Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate (12675 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Why Buhari Rejected Wali As Acting INEC Chairman - PM News / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Look-Alike (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jason123: 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2011
vicenzo:

Now this is what happens when a deranged impostor smokes ganja,dude your are suffering from verbal diarrhoea,i cant read this your crap.

Obviously, that was the expected reaction from a tribal bitter moro.n. Go ahead! UP GEJ for a better future!!!!!

[size=14pt]Fresh air 2011! UP GOODLUCK! Goodluck to you oooo!!!!![/size]
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Rhino5dm: 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2011
Can't you see the highest political office they are holding is Deputy senate fvcking president.

Even the little PDP chairman,Police IG and INEC chairman theyare holding was giving to the NORTH courtesy of GEJ.

They are worthless and of no use, politically.

jason123:

I have nothing against Iwela and I am sure many people feel the same way. I wished ACN had chosen her but they did not so . . . . . life moves on!
She surely deserves some credit and I certainly respect her. cool
As for my origin, DO NOT GO DOWN THAT ROUTE!  angry
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jason123: 10:13pm On Mar 30, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Can't you see the highest political office they are holding is Deputy senate fvcking president.

Even the little PDP chairman,Police IG and INEC chairman theyare holding was giving to the NORTH courtesy of GEJ.

May we dey watch ooo!!! [size=14pt]As for now, UP GEJ!!!! Fresh air 2011[/size] He is who our conutry need right now. After that, we will go back to "zoning" as OBJ said early this week! I doff my hat for the SS. God bless the SS!!!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by EzeUche(m): 10:15pm On Mar 30, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Even the little PDP chairman,Police IG and INEC chairman theyare  holding was giving to the NORTH courtesy of GEJ.

And your point?  Igbos are still supporting him, and this is the base of his support. He had to find a major ethnicity to support him, and he found the Igbo. Most of us are happy with him so why do you care?

Frankly, the average Igbo man does not give a dammn about politics. A few misguided Igbo "elites" are screaming for the presidency but the majority of Igbos have come to the realization that just because a member of your group is an elected official, does not mean you will get dividends.

Seems like you have a lot to learn. What will a Hausa man becoming president do for you personally? Your region is still the poorest region in the federation. After all these years, you all have nothing to show for it, but ignorance and poverty.

You can't blame the Igbos for your dammn problem. Maybe you should look to your leaders and ask them what they have done with the money. Or better yet, go ask Sani Abacha's son who is running for political office. grin

There is no hope for you people.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by kennyitak: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2011
supposing he(buhari) consented to bringing Iweala on board as VP, anti buhari wud still av criticized him as a weak leader who doesnt av a mind of his own.but now he objected, and some think he is been heady.BB all the way!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by mbulela: 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2011
If this story is true, then my vote is secured in this man.
Whether he wins or not i will be proud to tell my unborn child that i voted for a man of conviction who is not easily swayed by feeble words of every Dick, tom and Harry.
At least he will not invite independence bombers to become senior officials of his campaign weeks after declaring them masterminds of one of the most shameful acts in this country.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by mbulela: 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2011
I think Iweala would do better returning as finance minister.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by vicenzo(m): 10:30pm On Mar 30, 2011
This is just the reason why in steped in,from 1999 to now,most of the things that worked in nigeria were spear headed by igbos,from dora to soludo,ezekwesili,ndukwe,okonjo,etc,but before our eyes these great people's achievements have been painted black,first soludo,emeagwali then dora and now ngozi,call me a tribalist if you like,but if i dont look out for my tribe then who will?
jason123:

Another ode-marudeen has joined the banter.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jason123: 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2011
vicenzo:

This is just the reason why in steped in,from 1999 to now,most of the things that worked in nigeria were spear headed by igbos,from dora to soludo,ezekwesili,ndukwe,okonjo,etc,but before our eyes these great people's achievements have been painted black,first soludo,emeagwali then dora and now ngozi,call me a tribalist if you like,but if i dont look out for my tribe then who will?

Now that you are calm, we can reason together as brothers and fellow country men.

