Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,423 members, 7,843,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides (25845 Views)

For Couples And Those About To Marry / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. / Lesbian And Gay Marriage Both Sides Of The Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Katy86(f): 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
Aids in Easteurope?

Would I ever travel to the East of Europe?

NO!

It is the same like in Nigeria. Why should I go there lipsrsealed

If my man would be a Russian I would also be afraid when he travels home.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2011
Katy86 i'm sure you and your boyfriend can handle whatever issues you're bringing up here. If he likes let him go home if he likes let him not go home. If you like cook for him, if you like dont cook for him. Why cant he eat german food anyway or doesnt he know he's in germany.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 2:08pm On Apr 04, 2011
Katy86:

I respect his family, sure but I do not love everything what comes from Nigeria because I am together with one.

You can insert somebody else wie sagt man so schön, dass ist absolut unter meinem Niveau.  kiss

PS I do not cook for him because of love, I cook for the children and he loves the food what I make and eat with us.
Cooking has nothing to do with love.

True. You don't have to love everything about Nigeria because u're with a Nigerian. I like very little about england although i am madly in love with an Englishman!

The point is, i'm not going to use the same tone u use in talking about his country or his family. My respect for him automatically extends to those people, at least till they prove they don't deserve it. It sounds weird when u even say his parents aren't your kids grandparents. How did u learn Biology in school?

Deine Niveau? lol. i reserve my comment lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

tpiah!:

Katy86 i'm sure you and your boyfriend can handle whatever issues you're bringing up here. If he likes let him go home if he likes let him not go home.  If you like cook for him, if you like dont cook for him. Why cant he eat german food anyway or doesnt he know he's in germany.

The poor naija man isn't complaining about her food o, and he eats it. But she's busy bashing his glue-like-2kg-pepper disgusting Nigerian food among online strangers.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 04, 2011
@Katy86,
Do you believe Germans are superior to Nigerians?
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 04, 2011
Although I do not support her views, Katy is just doing her job which is allowing Karma to work through her. No disrespect to you Naijangel or GenBuhari but there are SOME people on this thread and forum who disrespect foreigners and they must know what it feels like to be told 'you and your culture ain't squat!".  undecided sorry!
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Although I do not support her views, Katy is just doing her job which is allowing Karma to work through her. No disrespect to you Naijangel or GenBuhari but there are SOME people on this thread and forum who disrespect foreigners and they must know what it feels like to be told 'you and your culture ain't squat!".  undecided sorry!

LOL kinda true hahaha. Naija over-confidence.

But if u decide to be with a man, no bashing his ass on a random forum. especially if he's the father of your kids. That's big time disloyalty right there, i must say.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2011
It doesn't matter where she is dissing her baby daddy she is still expressing her dislikes about Nigerian culture regardless if she has children with him or not.  There are Nigerians who disses their own people with foreigners they are married to or dating.  For example, the guy that Katy is dating or have dated dissed Nigerian women and the country itself and he is Nigerian according to Katy. 

This is no different.  What goes around comes around.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^have you ever watched roscoe jenkins.

kind of an interesting movie.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
Not really.  I fell asleep.  What was the movie about?
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^you should have watched it again after you woke up.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 4:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
It was on TV and I will take your word that it was interesting and save 6 dollars.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^no, dont take my word for it.

as per your comment about somebody abusing nigerian women because they heard their nigerian booty calls doing that, you'd have a lot to learn from that movie.

however, of course you dont have to listen to anybody- just continue living your life in any manner you see fit.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2011
tpiah!:

^^no, dont take my word for it.

as per your comment about somebody abusing nigerian women because they heard their nigerian booty calls doing that, you'd have a lot to learn from that movie.

however, of course you dont have to listen to anybody- just continue living your life in any manner you see fit.

Hmm. Let me make sure I understand what you barking about you want me to watch the movie you suggested to learn about Nigerian booty calls?
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 5:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

It doesn't matter where she is dissing her baby daddy she is still expressing her dislikes about Nigerian culture regardless if she has children with him or not.  There are Nigerians who disses their own people with foreigners they are married to or dating.  For example, the guy that Katy is dating or have dated dissed Nigerian women and the country itself and he is Nigerian according to Katy. 

