Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

What To Do When You See A Snake - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What To Do When You See A Snake (619 Views)

Nigerian Lady Displays Long Tongue Like A Snake (Video) / For Those Who Want To Keep Snakes As Pets, Look At What A Snake Did To The Owner / Man Having Sex With A Snake (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When You See A Snake by nairalandankrah: 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2021
First thing, don't panic!

1.About 3/4ths of all snake species are non-venomous and completely harmless! Even if you have encountered a venomous snake, the snake is unlikely to attack or bite unless provoked. If you move towards it or attempt to pick it up, you may provoke an attack. However, standing still or slowly moving away gives the snake a chance to escape harmlessly.

2.The next thing you do will depend on where you are.
If you are outdoors in a wild area such as Jubilee Park and it is very likely that no one else will encounter the animal, the best thing to do is to leave the animal alone. Stand still, change direction or walk away from the animal and it will disappear into bushes or a hole in the ground. If it looks like it is moving towards you stamp the ground to create ground vibrations. This should be enough to drive it away.

3.Remember that most snakes are as scared of you, or more scared than you are of them.
Try to walk on cleared or paved paths so you can see where you put your feet and avoid stepping on a snake by accident.

4. Use a torch in dark areas, especially during twilight hours and at night.
Wear closed shoes and long pants if you expect to be walking in grassy and overgrown areas of campus. (A useful precaution for children playing outdoors in the evenings.)

5.In residential areas, ensure that corridors and paths are well lit. Cover crevices and potential entrances into buildings that may have been created by rats or during construction. Cover drain pipe openings with fine wire mesh.

Enjoy your stay in the village...

Re: What To Do When You See A Snake by Nwodosis(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2021
grin What if one calls Lala on phone on sighting the snake?
Re: What To Do When You See A Snake by DICKstractor: 7:25pm On Jan 04, 2021
undecided

All these regulation for a piece of meat?

Lala list
First thing to do when you see a snake :

1)Think of the kind of pepper soup you want to prepare

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You See A Snake by majamajic(m): 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
Snap and push to frontpage
Re: What To Do When You See A Snake by chatinent: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2021
Find a stick, flog it till it pauses and red liquid springs out.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You See A Snake by Babara1994(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2021
How do you handle a snake bite?
Re: What To Do When You See A Snake by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2021
Cool, that skin would make a good design for purses
Re: What To Do When You See A Snake by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2021
chatinent:
Find a stick, flog it till it pauses and red liquid springs out.

Wicked man! All you know is to kill. Come on, you would hurt it's feelings. Be kind to animals. Just pick it up and place it on your neck.cool
Re: What To Do When You See A Snake by CandyOps(m): 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
omo if I see snake na straight japa

which one be stand still and stamp foot? I don't negotiate with terrorists. either I leave the house for the snake or the snake leave house for me
Re: What To Do When You See A Snake by tnerro1(m): 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2021
I see a snake, I jump fence and runnnn!!!!!!
Re: What To Do When You See A Snake by Oyadorf(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2021
I will snap and paste it on Nairaland so Lala can move it to front page.... grin

I will rearrange myself and search for weapon I can use to kill it.
Re: What To Do When You See A Snake by adekemi45600: 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
Snap and push to frontpage
Re: What To Do When You See A Snake by MJBOLT: 12:41am On Jan 05, 2021
6.Kill it
use it to make snake pepper soup
Snap and upload to NL
Lala moves it to FP

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If You Discover That The Kids Are Not Yours? / The Effects Of Masturbation On Both Gender / Girls Becareful Of Some MEN If Not All, All They Want From You Is Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.