Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? (24208 Views)

2023 Presidency: Dave Umahi/zulum Or El-eufai Ticket On APC / Breaking: David Lyon Wins Bayelsa State APC Ticket For Governorship / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Ikinternational: 12:52am On Jan 08, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:
Nothing is wrong with Umahi/Zulum presidency, Umahi should contest for it, Nigeria is not running Eze ibeku system of government, we are in a Democratic system of govt

Igbo should go to the contest field and contest for it but presidency will not be handover to Igbo without contest that's the bitter truth

Oh now you people want merit system for Nigeria abi? I wonder why..hmm

It's no longer turn by turn? That's wonderful

Hopefully this new appetite you people have for merit system will extend to the academic system, government jobs, and promotions.

And extend also to state n local elections.
Let's not just feign ignorance of rotation when convenient
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by dam4sam: 2:45am On Jan 08, 2021
cktheluckyman:

lol When will you people learn that politics does not start and end with the SW. Onu was with Buhari long before Tinubu dreamt of working with him.He has been in APP/ANPP Since 1999. Buhari is in Onu's camp if that is what you want me to say

Onu was with Buhari since 1999, yet Buhari lost his Presidential Attempts three times, within that time frame..... until he met Tinubu in 2015 and won!
Does that not make it obvious that this Onu has ZERO, as in Zilch, Electoral Value?
grin grin

BTW, l still dont want Tinubu t be President because he is one of the Corrupt generation of Politicians that ruined Nigeria.
But please dont insult our sensibilities with one Igbo Onu or Umahi

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by dam4sam: 2:59am On Jan 08, 2021
Ikinternational:

Hopefully this new appetite you people have for merit system will extend to the academic system, government jobs, and promotions.

Even if it is turn-by-turn, the[b] Ibos have to wait their turn[/b], not just running to where food don ready. That is the usual 'I-before-others' (i-b-o) behaviour of Ibos.
Azikwe Ebelete Jonathan had just recently used the Presidential turn of Ibos, dont also forget you'all always claim[b][/b] the Niger Delta is part of Ibo's Biafra, not to mention that the father of Obachonjo was a former Ibo Policeman who later became the Obi Onitcha

There you have it, its turn-by-turn and It IS NOT the turn of the Ibos, maybe in 2031, if they showed loyalty and build bridges in 2023
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Ikinternational: 4:57am On Jan 08, 2021
dam4sam:

Even if it is turn-by-turn, the[b] Ibos have to wait their turn[/b], not just running to where food don ready. That is the usual 'I-before-others' (i-b-o) behaviour of Ibos.
Azikwe Ebelete Jonathan had just recently used the Presidential turn of Ibos, dont also forget you'all always claim[b][/b] the Niger Delta is part of Ibo's Biafra, not to mention that the father of Obachonjo was a former Ibo Policeman who later became the Obi Onitcha

There you have it, its turn-by-turn and It IS NOT the turn of the Ibos, maybe in 2031, if they showed loyalty and build bridges in 2023

Ever since I was a young boy, my mother always warned me to stay away from mad men.
And as an adult, I can authoritatively confirm nothing has changed
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 08, 2021
anigbajumo:
Lol, u can only insert an imaginary Easterner on APC ticket if they deserve it but obviously they needed to ask for presidency in PDP where they av pledged their Loyalty, it's time for reward. It's even a shame for ndigbo to demand for presidency under APC, it's totally absurd.

You should know by now that Igbos are absolutely shameless. Curse APC for 7 years non-stop(2014 to date) and still have the bare-faced cheek to seek the Party's Presidential ticket.

It takes a special shamelessness and complete lack of principles and honour to do such.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 5:01am On Jan 08, 2021
Ikinternational:

English dey confuse you Merit and contest is two different thing, Biafra sorry I mean Igbo should contest for the sit

if people don't find you worthy as a stakeholder of a party, how will they sell you out to their communities? so the party must endorse your candidacy either through ballot or consensus

you people can't keep wailing and expect the presidency to be handover to as you handover Chief title to every goat and ram in East
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 08, 2021
OfficialAwol:
The entire country has agreed that the Southeast and the Northeast are the two most disadvantaged regions when it comes to producing leaders of the country.

