Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others (28269 Views)

Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid / Twitter Permanently Suspends Donald Trump / Donald Trump Grants Michael Flynn Presidential Pardon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Yonce(f): 8:27am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
They have crossed a line and they don’t realize it yet. A new platform called Parler is fast gaining popularity due to Twitters tyrannical censorship and it has been attracting many conservatives, libertarian and even free speech liberals because they promise to let people speak their mind without any regulation. Nothing except direct threats of violence or criminal activity is banned there.

As we speak Parler has been growing at a rate of over 500k new subscribers a week. With the suspension of Trump and other top conservatives, I expect that rate to at least triple in the coming weeks as their supporters move there.

Twitter and FB believe what they are doing will please the incoming democrat government into leaving them alone and not regulating them. Big mistake! The democrats I know will instead use this as justification to crack down harder on them and even break them up. Just watch. Twitter just shot them selves in the foot. They are likely to go the way of MySpace soon. Don’t forget that twitter was already dying a natural death before Trump came on the political scene and made it popular again.

Parler has been pulled from Google Playstore and Apple is currently threatening to pull it down.

You can't be a patriotic citizen and stand by and watch people plan a coup on your American app and do nothing about it.
People should know that free speech has consequences and should be ready to face them
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 09, 2021
Myer:

You seem to have a very juvenile idea of politics and human behaviours.

Even in our growing up day, I didn't have to tell you to slap someone all I needed to do was wind both of you and before you knew it a fight erupts.
That's human behaviour. You don't need a degree on psychology to know this.

America was already in a volatile state with all the enmity between Democrats and Republicans, BLM and Antifa, leftists, etc. So for an incumbent president to try to exploit that to keep himself in the White House is very much selfish and evil. Clearly he doesn't care to sacrifice the lives of his supporters just for him to remain in the White House.

I've followed Donald Trump for about 10 years now since his days in the Apprentice and one thing you need to k ow is that he hates to lose.
He's a bad loser.
While that may have worked for him in business, in politics he should have accepted when he lost and should have stepped down honorably.

Talking about inciteful statements, even the last Endsars protest was peaceful until Nnamdi Kanu incited his fellow IPOBians to burn down the properties of Tinibu, Sanwo-Olu and those they deemed to be igbo enemies.
That's how a peaceful protest turned violent to the extent of grazing people's properties, looting people's businesses and even beheading police officers. Just because Nnamdi Kanu made a radio broadcast and it was sent to his fellow IPOBians.

What you don't know clearly outweighs what you do know about Poliitics and human behaviours.

I didn't insult you. Respect yourself or I promise we will both get banned today if you wan't us to go down that path.

Ok, if this is your standard then why does it only apply to one side? Should Bernie Sanders also be sanctioned for the supporter and former campaign staff of his that literally opened fire on Republican lawmakers with an assault rifle after being inspired by Sanders heated rhetoric against republicans??

Should the numerous democrat politicians who egged on violent BLM protesters also be sanctioned? Answer me this since you're the one with the "mature" view of politics and human behavior.

My own standard is simple and fair to both sides..If a politician does not explicitly call for violence then they should not be punished for however their supporters interpret their rhetoric because it's a very slippery slope that will consume politicians on both sides.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by grandlexuz(m): 8:36am On Jan 09, 2021
emmachukwu99:

Trump as a business man can influence another OS to compete with Android and iOS(where those free speech is disabled) or he can create one..

What do you think?

Let him try, nobody is stopping him. It takes much more than money to run a succesful tech company. You might not have realised but the world is bigger than the US and very few outside the US will embrace a Trumpy OS, not like it will gain any popularity in the US.

Talk of social media Parler is filled with conspiracy theorists and will never be a place of interest to a controversial figure like Trump. Not like he is any better, but as someone who enjoys controversies a platform of just his base will never interest him.

Most parler users accept in the absence of liberal minds to troll and threaten parle is just another boring platform.. 75 million people might have voted for Trump but as power fades away from him he will get to realise his true fan base is <50K.

