Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,810 members, 7,824,371 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Solid Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Will Win This 2011 Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solid Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Will Win This 2011 Presidential Election (979 Views)

“Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo / 2011 Presidential Elections: Results From Up North- CPC calling the shots so far / Acn 2011 Presidential Primarie Is Live On Tvc @ Onikan Stadium Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solid Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Will Win This 2011 Presidential Election by dondavids: 11:40pm On Mar 29, 2011
Focus on One Nigeria

He is the only candidate who is talking about the unity of Nigeria even though in my own opinion, he should not, considering that the oil comes from his area.

Equitable Development Of All Parts Of Nigeria

All the other past northen presidents and heads of states including Buhari have stolen Nigeria's money and developed only their area.
GEJ is different. He wants everyone to benefit equally

Focus on Women Empoyment via 35% Affirmative Action for women

This is a good move especially when you consider that there are naturally more women in Nigeria than men. If you doubt this, just look around you.

Focus on The Youth : Increased Funding For Universities and Building Of More Universities

Nigeria population is made up of 70% of young People. If you can win over the youth, you have already won the election.

Cool and Calm Approach To Issues:

GEJ has been able to keep calm about alot of issues that would have cause serious unrest in the nation. He has successfully managed alot of crises situations.
The only times he made mistakes was when he called ACN leaders Rascals and When he was in a hurry to defend MEND. But even that issue can be excused for the simple reason that though MEND was responsible, it was the Rouge part of MEND and not the repented part of MEND who were responsible for the Independence day bombing in Abuja.

Apart from these 2 hasty utterances, GEJ has largely remained cool and calm

I know some people will argue that he did nothing about the Jos crisis and Boko Harem issue.

My question is this, why should he do anything about it when it is obvious that it is the Northern leaders who are sponsoring these crisis and bomb blasts so as to discredit GEJ. Let them clean up their own mess

Lots of People believe he is God sent:

Considering how he came to power without contesting a single election, He is definitely Blessed.
Who else do you know that have managed to pull that off.

More Freedom of Speech for Everybody

Ever since GEJ became president, everybody have been able to speak his or her mind without any fear whatsoever. People even insult GEJ openly in National TV and no one has been arrested.
Can you insult Buhari or Abacha and get away with it, I don't think so.

A believable and workable Electric Power Plan

All the other contestants speak of how they will improve electricity generation, without mentioning how they will do it. A man without a plan has already failed.

Too Many Northern Presidential Aspirants

How does the north want to win when then cannot even unite.

I think I know the Answer. - The North West always want power just for the sack of power.
Also the North as a whole believes that they are Born To Rule.

PDP's Nationwide reach and political structures.

12 years of power has made sure that PDP can easily install anyone as president. whether they win the Governorship in that state or not. Remember that alot of people are poor and hungry, so to win, all pdp need to do is to make it worthwhile for their supporters on election day and believe me PDP has alot of supporters in each state.

Love and Respect By the International Community

For the first time in the nation's history, Nigeria is enjoying some much good will from eveywhere, simply because of Goodluck.

His is also the first president of Nigeria in along time to speak good English in CNN without saying "ENSHUARE and ASHUARE"

Issue Based Politics.

Goodluck has focused on issues through out his campaigns without insulting anybody.

ACN and CPC have been going around insulting GEJ and the PDP without really proffering better solutions to the nations problems.

ACN people claim that Fashola did well in lagos. Yes this is true but let them tell me which other ACN Governor did well in the state his is Governing.

ACN's campaigns are all based on Fashola's Personal achievements in Lagos. His achievements are personal because he, as person believes in transformation. What did Tinubu achieve during his tenure as governor? Is it not the same Tinubu that almost chased Fashola out of ACN.

Also, you guys always call all PDP governors, thieves. What about the massive developments brought to Enugu and Akwaibom by Sullivan Chime and Godswill Akpabio.

