Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Why Most Beginners Quit Programming - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Most Beginners Quit Programming (24437 Views)

I Just Quit ALX Programme / Should I Quit My Job To Go Into Programming Full-time? / Quit School To Focus On Programming, Hopefully It Will End In Joy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by Techplug: 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2021
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.divinedigitalxp.ddcode

The App provides it's users the in depth knowledge on Web & Mobile App Development virtually via DDcode App.

You will be taught programming, cloud computing, iOT etc. Most importantly, how to make money with the skill.

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by kingasap(m): 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
tsdarkside:

i only do it for fun....am a construction worker....everybody need a roof over their heads.... wink wink

Beautiful. I find it appalling that Nigerians don't seem to appreciate anything that doesn't make them wealthy. It's fine to enjoy programming. It doesn't have to be a job. I like to solve problems so I'm dabbling in it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by parkervero(m): 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
runtime:

That wasn't what i asked, Apart from Android development what area is Java relevant.
Don't turn Amala and I don't care about any TIOBE index.

The strength of java is in the Enterprise application and Web application using spring framework. It is not even in android any more, kotlin is reigning in android now. There are more jobs in Java than many other languages. Java is a powerful language after c++(algorithmically).
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by Sheriman(m): 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2021
MrCover:
Blogging Business Pays, I'm so proud to be a professional Blogger, I can now boost of everyday food on my table through Blogging Business, if you are interested, let me know
I know you and you don't have a cheat!!
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by SeriouslySense(m): 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2021
that is the spirit

kingasap:

Beautiful. I find it appalling that Nigerians don't seem to appreciate anything that doesn't make them wealthy. It's fine to enjoy programming. It doesn't have to be a job. I like to solve problems so I'm dabbling in it.
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by SimplySEA(m): 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2021
born2begreat:
I am also a victim of this and i think the problem with me that's not included in your write-up is "Distraction". I'm 37 just engaged, more responsibilities even i earn less than 45k monthly. I have learnt HTML, CSS3 using codecademy and freecodecamp, Wordpress, AWS solution architect, Python... I didn't complete learning all these because of distraction from myself or my family. I am the first child of my family, a breadwinner despite earning less i still don't like seeing them suffering. I know the only solution to my PROBLEM of having my full concentration of programming is to get a job as an intern but will be earning monthly even if it is just 20k while all i will be doing is learning and doing something. You can only be better and be improving at what you do everyday. Unlike this menial job i'm doing here from 7am to 5pm and get home everyday very tired. I still have thirst and passion for programming and i pray my problem is solved soon because it's paining me alot. May God help me

The only difference between my situation and yours is that i am married at that age with two kids and i earn a little higher. At every opportunity i get i spend the whole day at the library. That is how i get by. Besides i work 6am to 6pm. Close very tired plus lagos traffic. Determination is the key. Data Science is where i am headed. Just keep on keeping on.

7 Likes

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by olamy7(m): 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2021
etrouble:

Go back to where you are coming from. Go back to your Agriculture. Nonsense, that’s how they cause confusion in the society. You spent about five years to study a course, now you want to abandon it. You definitely have no life ambition. Don’t annoy me this afternoon ooo.
you are not okay bro!

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by tsdarkside(m): 4:32pm On Jan 27, 2021
parkervero:

Java keeps evolving, I think you know that?

The evolution of Java makes it remain ubiquitous in the industry and relevant. It's a reliable PL. The major reason people don't like it is because of it verbosity and it learning curve is steep.

it has already started....

better concentrate on the hardwares....

hardwares dont stay the same,soo the software have to adjust too....
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by MrCover: 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2021
Sheriman:

I know you and you don't have a chit!!