This is no different.  What goes around comes around. 

Yeah it's all about being classy and basic self-respect 101, aint it? I can't imagine going online to bash my baby daddy and his family then logging off to go feed his kids and probably share a bed with him. Kinda really sick. It's a low self-esteem thing, like take it out on the computer but not be strong enough to take charge of your own life and all the while say "it's for the kids".

You may act like u support her but i doubt very much that u'd be doing the same thing if u were in her shoes. The funniest ish is she's whining but don't wanna let go of the dude. Freaking hilarious. There must be some truth to the Naija charisma/enigma afterall cool cool cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2011
naijangel7:

Yeah it's all about being classy and basic self-respect 101, aint it? I can't imagine going online to bash my baby daddy and his family then logging off to go feed his kids and probably share a bed with him. Kinda really sick. It's a low self-esteem thing, like take it out on the computer but not be strong enough to take charge of your own life and all the while say "it's for the kids".

You may act like u support her but i doubt very much that u'd be doing the same thing if u were in her shoes. The funniest ish is she's whining but don't wanna let go of the dude. Freaking hilarious. There must be some truth to the Naija charisma/enigma afterall cool cool cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink

I see you still mad at the German chick and not one time I said I support her. I said it doesn't matter WHERE she is dissing her baby daddy she is STILL DISSING him. And the Nigerian guy she had babies with dissed Nigeria/Nigerian women so where do you think she is getting her information from?

Exactly.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
the point is she's disrespecting both her husband and her children.

her boyfriend's opinion of nigerians or anybody else has nothing to do with this.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 6:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
tpiah!:

the point is she's disrespecting both her husband and her children.

her boyfriend's opinion of nigerians or anybody else has nothing to do with this.

And he is disrespecting both himself and his children as well.  The boyfriend's opinions has nothing to do with this site however the opinions are affecting the poster's decisions concerning her children and traveling to Nigeria to visit the family.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
it doesnt matter if he is disrespecting himself and his children.

she's the non-nigerian and she must have known nigeria was a third world country before she started sleeping with him and getting pregnant.

if his nigerianness didnt bother her enough to refuse his advances and his wetincall, then there's no justification now either.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I see you still mad at the German chick and not one time I said I support her.  I said it doesn't matter WHERE she is dissing her baby daddy she is STILL DISSING him.  And the Nigerian guy she had babies with dissed Nigeria/Nigerian women  so where do you think she is getting her information from? 

Exactly. 

Mad? Not mad at her at all! why would i be? I don't even care if she disses Nigerian women. If she does so what? doesn't touch us. My point is the whining and bashing vs. the hold-tight-and-not-let-go. Anything as bad as the man she describes should be dropped like a bad habit. she didn't think he might give her AIDS when he came straight from Naija, instead she dropped him 2 kids in a wink. Now years later the love is sour and he's the stuff her nightmares are made of . Next thing she's here registering her disgust for the "lost country" and the family that birthed him. smh.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2011
naijangel7:

Mad? Not mad at her at all! why would i be? I don't even care if she disses Nigerian women. If she does so what? doesn't touch us. My point is the whining and bashing vs. the hold-tight-and-not-let-go. Anything as bad as the man she describes should be dropped like a bad habit. she didn't think he might give her AIDS when he came straight from Naija, instead she dropped him 2 kids in a wink. Now years later the love is sour and he's the stuff her nightmares are made of . Next thing she's here registering her disgust for the "lost country" and the family that birthed him. smh.

So what do you want her to do?
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 7:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
tpiah!:

it doesnt matter if he is disrespecting himself and his children.

she's the non-nigerian and she must have known nigeria was a third world country before she started sleeping with him and getting pregnant.

if his nigerianness didnt bother her enough to refuse his advances and his wetincall, then there's no justification now either.

