Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival (40310 Views)

Anambra Masquerade Burnt to Death During Cultural Festival / Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" / Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Marknsukabag: 9:10am On Jan 07, 2021
winterfell007:
Well they are no longer igbos just as the igbos in rivers state are no longer igbos. They're Niger Delta

Your brain must be paining you.

1 Like

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ariesbull: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2021
nengibo:

So south east is 100% despite having Indigenous Igala population in Anambra and some benue groups in Enugu?
we don't have igala in Enugu and the tiny igala in Anambra have been totally igbonised. .they bear igbo names and have igbo culture ruled by igbo king

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by SaintBishop: 9:12am On Jan 07, 2021
Logan23:

80% of the tribes in rivers state are igbos.

(1). Egbema. (2). Ecthe. (3). Omuma. (4). Ndoni (5). Ikwerre (6). Ekpeye (7). Obigbo (cool. Ndoki. (9). Ogba 10). Opobo.
80%? undecidedbtw there's nothing like obigbo in Rivers, it is oyibo
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ChoCho54(f): 9:12am On Jan 07, 2021
FactBoyz:
I am sure NGPatriot, simplyleo, yarimo, nyamiriflathead and others will not sleep tonight
Of course they can't sleep.

They fled from bandits to the mountains since new year day and have not been seen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by stanluiz(m): 9:15am On Jan 07, 2021
Nigercity:
The ezza people in benue are suffering
Why there brothers in Ebony are enjoying

No good roads, most of them wishes they where in Ebonyi state
The heavily marginalized just because the are minority, infact most people in the state don't even know about the Ezza people, the see them as ebonyians
It is because of that evil land boundary adjustment. I wish Dave umahi can challenge that land adjustment in the court so that the ezza benue can be seceded back to ebonyi state.

They deserve to be in ebonyi state not in benue state.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Philipxxxx0: 9:16am On Jan 07, 2021
The way some people talk like idiot here assumes me, who draws the map of Nigeria , hausa and fulani, did they consider tribe and ethnicity when drawing the map ? The answer is No, they sit down in office at Abuja and use pencil and paper drawers map of Nigeria the way it suits them and the other tribes expected it like.

2 Likes

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by emapeteum(m): 9:17am On Jan 07, 2021
Logan23:

Afonja, focus on ogbomosho & Oshogbo and remove urself from igbo matters.

There are igbos in 13 nigerian states including Akwaibom...Cry all u like, they will always be igbos there
Unreasonable response from a land grabber.Igboman with an inferiority complex; So Akwa Ibom is an Igboland now. The village your fellow mention don't even speak Igbo but Annang
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by nengibo: 9:21am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:
we don't have igala in Enugu and the tiny igala in Anambra have been totally igbonised. .they bear igbo names and have igbo culture ruled by igbo king
And so the people in Benue can not be Idomized, Igbo people una reasoning sef

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by mekysmart123: 9:21am On Jan 07, 2021
Igwe Cletus is a personal friend. Those guys are really trying in bringing the plights of Benue Igbos to light. I love the method adopted here, very civilized approach, no fight no quarrel. Since boundary adjustment seem implausible, government attention on development must be attracted.

3 Likes

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 07, 2021
emapeteum:

Unreasonable response from a land grabber.Igboman with an inferiority complex; So Akwa Ibom is an Igboland now. The village your fellow mention don't even speak Igbo but Annang

Point where i said that Akwaibom is igbo land.

2 Likes

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by daysoo: 9:22am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:

They made igbo to be so big in 3 zones , south east , south south and middle belt...

Igbo can be found in 12 states

5 states of south East (100%)
5 states of Niger Delta in huge numbers
2 states if Middle Belt (Kogi and Benue )

SE is not 100per igbo
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nigercity: 9:23am On Jan 07, 2021
emapeteum:

Sorry, there are no Igbos in Akwa Ibom State. The south-east is also not 100% Igbos. Igalas in Anambra and Enugu, Ibibios in Abia State and some Cross River tribes in Ebonyi.The only state 100% Igbos is Imo State.

Some people eh!
Pls tell me which part of enugu,and anambra is not Igbo?
Also Tell me which cross river tribe is found in Ebonyi?
Cos the Last time I checked, Ezza is an igbo village with greater part of it in Ebonyi an the remaining part in benue and cross river (odinary Google search can cure your ignorance)

Taking of Abia, the ibibio people in Abia are minority not even up to 2% and most of them always claim Igbos (visit obingwa, they are few Akwa ibom tribes there) but all of them now speaks Aba Igbo (not even ngwa Igbo)

Say always say what you know

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by emapeteum(m): 9:24am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:
we have igbo in Ika communities of Akwa Ibom... The Izobo of cross River are igbo ... From Ezza.... So let's not argue fhst
Where in Ika, please.Mention the villages. Hope you have not forgotten that there are some Akwa Ibomite and some of their villages that have Igbo names but they are not Igbos. There is a place called, Ikot Okoro in Ukanafun, these people are Annang not Igbos. So don't be so excited when you see names that sound Igboish
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by DimIsaac10(m): 9:24am On Jan 07, 2021
They have indigenous everywhere.. Very soon they will claim Indigenous in Akwa Ibom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ariesbull: 9:25am On Jan 07, 2021
nengibo:

in Africa... Igbo are the hardest people to colonise. They were so hard.... Abi na idoma go fit idomanise them....

Na them seff go be igbonised

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by oluwaahmed: 9:25am On Jan 07, 2021
humilitypays:
12 states not 10. Check my comment above.