Na You Dey Feed MrCover
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by tsdarkside(m): 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2021
olamy7:
you are not okay bro!

he is not wrong....you cant eat software....
i dont think your stomach would like it....
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 27, 2021
parkervero:

The strength of java is in the Enterprise application and Web application using spring framework. It is not even in android any more, kotlin is reigning in android now. There are more jobs in Java than many other languages. Java is a powerful language after c++(algorithmically).
When it comes to enterprise application and web apps in general, it is Dotnetcore and the rest.
Spring is dead no one uses it for web apps in 2021.
Android is still Java, Kotlin is not yet fully android supported.
C# > JAVA.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by SeriouslySense(m): 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2021
Also fellow, this other Site i will share now, is so good too, infact, very good, check it too, you will find so much value there.

https://scanlibs.com/
Fidelismaria:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by olamy7(m): 4:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
tsdarkside:

he is not wrong....you cant eat software....
i dont think your stomach would like it....
I really don't understand why you typed this though.. But I really think you know that not every agricultural student will have access to acres of land to start their business... And the fact that I did something in University doesn't necessarily mean that I have to use it. Everyone made a wrong decision one time or the other. Trying to fix it should not be seen as something else.

I didn't do agric in school and I was not the one that posted that. but it is not just right to condemn someone's s decision. Very wrong!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by tsdarkside(m): 4:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
olamy7:
I really don't understand why you typed this though.. But I really think you know that not every agricultural student will have access to acres of land to start their business... And the fact that I did something in University doesn't necessarily mean that I have to use it. Everyone made a wrong decision one time or the other. Trying to fix it should not be seen as something else.

I didn't do agric in school and I was not the one that posted that. but it is not just right to condemn people's decision. Very wrong!!

look....
their are many branches in agriculture....

people that plant it,harvest it,pack it,transport it,sell it....

dont underestimate agriculture....
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by parkervero(m): 4:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
runtime:

When it comes to enterprise application and web apps in general, it is Dotnetcore and the rest.
Spring is dead no one uses it for web apps in 2021.
Android is still Java, Kotlin is not yet fully android supported.
C# > JAVA.

Funny! Okay I hear you.
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 27, 2021
olamy7:

I didn't do agric in school and I was not the one that posted that. but it is not just right to condemn someone's s decision. Very wrong!!
Ignore them.
This is 2021 never let anyone tell you that you can't do anything you put your mind to , as long you work hard, and give it your all it is achievable.

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
parkervero:

Funny! Okay I hear you.
Thank you for agreeing.
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by Dorlarphor10: 4:54pm On Jan 27, 2021
ABUPHARM:
Started HTML with my android device was quite arduous and Im interested in learning css and javascript any one with a good laptop of 40_45k should let me know.

WhatsApp or Call me on 07065223654
Though the system is 60k, you will enjoy it
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
BigBashiru:

Shame he has to learn Chinese language. Why can't Chinese ppl learn Hausa, Yoruba and igbo??

Time waits for no one.

If a Chinese does not want to learn your own language, it doesn't mean you shouldn't learn theirs.

Imagine learning the language and becoming good. He can never be jobless. China is taking over the world. A person who can speak Chinese will get job in many countries of the world.

We are all motivated by something.

And money tops the list of what motivates us. Because without money, we can't survive.

So, many of those who began coding many years ago saw the opportunity that the computer age was offering.

They took their chances, and today many of them can afford to code for the fun of it, while also making money.

4 Likes

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by AgbalagbaOG: 5:08pm On Jan 27, 2021
S
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by yusman14(m): 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2021
daryur01:
That's the truth. But sincerely, it's not so easy to code. Many people go into coding thinking it's like doing graphics design.
I'll say being a graphic designer can be of help to a person willing to design web pages. But it requires great dedication, hard work and several hours of practice in order to be as good as one wants. Once the willingness surpasses the unwillingness, you are good to go.
It doesn't matter what device you use. I personally used my android phone to learn coding for over 9 months.
If you're interested in web development and you're hoping to start creating contents for the web or create your first website, then you should consider joining my WhatsApp class to start your programming journey.
Once you have android phone, you can join and start coding till you get your own PC.
Contact me on WhatsApp - 08102890799
What is the minimum specs of a PC that can do web development and run Python program?
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by Sheriman(m): 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
Programming language is not hard if you try to make it simple for your self..
You don't cram coding you understand how it works..
To me, I see Programming language as a challenge so I love it!! and I like it!!

