Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,075 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate (12679 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Why Buhari Rejected Wali As Acting INEC Chairman - PM News / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Look-Alike (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by AljUche: 1:57am On Mar 31, 2011
vicenzo:

Hmm,seems like everybody wants fresh,imagine they are planing to hijack him,then why shout BB,looks like only the igbo is enjoying the fresh air while others are planing to hijack him,breaking news:FRESH AIR is for all nigerians.
shocked shocked shocked shocked so you are nigerian now you want presidency shocked shocked
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by KnowAll(m): 2:27am On Mar 31, 2011
The strongest & most sellable Igbo man who was already an establish ruling class was Soludo, despite his Bank cock-ups d SW & moderates in d North would have backed a Soludo candidacy than Ngozi, but Jo-boy destroyed that promising young man's ambition by awarding that election to Obi & secondly Jo-boy was too scared to dear Ojukwu. Today Ojukwu is almost on his way out, but d most promising man east of dNiger in both d SS & SE career lies in ruins courtesy of Jo-boy yet Igbo's today are still supporting Jo-boy, d Igbo's had better join d new gravy train in Town which is Team BB.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by henry101(m): 2:38am On Mar 31, 2011
KnowAll:

The strongest & most sellable Igbo man who was already an establish ruling class was Soludo, despite his Bank cock-ups d SW & moderates in d North would have backed a Soludo candidacy than Ngozi, but Jo-boy destroyed that promising young man's ambition by awarding that election to Obi & secondly Jo-boy was too scared to dear Ojukwu. Today Ojukwu is almost on his way out, but d most promising man east of dNiger in both d SS & SE career lies in ruins courtesy of Jo-boy yet Igbo's today are still supporting Jo-boy, d Igbo's had better join d new gravy train in Town which is Team BB.

Who's the strongest and sellable from other regions, you freaking tribalist.
jason123:

Now that you are calm, we can reason together as brothers and fellow country men.

The economic spearheading was done by the OBJ (same yorubas you hate and despise) to allow igbos greater roles in the society, that I do not have problem with. If we all look out for our individual ethnic groups, then who will look out for the country??The ethnic lines are already burred. Take a look at Lagos and maybe port harcourt,Lagos is a multi ethnic society where tribalism has no place. See the way it change from just an economic center to building its own island. Lagos is the epitome of what Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas can do when they are detribali[b]sed.
But my eastern brother, when we start playing tribal politics and ethnocentric games[/b], then we will only result back to 1967 (I do not pray for that) and we Nigerians (whether yorubas, isoko, ijaw, hausas, igbos etc) will lose everything.
On the issue of presidency, I am SURE many people do not care anymore about where the president comes from as long as he does well. Anybody that can remove OBJ's god fatherism and corruption will do the nation a whole lot of good. When the nation starts functioning with a bit of morals then we can start the proper development because my bother, development will not come as long as corruption is our bane.

We should not tribalise the position of presidency. It will do us more harm than good. It will sow ethnic hatred and mistrust. It might even lead to something we all do not want.

Vote for whoever you like but please do not based it on ethnic judgments as most igbos are doing now. Even the SS are not as crazily tribal as some igbo are about GEJ. I just do not want a region or the whole country to regret their actions. Thank you

Who's playing tribal politics. I have told you, you sit behind your computer and type nonsense claiming to be neutral.
A region supports one man, you term it tribal. Can you tell me what's happening in the NW and the SW.?
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by igboboy1(m): 3:50am On Mar 31, 2011
odua peeps sef , they want everything for themselves i never see
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Deliving: 6:28am On Mar 31, 2011
Dont vote sharia lord, dont vote the circle of doom, dont vote religious fanatic, dont vote a military man, dont vote for the northern agenda. Goodluck Nigerians
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Ade1966(m): 6:54am On Mar 31, 2011
What is the quality required of a Vice President? If you ask me, I will say time and time again, there is no better Vice Presidential material than the bold, principled Pastor Tunde Bakare.