The economic spearheading was done by the OBJ (same yorubas you hate and despise) to allow igbos greater roles in the society, that I do not have problem with. If we all look out for our individual ethnic groups, then who will look out for the country??The ethnic lines are already burred. Take a look at Lagos and maybe port harcourt,Lagos is a multi ethnic society where tribalism has no place. See the way it change from just an economic center to building its own island. Lagos is the epitome of what Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas can do when they are detribalised.
But my eastern brother, when we start playing tribal politics and ethnocentric games, then we will only result back to 1967 (I do not pray for that) and we Nigerians (whether yorubas, isoko, ijaw, hausas, igbos etc) will lose everything.
On the issue of presidency, I am SURE many people do not care anymore about where the president comes from as long as he does well. Anybody that can remove OBJ's god fatherism and corruption will do the nation a whole lot of good. When the nation starts functioning with a bit of morals then we can start the proper development because my bother, development will not come as long as corruption is our bane.

We should not tribalise the position of presidency. It will do us more harm than good. It will sow ethnic hatred and mistrust. It might even lead to something we all do not want.

Vote for whoever you like but please do not based it on ethnic judgments as most igbos are doing now. Even the SS are not as crazily tribal as some igbo are about GEJ. I just do not want a region or the whole country to regret their actions. Thank you
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Rhino5dm: 10:50pm On Mar 30, 2011
Let me correct your stvpidity for once.

AM FROM ONDO STATE(A niger deltan state), WE HAVE OIL,GAS AND VERY LARGE %OF BUTMEN. that said.

Again for your another stvpidity, the north have the following. . .

Vp.
Inec chairman
cbn govornor
police IG
PDP chairman.
Fct minister.
SSG
senate president.
Dupety house speaker. Infact they never had it so juicy than this grin grin grin

. . .And igbos have what?? The usual use them and dump them grin grin grin
For your last stvpidity, you think after GEJ Namadi sambo won't take over?? I just pity your ibotic sense of reasoning.

EzeUche:

And your point?  Igbos are still supporting him, and this is the base of his support. He had to find a major ethnicity to support him, and he found the Igbo. Most of us are happy with him so why do you care?

Frankly, the average Igbo man does not give a dammn about politics. A few misguided Igbo "elites" are screaming for the presidency but the majority of Igbos have come to the realization that just because a member of your group is an elected official, does not mean you will get dividends.

Seems like you have a lot to learn. What will a Hausa man becoming president do for you personally? Your region is still the poorest region in the federation. After all these years, you all have nothing to show for it, but ignorance and poverty.

[b]You can't blame the Igbos for your dammn problem. Maybe you should look to your leaders and ask them what they have done with the money. Or better yet, go ask Sani Abacha's son who is running for political office. grin[/b]There is no hope for you people.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by pdpfund101: 10:51pm On Mar 30, 2011
so this thieves are already afraid of BB ticket! They now need sumone they will use
to co-ordinate Buhari knowing the fact that Bakare will never play along with them once
elected. No way! BB all d way
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Rhino5dm: 10:53pm On Mar 30, 2011
. . .In addition, GEJ is still pledging more juicy post to the NORTH.

Hate yourself for all i care una don carry last in Nigerian scheming of things.

In your sleep if you ever dreamed about igbos equalling the NORTH then go for deliverance!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by EzeUche(m): 11:14pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^^

Yet, we do not suffer from the chronic poverty that can be seen in the North and SW.

It feels good to be Igbo, when we have people like Chinua Achebe, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Pat Utomi.

God bless Igboland. And God bless the South-South. GEJ all the way.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by vicenzo(m): 11:38pm On Mar 30, 2011
Equal the north? No way,we cant equal them in poverty,we cant equal them in illiteracy(go and check jamb application list and the thread:NIGERIA ACADEMIA IN DIASPORA and see who is leading),presidency or not,we rule,you watched super eagles recently? Guess who have been puting smile on the face of nigerians,we are the salt of this country and right now we need a FRESH AIR.
Rhino.5dm:

. . .In addition, GEJ is still pledging more juicy post to the NORTH.

Hate yourself for all i care una don carry last in Nigerian scheming of things.