You Igbos love disgracing yourselves publicly with the political naivete you always display so shamelessly.

Does the "entire Country" include PDP and APC horse traders delegates who will be voting to produce the Presidential candidates of the two mai Parties?

You guys just have so many gaps in your head filled with fluid where brain cells should be walahi. Atiku who has been out of office since 2007 went into the PDP Primaries and 'dollarised' it to easily gain the PDP ticket against a sitting Senate President (Saraki) for crying out loud.

What kind of self-delusion makes you guys unable to accept same will play out again for the 2023 Primaries of PDP and APC to the detriment of Igbos? Which politically sagacious and bridge-builder leaders do you guys have in the PDP and APC that voting delegates can follow loyally and support unflinchingly?
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Ikinternational: 5:19am On Jan 08, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

English dey confuse you Merit and contest is two different thing, Biafra sorry I mean Igbo should contest for the sit

if people don't find you worthy as a stakeholder of a party, how will they sell you out to their communities? so the party must endorse your candidacy either through ballot or consensus

you people can't keep wailing and expect the presidency to be handover to as you handover Chief title to every goat and ram in East

Yet all those goat n ram have done more for Nigeria than you and your papa. I GUARANTEE it with no reservations.

Most of you running mouth for nairaland (as if you're a stakeholder)couldn't name a single thing you have done for Nigeria. But yet so damn opinionated

Is it not you fake political analysts on nairaland that told us that APC was just fine without igbos? Meanwhile the party is strategizing to gain a bigger foothold in igboland by wooing more shot callers
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 5:24am On Jan 08, 2021
Ikinternational:

Yet all those goat n ram have done more for Nigeria than you and your papa. I GUARANTEE it with no reservations.

Most of you running mouth for nairaland (as if you're a stakeholder)couldn't name a single thing you have done for Nigeria. But yet so damn opinionated

Is it not you fake political analysts on nairaland that told us that APC was just fine without igbos? Meanwhile the party is strategizing to gain a bigger foothold in igboland by wooing more shot callers

lolz! you think I give a damn about useless APC and PDP, I've countless time point you people hypocrisy out and wailing up and down

first you called APC ewedu and alimajiri evil party but hoping to get the party presidential ticket without contest?

please meet Jubril el Sudan to hand it over to you. clowns everywhere
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by danilmo: 5:37am On Jan 08, 2021
OfficialAwol:

I see where you are coming from.

No one passes the criteria you enunciated except Tinubu, Abi?

Did TINUBU meet those criteria?? answer that urself bro..
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 08, 2021
PHijo:

Don't ask me that silly question, ask those who voted him and still support him.
OK sir
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by OfficialAwol(m): 6:25am On Jan 08, 2021
danilmo:

Did TINUBU meet those criteria?? answer that urself bro..

He does.

But is he the only one who meets it?

Ogbonnaya Onu does too.

And so is Orji Uzor Kalu.
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by ebuclassic18(m): 6:35am On Jan 08, 2021
not about picking tickets what have they been doing with the ticket they have already all this are nonsense
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Mynky: 7:08am On Jan 08, 2021
David umahi is probably the most maverick governor of the year
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Ikinternational: 7:14am On Jan 08, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

lolz! you think I give a damn about useless APC and PDP, I've countless time point you people hypocrisy out and wailing up and down

first you called APC ewedu and alimajiri evil party but hoping to get the party presidential ticket without contest?

please meet Jubril el Sudan to hand it over to you. clowns everywhere

I strongly detest dumbness.
So the nameless anonymous people stating their personal opinions on nairaland are now seen as appointed spokespeople for Ndigbo for your mind?
Wow just wow...smh

Some people just park their brain the way they park their car. Quote me again when you're ready to put your brain on D
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by OfficialAwol(m): 7:45am On Jan 08, 2021
Whiteshield:
Why not Zulum/Umahi?

