12 year olds.

I feel if I start from not eating their food and be getting my own food the disrespect will reduce until I finally leave them for good. What do you think? anyone has experience? BTW I'm 24

Just leave the house .. if u r up to the task
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Munzy14(m): 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
mariahAngel:

Of course, I let go of most cases...you have no idea.
When threads I comment on hit front-page, I do get lots and lots and lots of mentions, both positive and negative. (My comments can be quite controversial and not everyone will agree or disagree with me)
I ignore most, answer some, and laugh over others...
All in all, it has shaped me to the person that I am now...a person who stands for what she believes in without fear of attacks and criticism. I'm also not a people pleaser, even though I joke a lot.

I fight when I need to fight for myself (especially for my honour and reputation) I let go when it's not necessary.

Interesting in "big brother's voice"...cheesy
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Kyngfarabale1(m): 1:10pm On Jan 03, 2021
those people always saying if u r grown up... u shouldn't be staying with ur parents.. I bliv dey have bad parent.... my parents will b happy u r staying with dem till u can b able to build or buy a land of urz.... running out of d house bcoz u want to feel among with ur friends or bcoz of babes.... if things no work out 4 u las Las.... na dat same people go insult ur life..... I'm working and still staying with my parents in my own mini self contain.... bcoz my father house big sha.... 4 bedroom flat with some rooms having their own toilet and kitchen e. g mine and dat of my younger brother..... I'm planning on going for my PGDE soon this year and I'll b spending nothing less than 150k from my pocket..... my parents don't frustrate their children only if u frustrate ursef nikan.....my dad even gv his children 5k monthly for dash willingly......i love my parents and I'll make sure I do same 4 my children.....amen....
I don't eat or do anything with my parents only if dey need my attention
after work na my room direct till I wan comot 4 evening again
I still attend to any errands push to me from dem.... learn to live with ur parents bcoz u will learn alot b4 u set out to d real life wen u marry.....thanks
MY OWN OPINION

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Matthew2925(m): 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2021
You are getting it wrong. Parents will always act like parents anywhere in the world. Them sending you on errands has nothing to do with eating or not eating their food. It's just a sign of love. Sometimes my mum doesn't mind not eating anything just for me to get something to eat. It's all love Bro. If you want them to respect you more, you could start by dropping some childish behaviours you are still into.

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2021
Mindlog:
Buying your own foodstuffs and cooking it in their kitchen?

Which kind wickedness be that na....
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Mindlog: 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2021
iamloyalty:

Which kind wickedness be that na....
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Keketu(m): 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
Mhizkel:

cheesy
please help sad
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by mariahAngel(f): 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2021
Munzy14:

Interesting in "big brother's voice"...cheesy

Big brother freak! grin
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Munzy14(m): 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2021
[b][/b]C
mariahAngel:

Big brother freak! grin
Hahahahahaha....
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Mhizkel(f): 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
Keketu:
please help sad
How can I be of help?�
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Lamanii22(f): 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2021
Kestolove:
I can't stop eating my parents food, not because I can't feed myself, I can't stop going errands for my parents even if am d president of nigeria...

Same here oo.... If my mom says, go and grind this pepper for me omo off will I go... No matter my status...
Re: Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? by Basiljoe: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2021
Yes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study / / There Is No Need For DNA Test, There Is Love In My Family - Woman Says (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.