Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival (40314 Views)

Anambra Masquerade Burnt to Death During Cultural Festival / Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" / Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by SaintBishop: 9:34am On Jan 07, 2021
Logan23:

U wanted to type Oyigbo.

The place is Obigbo and not Oyigbo.

Obigbo is in imo state and past Awusa-Afonja regimes added them forcefully to rivers state. They are still igbo today and they still speak igbo
There is nothing like obigbo in Rivers state mr, the name is oyibo
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Norwichsailor(m): 9:34am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:
which of your villages in Abia ? Name them ....
You have a phone and Google, make use of it.
If you insist there aren't a few Annang or ibibio villages in abia.
Then there are no Igbo village's in Akwa Ibom. Simple
You want to claim indegenous in another state but get offended when it's your turn. Clown.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by daysoo: 9:34am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:
in Africa... Igbo are the hardest people to colonise. They were so hard.... Abi na idoma go fit idomanise them....

Na them seff go be igbonised

But is like you forgot that igala colonize ur forefathers

1 Like

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Grandmeister(m): 9:34am On Jan 07, 2021
guy222:
because you people sleep, eat, bath and leave with hate, this is the only language you people understand. I can't be speaking french to someone that only understand english and i am not good with sign language. Come on my mention again and watch how thunder will do collabor with ogun and amadihoha strike you down. You people think benue is lagos, we gat no joy down here in makurdi.
That your joyless self would be better put to use against the marauders ransacking your villages don’t you think so? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 07, 2021
nengibo:

And so the people in Benue can not be Idomized, Igbo people una reasoning sef

As u can see, the igbos in benue state are still claiming their igbo heritage, they still answer igbo names and they still speak igbo langauge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Norwichsailor(m): 9:35am On Jan 07, 2021
Nigercity:

Exactly
This is the simple truth

Same thing am trying to tell emapeteum
Is he Igbo?
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 07, 2021
SaintBishop:
There is nothing like obigbo in Rivers state mr, the name is oyibo

Stop being silly, I've already shown u the documents of its name cHange. Obigbo is igbo land and Porthacourt is Igweocha...simple

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ggood: 9:38am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:

They made igbo to be so big in 3 zones , south east , south south and middle belt...

Igbo can be found in 12 states

5 states of south East (100%)
5 states of Niger Delta in huge numbers
2 states if Middle Belt (Kogi and Benue )

Mention all the 5 south South States that have indigenous Igbo and the local government in those State
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by nengibo: 9:38am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:
in Africa... Igbo are the hardest people to colonise. They were so hard.... Abi na idoma go fit idomanise them....

Na them seff go be igbonised
Na lie the hardest na Hausa, dey rarely interact outside their clusters, they don't eat indigenous cuisine or even their dressing, unlike Ibos who do all these
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ariesbull: 9:38am On Jan 07, 2021
daysoo:

is that so... Don't you know that the king of igala is son of an igbo man (Eri) .....

So it's igbo that colonised igala .... Ask questions ... Igala is a minority tribe then and till tomorrow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 07, 2021
guy222:
because you people sleep, eat, bath and live with hate, this is the only language you people understand. I can't be speaking french to someone that only understand english and i am not good with sign language. Come on my mention again and watch how thunder will do collabor with ogun and amadihoha strike you down. You people think benue is lagos, we gat no joy down here in makurdi.

Igbos are in benue and their numbers are huge, u cannot do anythin about it except rant n rant n rant.

Cure the wickedness n blackness in ur soul. It will kill u. IGBOS have no drop of hate in dem and that's why they have been living 100% peacefully with locals in every single local govt across Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by shizzle1: 9:38am On Jan 07, 2021
winterfell007:
[s]Well they are no longer igbos just as the igbos in rivers state are no longer igbos. They're Niger Delta[/s]
This is 2021 and you are still shamelessly senseless. Spits on your deadbrain

Bar...stard

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 07, 2021
daysoo:

Who inserted this lousy false info in ur head?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 07, 2021
gtown:

Because I said we can see developers everywhere we go? Abi, are igbos not more developers?
Nwangbwa goes to school everyday tongue

Cure d darkness n hatred in ur heart, it will kill u soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by emapeteum(m): 9:41am On Jan 07, 2021
Norwichsailor:

You have a phone and Google, make use of it.
If you insist there aren't a few Annang or ibibio villages in abia.
Then there are no Igbo village's in Akwa Ibom. Simple
You want to claim indegenous in another state but get offended when it's your turn. Clown.
Thank you, my brother. Am from Ikot Okoro family where some of us bear Igbo names but we are not Igbo but Annang. There is a similarity of culture between Igbos and Akwa Ibomite but does not make an Ibibioma Ibo.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by shizzle1: 9:41am On Jan 07, 2021
BastardWike:
Wow, Igbos are just everywhere. Indigenous to 10 states in Nigeria! 5 SE, 4 SS and 1 NC. However, I'm curious why they're not bearing be ubiquitous "ethnic nationality" tag, is it because they don't have crude oil grin grin