So you want another northerner to succeed Buhari?

Is Nigeria meant for the north?
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Nwiboazubuike(m): 7:56am On Jan 08, 2021
For Dave umahi my workaholic governor to depart APC for PDP means he has a serious plan and for the primaries he must win but the problem is the main general election
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 8:50am On Jan 08, 2021
Ikinternational:

I strongly detest dumbness.
So the nameless anonymous people stating their personal opinions on nairaland are now seen as appointed spokespeople for Ndigbo for your mind?
Wow just wow...smh

Some people just park their brain the way they park their car. Quote me again when you're ready to put your brain on D

you hate dumbness but how come you didn't hate yourself because your level of dumbness is a topnotch

ewedu broom and alimajiri evil party is now the most nice party to you Igbo ? I can see how wise you people are that's why Umahi resigned and others refused to followed him to the ewedu and alimajiri party grin

bunch of clown
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by wolebest: 10:29am On Jan 08, 2021
People who didn't sow into APC 8 years ago but went to PDP land want to reap now. They are all bunch of dumb fools.
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 08, 2021
OfficialAwol:

A Yoruba man will not be Nigerian president in 2023.

Deal with it.

We know it is that obsession alone that helps most of you Igbos sleep at night. Prepare for 8 years of sleepless nights come 2023 cool cool

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by danilmo: 12:32pm On Jan 08, 2021
OfficialAwol:

He does.

But is he the only one who meets it?

Ogbonnaya Onu does too.

And so is Orji Uzor Kalu.

yeap qualified but BAT is more than those,

in terms of competency, Brilliancy, human relationship, experience, products,

in terms of product, tinubu has brought in brilliant men into power, many of them, e.g VP and co

2. Loyalist, BAT has politically registered loyalist that cut across the nation except in SE, SS

3. How many electorate/fans can they boast of?? BAT has d whole SW

4 . How much political influence do they have in their region?? how have they been able to sell APC in their region??
so u see if we are been realistic none of them come close to BAT.

the above boils down to relationship across d nation and that is the real electoral value..

So during primary election only the man with highest loyalist among registers member will get the ticket, so let me ask u who has party loyalist more than BAT across d nation Tinubu loyalist are die hard men who has already started voluntary movement across SW and North..

I told a friend the only reason SE can get the ticket is if TINUBU choose to let go, it's either him or his Godson Osinbanjo.. infact any other on primary ballot is a waste of money.

But are SE ready to beg TINUBU ?? no, we've hurt ourself beyond that..

Hope u know if TINUBU says it's time for Igbo to rule nobody can stop it except God ? even Pdp ll have no choice to than pick Igbo candidate but as it is now it's already over and 2023 movement is on top gear..

fun fact is APC is working swiftly against whoever PDP choose either ATIKU or anybody...

so bro, a TINUBU/Osinbanjo in corner is a yardstick,

but truth b told SE should b allowed but logistic on ground has made it difficult,
but what does it take igbo leader both Apc/PDP to meet BAT in bourdillion so he can shiled sword for them, ?? but pride won't let.. na d matter..

shallom..

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Ikinternational: 1:34pm On Jan 08, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

you hate dumbness but how come you didn't hate yourself because your level of dumbness is a topnotch

ewedu broom and alimajiri evil party is now the most nice party to you Igbo ? I can see how wise you people are that's why Umahi resigned and others refused to followed him to the ewedu and alimajiri party grin

bunch of clown

Instead of rational response he goes emotional. Smh
So much for "not caring"

Okay guy, try not to give yourself hypertension while not caring

Absolutely incapable of talking without using hyperbole and you consider yourself an adult.

You're hell bent on telling me what you heard on nairaland while also conveniently forgetting what some people said about apc not needing igbos. Apparently, The Apc Party doesn't get their manifesto from Nairaland. Imagine that!
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by OfficialAwol(m): 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
danilmo:

in terms of product, tinubu has brought in brilliant men into power, many of them, e.g VP and co

2. Loyalist, BAT has politically registered loyalist that cut across the nation except in SE, SS

4 . How much political influence do they have in their region?? how have they been able to sell APC in their region??

the above boils down to relationship across d nation and that is the real electoral value..