Come to think of it- Obasanjo's interest in dropping Pastor Bakare was a personal vendetta not National Interest. Then for somebody to insult my intelligence that Babangida will support Buhari is like living in Fantasy Island. Who is fooling who?

Buhari may not be an academic Ph.D holder BUT He is a Man of FOCUS, not easily moved by material or greek gift. With due respect, Mrs. Iweala is not made for the Nigerian Vice Presidential Post but will get my full support to come back as our Finance Minister with her vast experience, unlike the 'Agangas' we have now.

The future of Nigeria should START Now with the Buhari/Bakare ticket. The Time is NOW.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Adanora: 8:17am On Mar 31, 2011
u people are just jobless. LIARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Ngozi does nt belong to BUHARI Class. Buhari cant even dream of it not to DAREEEEEEEEE. Who is Buhari to do dat. somebody dat cant make clear sentence in English wants to pick Ngozi as running mate MUMU. D best he can do is dat prohet of DOOM Bakare. LOSER
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Diligence: 8:21am On Mar 31, 2011
The same Buhari that overthrew Shagari/Ekwueme, so that the latter wldn't hv the opportunity of leadg during that era of serious reconciliation - in fact Buhari's emergence was somewhat a cog in the wheel of the progress the, that same Buhari also denied an internationally experienced hand such as Okonjo-Iweala the VP ticket; let him be assured that NDI-IGBO votes will go 100% to Jonathan/Sambo!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Dave6: 9:37am On Mar 31, 2011
As Seun rightly said @ the OP, it's very likely that the story isn't true. But if by chance it is, then there is a part missing by either the narrator (Pastor Bakare) or the journalist was just another quack:
Since P. Bakare claimed he sought for the opportunity to leave Nigerian politics and such an opportunity (for him and for his very beloved country) for a vibrant candidate to take the position of VP came along, WHAT WAS HIS RESPONSE TO BUHARI WHO ASKED HIM WHETHER HE WAS READY TO DO JUST THAT?

Secondly, isn't Okonjo-Iweala a Nigerian and a person of her own?
If Obj/Ibb or whoever recommended her, so what? Was she qualified? Wasn't it a great opportunity for Buhari to demonstrate to Nigerians that the end to political 'godfatherism' had arrived and ensuring that Obj and co. would have no influence on individuals appointed to any office?  With his  'anticorruption stance', I don't even think anybody recommended by the 'devil' go wan enta office mess up!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by nateevs(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2011
Nigeria is not ready for any sort of development. Every political discussion always ends up in a tribal tussle. E.g.

Diligence:

that same Buhari also denied an internationally experienced hand such as Okonjo-Iweala the VP ticket; let him be assured that NDI-IGBO votes will go 100% to Jonathan/Sambo!

This poster will vote for a non-Igbo Presidential ticket solely for the reason that an opposing aspirant has denied an "Internationally Experienced Igbo Hand" a VP ticket. I am curious to know what the poster's decision will be if GEJ was the culprit that denied this same Igbo VP ticket. Would the poster have said something like . . . .

"GEJ is reh reh reh . . . did blah blah blah in 1980, not intelligent, wined and dined with corrupt PDP leaders for too long, and that same GEJ also denied an internationally experienced hand such as Okonjo-Iweala the VP ticket; let him be assured that NDI-IGBO votes will go 100% to Buhari/Bakare!" ?

If it's true that the poster would have said the above, then this confirms my assertion that the reason many people vote is drenched in tribal sentiments.
If the poster would not have said the above, then don't post on a forum that you would not vote for someone because they have denied an Igbo ticket. It reeks of tribal sentiments.