In your sleep if you ever dreamed about igbos equalling the NORTH then go for deliverance!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jason123: 11:47pm On Mar 30, 2011
vicenzo:

Equal the north? No way,we cant equal them in poverty,we cant equal them in illiteracy(go and check jamb application list and the thread:NIGERIA ACADEMIA IN DIASPORA and see who is leading),presidency or not,we rule,you watched super eagles recently? Guess who have been puting smile on the face of nigerians,we are the salt of this country and right now we need a FRESH AIR.

Evvery group is equally as important as the Igbos, believe it or not. The igbo may have a good comparative advantage in sports but other groups too have a comparative advantage in other sports and spheres of life. Self-importance does not help.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Rhino5dm: 11:50pm On Mar 30, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
Rich with red mud Abi??

Can you guys get back to 'rich east'??

you are busy parasiting on people land your here spewing thrash.

continue your labour and shall wait for abondone properties grin grin grin

EzeUche:

^^^

Yet, we do not suffer from the chronic poverty that can be seen in the North and SW.

It feels good to be Igbo, when we have people like Chinua Achebe, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Pat Utomi.

God bless Igboland. And God bless the South-South. GEJ all the way.

Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 30, 2011
EzeUche:

Do not get upset with me for speaking the truth. Or are you upset, because someone is calling you a liar and a fake Itsekiri?

Either way, Dr. Okonjo-Iweala is above this nonsense. Reading some of these comments, Nigerians deserves the leaders that they get.

The Iron Lady credentials cannot be denied.

You guys seem to be having hard times reading and understanding the usual "Nigerian Game". . . their favorite past time.

Check out what one of the "PHDs" wrote below:

No mind OBJ jare, he just made us dissect Okonjo for nothing, poor woman,

@Op

Like someone noted earlier, you seem to be achieving what you set out to achieve. . . to indirectly stir up comments in support of BB. It doesnt have to matter where the story used to stir up these comments are coming from. Tho in other issues, the sources of stories like this becomes the basis for the debate, not the content. undecided

Take some time to check out the headline again. . . Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate. Now, how do you think the debate would look like if you see a topic like. . . .GEJ rejects Buhari's wife as running mate, against Bakare's advice?

@Nlanders and Nigerians.

As much as I in my little way will work to making sure that the best man wins, its so clear that ethnicity and religion will be the deciding factors in the April presidential election.
Before the selection of Bakere as Buhari's running mate, lots of the people here believed that Buhari was worst than a thousand of GEJs put together. Not sooner than Buhari chose Bakere, these same dudes switch their opinion over night and immediately concluded that Buhari is the Messiah of Nigeria. Shocking I say! shocked

Honestly,I absolutely dont see nothing wrong with supporting Buhari for all the right reasons. However, it becomes hyper-hypocritical to shut down those Igbos using ethnicity and religion as their basis for supporting GEJ even when most Hausas and some Yorubas are supporting Buhari for exactly the same reasons.

After all these hues and cries of change and how it could be achieved, Nigerians are still pretending not to know what their probs are. Very unfortunate indeed! shocked shocked angry
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by udezue(m): 12:08am On Mar 31, 2011
Buhari=Sexist, Bigot and Jihardist
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by 10cirenoh: 12:11am On Mar 31, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

I knew it. Igbos?? No wonder everybody tends to hate them plus they wont allow you buy house in the east and at theesame time claiming other people's own

when buhari was using the igbos for vp in 2003 and 2007, did you notice that even the igbos did not vote for him just as the way they boycott Ojukwu"s APGA??

Now, they yelling and screaming crap.

You guys should know that you cant worth more than your price tag.

fvcking OBJ thought buhari is ode like GEJ, prey tell the unexpected happen, then we shall all see.

fvcking nerds.

If he is a fool and despearate like mumu Jonathan, what do you think will happen??

Buhari is a hero even in his death. wait and see the number of people that will attend IBB and OBj fvcking burials.

Thank you.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by vicenzo(m): 12:15am On Mar 31, 2011
Guy cool down,your blood is boiling,you just need some FRESH AIR.
Rhino.5dm:

shocked shocked shocked
Rich with red mud Abi??