It doesn't matter if he is disrespecting himself or his children? Wow.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by naijangel7(f): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

So what do you want her to do?  

I've already said what i think she should do but as part of it was in German you probably didn't understand it. I suggested she either stfu and stay on like she seems to be doing already and assume a measure of dignity, or take herself and more importantly, her kids out of all that negativity. Running to some obscure forum to vent your contempt and carrying on business as usual with such a bad man is, in my opinion, one of the worst lies anybody could live. I mean what exactly is her point on this thread now? She's not looking for solutions like didara86 and she's not proffering any either!
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2011
his so-called disrespect is NO REASON for her to act the same way.

the ones who are most at the receiving end of all this are the children involved.

like i said, she didnt feel like disrespecting his advances to her, so why the outcry now.

Mrs.Chima:

It doesn't matter if he is disrespecting himself or his children? Wow.

even if he wakes up and curses nigeria every morning without fail, she still has NO REASON to insult nigeria anyhow!!

end of!!

good or bad, the same nigeria provided whatever qualities she saw that made him attractive to her in the first place.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
If you are going to tell her that she is wrong for her actions then you should be able to tell others that they are wrong as well.

IF we are going to judge one, we need to judge all. Regardless where they are from.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MrsChima(f): 7:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
naijangel7:

I've already said what i think she should do but as part of it was in German you probably didn't understand it. I suggested she either stfu and stay on like she seems to be doing already and assume a measure of dignity, or take herself and more importantly, her kids out of all that negativity. Running to some obscure forum to vent your contempt and carrying on business as usual with such a bad man is, in my opinion, one of the worst lies anybody could live. I mean what exactly is her point on this thread now? She's not looking for solutions like didara86 and she's not proffering any either!

I am sure she will take your comment in consideration and if she chooses to continue her dissing there is nothing we can do about it.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by xxcarolxx(f): 8:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
Katy86, you sound like a complete loony tune, I pity your bf i really do cause you sound as cold as ice,
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 05, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

If you are going to tell her that she is wrong for her actions then you should be able to tell others that they are wrong as well.

IF we are going to judge one, we need to judge all. Regardless where they are from.

BOTTOM LINE.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 05, 2011
Anyway! There's an association called nigerwives, since nigerian men are now being rushed by al and sundry, any man, woman or transgender who wants to date them had better check out the site for some tips.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by tEsLim(m): 1:04am On Apr 05, 2011
Who knows this song " She's got mad issues, ain't no ways to solve it" , Angie Stone. This woman got super issues I wonder why the boyfriend must have been insensitive not to notice this mentality. I would dump her!!!!
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 05, 2011
What racism you talking about.I know many white women dating black men who use the N word to refer to their black boyfriends or husbands and when you call them out on this issue they tell u they trying to act all hip hop.A german woman by the way might make a better date with a black american than an african because all the blk american man wants is nothing more than just casual sex and this will be very convinient for a german lady unlike an african who wants a deep relationship which will probably lead to marriage.To say the truth white women and especially germans and english women dont make good wives for african men because many of them drink to a drunken stupor and they cant cook as well and besides african men who date white women do it for visa and money and not love.This is just the truth.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by MsPotato(f): 2:13am On Apr 05, 2011
By: Katy86
No. I like Arab and Turkey food. I like to cook it too ( I try it   ) But Nigerian food 
Sorry but I can not taste it. I try it but I can not make the food inside my mouth. It will come out again 
The food what my boyfriend is cooking is,   fish with eyes, meat with big bones, soup like glue and 2 kg pepper, NO

Have you tried Egusi Soup, Ogbona Soup, Jolof Rice, Beans and Crayfish, Puff Puff, Moi Moi, Pounded Yam, Eba? I know what you mean with the chunks of meat with big bones. I don’t really like it either but if I cook, I will put that meat in the pot and also I will put some of the boneless meat too as well. It doesn’t have to be exactly following the dish you know? U can always substitute or improvise to satisfy all taste buds. Like the Egusi Soup, I don’t really like goat meat so I change it to Chicken and beef or sumthin like that.