Buhari on the other hand is an ethnic bigot who will only develop the northwest with oil money from the south south, just the same way he did during his time in the PTDF.

ACN's choice of 2 Muslin Candidates for President and VP

In a country with equal number of christians and Muslins, a muslin muslin ticket is a Big mistake. See what is happening in Parkitan, when every law they make goes against christians and the few christians in the government that speak against these laws are quickly murdered.

The Fear of Sharia,

Every muslim leader always believes that sharia law is the answer to our problems, but the revolts in Tunisia, Egypt and Lybia etc have shown that Sharia is not the answer to anything, since these muslin leaders use sharia law to oppress the masses, keep them quiet and enlongate their rule while their children go ahead and enjoy life with reckless abandon. Even our thriving Entertainment Industry will be closed down once Buhari introduces Sharia,  I believe that christrians who are supporting Buhari are not really thinking straight. I used to like Ribadu and I still like Ribadu because his is young and modern, but I wouldn't vote ACN in the presidential election because their is no Christian to keep Ribadu in check if he wakes up one day and decides to partner with Iran and turn Nigeria into a full Muslin Country. Muslins are always in a hurry to defend their religion but they never respect other peoples religion and this is the reason why they are in a hurry to burn churches, kill Igbos and kill Christians. So any party who tells me to vote for a Muslin Muslin candidate is a Commedian.

Why should I vote for someone like Buhari who may cut of my hands and legs one day. Sharia is simply Jungle Justice in the 21st century and Buhari likes this animalistic system of justice.

Instead of Buhari to rule Nigeria, then let us divide this country into 3 and let every one rule himself.

So you see, The Game is already over

Vote GEJ 2011
Re: Solid Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Will Win This 2011 Presidential Election by timbuktwo: 11:43pm On Mar 29, 2011
bless you.

you're way off the pace.
Re: Solid Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Will Win This 2011 Presidential Election by Solomon227(m): 11:55pm On Mar 29, 2011
Will I vote for the self-acclaimed Son of the Bomber (IBB)? NO

Will I vote for the Pilot of a day-light murderer (Folarin)? NO

Will I vote for an importer of dust-bins from UK? NO

Will I vote for d friend of Public looter (Bode George)? NO

Will I vote for d friend of a Rev. Father beater (Ohakim)? NO

Will I vote for d President with 133 wasteful aids? NO

Will I vote for the President that give $50,000 transport fare to  visitors? NO

Will I vote for a President that is afraid of debates? NO

Will I vote for a President that bows to shake Obama? NO

Will I vote for a President with no visible achievement in 12 years of 'Billions of Naira' Authority? NO

Will I vote for the friend of election rigger/looter (OBJ)? NO

Will I vote for a heartless mediocre? NO

Arise good people of Nigeria and cast your vote for the two honest men.,.,

Will I vote for clueless liar ? NO

[size=24pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children

Re: Solid Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Will Win This 2011 Presidential Election by gernded(m): 12:11am On Mar 30, 2011
Poster you are a true Nigerian and a true federal man.

your post in an eye opener .

But he who knows how to pound should pound well he who no not should pound on his Leg.
Re: Solid Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Will Win This 2011 Presidential Election by dondavids: 12:13am On Mar 30, 2011
First of all, I will like to correct this misconception in Nairaland. GEJ have only ruled for 12 months and not 12 years.

Anything GEJ said about IBB is just politics. Remember that when you have alot of enermies, you have to bring some of them closer.

You will see if GEJ will support a corrupt IBB after this election or not.

Association with the likes of Ikedi Ohakim and T A Orji are just political, these guys stole their states blind. After the elections. I doubt if Goodluck will still accomodate these corrupt governors.

If GEJ bowed to Obama. It is out of respect so wise up.

Why do you northerners keep calling GEJ a mediocre. Tell me which past northern leader smelled a PHD from 100 miles.

Guy, stop deluding yourself. Buhari can never never win.