So during primary election only the man with highest loyalist among registers member will get the ticket, so let me ask u who has party loyalist more than BAT across d nation Tinubu loyalist are die hard men who has already started voluntary movement across SW and North..

I told a friend the only reason SE can get the ticket is if TINUBU choose to let go, it's either him or his Godson Osinbanjo.. infact any other on primary ballot is a waste of money.

Hope u know if TINUBU says it's time for Igbo to rule nobody can stop it except God ? even Pdp ll have no choice to than pick Igbo candidate but as it is now it's already over and 2023 movement is on top gear..

fun fact is APC is working swiftly against whoever PDP choose either ATIKU or anybody...

but truth b told SE should b allowed but logistic on ground has made it difficult,
but what does it take igbo leader both Apc/PDP to meet BAT in bourdillion so he can shiled sword for them, ?? but pride won't let.. na d matter..

shallom..

First off, I like your reasonable analysis.

And I quite agree with a larger chunk of your submissions.

But what I want you to understand is that when the forces align, Tinubu and his loyalists will be messed up.

In 2014, Buhari wasn't the most favored but when the forces aligned, the APC ticket was delivered for Buhari.

If we are being realistic, Tinubu can only boast the loyalty of Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Osun(dicey) delegates in SW.

Now he might boast of Edo delegates in SS because of Oshiomole.

In NW he can only boast of Kano delegates because of Ganduje.

In the NE, he's only assured of Yobe(dicey) because of Ahmed Lawan.

Aside these states, Tinubu cannot boast of any other delegates from anywhere.

Now even these states too might be taken from him if the forces align for someone else.

Stop painting the picture of Tinubu as a certain superhuman who cannot be dislocated.
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by OfficialAwol(m): 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
danilmo:

shallom..

But what I want you to understand is that when the forces align, Tinubu and his loyalists will be messed up.

In 2014, Buhari wasn't the most favored but when the forces aligned, the APC ticket was delivered for Buhari.

If we are being realistic, Tinubu can only boast the loyalty of Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Osun(dicey) delegates in SW.

Now even these states too might be taken from him if the forces align for someone else.

Stop painting the picture of Tinubu as a certain superhuman who cannot be dislocated...
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
Ikinternational:

Instead of rational response he goes emotional. Smh
So much for "not caring"

Okay guy, try not to give yourself hypertension while not caring

Absolutely incapable of talking without using hyperbole and you consider yourself an adult.

You're hell bent on telling me what you heard on nairaland while also conveniently forgetting what some people said about apc not needing igbos. Apparently, The Apc Party doesn't get their manifesto from Nairaland. Imagine that!

unfortunately there is nothing one can say that your expired brain can captured

alaye take your fairly used brain off my side jawe, don't have time for your unproductive chitchat
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by danilmo: 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2021
OfficialAwol:

Stop painting the picture of Tinubu as a certain superhuman who cannot be dislocated...
Yea BAT isn't superhuman , moreover u only gave me where BAT has loyalist.. but the aligning force u talked about that ll work against BAT and work for SE ,u didn't analyse yet, be factual abt it.... cox me I love reality o...

Bornu , kastina, Kano, Kaduna(forget elrufai mantra, they ll align themselves for a common APC goal), Niger, Yobe, the whole of SW all have loyalist who ll give 60% support for BAT,

forget media say I'm a grassroot nigga and I can tell u BAT has it here..

not saying kalu, Onu have none as u say o(aligning force) but how many APC registered delegates are in SE who ll do d primary voting compare with the population of SW and Northern support for BAT

reason am na

Unless SE take pride aside and find a way to pacify tinubu dynasty to calm and get his full support, this political power play ongoing won't help matter at all..

shallom.
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by OfficialAwol(m): 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
danilmo:

Yea BAT isn't superhuman , moreover u only gave me where BAT has loyalist.. but the aligning force u talked about that ll work against BAT and work for SE ,u didn't analyse yet, be factual abt it.... cox me I love reality o...

