Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Nigerians At Ukraine - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians At Ukraine (237535 Views)

Discrimination And Exploitation Of Nigerians At The Polish Embassy, Abuja / Why Do Nigerians At Home Always Beg Nigerians Abroad? / What Is Happening In Nigeria? (For Nigerians At Home Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (129) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Damilak12: 6:25pm On Dec 20, 2021
To that guy saying Ukriane is dead end what can you say about your own country and compare it to Ukriane you are just saying rubbish ….Ukriane is cheap and you can easily start your life easily those American ,Uk , Canada you are talking about lot of them are in Ukriane doing one thing or the other it’s only you people in African countries that are always condemning countries na them Bleep up for givinguna visa
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by justwise(m): 10:13pm On Dec 20, 2021
Damilak12:
To that guy saying Ukriane is dead end what can you say about your own country and compare it to Ukriane you are just saying rubbish ….Ukriane is cheap and you can easily start your life easily those American ,Uk , Canada you are talking about lot of them are in Ukriane doing one thing or the other it’s only you people in African countries that are always condemning countries na them Bleep up for givinguna visa

I know some of you are trying so hard to avoid the truth, i will say it again, Ukraine has nothing to offer immigrants, Its a dead-end country for immigrants, paying agents silly amount just to get Ukrainian visa is just madness. Traveling to Eastern Europeans countries will be a lot better.

If you are leaving Nigeria to any country you have to make sure that that country worth it(immigration wise), straightforward path to get permanent resident or passport, getting a job( not those scamming call centre jobs) etc.

A lot of you here are agents who are desperately looking for gullible Nigerians to rip-off.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Damilak12: 7:18am On Dec 21, 2021
If you don suffer for Ukriane no be everybody dy suffer here and nobody ask you to do call center you can make it anywhere ….

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Chybyke1992: 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2021
Damilak12:
If you don suffer for Ukriane no be everybody dy suffer here and nobody ask you to do call center you can make it anywhere ….

Baba come Kiev abeg make I buy you drink abeg!!����

GRACE DIFFERS!!!!!
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by MHElijah: 6:20am On Dec 22, 2021
justwise:

I know some of you are trying so hard to avoid the truth, i will say it again, Ukraine has nothing to offer immigrants, Its a dead-end country for immigrants, paying agents silly amount just to get Ukrainian visa is just madness. Traveling to Eastern Europeans countries will be a lot better.

If you are leaving Nigeria to any country you have to make sure that that country worth it(immigration wise), straightforward path to get permanent resident or passport, getting a job( not those scamming call centre jobs) etc.

A lot of you here are agents who are desperately looking for gullible Nigerians to rip-off.

You have made your point please stop stressing it. People survive in Ukraine and the truth is that the country is better than Nigeria in a reasonable percentage.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by justwise(m): 10:52am On Dec 22, 2021
MHElijah:

You have made your point please stop stressing it. People survive in Ukraine and the truth is that the country is better than Nigeria in a reasonable percentage.

I’m not comparing Ukraine to Nigeria, whether Ukraine is better than Nigeria is a completely different issue.

My point is.. don’t just waste money leaving Nigeria to a country that has little or nothing to offer you. Nobody leaves Nigeria because of good road and steady power supply, you can get that in Abuja and many other cities in Nigeria, you leave to a country that offers you a better chance in life, earn decent living without doing illegal jobs, friendly immigration policies etc

Ukraine will not even allow foreign students to work legally. Many Nigerians living there are desperate to move to another country.

Lastly I think it’s madness to pay $$$$$ for so called visa guarantee even when you are not sure of getting that visa .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Maize621: 11:29am On Dec 22, 2021
You may be right However Ukraine can be a starting point for anyone, discouraging others because of your experience or because of what you have read is totally disobligin, 2020 I could recall seeking for info on how to migrate to Poland through study route and I almost got discourage here on nairaland because of negative comments, I kept my head up and kept pushing today I’m in Poland, schooling and also working although it was not easy but trust me the struggle was worth it

Any one who intend to migrate to Ukrainian, keep pushing and be hopeful, if anybody tell you say abroad easy na set up

justwise:

I’m not comparing Ukraine to Nigeria, whether Ukraine is better than Nigeria is a completely different issue.

