Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys (1906 Views)

How Did You Later Discover You Were Dating Who Was Not Dating You? (photos) / I Hope I’m Not Dating A Corporate Olosho? Help, It’s My Girlfriend & Waist Beads / Who Is A Narcissist And How Are You Sure You Are Not Dating Or About To Date One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Abetterperson: 8:39pm On Jan 06, 2021
As a teen, I have a lot of expectations for my future, I was in my early teens when I promised myself that I wouldn't date a guy in my secondary school years, the reason was because I saw how a lot of girls turned out after dating the wrong guy and Nigeria is the type of country that has little respect for females. I studied hard and got my mental health in check, now that am done with my secondary school education I still don't want to date, one of the main reasons is because most guys my age are ill mannered and into internet fraud(I don't support Yahoo), some are into my physical appearance and find me boring because am way too introverted and am into politics and history. A friend advised me to wait till I get to the university to date but i don't think that will make any difference because the male friends I have that are already in the university are still into Yahoo and physical beauty, one of them even advised me to try and gain more fat in my butt because that's what will attract guys. according to him the bigger your butt the more attractive you are. so I decided not to date and to wait for the right person

Because I don't date Alot of people are calling me a lesbian even in my church, someone Even told me that am missing out on the experience and that I wouldn't know how to act in my future relationships

am I wrong not to date?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Deffjam: 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2021
Ur yansh too small, u don talk am finish!

3 Likes

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by nyiamfrank: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
Abetterperson:
As a teen, I have a lot of expectations for my future, I was in my early teens when I promised myself that I wouldn't date a guy in my secondary school years, the reason was because I saw how a lot of girls turned out after dating the wrong guy and Nigeria is the type of country that has little respect for females. I studied hard and got my mental health in check, now that am done with my secondary school education I still don't want to date, one of the main reasons is because most guys my age are ill mannered and into internet fraud(I don't support Yahoo), some are into my physical appearance and find me boring because am way to introverted and am into politics and history and I love talking about them. A friend advised me to wait till I get to the university to date but i don't think that will make any difference because the male friends I have that are already in the university are still into Yahoo and physical beauty, one of them even advised me to try and gain more fat in my butt because that's what will attract guys. according to him the bigger your butt the more attractive you are. so I decided not to date and to wait for the right person

Because I don't date Alot of people are calling me a lesbian even in my church, someone Even told me that am missing out on the experience and that I wouldn't know how to act in my future relationships

am I wrong not to date?

yes
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by falcon01: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
how old are you? you sound matured though. You shouldn't be thinking about boys at this point, focus on your study and Career. And if you happen to fall In love just make sure your Brain is functioning proper so that you wont go and Enjoy your life and miss the opportunity... f*ck am I saying? listen girl enjoy Life do what makes you happy, Just don't put your future in jeopardy, focus on your study, make mistakes but calculated mistakes just have fun. Note all this apply only if you are above 18 years.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Red7: 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2021
You are right. It's best not to date until University. Between your second year and final year you'll get better direction about how to go about it

1 Like

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Abetterperson: 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2021
Deffjam:
Ur yansh too small, u don talk am finish!

lolz. am slim but curving. that's not the point is my yansh supposed to be the foundation for a healthy relationship. don't get my post wrong I do get admirers but I don't date them because they are more interested in my body and how it will please their wants and desire than actually getting to no me.
it's like an exchange to them, they give u money and u give them sex, that's not a relationship it's prostitution

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Red7: 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2021
Abetterperson:

lolz. am slim but curving. that's not the point is my yansh supposed to be the foundation for a healthy relationship. don't get my post wrong I do get admirers but I don't date them because they are more interested in my body and how it will please their wants than actually getting to no me.
it's like an exchange to them, they give u money and u give them sex, that's not a relationship it's prostitution

You're smart..

Thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Cerebellum: 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2021
Lol...lol
Arindin post on a sweet evening

Nairaland and kolo and Arindin OPgrin
Chai! grin
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Deffjam: 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
Abetterperson:

lolz. am slim but curving. that's not the point is my yansh supposed to be the foundation for a healthy relationship. don't get my post wrong I do get admirers but I don't date them because they are more interested in my body and how it will please their wants and desire than actually getting to no me.
well said....but it will take time for you too really know some1....just watch and pray age dae go fa...

can we be friends?
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by DoubleEngine007: 9:07pm On Jan 06, 2021
Abetterperson:
As a teen, I have a lot of expectations for my future, I was in my early teens when I promised myself that I wouldn't date a guy in my secondary school years, the reason was because I saw how a lot of girls turned out after dating the wrong guy and Nigeria is the type of country that has little respect for females. I studied hard and got my mental health in check, now that am done with my secondary school education I still don't want to date, one of the main reasons is because most guys my age are ill mannered and into internet fraud(I don't support Yahoo), some are into my physical appearance and find me boring because am way to introverted and am into politics and history and I love talking about them. A friend advised me to wait till I get to the university to date but i don't think that will make any difference because the male friends I have that are already in the university are still into Yahoo and physical beauty, one of them even advised me to try and gain more fat in my butt because that's what will attract guys. according to him the bigger your butt the more attractive you are. so I decided not to date and to wait for the right person

am I wrong not to date?

Relationship at young age to me is distraction. Focus on developing yourself, the time you would have used in going to the guys place and all that,use the time to practice your skill. If you start dating now ,the tendency of you becoming a hoe soon is high. The person who told you ,that you're missing is just like Nigeria's current minister of information.I will advise you to run from such a demon.. Shalom!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2021
As a guy, I would advise you not to give in to those guys or ladies coming at you. They're all pretenders with no good intentions towards you. They just feel bad because you aren't like them that's why they engage in these conspiracy theories. Stay focused and you would turn out better and with a healthier relationship later, that I can assure you.

You're not weird. You're special. Be yourself and the right person would come around in due time which I feel wouldn't be long from now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Dreadlock69(m): 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
You are really missing a lot dear your teenage years is meant for you to explore yourself and how you body works. You may loving singing or writing novels or you maybe into acting.

And try having sex so you can know how your body works like you fantasy and dislike it's the new age your we are living in ,also you can try doing drugs like coloured pills , narcotics smoking , lacing weeds with some binge drinking if you are over 18 .try gambling also like have fun to your wildest dreams go to party and hookup ,one night stand is not a big deal this will help you build your self esteem

You are welcomegrin
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Thinkherbell(f): 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
My candid advice, don't date. Wait for the right person.

I'm telling you this because I've been here, and because of the pressures from friends, I decided to give in, up till today I'm in regrets.

Wait for the right time because it will surely come. And you'll be happy that you did.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Thinkherbell(f): 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
Dreadlock69:
You are really missing a lot dear your teenage years is meant for you to explore yourself and how you body works. You may loving singing or writing novels or you maybe into acting.

And try having sex so you can know how your body works like you fantasy and dislike it's the new age your we are living in ,also you can try doing drugs like coloured pills , narcotics smoking , lacing weeds with some binge drinking if you are over 18 .try gambling also like have fun to your wildest dreams go to party and hookup ,one night stand is not a big deal this will help you build your self esteem

You are welcomegrin

Please don't take this advise.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2021
Abetterperson:

am I wrong not to date?

4get Abt What People Think Of U. Just Be Urself, Simple.

1 Like

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by anthonyuncle(m): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2021
Abetterperson:

that is what the society have turned out to be.

don't just blame the guys. girls these days feel like they are entitled to anything they desire because of their body & physiognomy
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by davien(m): 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2021
There will always be regrets in your life, but one thing that's better than regret are lessons, some are good to have, some are bad. You are old enough to know good choices and find a responsible guy that you can date and have sex with because the older you get the less aware you are of the common norms or behaviour you should have towards the opposite sex, till you're alone at 45 waiting for Mr perfect or marry in a rush to a wife beater.
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2021
Thinkherbell:

Please don't take this advise.
please take that advise
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Ogbotobo77(m): 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2021
My friends call me a sapiosexual cos my discussions with 'em revolve around sociocultural and political issues...its very rare to find a woman interested in intellectual convos...u shd msg me if u are interested in having matured convos wink
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Tohsynetita1: 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
Abetterperson:

am I wrong not to date?

Don't try that now, a least get admission university or polytechnics first. A lot of dating these days no be dating na lusting, because most men need to log in to your system if you are dating them. Am a man and I must tell you the fact.
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by TheVictim01(m): 12:46am On Jan 07, 2021
Not trying to kiss some ass, but depending on your projected personality trait, you're beautiful.
Nb: I define 'beauty' being of the mind and heart.
Abetterperson:

am I wrong not to date?