Twitter has built a reputation across the globe that sites like parle will never match. Trump can't run a succesful media platform and he knows it. It takes much more than money to run the media. How succesful has newsmax gotten after embracing Trump? The had a periodic hike but can the match CNN?

Forget about all those on Nairaland crying parle. Very few of them have visited the platform nor have an account or even drop a message on the platform.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by TheWalkingMind: 8:41am On Jan 09, 2021
Myer:

Even in our growing up day, I didn't have to tell you to slap someone all I needed to do was wind both of you and before you knew it a fight erupts.

America was already in a volatile state with all the enmity between Democrats and Republicans, BLM and Antifa, leftists, etc. So for an incumbent president to try to exploit that to keep himself in the White House is very much selfish and evil. Clearly he doesn't care to sacrifice the lives of his supporters just for him to remain in the White House.

I've followed Donald Trump for about 10 years now since his days in the Apprentice and one thing you need to k ow is that he hates to lose.
He's a bad loser.
While that may have worked for him in business, in politics he should have accepted when he lost and should have stepped down honorably.

Talking about inciteful statements, even the last Endsars protest was peaceful until Nnamdi Kanu incited his fellow IPOBians to burn down the properties of Tinibu, Sanwo-Olu and those they deemed to be igbo enemies.
That's how a peaceful protest turned violent to the extent of grazing people's properties, looting people's businesses and even beheading police officers. Just because Nnamdi Kanu made a radio broadcast and it was sent to his fellow IPOBians.

What you don't know clearly outweighs what you do know about Poliitics and human behaviours.
You make no sense in regards to previous discussion.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by TheWalkingMind: 8:44am On Jan 09, 2021
grandlexuz:

Let him try, nobody is stopping him. It takes much more than money to run a succesful tech company. You might not have realised but the world is bigger than the US and very few outside the US will embrace a Trumpy OS, not like it will gain any popularity in the US.

Talk of social media Parler is filled with conspiracy theorists and will never be a place of interest to a controversial figure like Trump. Not like he is any better, but as someone who enjoys controversies a platform of just his base will never interest him.

Most parler users accept in the absence of liberal minds to troll and threaten parle is just another boring platform.. 75 million people might have voted for Trump but as power fades away from him he will get to realise his true fan base is <50K.

Twitter has built a reputation across the globe that sites like parle will never match. Trump can't run a succesful media platform and he knows it. It takes much more than money to run the media. How succesful has newsmax gotten after embracing Trump? The had a periodic hike but can the match CNN?

Forget about all those on Nairaland crying parle. Very few of them have visited the platform nor have an account or even drop a message on the platform.
Your comment reeks of personal hatred. Folks like you should not be allowed to partake in an open intellectual discussion.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Johnnyessence(m): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2021
In Nigeria,they helped vandals to raise money,honor them with the blue tick, gave them #EndSARS logo but in the US they are tracking them for arrests,banning all the federal employees that participated in the riots and now they have locked out the President from their platforms.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by oluwaahmed: 8:53am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:
But twitter urged on people who burnt properties in Nigeria an the name of EndSARS.

Jack actually asked people to donate funds into their accounts.

I don't care if your country burns as long as mine does not

See how fast those who invaded Capitol were labeled insurrectionists but when people invaded hugh security places in Nigeria like Airports and attempted to invade Aso Villa, they were "peaceful" EndSARS protesters

Guys read mynd quote carefully and understand that APC already owns dis place. This is their site so be careful what you post here. That is why they will just log u out and once you login again, they will send ur location to ur email.
How can a sane human being compare what happened in us capitol to Endsars protest? They dint compare it to BLM where even police stations were torched because it became a world wide movt.
They sent the army to kill peaceful protesters while the police ran away from thugs the politicians equipped during the past election. Those who stole and stores palliative that were carted away by the real owners how come the AGF has not started prosecuting them. Dont worry mynd and Co, the judgement of Nigeria is upon you all and when the time comes justice will meet everybody.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 09, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Farewell.....Freedom of speech