My point is.. don’t just waste money leaving Nigeria to a country that has little or nothing to offer you. Nobody leaves Nigeria because of good road and steady power supply, you can get that in Abuja and many other cities in Nigeria, you leave to a country that offers you a better chance in life, earn decent living without doing illegal jobs, friendly immigration policies etc

Ukraine will not even allow foreign students to work legally. Many Nigerians living there are desperate to move to another country.

Lastly I think it’s madness to pay $$$$$ for so called visa guarantee even when you are not sure of getting that visa .

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Energygod: 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
justwise:

You are not my favourite person justwise but when it’s time to call a spade a spade I would. Truth be told a lot of these guys you are arguing with probably are living in denial it’s a stage which I understand because I’ve lived in Ukraine myself. They know you’re saying the truth but they choose to deny it. Ukraine really has nothing to offer other than the easier path of moving to better countries. Their PR is useless as far as I’m concerned ( you stupid agents and yahoo boys pls don’t even try and quote me I’ll not even give you a reply cus I’m tired of y’all).
Any meaningful young man or woman wanting a better future for themselves wouldn’t stay in Ukraine. I’m not just talking from hearsay I’ve lived and seen Ukraine from every perspective I still have friends there that are packing their bags now to move to other counties because all Ukraine does is rob you of everything you have. The matter long Abeg short and long of it is have a plan and whatever that plan is it should not include you spending the rest of your days in Ukraine. If you choose to na your papa business me I don talk my own. All man with Wetin dey worry me. Ciao.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Janet200: 11:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
Anyone with steps on how to legalize documents at the Ukrainian embassy
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by SAMWISE94: 12:07am On Dec 26, 2021
@Energygod
But you only spent 6 months in Ukraine now. So in just 6 months you have known everything about Ukraine? What i see from your comment is total comparison. Just because you are now in Germany. Ofcourse Germany is far better. Everyone knows that. But our journeys in life are different. Some foreigners are doing well in the poorest countries in the world. Some of us in Ukraine will move to other countries after sometime. While some will remain. Life is in stages. Everyone cannot copy you. Please you guys should kindly just reduce your absolute discouraging statements. In the same Germany that you are there some foreigners are finding life very difficult. Life no balance o.
Energygod:

You are not my favourite person justwise but when it’s time to call a spade a spade I would. Truth be told a lot of these guys you are arguing with probably are living in denial it’s a stage which I understand because I’ve lived in Ukraine myself. They know you’re saying the truth but they choose to deny it. Ukraine really has nothing to offer other than the easier path of moving to better countries. Their PR is useless as far as I’m concerned ( you stupid agents and yahoo boys pls don’t even try and quote me I’ll not even give you a reply cus I’m tired of y’all).
Any meaningful young man or woman wanting a better future for themselves wouldn’t stay in Ukraine. I’m not just talking from hearsay I’ve lived and seen Ukraine from every perspective I still have friends there that are packing their bags now to move to other counties because all Ukraine does is rob you of everything you have. The matter long Abeg short and long of it is have a plan and whatever that plan is it should not include you spending the rest of your days in Ukraine. If you choose to na your papa business me I don talk my own. All man with Wetin dey worry me. Ciao.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by idpompe: 8:44am On Dec 27, 2021
Dear Folks,can a student do a mini business while studying in Ukraine?Someone is an auto electrician and a skilled locksmith and wants to know if there is any regulation that restricts him from owning a workshop while doing his master's or better still can he get employed easily with this skill.Thanks in advance for your responses.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by GeepyEnsemble(m): 3:11pm On Dec 27, 2021
justwise:

Ghana, South African, Morocco, Namibia, and many African countries offer you all that but you never bribe an agent to get a visa to those countries.

Even the UK or US you don't pay anything close to that for visa.

Then why didnt you go to these countries? @Justwise. You just want cheap publicity thats all I can see.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by GeepyEnsemble(m): 3:18pm On Dec 27, 2021
God bless you for this @Samwise. If you want to hustle don't come to Ukraine, if your parents are ready to pay your tuition till you graduate, you can come to Ukraine, If you have skills, you can combine with while studying you fine to come to Ukraine, as a student there is hostel for you to live in, you dont need an apartment. In UK you work and study yet it can't cover your tuition and bills.
SAMWISE94:
My last addition to the discussion so far is when thinking of getting out of Nigeria, Ukraine should not be your first choice.