Until the average Nigerian on the street is capable of rising above trivial tribal judgement and endorse or discard aspiring tickets on an intelligent level, I can't but conclude that Nigeria as a whole is very far away from National development. Unless someone sneaks into power from the back door and defies all odds!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by ideylaff: 10:15am On Mar 31, 2011
u people are just jobless. LIARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Ngozi does nt belong to BUHARI Class. Buhari cant even dream of it not to DAREEEEEEEEE. Who is Buhari to do dat. somebody dat cant make clear sentence in English wants to pick Ngozi as running mate MUMU. D best he can do is dat prophet of DOOM Bakare. LOSER

@ Adanora , bro Book no be everything my brother, na application matter,

in fact most of the book book people we know have failed us time and time again (Ajumogobia, Rilwan Lukman, Jubril Aminu, Jubril Martins Kuye, )

Go to The Emirates and see what their leaders are doing by having a vision and a drive that is married to the people who can deliver

when u put all these Harvard, Goldman Sachs, Oxford Scholar, bla bla bla in the 1st level of Government, sometimes, they are all Red taped in their ways, Seminar up Seminar/Conference ds and Conference that every week,  with no action,

But OBJ was fvcking her so tey de dey saw asoebi, Not so??

@  Rhino.5dm, naaaa,  Baba tried sha but he no happen, I'll give you and incident, i did some due diligence (free of charge, as a sacrifice for The Ministry of Finance during Okonjos tenure and I was very close to 3 of her so called Consultant PA's,

I got to know that OBJ was annoying to Okonjo by calling her very late in the night (unholy hours cos OBJ does do meetings till late in the night even with so called MD's of the Western Corporates who need his attention for some deal or the other,  (BP, Shell name them all, even Richard Branson has bn spotted waiting for the President for up to 6 hours in Aso)

Anyway back to the issue, one late night Baba called during our debt cancellation negotiation and said to Okonjo, (come over we are having a meeting with some people I want you to see, she goes, Baba it's late, this people can wait till the morning Baba

OBJ replies, Okonjoooo haba now, we aer paying you Dollars ooo, u need to be working 24/7 oooo, ok come and have a drink with them to get to know them and we can talk about issues bothering your ministry

This is the best time that I have since Im always dealing with politics during the day, Tafa balogun just left anyway and a few of your ministers are still waiting to see me.

Thats as much as OBJ tried, all throughout sha, she managed to keep BaBa OBJ at arms lenght,

Id say OBJ did or tried 1 out of every 15 women he came into contact with in his Government if you play a prominent role, things were that messy in Aso oooo
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by luluosas(m): 11:03am On Mar 31, 2011
Although this story may not be true after all but, I saw El-Rufai with Bakare on his campaign in Oyo, Ogbomosho and Ife. Again, during Jonathans' concluding campaign in Abuja last Saturday, OBJ publicly declared that Zoning is well and kicking in PDP. So, this leaves me in a strait position right now.
Nevertheless, thank God that Gen. Buhari did not played into OBJ's deadly traps.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by luluosas(m): 11:13am On Mar 31, 2011
Although this story may not be true after all but, I saw El-Rufai with Pastor Bakare on his campaign in Oyo, Ogbomosho and Ife this week. Again, during Jonathans' concluding campaign in Abuja last Saturday, OBJ publicly declared that Zoning is well and kicking in PDP. So, this leaves me in a strait position right now.
Nevertheless, thank God that Gen. Buhari did not played into OBJ's deadly traps. Honesty and Integrity personified. BB all the way.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by uglybetty: 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2011
Dav.e:

As Seun rightly said @ the OP, it's very likely that the story isn't true. But if by chance it is, then there is a part missing by either the narrator (Pastor Bakare) or the journalist was just another quack:
Since P. Bakare claimed he sought for the opportunity to leave Nigerian politics and such an opportunity (for him and for his very beloved country) for a vibrant candidate to take the position of VP came along, WHAT WAS HIS RESPONSE TO BUHARI WHO ASKED HIM WHETHER HE WAS READY TO DO JUST THAT?