It was in Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba connived desperate efforts to reduce Igbo power and economic influence in Nigeria after the civil war that made them to create the 6 geopolitical zones and carved out SouthSouth also known as Niger Delta from old Eastern Nigeria. But in geographical coordinates, there is nothing like SouthSouth.

They had to carve out some Igbo communities and wickedly placed them in SouthSouth and Northcentral states just to ensure Igbos are reduced.

It is only Southeast geopolitical zone that have 5 states, do you think it was a mistake It was a well orchestrated plan

That is why they will not allow an igbo man (uncontrolled by fulani) to enter the seat of power. He will redress all the boundary issues and give igbos their own sixth state like other regions. Took obigbo from Abia and gave it to Rivers, same with Bonny because of huge oil and gas reserves there. Took parts of ebonyi and enugu and gave to the north. Everything was done to divide and drastically reduce the great igbo nation. They thought they could bankrupt & divide the igbos so that they will be the almajiri of Nigeria but who God don bless....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 07, 2021
SaintBishop:

80%? undecidedbtw there's nothing like obigbo in Rivers, it is oyibo

U wanted to type Oyigbo, not oyibo

The place is Obigbo and not Oyigbo.

Obigbo is in imo state and past Awusa-Afonja regimes added them forcefully to rivers state. They are still igbo today and they still speak igbo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by mekysmart123: 9:26am On Jan 07, 2021
nengibo:

Respect to those brothers in Benue. Thy have really made us proud. They are consistent with their Igbo tag, regardless the marginalization for years.
Unlike some of our brothers in the Niger Delta that are quick to jettison their Igboness to benefit from FG led oil economy
chop.
Note: Ezza had contact with the north, even before white man came, but they don't compromise.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Norwichsailor(m): 9:26am On Jan 07, 2021
SaintBishop:
Norwichsailor so u have igbos in that akwa ibom of urs.
A few villages yes, not of significant population to influence anything, some of our villages too are in abia. It's all cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ariesbull: 9:26am On Jan 07, 2021
DimIsaac10:
They have indigenous everywhere..
Very soon they will claim Indigenous in Akwa Ibom
we have them

Please read this http://thesouthernexaminer.com/akwa-iboms-indigenous-igbo-p1668-197.htm#:~:text=The%20Efik%2C%20who%20speak%20almost,language)%20in%20Akwa%20Ibom%20State.

1 Like

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by okeyglm: 9:26am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:
no igbo in Bayelsa...
there are igbos in bayelsa, precisely sagbama and ogbia lga

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ariesbull: 9:27am On Jan 07, 2021
Norwichsailor:

A few villages yes, not of significant population to influence anything, some of our villages too are in abia. It's all cool
which of your villages in Abia ? Name them ....
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ariesbull: 9:27am On Jan 07, 2021
okeyglm:
there are igbos in bayelsa, precisely sagbama and ogbia lgaw

Oh I see
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by DimIsaac10(m): 9:28am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:
we have them

Please read this http://thesouthernexaminer.com/akwa-iboms-indigenous-igbo-p1668-197.htm#:~:text=The%20Efik%2C%20who%20speak%20almost,language)%20in%20Akwa%20Ibom%20State.
keep deceiving yourselves..
You will soon have indigenous in Kano and Lagos.
Stick to your land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by emezuo17: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2021
DaniDani:
Omenka where are thou? Come and see indigenous igbos of benue. I hope you will not be depressed seeing this?
. Lol, he is already depressed, some one should reach out to him before Dawn oh, are you even sure he is not in that crowd.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by gtown: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2021
Logan23:

Envy n blackness of ur heart will destroy u.
Because I said we can see developers everywhere we go? Abi, are igbos not more developers?
Nwangbwa goes to school everyday tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by emezuo17: 9:30am On Jan 07, 2021
Isobug:
Why put them in Benue? So the controversy could continue?

I am saying this because certain people from certain part of the country(including Simplyleo) do not believe the Igbos are in indigenous in Benue and Kogi states
. Those names you mentioned have allowed hatred to becloud their sense of reasoning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by daysoo: 9:31am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:

The same way we don't have igbo in kogi, they have been igalanized, they bear igala names and are ruled by the attah of igala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nigercity: 9:32am On Jan 07, 2021
Norwichsailor:

Exactly
This is the simple truth

Same thing am trying to tell emapeteum
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Grandmeister(m): 9:32am On Jan 07, 2021
Nigercity:

Some people eh!
Pls tell me which part of enugu,and anambra is not Igbo?
Also Tell me which cross river tribe is found in Ebonyi?
Cos the Last time I checked, Ezza is an igbo village with greater part of it in Ebonyi an the remaining part in benue and cross river (odinary Google search can cure your ignorance)

Taking of Abia, the ibibio people in Abia are minority not even up to 2% and most of them always claim Igbos (visit obingwa, they are few Akwa ibom tribes there) but all of them now speaks Aba Igbo

Say always say what you know
Not true as per your last paragraph. I have a house in obingwa and while it is true that a lot of akwa ibomites living around there speak fluent igbo(even better than a lot of igbos) I have not seen anyone who claims to be igbo..some are sympathetic to Biafra yes, but not claiming Igbo.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by guy222: 9:32am On Jan 07, 2021
Logan23:

Why is ur soul so so so so so wicked n filled with darkness?
because you people sleep, eat, bath and live with hate, this is the only language you people understand. I can't be speaking french to someone that only understand english and i am not good with sign language. Come on my mention again and watch how thunder will do collabor with ogun and amadihoha strike you down. You people think benue is lagos, we gat no joy down here in makurdi.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Resumes Duty As Police Officer Officially (Photo) / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.