Many of us that got Ukraine visas never started with applying to Ukraine. Na condition make crayfish back bend. Peace! One love!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by justwise(m): 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2021
GeepyEnsemble:

This guy called Justwise seems to be mentally unbalance. How do you complain about what you dont knw 100% how it works? Show us your ukraine visa. Or hence forth stop making comments about Ukraine visa.

Take a break from here, debate me on this when you are mature.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by justwise(m): 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2021
GeepyEnsemble:
Then why didnt you go to these countries? @Justwise. You just want cheap publicity thats all I can see.

You don’t know jack about me so it’s pointless engaging you.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2021
SAMWISE94:
Who says Ukraine doesn't have anything to offer me? Quality education, good transport system, uninterrupted power, good health system....to name a few. You think it's everyone that wants to cross to other European countries? Some person are comfortable here.

Education in Ukraine is comparable to Nigeria. South Africa, Egypt, Poland etc have FAR better education system than Ukraine.

Health system in Ukraine is very terrible. There is a wide spread decay and stinking corruption. Their Doctors and other healthcare workers earn peanuts and are leaving in droves. Heck, Doctors there earn less than 300 dollars per month.

As for transport and power supply yes, you're right. Unlike Nigeria, Ukraine gets some things right at least. But Ukraine is only for studying and gaining travel experience. They won't even employ international students that schooled there. I wouldn't advise anyone who has plans to travel to Ukraine with the hope of getting a job or staying back to go ahead. There are better places please. Ukraine is for studies and getting travel experience.

modified.

Some links.

https://www.equaltimes.org/ukraine-s-healthcare-system-is-in#.YcoJiR4o-Nw

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/ukraines-healthcare-system-is-in-critical-condition-again/

I did some serious research about studying and working in Ukraine. I beg you all, If you want to research on the true state of things, be observant about your sources. Google search, YouTube videos, etc are dominated by agent websites, affiliates and influencers. They will tell you anything just to get your money. If you need true info you'll have to be more meticulous.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2021
SAMWISE94:
Who is at Uzhhorod National university? I am coming over soon.

check out this link to compare the rankings of the university you intend to study in with some universities in Nigeria.

https://edurank.org/uni-search?s=Uzhhorod+National+university

https://edurank.org/uni-search?s=Lagos+state+University+

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2021
justwise:

You're speaking the hard truth. I did some proper research while I was considering Ukraine. I found that their is nothing much their. There are better countries that are still cheap. But people will keep believing what they wish to believe.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Palmstudy: 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
Jossy4love:

The process is the same as B.sc. I will recommend some good Engineering school here, National University of Radio Electronics, Kharkiv. Is good. The first thing you need is an Iv. IV is not costly.if you have someone that can help you to do it, is cool. I can help you if you want, all is required is your passports and credentials. Iv takes only one working day to come out. Then sending the documents via DHl cost around 2579 uah, about 96 dollars app.$100. It will take 3 working days for dhl to deliver to Nigeria. Then you get all your documents ready, pay for visa express, pay for visa fee around 95k(naira). Go for interview. Visa processing takes 10 working days to be out. Book your flight. Your agent or school will get a pick up letter for you.and you are in Ukraine. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Interesting. Can one get job here before moving
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by SAMWISE94: 9:07am On Dec 28, 2021
@zeemahn, I don't think you understand anything about university rankings or what factors do they consider. Unilag is ranked 1730 in the world while Hft Stuttgart (University of applied sciences Stuttgart in Germany) is ranked 3230 in the world. I have experienced learning in both universities. And i can tell you for a fact that Hft was far better. And i was only an online student at Hft Stuttgart. Why is Unilag ranked higher than Hft Stuttgart? Unilag covers far more courses, more departments and more faculties than Hft Stuttgart. Unilag will always have more points required to calculate the rankings. Another factor is the population of people that apply to these different universities yearly. You can not compare the numbers of people that apply yearly at Uzhhorod National university to that of Lasu. Ofcourse, Lasu has more applicants yearly. The numbers of Professors, the population of the school. etc just to mention a few. There are many other things involved in ranking consideration that you don't even know about. Lasu that ASUU strike and all kind of internal university problems will not allow you finish your program at the normal time. Abeg, Lasu na trash. End of story
zeemahn:

check out this link to compare the rankings of the university you intend to study in with some universities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
SAMWISE94:
@zeemahn, I don't think you understand anything about university rankings or what factors do they consider. Unilag is ranked 1730 in the world while Hft Stuttgart (University of applied sciences Stuttgart in Germany) is ranked 3230 in the world. I have experienced learning in both universities. And i can tell you for a fact that Hft was far better. And i was only an online student at Hft Stuttgart. Why is Unilag ranked higher than Hft Stuttgart? Unilag covers far more courses, more departments and more faculties than Hft Stuttgart. Unilag will always have more points required to calculate the rankings. Another factor is the population of people that apply to these different universities yearly. You can not compare the numbers of people that apply yearly at Uzhhorod National university to that of Lasu. Ofcourse, Lasu has more applicants yearly. The numbers of Professors, the population of the school. etc just to mention a few. There are many other things involved in ranking consideration that you don't even know about. Lasu that ASUU strike and all kind of internal university problems will not allow you finish your program at the normal time. Abeg, Lasu na trash. End of story

I don't know what you mean by your first sentence but from your subsequent points, it's clear that you are the one who lacks proper understanding about uni rankings. Output and quality of research are the major criteria used during rankings. Those other metrics you listed carry little weight. Normally, large unis should be expected to have better ranking than small unis not because they offer more courses or have more faculties or get more applicants as you stated, but because they are expected to be more prolific with the production of quality research. However, this is usually not the case. On this note, many small unis are ranked better than very large unis.

Example 1

National Advanced school of Engineering, France
Enrolment: 5,512
publications: 6,705
citations: 146,453

vs

Uzhhorod National University
Enrollment: 12,500
publications: 1,134
citations: 4,216

Example 2

Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Enrolment: 1,500
publications: 12,652
citations: 409,589

vs

Lviv Polytechnic National University
Enrolment: 31,973
publications: 5,277
citations: 19,820

I could go on and on!

From the examples above, can you still boast of having superior knowledge about how universities are ranked? Number and quality of research has a good correlation to quality of education. Those who based the ranking criteria majorly on quality and number of research are not stupid.

I suggest that you do more meticulous research especially about the ranking of the uni wrt the field you intend to study, alumni of the university you intend to attend and the reputation of the uni and the degree they award. Try to know the impact the alumni made or are making on their particular fields of study. YouTube has people who did some honest assessment or comparisons.

My best regards bruh. Please don't see it as if I am trying to antagonise you o. There are somethings many people wish they were told before making some big decisions. In the end one can either be right or wrong.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by SAMWISE94: 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2021
@zeemahn
But wait first, Who told you i am going to complete my studies in Uzhhorod National university? Why are you advising me like you know my plans? I am only just undergoing Preparatory department (language course) here. I have my reasons for choosing Uzhhorod (low budget) before i got my visa. Please, reduce your assumptions.
zeemahn:

I don't know what you mean by your first sentence but from your subsequent points, it's clear that you are the one who lacks proper understanding about uni rankings. Output and quality of research are the major criteria used during rankings. Those other metrics you listed carry little weight. Normally, large unis should be expected to have better ranking than small unis not because they offer more courses or have more faculties or get more applicants as you stated, but because they are expected to be more prolific with the production of quality research. However, this is usually not the case. On this note, many small unis are ranked better than very large unis.

Example 1

National Advanced school of Engineering, France
Enrolment: 5,512
publications: 6,705
citations: 146,453

vs

Uzhhorod National University
Enrollment: 12,500
publications: 1,134
citations: 4,216

Example 2

Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Enrolment: 1,500
publications: 12,652
citations: 409,589

vs

Lviv Polytechnic National University
Enrolment: 31,973
publications: 5,277
citations: 19,820

I could go on and on!

From the examples above, can you still boast of having superior knowledge about how universities are ranked? Number and quality of research has a good correlation to quality of education. Those who based the ranking criteria majorly on quality and number of research are not stupid.