Secondly, isn't Okonjo-Iweala a Nigerian and a person of her own?
If Obj/Ibb or whoever recommended her, so what? Was she qualified? Wasn't it a great opportunity for Buhari to demonstrate to Nigerians that the end to political 'godfatherism' had arrived and ensuring that Obj and co. would have no influence on individuals appointed to any office? With his 'anticorruption stance', I don't even think anybody recommended by the 'devil' go wan enta office mess up!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by ideylaff: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2011
You are crazy. You are sick, I guess you are on hard drugs? What kind of drug are you on? Mumu

Easy ooo softly softly, r u "OKO" N JOooo on NL,
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by debosky(m): 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2011
nuzo:

Honestly,I absolutely dont see nothing wrong with supporting Buhari for all the right reasons. However, it becomes hyper-hypocritical to shut down those Igbos using ethnicity and religion as their basis for supporting GEJ even when most Hausas and some Yorubas are supporting Buhari for exactly the same reasons.

Quite insightful comments nuzo. . . . .consciously or subconsciously, people are letting the choice on who to support be dominated to a great extent by their tribal affiliations.

The tribal differences are only becoming more apparent this time around because the 'neutralisation' of tribal affiliation by ensuring the maincandidates are either all yoruba/hausa or hausa/south south do not apply this time.

There is a straight fight between North and South, interlaced with some southern divisions as well. While I don't think this is good for national unity, it will be a true test of whether people can actually look beyond their tribal background and make a (partially objective) choice.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 31, 2011
I am Igbo and proud

I also understand that the effects of corruption and poverty does not have tribal or religious boundaries.

Please Please Please vote against corruption

Vote for Buhari /CPC
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by daqskin: 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2011
As Delta Igbo,
there is no such thing as Delta igbo, i repeat no such thing as Delta igbo
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by aspabay(m): 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2011
Nlanders and fake stories,
I bet this story is completely untrue. FACTS
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by pokur: 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2011
Beware of the Greeks and the gifts they bear.That sums up my reaction to that story and i believe Buhari got it.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Seun(m): 3:22am On Apr 01, 2011
Maybe he just personally hates the men and it has nothing to do with integrity.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 3:56am On Apr 01, 2011
Why I'm Buhari's Running Mate - Dr. Chuba Okadigbo
21 January 2003

Enugu — FORMER Senate President and Vice Presidential candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), Dr. Chuba Okadigbo says his acceptance to be General Muhammadu Buhari's running mate is the shortest way the Igbo can produce a Nigerian president. Okadigbo who arrived Enugu weekend to commence his campaign tour of the South East said his acceptance to run was the shortest road to the presidency for Ndigbo in the right of the reality on the ground. If Obasanjo/Atiku continue by winning this election in the event of that hypothetical absurdity, it will mean eight years of Obasanjo, eight years of the presidency in the South, so that when it goes to the North, there will be another eight years and Igbo people will have been without the presidency for sixteen (16) years," he said.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200301210288.html

ANPP - Ume-Ezeoke Remains Buhari's Running-Mate
30 January 2007

Abuja — The All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) said yesterday that its National Chairman, Chief Edwin Ume-Ezeoke remains the running mate of its flag-bearer, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd).

A statement from the party's national secretariat in Abuja signed by its National Director of Publicity, Alhaji Ibrahim Modibbo, said: "The choice of the Vice Presidential candidate of our great party remains the prerogative of our Presidential candidate and Chief Ume-Ezeoke who parades an envious political profile as a leader with mass grassroots appeal, high integrity and commitment towards the entrenchment of viable and vibrant democratic culture remains on the ticket".

http://allafrica.com/stories/200701310032.html

Why I picked Bakare my running mate’
22/03/2011

I recognized Bakare as a highly principled person. He is very courageous, loyal and patriotic. I was impressed how he organized the Save Nigeria Group (SNG). When there was a constitutional crisis about succession –when our late brother former President Musa Yar’Adua was sick, Bakare mobilize people and went to the National Assembly and protested –that the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria is absolutely clear about succession. That is Bakare for you. So, I couldn’t get a better partner than Bakare. And if you could recall, I personally signed a letter, when I was in the National Democratic Initiative with Bafarawa and Atiku then. We said there was no problem about succession; that nobody should try to cause confusion in Nigeria. And later, when we became National Democratic Movement (NDM), which included Bafarawa, Atiku, Bola Tinubu, Path Utomi among others, again, we wrote to the senate; we went and saw the senate president, and we took a copy to the leader of the House. We did so because we didn’t want anybody to bring any problem by confusing Nigerians.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/politics/31390.html

Those suggesting tribalism ought to calm down and think carefully !
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by 9ijaMan: 7:16am On Apr 01, 2011
Seun:

Maybe he just personally hates the men and it has nothing to do with integrity.