Quoted by: Ms. Potato
As a woman, you must always try to find a way to yopur bf/husband's heart and one way to it is by food.

Replied by: Katy86
I do not think so

That explains why in Europe and America the divorce rate is just too high(no offesne) because the female doesn’t know where they stand and what are their duties as a woman while the man take sh1t from woman and grant them complete freedom. Don’t get me wrong, granting freedom is good but when a woman don’t behave like one and dont know what is their soul responsibilities on earth, a relationship will never be balanced.

I listen to the first three now.
Not my kind of music   Boring.
You can hear it but it do not touch me.

Ok, guess its not your cup of tea than. As for me, I find Indian and Arab music annoying (no offense) maybe because they sound the same like some ISO (International Standardization of Organization) but if my man happened to be Arab or Indian, I will listen to it. That’s why they call it love conquers everything. For your case, its sumthing else.

They are a lot of Niogerians here! But the question is what kind of Nigerians?!
Most of them are drugdealers and real bitches. Should I force him to have contact with that people?
He do not want that again.  The one Nigerian friend of him was so helpful that he stole his phone and sell it.   That is why the contact broke up.

So to you every Nigerians in Germany is evil except your bf/baby daddy? I absolutely do not believe in that. The Nigerians in Malaysia are known to be cunning / scammers / male pr05t1tut3s and so on but Ive met many and they are not like what people say they are. For sure they are some whom are like that but they are also a lot of nice people.

I didn’t ask u to force him to have contact with those people you so called proclaim them to be “bad” but I mean if he has any friends whom wants to come visit, by all means, feel free but if he doesn’t no problem.

My boyfriend is Edo. He himself always says that his language is not important. His children should speak englisch and thats enough to speak with his parents. All the other things arround let me think that i do not need to put effort in that issue. What I have to do with his parents?
I will never meet them and may be they are praying day and night that they son come back and live with them and bring Nigerian children to this world (i have a friend this happened to her. The parents show what they think about her).

I can see it all so clearly now. You are a very very straight woman. Just like my sister in law. When someone tells you A you believe in A just like what you are thinking about the AIDS in Africa news.

My bf tells me that his language is not important too in the beginning of our relationship but I don’t bother. To me, Im interested to know my man’s culture, language, food, clothes and everything else. When his friends comes over, I try speaking in Pidgin and they find it hilarious. And soon, my bf thinks that for me to speak in his language is kinda awesome. Now he can speak some of my native language too and for me although I don’t think its necessary but for him to be doing that only adds in the spark and I just love his effort.

Oh you do not knwo my family 
My parents will never take money from their children even if they are totally down. We have had that problem before

For sure I don’t know your family cause Im not born under them. Your family might be good at sumthing but it doesn’t mean that they are good in everything. In my entire family, I have those whom continuously asked for money but when you need help, they will help you and those whom wont ask you for money but when you need help, they will turn a deaf hear and a blind eye. They are pros and cons on every single individual.

But whatever is it, you cannot run away from the fact that your kids have the right to know their father’s side of the family. Its in them. When people ask for help / assistance, have you ever heard of the word No?

When I am in the situation I would not take a man from the US and have children there.

Easy for you to say cause you are not in that situation. I always thought to myself that I shall marry a local but what can I do when I don’t have feelings for my own people? Can u blame me? When faith and destiny takes you there, theres nothing you can do apart from making the best out of it. You are just lucky you haven’t been in that situation. Consider God is loving you.

I see the country as a lost country.
May be  I see everything to negative, but the whole world is lost.

Sorry but are you related to Adolfe Hitler? Cause you sound like that? You sound like only your country is the best thing on this planet. A negative mind will never get you far and I suggest you better stop thinking that way.
Re: Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides by Nobody: 2:25am On Apr 05, 2011
cheesy most Germans are still nazis at heart

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? / After Spending The 50k I Borrowed From Loan App, She Refused To Follow Me Home / 2019: Toke Makinwa Wishes "Orgasms And Laughter" To People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.