Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE (44086 Views)

Yusuf Gagdi & Baba Hassan Campaign On A Bike In Jos, Plateau State / Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship / Admiral Ibas Launches Keel Of Nigeria's New Warship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by BreconHills(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2021
CSTRR:

I dont see how their massive investments has made them a ship building power.
You didn't specify what investments you are talking about.

How did we learn to build coastal ships? From china.
It was not accidental. It was a deliberate policy of people far intelligent than buhari.

Why change what is not broken?
Why not give the contract to china as usual so they can build in china and complete it in lagos .?
It is a win-win.

What does UAE have to offer us?

Let's define our discussion about
1. Is it buhari - I am not going there
2. Is it the UAE vs China
3. Or is it about us building heavy tonnage ships?

Once you let me know we can focus and direct our discussion accordingly
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by CSTRR: 11:55am On Jan 09, 2021
BreconHills:

Let's define our discussion about
1. Is it buhari - I am not going there
2. Is it the UAE vs China
3. Or is it about us building heavy tonnage ships?

Once you let me know we can focus and direct our discussion accordingly
All of them are involved.

UAE is not a legitimate ship building power.
China is.

A Jonathan will not give that contract to the UAE.

Govt determines policy. Govt is ran by individuals.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Elsueno: 11:58am On Jan 09, 2021
Kobicove:

You should be ashamed of yourself for celebrating mediocrity!

Most of the countries in Asia that got their independence the same time as Nigeria now have massive shipbuilding yards...

In 2021 over 60 years after independence Nigeria can't even make the engine block of an automobile yet you're celebrating building a defence ship in an Arab country which is a further drain on scarce foreign exchange.

Common sense is very far from you! angry

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by naptu2: 11:59am On Jan 09, 2021
There is so much ignorance on this thread!

Kai!

From people talking about the UAE (which tells you that they know absolutely nothing about the company that's building this ship)

To people trying to make it seem like our domestic production of seaward patrol boats has ended

To people doing the usual comic book nonsense and engaging in incredible fantasies.

Of course the bigots and propagandists are also out in full force.

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by CSTRR: 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2021
Kobicove:

You should be ashamed of yourself for celebrating mediocrity!

Most of the countries in Asia that got their independence the same time as Nigeria now have massive shipbuilding yards...

In 2021 over 60 years after independence Nigeria can't even make the engine block of an automobile yet you're celebrating building a defence ship in an Arab country which is a further drain on scarce foreign exchange.

Common sense is very far from you! angry
An Arab country that is ranked below us in the official military power rankings for that matter.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by naptu2: 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2021
Is the ship being built by a UAE company?

Has this company built ships for Nigeria in the past?

Are there Nigerian companies building boats for the Nigerian Navy at present?

Is the Nigerian Navy currently building its own 3rd seaward defence boat?

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by naptu2: 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2021
In fact, this is irritating.

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by naptu2: 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
Check out the logic!

It's being built in the UAE

Therefore it is a UAE - Northern Nigeria collaboration.

Therefore it is being built by a UAE company and the UAE don't know how to build ships.

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by naptu2: 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2021
What would it cost you to find out about a Dutch company that has been building ships since 1927 and has built ships for the Nigerian Navy for decades and which has a branch in the UAE??

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by naptu2: 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2021
In fact, I'm out of this thread. Got to protect my blood pressure.

The ignorance here is sickening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Elsueno: 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2021
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by BreconHills(m): 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
CSTRR:

All of them are involved.

UAE is not a legitimate ship building power.
China is.

A Jonathan will not give that contract to the UAE.

Govt determines policy. Govt is ran by individuals.

So, I am not going to continue this discussion because politics is a qualitative discussion that has non logic variables. What I want to discuss is the economic reasons why Nigeria cannot do high tonnage shipbuilding.

I wish you all the best of 2021.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by uuzba(m): 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
seguno2:

Vehicles are not manufactured but assembled by the company from parts made by others.
Yea, That's what I said.
But the man said he was sha manufacturing motorcycle body here, after learning it.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by naptu2: 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
One more thing before I go. Educate yourself. Damen is a global defence and ship building company that has shipyards around the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damen_Group

2 Likes

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by LikeAking: 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2021
WASTE OF MONEY
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2021
papaput2:
quota system inspection.. audio war ship

Until the Nigeria government start recruiting the best brain with no higher connection to occupy this sensitive position we will always remain in the shadow..

Government of the North ...all sensitive position... given to them by force leaving out the best brain to fly out..

The Northerner you envy is Chairman committee on Navy and is NASS responsibility to supervise the budgetary spendings of FG. Enjoy the hardworking innovation of NN with pictures in the link below.
The Military Warships Designed And Built In Nigeria by the Nigeria Navy
1. NNS Adoni (P100) is the first locally built Seaward Defense Boat (SDB) by the Nigerian Navy
2. NNS Karaduwa (P102) is a 40-meter Seaward defence boat.
https://autojosh.com/military-warships/

US imports a lot of stuff from China. Over $560 billion worth of goods came into the US from China in 2018, making up more than 21% of the value of all goods the US imported. In May, the US threatened to add an additional 25% tariff on goods that account for $300 billion worth of annual imports and this doesn't change the fact that US is still more developed than China.
Where were u when Defence Industry advertised for recruitment of experts mostly Scientist and Engineers with 10-15yrs work experience?
No country can sustain its social, economic, political, technological needs on its own in the world. We all need others for our needs.
Don't stretch ur neck and always compare Nigeria with countries that already have research knowledge before our amalgamation, look at our level then you'll be OK.
I advise you to go and do some research about the current transformation in Nigeria's defence industry, I'm sure you'll be marvelled.