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by cooooooks(m): 2:54am On Jan 07, 2021
You're not stupid but you're not special either.

We are 200 million people in Nigeria. Not even half, talk less of a majority, live the caricature that is painted on NL.

Wishing you continued happiness and success this year!

1 Like

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Fiscus105(m): 3:51am On Jan 07, 2021
Thank God you said you are teenager, at this stage, you are supposed to look straight to the future, how you will surmont big problems that are still ahead you, academic, career,marital etc.

All those people put pressure on you, only want you to be like them,..... Humans usually want others to join them for bad thing, but for the good they will be selfish that only them should attain such feast

My sister, 95% of human adults , are into problems they find themselves today, owing to the way they exploired their teenage years

I can give you several examples of people we were grown up together as teenagers who died, mad, struggling to feed owning to their excessive
waywardness in teenage years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 07, 2021
Abetterperson:

am I wrong not to date?

The right person is your colleague in yaba left.
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 07, 2021
Babe, focus on your studies. Get that degree. Hustle, if you can, save up and leave this country. Keep your eyes on the bag. Forget men exist for now. It's not worth the physical, emotional and financial stress.
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Stacyomolola(f): 10:13am On Jan 07, 2021
Chii59:
Babe, focus on your studies. Get that degree. Hustle, if you can, save up and leave this country. Keep your eyes on the bag. Forget men exist for now. It's not worth the physical, emotional and financial stress.
Baby its been a long time i came across your post, how have u been?
Happy 2021.
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Stacyomolola(f): 10:23am On Jan 07, 2021
Darl i advise u stick to your education(u will be glad u did) by the way which tertiary institute are u aiming at?
My first year in school i made some mistakes which i did rectify, i hope u dont make same, lots of love.

1 Like

Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Juliearth(f): 10:33am On Jan 07, 2021
Abetterperson:

am I wrong not to date?

You neither weird nor stupid. I think you should focus squarely on your studies once you get to the university because dating would be a distraction. You should only consider dating when you are emotionally matured for that.
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 07, 2021
Stacyomolola:

Baby its been a long time i came across your post, how have u been?
Happy 2021.
Happy New year dear. I dey. How are you doing?
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 07, 2021
Abetterperson:

am I wrong not to date?

No. Don't listen to the mockers' mocking. Remain focused on your self advancement goals and remain true to yourself. When you do finally decide to get married, your husband will (or should if you pick the right man) respect you all the more for not dashing out sex for cash to every Aliyu, Gbenga and Chukwuma.

Misery like company, and corruption likes to corrupt. That's the only reason why they want you to join them. Stay firm. Wait for marriage. I wish all women would.
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by MOVIC6: 10:53am On Jan 07, 2021
See advice, make mistakes, calculated mistakes, so if this is your child, you will open wild your mouth and tell her make mistakes, you need revaluation, either from your parent or someone reasonable and not empty heads like you. “Make mistakes “..
falcon01:
how old are you? you sound matured though. You shouldn't be thinking about boys at this point, focus on your study and Career. And if you happen to fall In love just make sure your Brain is functioning proper so that you wont go and Enjoy your life and miss the opportunity... f*ck am I saying? listen girl enjoy Life do what makes you happy, Just don't put your future in jeopardy, focus on your study, make mistakes but calculated mistakes just have fun. Note all this apply only if you are above 18 years.
Re: Am I Stupid For Not Dating Guys: am i too strict when it comes to guys by jikins(m): 10:54am On Jan 07, 2021
Abetterperson:

am I wrong not to date?

Simple truth is young guys mostly get into relationship for sex. Some find love along the way. Others don't and just move on to the next shiny object. My advice is do what makes you happy. There's no guarantee that even if you wait till after university that you will meet the perfect guy. The game of love is filled with pain and happiness. You can't avoid it no matter how old you are when you start it.

Again do what makes you happy. If not dating makes you happy fine do it. Don't let anyone make you feel less than because you're not. Its your decision. But understand that there are great guys out there who will treat you like the queen you are. Who will accept you and all your introverted quirks.

Best of luck

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oh! My One Night Stand. / What Can I Do / The Advantages Of Having 2 Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.