Haba Seun!!! undecided undecided undecided

Has the PDP bribery machine reached you too. It seems you are now on GEJ's pay list as these your comments are indeed suspect o!

Don't forget that once the elections are over, you are bound to squander whatever you collect and may lose your own integrity along the way. If you keep at it, NL may lose it's appeal. I'd advice you to safeguard and cherish what you have o! These unguarded statements will make you and your business lose credibility.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by gadogado(m): 8:36am On Apr 01, 2011
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Seun(m): 9:17am On Apr 01, 2011
So I'm not allowed to even suggest that Buhari is not necessarily a perfectly righteous man?
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by ak47mann(m): 9:19am On Apr 01, 2011
seun
forget this people they get short memories cool cool we need a true leader wink wink
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by 9ijaMan: 11:28am On Apr 01, 2011
Seun:

So I'm not allowed to even suggest that Buhari is not necessarily a perfectly righteous man?
You are allowed to hold opinions and even make suggestions. The onus lies on you to ensure that your suggestions are backed up with facts and not falsehood, lies and deceptions. You may own NL, but your words are certainly not sacrosanct!
Joining the fray of those falsehood and deception peddlers on NL will only do more damage to your business than any good. You have labored hard to achieve what you have, following this path of misrepresenting the truth will only bring you short term returns but a lifetime of misery. Take my advise bro, I've been there and seen it all.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Odunnu: 12:06pm On Apr 01, 2011
What lies has he told? When aisha2 and Jarus literally forced that coupist and lying tongued pastor on us on Seun's NL,you were jubilating abi?
Abeg take a walk here and answer some very vital questions raised.Dont deny you didnt see the thread. Remember,dont get violent with words.Thank you.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-635376.msg8030275;topicseen#
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by igboboy1(m): 7:36am On Apr 02, 2011
daqskin:

there is no such thing as Delta igbo, i repeat no such thing as Delta igbo

No mind am, I am an igbo from delta period,
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by tlops(m): 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2011
Seun:

no body is "righteous " when it comes to Nigeria's politics so far, but the likes of Buhari had manage to raise the bar slightly above mediocrity.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by cjfavour(m): 12:12am On Apr 04, 2011
i wonder about the type of brain some ppl have.The article says OBJ suggested Ngozi.Ngozi and Obj are nt in goo terms.remember how she left his govt.2,Obj again.you want buhari to make a deal with OBJ? God forbid.The fight is against what OBJ did in govt and the plan to probe him and you ppl want him to b Buhari god father.No to OBJ and no to PDP.Buhari know better.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 04, 2011
cjfavour:

i wonder about the type of brain some ppl have.The article says OBJ suggested Ngozi.Ngozi and Obj are nt in goo terms.remember how she left his govt.2,Obj again.you want buhari to make a deal with OBJ? God forbid.The fight is against what OBJ did in govt and the plan to probe him and you ppl want him to b Buhari god father.No to OBJ and no to PDP.Buhari know better.

Dude, what is your point or what are you trying to say? I suggest you type in English before they ban you for breaking one of NL's rules:

[b]PROPER [/b]ENGLISH LANGUAGE ONLY
Please use standard, proper, and clear English at all times when publicly discussing topics on the Nairaland Forum.  If you must use other languages, create a special topic for that language in the culture section.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu's Phone Number / Governor Kashim Shettima Interacting With Poor Masses (Photos) / No Serious Vice President Hawks N10,000, PDP Tells Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.