Bornu , kastina, Kano, Kaduna(forget elrufai mantra, they ll align themselves for a common APC goal), Niger, Yobe, the whole of SW all have loyalist who ll give 60% support for BAT,

forget media say I'm a grassroot nigga and I can tell u BAT has it here..

not saying kalu, Onu have none as u say o(aligning force) but how many APC registered delegates are in SE who ll do d primary voting compare with the population of SW and Northern support for BAT

reason am na

Unless SE take pride aside and find a way to pacify tinubu dynasty to calm and get his full support, this political power play ongoing won't help matter at all..

shallom.

I don't understand you asking me about the number of delegates SE APC can muster?

Is every state chapter of the party not supposed to produce the same number of delegates for the party's Primary Election? Or are some states given higher number than others?

Now imagine all delegates of SE and SS voting for a Southeast candidate 100%.

Then Northern delegates, acting on orders from northern power brokers, voting for a Southeast candidate too. Except for maybe delegates from Kano and Yobe who might vote on the basis of 60% to 40% in favor of Tinubu.

Now, Tinubu will be left with only Southwest delegates. But the question is, are SW delegates even assured for him? You know the answer is no.

Ekiti delegates will never vote for Tinubu even if Fayemi is not contesting.

Osun delegates may also not be assured depending of where Aregbesola stands by 2022.

Ondo delegates may also not be 100% for Tinubu when you realize that Akeredolu is not a Tinubu man except for their little romance because of recent election.

So where would Tinubu get the delegates to win?
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by oyatz(m): 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
CSTRR:
Unless Umahi was promised the apc ticket, then his defection would makes sense.
Otherwise it is stupid politics on his part.

Buhari his best friend will lose relevance once he leaves the presidency in 2-3 years.

He could have been a pdp presidential candidate.

Anyway 2023 promises a lot of action.

How do you think Dave Umahi will be able to defeat Atiku for the PDP ticket? Atiku has better and formidable political structure than anybody in the PDP.

Unless, there's a gang-up by the Governors, there is no strong politician in the PDP that can defeat Atiku.
Re: What's Wrong With An Umahi/zulum APC Ticket For 2023? by oyatz(m): 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2021
OfficialAwol:

I don't understand you asking me about the number of delegates SE APC can muster?

Is every state chapter of the party not supposed to produce the same number of delegates for the party's Primary Election? Or are some states given higher number than others?

Now imagine all delegates of SE and SS voting for a Southeast candidate 100%.

Then Northern delegates, acting on orders from northern power brokers, voting for a Southeast candidate too. Except for maybe delegates from Kano and Yobe who might vote on the basis of 60% to 40% in favor of Tinubu.

Now, Tinubu will be left with only Southwest delegates. But the question is, are SW delegates even assured for him? You know the answer is no.

Ekiti delegates will never vote for Tinubu even if Fayemi is not contesting.

Osun delegates may also not be assured depending of where Aregbesola stands by 2022.

Ondo delegates may also not be 100% for Tinubu when you realize that Akeredolu is not a Tinubu man except for their little romance because of recent election.

So where would Tinubu get the delegates to win?

Your first sentence showed that you don't know how delegates in presidential primaries are chosen.

Let me explain to you.

1) All States have an agreed fixed numbers of delegates e.g 3 elected persons per State.

2) Statutory delegates : this is the game changer.

For instance;

* All Presidential aspirants
* All elected Government officials of the party e.g LG chairmen, Assembly members, Governors, senators, reps etc.
* Chairmen and secretaries of the party in each State.

In some cases, appointed party leaders like Ministers and Ambassadors are also automatic delegates.

Now, in Kano alone, there are 44 LG chairmen, three senators, about 18 Reps, around 30 Assembly members on the platform of the APC ,all of which will be party delegates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Distances Self From Plot To Draft Jonathan Into Presidential Race / Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. / There Are Already Three Working Ports In South South - Reno Mocks Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.