Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? (1216 Views)

Lady Calls Out Man Who Has Been Asking Her Out But Got Married In December / Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? / Lady Stages Proposal After Facebook Said She Would Be Married In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by BrainBucksNG: 11:19am On Jan 05, 2021
Divorce everywhere!
Two lovebirds today can turn to two mortal enemies the very next day.
Even here on Nairaland, besides the FCMB Oga scandal, only yesterday I remember seeing almost the spinal cord of a wife whose husband opened a window into her body with a machete, supposedly because of food. Food ooo...
Pre-wedding photo shoots everywhere. Down on one knee proposals competing for most romantic cos they all want to copy what they watch on Telemundo.
Give 99% of these couples only one year and you'll see them carrying face like dog poop inside the car cos the man is incensed that the woman takes forever to wear makeup.
The world just seems to continue running in an endless cycle of GIGO (Garbage In Garbage Out). Just like our jungle Nigeria, where the ancient men of the 70s and 80s, who were promising to pave way for the "leaders of tomorrow" but yet somehow continue to lead their papa until thy kingdom come, marriage continues to be built and be collapsed on the same promises of forever when initial love be shacking everybody. I can't even point too far. I will judge myself first. My own parents' families, on both sides, with at least 12 marriages I can count now, have maybe only 2 or 3 still standing. Even my very self, after dating a girl for only months, the thing dey tire me. Even seeing her naked after some time doesn't arouse konji anymore.
I just wonder how married couples do it and cope for years upon years. See, my observation is that most couples now, especially due to our tradition in this part of the world, ENDURE, not ENJOY, their marriages.
The stigma of a failed marriage makes people just endure a loveless marriage where romance is dead and buried.
But, go to other more advanced countries, wey no holy reach our holy holy Nigerians, the millennials are starting to avoid marriage altogether.
I concur. Rather than lose the love I have for someone's daughter and start treating her like trash, or vice versa, where I end up like the FCMB saga victim, e better make I just dey my own. If I want to born, I find one whitey giv am belle, get halfcast pikin, and life goes on.

DISCLAIMER: This is my own personal experience and opinion. I am not asking anyone to buy into it. Go ahead. Marry. Live long. Best wishes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by Kestolove(m): 11:22am On Jan 05, 2021
My brother go ND marry and have kids,stop consoling urself if u don't have d means to..

4 Likes

Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by crazyclown(m): 11:24am On Jan 05, 2021
We re in d end time
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by fati2001(m): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by SILENTandSMART2: 11:27am On Jan 05, 2021
undecided cry
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by ibechris(m): 11:29am On Jan 05, 2021
Marriage is beautiful.

Being single is wow and without stress.

But in all,being married to that good woman or man is fulfilling.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by BrainBucksNG: 11:33am On Jan 05, 2021
Kestolove:
My brother go ND marry and have kids,stop consoling urself if u don't have d means to..

Like Tunde Thomas who had the means to abi?
Madam, treat the message pls and forget the messenger.
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by BrainBucksNG: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:
Ask your mom and dad dat question wink

Yea, it's probably better to stay silent and be assumed to be smart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by SILENTandSMART2: 11:41am On Jan 05, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

i don't read the shit you wrote but i saw your topic,
aswear dats the best way , if you ask them they will give you the best answer,
I'm sorry if you no like the way i talk about ham sha wink
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by DAramis: 11:41am On Jan 05, 2021
ibechris:
Marriage is beautiful.

Being single is wow and without stress.

But in all,being married to that good woman or man is fulfilling.

In summary, being single is good but being married to the right or even good woman is better. If it is not, God would never have thought it wise to give Adam, Eve as a companion in the garden of Eden.

May people be able to find the right person without being clouded with superficial things.
NB: The right person could be that semi-illiterate, came from poor home, not beautiful (or handsome), etc.

1 Like

Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by BrainBucksNG: 11:52am On Jan 05, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:

i don't read the shit you wrote but i saw your topic,

aswear dats the best way , if you ask them they will give you the best answer,

I'm sorry if you no like the way i talk about ham sha wink
Apology accepted. Always. At least that could salvage what's left of the silent and smart impression.
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by BrainBucksNG: 11:54am On Jan 05, 2021
DAramis:

In summary, being single is good but being married to the right or even good woman is better. If it is not, God would never have taught it wise to give Adam Eve as a companion in the garden of Eden.