1 Like

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by jikins(m): 5:22pm On Jan 27, 2021
senteugene:
Please is there any WhatsApp group one can join to meet programmers

Send me a msg on WhatsApp
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by BigBashiru: 5:26pm On Jan 27, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Time waits for no one.

If a Chinese does not want to learn your own language, it doesn't mean you shouldn't learn theirs.

Imagine learning the language and becoming good. He can never be jobless. China is taking over the world. A person who can speak Chinese will get job in many countries of the world.

We are all motivated by something.

And money tops the list of what motivates us. Because without money, we can't survive.

So, many of those who began coding many years ago saw the opportunity that the computer age was offering.

They took their chances, and today many of them can afford to code for the fun of it, while also making money.

There's something called dehumanization. The average Chinese person regards an African as a MONKEY. And you are dehumanizing yourself further by going to learn their language. Google: "kenya deports Chinese racist monkey". This is why their companies in Nigeria work ppl like slaves.

They may be helping Africa with loans and infrastructural development but a lot of them don't see you as an equal. And you are going further to learn their language? You first leaned English and now learning Chinese?

Why cant Africa take over the world? Don't give me the bad leaders BS pls.

Let me not derail too much frol the topic. Learn c# or java whichever allows you to express your programming skills more

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by Karlebolu(m): 5:31pm On Jan 27, 2021
Sheriman:
To me I see Programming language as challenge..
I love it!!
I like it!!

Pro advice. The computer can take screen shots.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by ReluctantAdult(m): 5:36pm On Jan 27, 2021
Sheriman:
I love it!!
I like it!!

You're learning Kotlin. Nice one cool

Which learning resources are you using?
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by Emeka71(m): 5:38pm On Jan 27, 2021
That would be better.
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by Petersamuel8(m): 5:49pm On Jan 27, 2021
currently leaning python3, but I must confess I'm gradually loosing interest

1 Like

Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by SeriouslySense(m): 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
Kotlin is just like Java, now i see why from your code, the methods are shortened and seem to emphasis functional methods but it's not, since it returns no value, the variables types are inferred, and the print class does not Seem to be in the System library or package, but it must be, you must have imported it, but is not shown, the libraries should be at the top of the page not seen.

Sheriman:
I love it!!
I like it!!
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by jikins(m): 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
BigBashiru:

There's something called dehumanization. The average Chinese person regards an African as a MONKEY. And you are dehumanizing yourself further by going to learn their language. Google: "kenya deports Chinese racist monkey". This is why their companies in Nigeria work ppl like slaves.

They may be helping Africa with loans and infrastructural development but a lot of them don't see you as an equal. And you are going further to learn their language? You first leaned English and now learning Chinese?

Why cant Africa take over the world? Don't give me the bad leaders BS pls.

Let me not derail too much frol the topic. Learn c# or java whichever allows you to express your programming skills more

All these philosophical thoughts are all well and good but reality is reality. Africa isn't taking over anything anytime soon.

Economy wise China, US are miles ahead. Fighting it or having inferiority complex about it doesn't change the facts.

A lot of Chinese experience what you are saying way back when they went to the US to get a better life because China was messed up back then. They were also overworked and stuff but they were always focused on what they wanted to achieve. And many achieved it.

If you have to travel and learn new language to better yourself. Do it. So many people from different countries have done it in the past. And many are still doing it. So don't look at it as one massive thing. Because its not.

Even in Nigeria your own country, your own people will treat you as a lesser being and overwork you. Same thing happens everywhere else in the world. Its nothing new! It's life!

You asked why isn't Africa taking over the world. Have you ever asked yourself why China which was a country ravaged by poverty few decades back is now a massive force of nature?

Again philosophical sentiments and wishful thinking doesn't change the reality of what is.
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by SolarEdge: 6:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
I'm in this table.. I just want to code for the fun of it
Re: Why Most Beginners Quit Programming by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
runtime:

Raw truth and it is too verbose.
Outside Android Java is just not relevant.
Ah... Please sir, be informed before making this kind of comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sam Altman Visits Nigeria On AI Tour / Celestial Church Of Christ Hymns (cccmyhymns) Now On Android with pictures! / Solution Of Linear Programming Problems Using Simplex Method

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.