Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Wife Moved Out Of Home - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Moved Out Of Home (2785 Views)

Wife Captured On Camera Running Out Of Home As She Refuses "To Do" More (video) / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Moved Out Of Home by westlius(m): 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2021
wilblanc1984:

I have never been physical or cheated on her.....its all about them wanting to control my marriage
I trust na Igbo gal u marry?
That's y i do avoid them in relationships
Re: Wife Moved Out Of Home by jelel6: 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2021
Olive25:
I think if your wife left home, then she had important reasons for it.
Mostly women are very loyal and patient, and if she still dares to leave you, then you have done something that she can no longer tolerate.
It is very interesting that you did not describe why she left. I think you're hiding it because you know it's your fault. Maybe you insulted her, or even beat her.
I don't think the brothers came for no reason. I think she called them to feel more secure.
If she wants a divorce, it means that your relationship can no longer be saved. Leave her alone and live on.

Loyal and patient? Errh undecided Hard to agree there.

But I'll agree women do endure shiit they can't change.
Re: Wife Moved Out Of Home by wilblanc1984: 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2021
westlius:

I trust na Igbo gal u marry?
That's y i do avoid them in relationships
Yes you are correct sad
Re: Wife Moved Out Of Home by FloraEC(f): 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2021
wilblanc1984:

The issue is too much family interferences from her side and they want to control everything we do in our marriage. They want to have me under their control. There is nothing that happens or decision we need to make as spouses that her family isn't aware of and tries to influence

Please can you explain how her family is trying to control everything in your home?
How do they want to have you under her control?

A woman can't leave her home without any good reason
Re: Wife Moved Out Of Home by thorpido(m): 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2021
Did you marry a lady from a well-to-do family?Is it an inter-tribal marriage?

If there is no abuse or cheating as you said,then something is terribly wrong with your wife and her family.
Let them be for the time being while you explore means of reconciliation.
Re: Wife Moved Out Of Home by Hathor5(f): 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2021
wilblanc1984:
Is it a taboo for my wife to pack her things out of our matrimonial home. Her brother and brother-in-law came to move all her items including some of mine. Is this also a curse on their head for helping in breaking our marriage due to external family influence and control from her family in our marriage?

What triggered this reaction?

A spouse moving in and out is a very bad sign. Your marriage is very fragile at this point. If you want to get advice, you need to tell the whole story though. So what had happened before she moved out?
Re: Wife Moved Out Of Home by iamL(f): 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2021
wilblanc1984:

The issue is too much family interferences from her side and they want to control everything we do in our marriage. They want to have me under their control. There is nothing that happens or decision we need to make as spouses that her family isn't aware of and tries to influence

A woman left her marriage because of this To the extent of inviting her brothers over? There is more to this story.
Re: Wife Moved Out Of Home by Micval: 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Richy4:
OGA... HABA!!! You needed a breathing space to cool off, she too needed same... or do you want to suffocate because u want to retain the status married?

Please let her cool off and think, while you do same... if there's something to salvage from it, it will work better with clear head... This is the best time to think about the relationship... not to apportion blame from external parties... ask yourself nice questions like do I want to continue?,....WHY SHOULD I EVEN CONTINUE IN THIS RELATIONSHIP?.. if I do want to continue, what should I do to make it work? what Have I not done that I needed to do to make it work...? etc...

N.B: I don't care about what transpired between both of you but I must say that i like the parent of the girl already... they don't want their daughter to end up in a coffin because of "MRS" Status..

Most marriage needs this space
Re: Wife Moved Out Of Home by Ganjafama(m): 12:20am On Jan 08, 2021
There's something the op is not telling us. He should come out clean if he wants proper advice.

1 Like

Re: Wife Moved Out Of Home by Chiquitq(f): 11:19am On Jan 09, 2021
You must have done very bad things to her

Don't bother about if it is a taboo or not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suspected Infidelity, Way Forward / Marriage: A Way For Most Nigerian Women To Escape Poverty? / Please I Need Legal Advice Concerning Divorce As The Respondent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.