If he wins then, I will support the division of Nigeria just like Sudan did.

For me a lover of sharia can Never rule over me.
Re: Solid Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Will Win This 2011 Presidential Election by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 30, 2011
@ POSTER

Na your grandfather you wan deceive!

Vote GEJ 2011 and see the end of Nigeria as a Nation!

BB2011 FOR THE SAKE OF OUR CHILDREN AND OUR CHILDREN CHILDREN!
Re: Solid Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Will Win This 2011 Presidential Election by dondavids: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2011
Na your grandfather you wan deceive!

Vote GEJ 2011 and see the end of Nigeria as a Nation!

BB2011 FOR THE SAKE OF OUR CHILDREN AND OUR CHILDREN CHILDREN!

You got it all wrong, the only time Nigeria will cease to exist as a nation is if GEJ fails to win. At the moment, there is peace in the Niger Delta because of him and at the moment, Nigeria's crude oil production have quadrupled from about 650,000 barrels per day to over 2.5 million today and yet you northerners fail to see anything good about GEJ simply because he is not from the north. Even the armnesty program present today is because of OBJ and Jonathan and not even Yardua. If Jonathan loses this election, What do you think will happen in to the peace in the Niger delta.

If you hat GEJ so much, let me ask you this question, are past northern leaders like IBB, Shagari, Gowon, Abacha, Abdulsalami, Yardua and even Buhari better than GEJ. I don't think so.

I believe that the only reason you are supporting a Buhari is because you are from the north.

I have 2 main problems with Buhari.

1. How can he say he is anti corruption, when he took 93% of all PTF monies made available to him to develop only the north west, neglecting even the south south that has the oil. This is the same thing as when someone comes into you farm land and begins to harvest your yams and cassava for his own personal use. This is Stealing, but I know you won't see this because of your blind followership to Buhari.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-631710.0.html

2. He is a Sharia Fanatic.
If he likes, let him claim that he will jail all the corrupt past leaders of Nigeria if he wins. The truth is this. What use will this anti corruption be to free thinking and free minded people like me if Buhari introduces sharia in this country and ends up taking away my fundamental human rights of free speech and free interaction from me.

Even the Arab world is presently revolting against the poverty lack of freedom and total backwardness brought about by oppressive laws such as Sharia.

We don't need that kind of law in this country.

If you love Buhari this much, then let him Rule you and your family members.

Nigerian be wise, the reason why the west is superior in technology and military power when compared to the Arab world is because of sharia law.

Sharia law denies people their freedom of assosiation and encourages only the study of Koran. How can anyone develop science, arts and technology if he only reads the Koran morning afternoon and night. This is the main reason why there are alot of uneducated poor people in northern Nigeria. The only real hope for survival for northerners is because of the oil present in the Niger Delta and this is why they want to continue ruling us, so that they will using our oil money to develop their areas, while keeping their people in the dark, by restricting them with Sharia law.
You guys show go to school and acquire real knowledge and stop telling us that Education is Sin.

[code][/code]
Re: Solid Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Will Win This 2011 Presidential Election by Jamesakume(m): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2011
I consider this thread to be useless, please enlighten us on more important issues than your lame reasons why GEJ will win. U're just blinded by the some religious gimmick of him being God's anointed. Abeg i don tire for story!! I'll support Ribadu's Muslim/Muslim ticket unconditionally.

Re: Solid Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Will Win This 2011 Presidential Election by dondavids: 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2011
OBJ made Ribadu what he is today. If Ribadu is really honest, why didn't he accept it when he was demoted to post of assistant police commissioner where he rightly belongs. Instead, he fought to retain an unjustified position of AIG which he doesnot even merit.
Yet he claims that he is not corrupt.

I dey laugh,

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu Vs Jonathan Vs Buhari. Which One Is Good For Nigeria? / Pdp Vows To Challenge Election Results In Ondo / Who Becomes Speaker Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.