May people be able to find the right person without being clouded with superficial things. NB: The right person could be that semi-illiterate, came from poor home, not beautiful (or handsome), etc.
Gratitude for your reasoned and reasonable input.
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by Ryan03(f): 12:06pm On Jan 05, 2021
@ DAramis my guy, in his life eh, what you want and what you need is always different. You might want that cute girl with big backside and heavy chest, it is not bad I, but problem will start when you ignore every other aspect because she have those physical features that you like. The most lucky man is the one who finds his needs in the body of his wants. Buy las las sha, marriage is not by force o
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by Ryan03(f): 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2021
Kestolove:
na wa o, you won force the guy marry?
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by DAramis: 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

Gratitude for your reasoned and reasonable input.
Don't mention bro.
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by Boxer007(m): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2021
BrainBucksNG:
Divorce everywhere!
Two lovebirds today can turn to two mortal enemies the very next day.
Even here on Nairaland, besides the FCMB Oga scandal, only yesterday I remember seeing almost the spinal cord of a wife whose husband opened a window into her body with a machete, supposedly because of food. Food ooo...
Pre-wedding photo shoots everywhere. Down on one knee proposals competing for most romantic cos they all want to copy what they watch on Telemundo.
Give 99% of these couples only one year and you'll see them carrying face like dog poop inside the car cos the man is incensed that the woman takes forever to wear makeup.
The world just seems to continue running in an endless cycle of GIGO (Garbage In Garbage Out). Just like our jungle Nigeria, where the ancient men of the 70s and 80s, who were promising to pave way for the "leaders of tomorrow" but yet somehow continue to lead their papa until thy kingdom come, marriage continues to be built and be collapsed on the same promises of forever when initial love be shacking everybody. I can't even point too far. I will judge myself first. My own parents families, on both sides, with at least 12 marriages I can count now, have maybe 2 or 3 still standing. Even my very self, after dating a girl for only months, the thing dey tire me. Even seeing her naked after some time doesn't arouse konji anymore.
I just wonder how married couples do it and cope for years upon years. See, my observation is that most couples now, especially due to our tradition in this post of the world, ENDURE, not ENJOY, their marriages.
The stigma of a failed marriage makes people just endure a loveless marriage where romance is dead and buried.
But, go to other more advanced countries, wey no holy reach our holy holy Nigerians, the millennials are starting to avoid marriage altogether.
I concur. Rather than lose the love I have for someone's daughter and start treating her like trash, or vice versa, where I end up like the FCMB saga victim, e better make I just dey my own. If I want to born, I find one whitey giv am belle, get halfcast pikin, and life goes on.

DISCLAIMER: This is my own personal experience and opinion. I am not asking anyone to buy into it. Go ahead. Marry. Live long. Best wishes.

Bros. Gay marriage is way out: the solution. Preach!
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by DAramis: 12:20pm On Jan 05, 2021
Ryan03:
@ DAramis my guy, in his life eh, what you want and what you need is always different. You might want that cute girl with big backside and heavy chest, it is not bad I, but problem will start when you ignore every other aspect because she have those physical features that you like. The most lucky man is the one who finds his needs in the body of his wants. Buy las las sha, marriage is not by force o

I know marriage is not by force but it is still a good thing. Wants and needs has always been 2 different things and would never join together when it comes to women.

That is why in my culture, our people used to say some women are good for friendship only but never for marriage. I don't know for you bro, but where I come from, marriage is compulsory so is children (Except you are to become a Roman Catholic priest).

Even if you give all the excuses on this earth why you could not get married, they will find woman for you at all cost and foist on you. The exception is, if that person has other hidden thing in his or her cupboard which is preventing it. (Like personal choice of being attracted to same sex, medical condition with his special key for unlocking the door in woman's body, etc)
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by Ryan03(f): 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2021
DAramis:

I know marriage is not by force but it is still a good thing. Wants and needs has always been 2 different things and would never join together when it comes to women.

