Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate (12678 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Why Buhari Rejected Wali As Acting INEC Chairman - PM News / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Look-Alike (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Seun(m): 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
So we won? Is it over/
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by cap28: 3:20am On Jun 25, 2011
nigerians have got to be the most ignorant set of human beings on the face of this planet!

Has anyone bothered to research Okonjo Iweala's economic policies and who they benefit? no

Has anyone bothered to research Buhari's economic policies and who they bnefited when he was in power in the 80s? no

Buhari will go down in history as one of the only nigerian heads of states who rejected IMF recommendations to devalue the naira and sell off the bulk of nigerian public services to foreign investors - now lets compare that to traitor Okonjo Iweala who masterminded one of the biggest daylight robberies in modern history when she handed over $12billion dollars for a supposed debt vastly made up of inflated interest to a bunch of wolves aka the paris club - and this is the woman that nigerians wanted as a running mate to Buhari!!!

Keep allowing yourselves to be used and abused by these traitors - all of you deserve what you get.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2011
cap28,
your comments is very interesting.
I always knew OBJ government is a western nations (white man's) stooge angry

Please explain the 12 billion was made up of inflated interest?
were the interest rate legal?
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by omoalaro: 10:34pm On Jun 25, 2011
Quote from: Seun on March 30, 2011, 11:12 AM
There are two troubling things I learned about Buhari/Bakare from the following story, told by Bakare:https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-633717.0.html
http://www.facebook.com/notes/cee-won/casting-demons-out-of-bakare-by-dimgba-igwe-of-daily-sun/200852143269405

My two areas of concern are:

1) Buhari was presented with a running mate who was better in every way: an experienced economist, former finance minister who convinced western countries to forgive Nigeria's debt, former world bank VP, and not corrupt. As an Igbo woman, she would appeal to southerners and progressives, and with Obasanjo's support, they could win the South-West. But Buhari preferred a pastor of a small church as running mate, even though the pastor wasn't complaining. Is this good judgment? Or was the man just put off by the idea of running with an Igbo woman?

2) Bakare was indirectly given the option of resigning to make way for a better vice-presidential candidate, and he didn't take it. He agreed that Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was a better candidate, but he wouldn't step down unless asked to. Why was that? Its troubling.

Seun, anybody in his right senses will reject such an advice outright especially coming from an OBJ.
It has nothing to do with where the woman comes from.
If this story is true. It has confirmed my believe in Gen. Buhari as a man who could have taken us out of this quandary if he had been given the chance. He remain for me the best leader Nigeria has produced.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by cap28: 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2011
GenBuhari:

cap28,
your comments is very interesting.
I always knew OBJ government is a western nations (white man's) stooge angry

Please explain the 12 billion was made up of inflated interest?
were the interest rate legal?

the $12 billion was arrived at after the nigerian govt asked for a reduction on the initial outstanding debt which was $30billion.  The Paris club (19 western creditor nations) agreed to reduce the outstanding debt owed to $12 billion. 

Here is an excerpt from an article written by a nigerian journalist in 2005 regarding the amount that nigeria actually owed international creditors and how much had been paid:

Let's take another look at the unfolding scenario. According to government statistics, the principal amount we owe is $19 billion. Over the years, we have paid $42 billion, mostly interests and penalties, and despite that, we are still owing about $35 billion - with the Paris Club alone accounting for $30 billion. Shouldn't we be glad, then, that we'll pay only $12 billion and get $18 billion written off forever and ever?

I'm sorry to say this: I am not glad. By simple arithmetic, our creditors have used a $19 billion loan to make $23 billion "profit" from us so far (that is $42 billion minus $19 billion). If we still owe $35 billion then, it means they would be making a "cool profit" of $58 billion on the $19 billion principal. We have re-paid the original loan over and over again. They have already recovered the debts and it is just interests we are dealing with now, as far as I am concerned. This, to my mind, is the mindset with which we must approach the debt issue.

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2005/jul/201.html

According to the above analysis, we actually paid off  the principal debt which was $19 billion a long time ago but continued to service the same debt by way of interest payments.  the western financial organsiations have actually made a $35 billion PROFIT on the original  sum loaned to us ($23billion + $12billion) so what we really should have asked for was debt cancellation of the outstanding balance of $30 billion NOT a reduction.

The legality of the interest rates are open to interpretation - they might be consisered legal to the creditors but in my view i consider them to be illegal because they are not a true representation of what you actually owe, they comprise of vastly inflated interest payments which continue to accrue whether or not the debtor is capable of paying the loan off or not - in my view they are another way for the creditor nations to subvert the economic sovereignty of a nation and steal away valuable foreign reserves and other assets , if you cant pay, the creditor nations simply turns around and says okay i am willing to write off some of this debt but first you are going to have to let me come in and take over your economy, you're also going to have to sell  various public assets to me for next to nothing  - (virgin nigeria), you're going to have to sell off your utilities - PHCN, you're going to have to sell off vasts tracts of arable land for pennies and then i will write off the balance of what you owe me.

If you refuse to pay - the western international organisations impose an economic blockade on your country.
This is why Buhari's return to politics was a definite no no for the west, during his tenure in office he was unwilling to hand nigeria's economy over to the IMF and for that reason he was forced out and replaced with a willing collaborator - IBB.  When the nigerian people could no longer carry on under the misery of IBB he was forced to stage elections to handover to MKO, but MKO was not  wanted by the western powers because of his radical stance on reparations for slavery and colonialism therefore a more suitable person had to be found and that person was abacha.  but even abacaha was unwilling to totally hand nigeria over to the neo colonisalists - this is where OBJ came into the picture. 
As soon as OBJ assumed office in 1999 he began to negotiate the so called debt releif package which resulted in nigeria handing over an eye watering $12billion dollars (within one year!!) for a  "reduced" debt to the paris club along with an agreement to sell off the entire public utilities and other valuable nigerian assets to western multinationals and international financial organsiations.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2011
@cap28,
Thanks .
You are spot on about IMF and America not wanting Buhari , in fact Iam convinced that that Buhari would have won a free and fair election in 2011, hence the reason I think American government and media (CNN etc )were very quick to declare those rigged elections free and fair, and mumu Nigerian public accept the rigged elections without protest angry

However I think US were not intending Abacha to take power, I think that is why Abacha was poisoned by foreign agents.

OBJ was the ideal western nation's stooge, he devalued our currency 500%, closed down our national airline, gave away our valuable land ( Bakassi). Shameful thief! angry
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by XueRengui: 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2014
Eye opener

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Files Counter-Suit, Asks Court To Sack Tambuwal / Abba Kyari, Lai Mohammed & Others Visit Victims Of IDP Camp Bombing In Hospital / Supplementary Elections: PDP Criticises Buhari On Neutrality Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.