[img]https://media./images/d16fbefd26728aea1845c0ee4167eab3/tenor.gif[/img]

Freedom of Speech does not give you the right to endanger the lives of others even if you have a point to make - there are channels even if it is a violent protest or a revolution. The gift of speech does not warrant the entitlement to make fools of others just because you believe your opinion counts more than the views of others
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by saintdeby(m): 9:01am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
They have crossed a line and they don’t realize it yet. A new platform called Parler is fast gaining popularity due to Twitters tyrannical censorship and it has been attracting many conservatives, libertarian and even free speech liberals because they promise to let people speak their mind without any regulation. Nothing except direct threats of violence or criminal activity is banned there.

As we speak Parler has been growing at a rate of over 500k new subscribers a week. With the suspension of Trump and other top conservatives, I expect that rate to at least triple in the coming weeks as their supporters move there.

Twitter and FB believe what they are doing will please the incoming democrat government into leaving them alone and not regulating them. Big mistake! The democrats I know will instead use this as justification to crack down harder on them and even break them up. Just watch. Twitter just shot them selves in the foot. They are likely to go the way of MySpace soon. Don’t forget that twitter was already dying a natural death before Trump came on the political scene and made it popular again.
Parler had been suspended on all plartform bro google it, from Google, to apple etc
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Sunsets: 9:02am On Jan 09, 2021
Twitter is suspending on one side and this Twister is upending facts here. Shame.
Mynd44:
But twitter urged on people who burnt properties in Nigeria an the name of EndSARS.

See how fast those who invaded Capitol were labeled insurrectionists but when people invaded hugh security places in Nigeria like Airports and attempted to invade Aso Villa, they were "peaceful" EndSARS protesters
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 09, 2021
saintdeby:

Parler had been suspended on all plartform bro google it, from Google, to apple etc
I am tired of answering this question. Oga Parler is first and foremost a website not an App. Removing them from a few OS doesn't mean they have been banned.

https://parler.com/
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by grandlexuz(m): 9:05am On Jan 09, 2021
TheWalkingMind:
Your comment reeks of personal hatred. Folks like you should not be allowed to partake in an open intellectual discussion.

Who cares about your opinion. Log unto parle and catch fun.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Enceladus(m): 9:08am On Jan 09, 2021
This is exactly what the congress people were dragging with Mark Z before. Why will a single person (in this case the very corrupt Jack Dorsey) name himself as the Judge, Jury and Executioner and just decide to ban people just like that without following any legal process. It's like the people on twitter are now in business with our very own Nairaland mods.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 09, 2021
Myer:

He's a bad loser.

Oga expert on politics and human behaviour I am waiting for your reply oh.

Did Bernie Sanders also "wind" this supporter of his into trying to kill republican congressmen??

Should democrats be held responsible for his actions too?? Answer na

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/06/politics/congressional-shooter-70-rounds/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Congressional_baseball_shooting
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Mrquote: 9:08am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:

Was it Endsars that was burning the properties or the government did everything to stop the protest. Stop pointing out that all things that went wrong after Endsers protest to the protest itself.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 09, 2021
grandlexuz:

He absolutely can. One thing they can't take away from him is his influence and the strong following he commands. I believe any new free speech platform he throws his weight behind will definitely grow faster. They will grow without him regardless because with this rubbish Twitter and co. just did, they have created a demand for free speech supporting tech platforms and the private sector will respond accordingly. But Trumps endorsement will certainly help as well.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by patani(m): 9:32am On Jan 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
I see no future for social media. Mark this statement
because people are no longer free to express themselves there they leave and find other forums where their voices will be heard.

Voices heared on social media makes stupid people's oppinion to matter... Dowside of social media... The world was more sane when there was no social media... Imagine many women became popular for sharing thier nude... Some men because popular by supporting stupid opinion... It's easy to destroy a good government anywhere in d world just by flooding the countries internet space with lies... Is sickening
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Myer(m): 9:53am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:

I didn't insult you. Respect yourself or I promise we will both get banned today if you wan't us to go down that path.