I suggest that you do more meticulous research especially about the ranking of the uni wrt the field you intend to study, alumni of the university you intend to attend and the reputation of the uni and the degree they award. Try to know the impact the alumni made or are making on their particular fields of study. YouTube has people who did some honest assessment or comparisons.

My best regards bruh. Please don't see it as if I am trying to antagonise you o. There are somethings many people wish they were told before making some big decisions. In the end one can either be right or wrong.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by SAMWISE94: 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
@zeemahn
See, there are very good constructive way of talking to people without making them feel like they have made a terrible decision. What will you gain by rubbishing and condemning a decision that had already been taken? Fine, you can advise constructively. For example you could have commented on my post and said "Hello samwise94, why did you choose Uzhhorod? I would advise you move to a better university" SIMPLE!
I will respect your comment and i will want to listen to everything else you have to say.

zeemahn:

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 28, 2021
SAMWISE94:
@zeemahn
But wait first, Who told you i am going to complete my studies in Uzhhorod National university? Why are you advising me like you know my plans? I am only just undergoing Preparatory department (language course) here. I have my reasons for choosing Uzhhorod (low budget) before i got my visa. Please, reduce your assumptions.

Alright.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2021
SAMWISE94:
@zeemahn
See, there are very good constructive way of talking to people without making them feel like they have made a terrible decision. What will you gain by rubbishing and condemning a decision that had already been taken? Fine, you can advise constructively. For example you could have commented on my post and said "Hello samwise94, why did you choose Uzhhorod? I would advise you move to a better university" SIMPLE!
I will respect your comment and i will want to listen to everything else you have to say.

My apologies. But others gave you advice about that already especially with regards to the kind of place Ukraine is but you were adamant with your opinions and perception about Ukraine that is why I decided to chip in. Don't feel bad. I also concluded plans to study in Ukraine but I decided not to at the last minute after doing more due diligence. Mind you, while Ukraine unis that offer the course I planned to study had bad reputations, the ones that offer the course you study could actually have great reputation. For example, when it comes to physics, Ukrainian universities are excellent. I also think that Engineering in a good number of their unis are miles better than many other places. My major point is that you should do enough research so that you can pick a good one. In fact, you could find one that is comparable or even better than the unis in more developed EU countries.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by SAMWISE94: 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
Thank you so Much @zeemahn. I have been sounding adamant because the advices some persons are giving is already late for someone like me. Also the way these persons give out the advice can be very irritating. I have made the decision to be in Ukraine and i must position the state of mind to get the best out of Ukraine. It's a mindset thing. Thank you once again. I have gained somethings from you.
zeemahn:

My apologies. But others gave you advice about that already especially with regards to the kind of place Ukraine is but you were adamant with your opinions and perception about Ukraine that is why I decided to chip in. Don't feel bad. I also concluded plans to study in Ukraine but I decided not to at the last minute after doing more due diligence. Mind you, while Ukraine unis that offer the course I planned to study had bad reputations, the ones that offer the course you study could actually have great reputation. For example, when it comes to physics, Ukrainian universities are excellent. I also think that Engineering in a good number of their unis are miles better than many other places. My major point is that you should do enough research so that you can pick a good one. In fact, you could find one that is comparable or even better than the unis in more developed EU countries.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by babakb: 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
SAMWISE94:
Thank you so Much @zeemahn. I have been sounding adamant because the advices some persons are giving is already late for someone like me. Also the way these persons give out the advice can be very irritating. I have made the decision to be in Ukraine and i must position the state of mind to get the best out of Ukraine. It's a mindset thing. Thank you once again. I have gained somethings from you.

Don't allow anyone dissuade you from following your dreams, Ukraine citizens travel visa free to the Shengen Zone.
While doing your studies try and learn Russian.
In Nigeria Bandits attack villages and kill hundreds and kidnap hundreds of kids, have you heard that in Ukraine

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by justwise(m): 8:00am On Dec 29, 2021
SAMWISE94:

Yes truth is irritating and you and some people here are struggling to deal with it .

You are angry to read this because you know that you made a mistake by traveling there

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (129)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.