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2021
faithfull18:
They keep exporting money that should be used here to other countries. Then, Nigeria pays for other countries labour and keeps them afloat.

When they could have brought in few experts to do the construction here, Nigerians get to understudy them for subsequent builds, they get to spend less on labour that way.

Enjoy the hardworking innovation of NN with pictures in the link below.
The Military Warships Designed And Built In Nigeria by the Nigeria Navy
1. NNS Adoni (P100) is the first locally built Seaward Defense Boat (SDB) by the Nigerian Navy
2. NNS Karaduwa (P102) is a 40-meter Seaward defence boat.
https://autojosh.com/military-warships/

Do some research about the current transformation in Nigeria's defence industry, I'm sure you'll see some serious development in terms of innovations of weapons, war tanks, strong military vehicles and war ships
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2021
That is what is required to fight shekau and his cousins 'bandits'
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Simplyleo: 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2021
Very good
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by AFONJACOW(m): 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
Where is the location lemme go and shit inside it, is it drydock yard , DMC or port Rashid
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by AFONJACOW(m): 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nah Abwardy dey handle the repairment, why they no give am to inter ocean...
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by AFONJACOW(m): 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
Our problem are more on Land than in the sea, we need tanks in North East not warships that will not fire one single shot in decade
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by AFONJACOW(m): 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2021
sacajawea:
Ehen! So it's true? Dubai companies can now handle reliable engineering, Auto and Science Projects/Contracts.
Maybe I will look into them fully from now on, No Country or Region has monopoly on Quality.
Abwardy is not a Dubai company have worked there
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Dedetwo(m): 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2021
naptu2:
Is the ship being built by a UAE company?

Has this company built ships for Nigeria in the past?

Are there Nigerian companies building boats for the Nigerian Navy at present?

Is the Nigerian Navy currently building its own 3rd seaward defence boat?

What difference does it make? Nigeria has boat building outfit and could have provided the space in Nigerian boatyard compound for the so-called company building the boat in UAE.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by naptu2: 12:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
Dedetwo:

What difference does it make? Nigeria has boat building outfit and could have provided the space in Nigerian boatyard compound for the so-called company building the boat in UAE.

1) Give me the name of the Nigerian company that has built a ship of that size.

2) Are you going to pay for the company to move its equipment to Nigeria??

We are talking about real life, not comic book fantasy.

2 Likes

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Josywhyte: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2021
Las las na Boko haram go get am..I trust our presido na
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by rafcrown(m): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2021
All that I can see is
Corruption
Inefficiency
Importation
Waste of resources
Waste of tax payers money to inspect,
Waste of time
Negotiations
Ineffective planning

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by delishpot: 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2021
Good. They will sha place lots of bugs, surveillance tools and trackers before delivery. What great opportunity for UAE to collect info from stupid countries who cant develop themselves esp because of corrupt leaders. Collect their monies and sabotage their intelligence. Using one stone to kill all the birds.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by goody234: 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2021
Money has changed hands somewhere inflate the price then share the difference ....thats how you do business in nigeria
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by AsiwajuNdigbo: 2:21pm On Jan 09, 2021
Naptu,
Thank you for bringing us this educative thread. I learnt from it. I do have questions and hope you will be kind to answer it. Dont respond to me condescendingly like you did last time. My questions are always very important and if you take patience to review you can understand the value. So be patient to reflect on this question Oga.

We finished a war in 1970. Shortly after that, in 1975 nigeria had a economic boom and implemented an infrastructural expansion.

Gowon was Head of State up to 1977, seven years after the war and the leader of the wealthiest independent African country.

Can you give me scope of where UAE, either as independent desert clans or collective arab nations, were in their political and economic development?

Give me some sense of scale in political and economic comparison between nigeria and what we now know as UAE between years 1970 and 1975. Infact make it a decade, between 1970 and 1980.

You will agree with me, nigeria is useless, a retrograde country, a shitty hole like President Trump said.

Given where Biafra was in political, technological advancement between 1967 and 1970, if we had succeeded as a sovereign it can conveniently be forecasted that tha advancement would have ccontinud in its trajectory and there is no doubt we would have been an independent warcraft builder by now. When i say warcraft this is total. That is Biafra would produce hardware for its war needs and even export.

If you disagree with this its becayse you are biased.

It is a pain, infact a great insult and gross shame to read that nigeria goes to uae to purchase naval ship.

First, who is nigeria fighting on the sea? A ghost invader force?

Weve been fighting bokoharam over a decade and cant push them out of a small enclave but we are pouring trillions into war hardwares. Which one of our neighbouring countries can we defeat in a war?

Anyway, while i enjoyed the educative angle of this thread, I must say I am dissapointed in nigeria.

In closing, Biafra will always be bigger than nigeria in its political and technological context. We proved it and showed what we are capable of and every Biafran remain proud, even in our loss. No Nigerian will be proud of its navy going to uae to purchase warcraft. In 1975 when Nigerians rode in mercedes, rolls royce, bentley, jaguar, people in uae rode on camel back.

End this useless backward tracking zoo!
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Dex4(m): 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
Madness, we send out our jobs to the UAE....ships can be produced in Lagos waters there....hust madness!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products / Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag / Atiku Shades Buhari On Walking 800 Metres In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.