Ok, if this is your standard then why does it only apply to one side? Should Bernie Sanders also be sanctioned for the supporter and former campaign staff of his that literally opened fire on Republican lawmakers with an assault rifle after being inspired by Sanders heated rhetoric against republicans??

Should the numerous democrat politicians who egged on violent BLM protesters also be sanctioned? Answer me this since you're the one with the "mature" view of politics and human behavior.

My own standard is simple and fair to both sides..If a politician does not explicitly call for violence then they should not be punished for however their supporters interpret their rhetoric because it's a very slippery slope that will consume politicians on both sides.

Telling some one he is ignorant of what he doesn't know is clearly an insult to Nigerians but how else do you expect me to say it?

If Bernie Sanders also incited violence then he should have been sanctioned. That he wasn't sanctioned doesn't immunize Trump from it.

Like I said what you don't know on this issue clearly outweighs what you do know.

Here's a clip of their inciteful statements. Not to mention the tweets.

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1347729565691518977?s=20
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Myer(m): 10:01am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:

Oga expert on politics and human behaviour I am waiting for your reply oh.

Did Bernie Sanders also "wind" this supporter of his into trying to kill republican congressmen??

Should democrats be held responsible for his actions too?? Answer na

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/06/politics/congressional-shooter-70-rounds/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Congressional_baseball_shooting

That Bernie Sanders wasn't sanctioned doesn't immunize Trump. Both of them should have been sanctioned.

You need to understand the gravity of what happened. But if you're a Donald Trump die hard fan then you can never see it.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Myer(m): 10:03am On Jan 09, 2021
TheWalkingMind:
You make no sense in regards to previous discussion.

To a mad man no one has sense except him.

My mission was never to make sense to everyone.

Those who have sense see the sense in my post on this issue.

For you to still defend Trump after what happened at the Capitol Hill already says so much about your idea of sense.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 09, 2021
Myer:

Telling some one he is ignorant of what he doesn't know is clearly an insult to Nigerians but how else do you expect me to say it?

If Bernie Sanders also incited violence then he should have been sanctioned. That he wasn't sanctioned doesn't immunize Trump from it.

Like I said what you don't know on this issue clearly outweighs what you do know.

Here's a clip of their inciteful statements. Not to mention the tweets.

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1347729565691518977?s=20

You're the ignorant slowpoke here who has no clue what he's saying. Im just looking at you and laughing trying to speak English that you clearly don't understand. You send me a chopped and skewed video made by a well know partisan liberal media enterprise and that is supposed to prove to be that Trump incited violence. LOOOOOOOOL.

Baba I can also send you an edited and out of context video of democrats using the exact same words in that video or even worse, do you want me to? When politicians talk of "fight" they don't mean it literally and you're an slowpoke if you don't even know this. Trump said, and I quote "we are marching to the Capitol to CHEER our great republican leaders on. He also said at different parts of his speech that it should be done "peacefully" but of course your chopped and skewed video will not include those parts.

LMAO you're clearly a biased liberal lunatic. I thought I was even arguing with a reasonable human being.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by TheWalkingMind: 10:08am On Jan 09, 2021
Myer:

To a mad man no one has sense except him.

My mission was never to make sense to everyone.

Those who have sense see the sense in my post on this issue.

For you to still defend Trump after what happened at the Capitol Hill already says so much about your idea of sense.
Still no sense made.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Myer(m): 10:13am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:

You're the ignorant slowpoke here who has no clue what he's saying. Im just looking at you and laughing trying to speak English that you clearly don't understand. You send me a chopped and skewed video made by a well know partisan liberal media enterprise and that is supposed to prove to be that Trump incited violence. LOOOOOOOOL.

Baba I can also send you an edited and out of context video of democrats using the exact same words in that video or even worse, do you want me to? When politicians talk of "fight" they don't mean it literally and you're an slowpoke if you don't even know this. Trump said, and I quote "we are marching to the Capitol to CHEER our great republican leaders on. He also said at different parts of his speech that it should be done "peacefully" but of course your chopped and skewed video will not include those parts.