Can you guys get back to 'rich east'??

you are busy parasiting on people land your here spewing thrash.

continue your labour and shall wait for abondone properties grin grin grin

Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by AljUche: 12:27am On Mar 31, 2011
vicenzo:

sharrp dia
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by AljUche: 12:28am On Mar 31, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

I knew it. Igbos?? No wonder everybody tends to hate them plus they wont allow you buy house in the east and at theesame time claiming other people's own

when buhari was using the igbos for vp in 2003 and 2007, did you notice that even the igbos did not vote for him just as the way they boycott Ojukwu"s APGA??

Now, they yelling and screaming crap.

You guys should know that you cant worth more than your price tag.

fvcking OBJ thought buhari is ode like GEJ, prey tell the unexpected happen, then we shall all see.

fvcking nerds.

If he is a fool and despearate like mumu Jonathan, what do you think will happen??

Buhari is a hero even in his death. wait and see the number of people that will attend IBB and OBj fvcking burials.

gbammm

thank you

this is what mu igbo brothers need to see
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by vicenzo(m): 12:31am On Mar 31, 2011
And your point is?
10cirenoh:

Thank you.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Rhino5dm: 12:39am On Mar 31, 2011
No wahala. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Blow me some fresh air. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

vicenzo:

. . .When GEJ wins, we will hijacked him from the fools sorrounding him. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by AljUche: 12:40am On Mar 31, 2011
vicenzo:

And your point is?

My point is; you talk too much.

why not wait and think, listen to the voice of reasonening

it is not about fulani, igbo yoruba,.,.,., it about development

the tribalistic politics we have been playing has pulled the country backward rather than forward

think of it this way, if buhari develops the north and SW as you claim, it means those areas will still need igbos

we igbos just need to look inward and ask ourself "if lagos, abuja or even sokoto is developed, we are still going to benefit from this"

so whether it is a yoruba vp, ijaw vp etc buhari is still the man to vote for wink smiley
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jason123: 12:41am On Mar 31, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

No wahala. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Blow me some fresh air. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

. . .When GEJ wins, we will hijacked him from the fools sorrounding him.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That is exactly why I am laughing! He will probably be hijacked by the SW,SS and North WHEN he wins this election.  cheesy cheesy cheesy . Na wa for this geographical expression called Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by vicenzo(m): 12:45am On Mar 31, 2011
Alj Uche:

sharrp dia
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by AljUche: 12:47am On Mar 31, 2011
vicenzo:

Alj Uche:

My point is; you talk too much.

why not wait and think, listen to the voice of reasonening

it is not about fulani, igbo yoruba,.,.,., it about development

the tribalistic politics we have been playing has pulled the country backward rather than forward

think of it this way, if buhari develops the north and SW as you claim, it means those areas will still need igbos

we igbos just need to look inward and ask ourself "if lagos, abuja or even sokoto is developed, we are still going to benefit from this"

so whether it is a yoruba vp, ijaw vp etc buhari is still the man to vote for wink smiley
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by vicenzo(m): 12:53am On Mar 31, 2011
Alj Uche:

sharrp dia
ewu awusa,who opened the gate for you?
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by 10cirenoh: 1:42am On Mar 31, 2011
vicenzo:

And your point is?

Is your eye missing?
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by vicenzo(m): 1:49am On Mar 31, 2011
Hmm,seems like everybody wants fresh,imagine they are planing to hijack him,then why shout BB,looks like only the igbo is enjoying the fresh air while others are planing to hijack him,breaking news:FRESH AIR is for all nigerians.
jason123:

That is exactly why I am laughing! He will probably be hijacked by the SW,SS and North WHEN he wins this election.  cheesy cheesy cheesy . Na wa for this geographical expression called Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by ektbear: 1:50am On Mar 31, 2011
Dunno why anyone is dissing Okonjo-Iweala, she is amazing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

United States Assistance To Nigeria Delayed By Absence Of Ministers / How Nigeria Lost N2.5b To Fake Ceasefire Brokered By Presidential Aides In Chad / Audu Never Stole Kogi’s N11bn – Melaye Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.