That is why in my culture, our people used to say some women are good for friendship only but never for marriage. I don't know for you bro, but where I come from marriage is compulsory so is children (Except you are to become a Roman Catholic priest).

Even if you give all the excuses on this earth why could not get married, they will find woman for you at all cost and foist on you. The exception is if that person has other hidden thing in his or her cupboard which is preventing it. (Like personal choice of being attracted to same sex, medical condition with his special key for unlocking the door in woman's body, etc)
of cause I want to get married and I respect the institution of marriage but not enough to want to force it on anyone. Even having kids is not by force, the earth will not disappear because some people refuse to marry or give birth, I believe in respecting the choices of others as long as it's not causing harm to theirself, others or the environment and I don't see how not marrying is doing any of these
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by DAramis: 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

Bro, try and put the write-up in good format, maybe it will attract wider viewership and more comments from those already in the Union.

Lastly, I have noticed that, Nairaland promotes marriage violence incidents (always on front page) which is having an effect on how people view marriage with the exception of where the former married banker allegedly cheated. This increases the perception that, things are bad and evil always in marriage unions.

I will try and reduce the amount of news I view in this regard from this year. Need a healthy perspective rather than the gloomy news people read always online.
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by BrainBucksNG: 12:33pm On Jan 05, 2021
Boxer007:

Bros. Gay marriage is way out: the solution. Preach!
Even that one has "marriage" involved, which is what we're trying to avoid
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 05, 2021
Wahala
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by BrainBucksNG: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2021
DAramis:

Bro, try and put the write-up in good format, maybe it will attract wider viewership and more comments form those already in the Union.

Lastly, I have noticed that, Nairaland promotes marriage violence incidents (always on front page) which is having an effect on how people view marriage with the exception of where the former married banker allegedly cheated. This increases the perception that, things are bad and evil always in marriage unions.

I will try and reduce the amount of news I view in this regard from this year. Need a healthy perspective rather than the gloomy news people read always online.
Measured and constructive. I see your points. Kudos!

2 Likes

Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by Boxer007(m): 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

Even that one has "marriage" involved, which is what we're trying to avoid

Bros just date a guy & avoid women. Females are evil sir angry
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by BrainBucksNG: 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2021
Boxer007:

Bros just date a guy & avoid women. Females are evil sir angry
1. Females Are Evil... Dat 1 dey

2. Avoid Women... Cure konji how naa?

3. Date a Guy... Chai bros e better make I just manage evil women
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by BrainBucksNG: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2021
Ryan03:
of cause I want to get married and I respect the institution of marriage but not enough to want to force it on anyone. Even having kids is not by force, the earth will not disappear because some people refuse to marry or give birth, I believe in respecting the choices of others as long as it's not causing harm to theirself, others or the environment and I don't see how not marrying is doing any of these
In summary, live and let live.

This mentality cannot be taught in schools. It's just common sense and an acceptance of the world the way it is.

I'm not sure our generation will live to see when Nigerians are as free-spirited as this, most especially when it comes to religion as well, cos everybody thinks their own way is the sure way. smh...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by BrainBucksNG: 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2021
ZIINI:
Wahala
Where
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

Where
WAHALA
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by Fvckyouall: 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by Fvckyouall: 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

1. Females Are Evil... Dat 1 dey

2. Avoid Women... Cure konji how naa?

3. Date a Guy... Chai bros e better make I just manage evil women

1) true

2) there are many other ways, .........try meditation

3) you never know until you try
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by BrainBucksNG: 8:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
Fvckyouall:

1) true

2) there are many other ways, .........try meditation

3) you never know until you try

grin grin grin #3 angry angry shocked hell nawww
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by Fvckyouall: 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

grin grin grin #3 angry angry shocked hell nawww

Lol well meditation is still an option grin or you can chop it off
Re: Is There Still Need To Be Married In This World Today? by BrainBucksNG: 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2021
Fvckyouall:

Lol well meditation is still an option grin or you can chop it off
Haha uncle bros
Na marriage I say I no like... I'm still �% a full fledged citizen of fvkkery

(1) (2) (Reply)

{download} Migos Culture 2017 Release Album. / Video Of Couple Having Sèx Because Of Money Goes Viral / Have You Ever Been In This Condition Before? (HOL)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.