LMAO you're clearly a biased liberal lunatic. I thought I was even arguing with a reasonable human being.

I know I should have probably massaged your ego since it is all you have but by telling you how little you know on this issue I'm actually doing you more good.

I've never been a Democrat supporter because I know they're worse than Republicans are. I'm only opening your eyes to the obvious. Trump this time was wrong.

Why did Trump call for the protest in the first place? (Just to cheer Republicans you say?)
What by your own understanding did he mean by fighting for their Democracy?
What did the crowd mean by fighting for Trump? (which clearly we witnessed by their actions).
Why after staging a failed protest has he finally decided to concede?

This are basic questions that you don't even need a high IQ to point you to the obvious answers you seem oblivious of.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by kurupt1: 10:14am On Jan 09, 2021
Kingosytex:
Trump has reduced the great America to a laughing stock cheesy cheesy cheesy

U have a low IQ .....u don't understand the American politics and u don't know what we are up against!!
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 09, 2021
densiks:

Other platforms that will allow free speech can test the waters.

I know it’s a whole lot of work to build and grow any platform but I hope we can have real broader options that can compete shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Facebook.

An African man has built something superficial more than WhatsApp recently. You can check him up on Google.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 09, 2021
Myer:

I know I should have probably massaged your ego since it is all you have but by telling you how little you know on this issue I'm actually doing you more good.

I've never been a Democrat supporter because I know they're worse than Republicans are. I'm only opening your eyes to the obvious. Trump this time was wrong.

Why did Trump call for the protest in the first place? (Just to cheer Republicans you say?)
What by your own understanding did he mean by fighting for their Democracy?
What did the crowd mean by fighting for Trump? (which clearly we witnessed by their actions).
Why after staging a failed protest has he finally decided to concede?

This are basic questions that you don't even need a high IQ to point you to the obvious answers you seem oblivious of.

LMAO you sent me an edited video made by a partisan democrat organization that has been trying to get Trump out of office since his election then you come and tell me you're not a liberal. Go sit down my friend. How can a blind man open the eyes of another man.

1. Americans are free to peacefully assemble and protest for any reason they like. Trump didn't organize the protests, his supporters did. he just jumped on board and promoted it when he found out about it.

2. Like I said 'fight' is a common term used by politicians. It means persevering in the struggle for your cause, whatever that cause may be. If you havn't heard this term used by even democrats before then I don't think you're as observant to the obvious as you claim.

3. The crowd meant continuing in their support for Trump and election accountability. If they all thought he meant get violent then the Capitol raid would have been worse because they would have ALL gone there. Not just few.

4. He conceded AFTER Congress certified Bidens win at which point the election was truly over and he had no other legal recourse.

Baba you sound slow sha. Was Obama inciting violence here too:

https://www.dw.com/en/obama-calls-on-americans-to-fight-for-democracy-in-farewell-speech/a-37083586
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by jazon(m): 10:24am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:

What are you saying? Did they label black lives matter insurrection? They had a cause. Endsars had a cause...........................................
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
because people are no longer free to express themselves there they leave and find other forums where their voices will be heard.
Absolutely! All the sensoring cannot be democracy. Eventually people will go back to radio.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 09, 2021
All these privately run fake news outlets, rubbish.

It is time to go back to listening to Radio. Public funded Radio like BBC news.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by emmyN(m): 10:55am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:

What evidence do you have to back up the allegation that twitter urged on arsonists? None! What evidence do you have that the people Jack donated to were responsible for the burning? Again, none!

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Necksonnel: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:

The terms and conditions has always been there. You just don't have time to read them. You can't make statements or accusations that can lead to terrorism and your account will not be ban. Even bullying on social media can lead to your account been ban. It's because the rules are now affecting the big boys now that's why you're noticing it but it's always been there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Isreal Orders Ground Offensive Into Gaza / There Is No Victory For The Poor Ukrainians - Hungary PM, Orban / Prince Harry Gets A New Job At BetterUp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.