All the same, Igbo Amaka!!!
bro there is a minute popilation of Igbos in kogi state, cant remember the particularly local govt now so its NC-2
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ariesbull: 9:43am On Jan 07, 2021
nengibo:

Na lie the hardest na Hausa, dey rarely interact outside their clusters, they don't eat indigenous cuisine or even their dressing, unlike Ibos who do all these
hausa was the easiest tribe to be colonised first bs Tuareg then by fulani then by British... In short the Hausa told the british they were not interested in independence

The yoruba wrote british to even colonise them

Igbo fought british for over 30yrs anglo aro war lasted for over 10 yrs in Aro Chukwu

MBAISE war lasted years where Douglas was killed

Ekumeku war lasted years
Igbo are stubborn lot... Dontt fück with em

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by SaintBishop: 9:44am On Jan 07, 2021
Logan23:

Stop being silly, I've already shown u the documents of its name cHange. Obigbo is igbo land and Porthacourt is Igweocha...simple
how can port harcourt be Igweocha when non igbos also own half of it? don't be silly mr.

There's nothing like Obigbo in Rivers state.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by shizzle1: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2021
seanwiIliam:
[s]he should stop deceiving people.
Igbos are only found in the south east, anything outside that is a complete fallacy, fatal error and total deception.
Even the Aniomas hate being called igbos which literally means the word "Delta Igbos" simply does not exist.
Be guided[/s]
typical rubbish from a despicable, bitter and hateful degenerate

1 Like

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ariesbull: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2021
emapeteum:

Thank you, my brother. Am from Ikot Okoro family where some of us bear Igbo names but we are not Igbo but Annang. There is a similarity of culture between Igbos and Akwa Ibomite but does not make an Ibibioma Ibo.
Some of you bear igbo names but not igbo

I beat muslim names but I am not muslim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ggood: 9:46am On Jan 07, 2021
okeyglm:

point of correction 6 states of the south southq

Mention all the local government in 6 South South States that have indigenous Igbo
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ariesbull: 9:47am On Jan 07, 2021
guy222:
because you people sleep, eat, bath and live with hate, this is the only language you people understand. I can't be speaking french to someone that only understand english and i am not good with sign language. Come on my mention again and watch how thunder will do collabor with ogun and amadihoha strike you down. You people think benue is lagos, we gat no joy down here in makurdi.

We HAVE seen the no joy these years when herdsmen have been busy in the state ....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 07, 2021
SaintBishop:

how can port harcourt be Igweocha when non igbos also own half of it? don't be silly mr.

There's nothing like Obigbo in Rivers state.

grin grin

Search for any colonial records,, u will see IGWEOCHA dere as the name of Porthacourt, it is public info.

Keep arguing about d oil rich IGBO town called OBIGBO, U will change nothing at the end of ur rant.

1 Like

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 07, 2021
ggood:

Mention all the local government in 6 South South States that have indigenous Igbo

This is a baseless question.

Try again.

1 Like

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by shizzle1: 9:48am On Jan 07, 2021
SaintBishop:

[s]how can port harcourt be Igweocha when non igbos also own half of it? don't be silly mr.

There's nothing like Obigbo in Rivers state.[/s]
shut it! Trying to conceal the truth is an excerise in futility for you bitter, hateful lots

Portharcourt is Igweocha and Obigbo is the name of that town in rivers state
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by daysoo: 9:50am On Jan 07, 2021
Logan23:

Who inserted this lousy false info in ur head?

This prove you don't know anything about yourselves meet your elders to educate you, during the slave trade, igala colonized some northern Igbo towns like nssuka, opi, also some town in anambra, that's why igala are in large population in anambra
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by akinlolu26624: 9:50am On Jan 07, 2021
:point of correction 6 states of the south southqMention all the local government in 6 South South States that have indigenous Igbo
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 07, 2021
nengibo:

Fulani colonised hausa even before the british came.

Fulani are still colonizing hausa till today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by daysoo: 9:53am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:
is that so... Don't you know that the king of igala is son of an igbo man (Eri) .....

So it's igbo that colonised igala .... Ask questions ... Igala is a minority tribe then and till tomorrow

I know igala are minority but it still don't dispute the fact that they colonized some northern Igbo towns, the same the benins colonized and sold your father's during slave trade.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ChangedMan1999(m): 9:53am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:
no igbo in Bayelsa...

Bro their are Ukwuani people in Bayelsa.

Give me time to show you the local government that they are in the state.

To the Akwa Ibom people here who are saying that Ndigbo are not found in their state:

Your former Attorney General Uwemedimo Nwoko is an Igbo man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by SaintBishop: 9:54am On Jan 07, 2021
Logan23:

grin grin

Search for any colonial records,, u will see IGWEOCHA dere as the name of Porthacourt, it is public info.

Keep arguing about d oil rich IGBO town called OBIGBO, U will change nothing at the end of ur rant.
There are no record that state that port harcourt was called Igweocha, the ikwerres call their upland Rebisi where did u get the Igweocha nonsense from? or have u not heard of proudly Rebisi?

And btw, we don't have Obigbo in Rivers state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Resumes Duty As Police Officer Officially (Photo) / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.