Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE (44156 Views)

Yusuf Gagdi & Baba Hassan Campaign On A Bike In Jos, Plateau State / Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship / Admiral Ibas Launches Keel Of Nigeria's New Warship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Germi9: 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2021
faithfull18:
They keep exporting money that should be used here to other countries. Then, Nigeria pays for other countries labour and keeps them afloat.

When they could have brought in few experts to do the construction here, Nigerians get to understudy them for subsequent builds, they get to spend less on labour that way.
and we have all the raw materials from scratch to finish...by the way why UAE? am fed up with this government buying weapons from the last time it was an outdated war plane from Pakistan and now construction if warship in UAE and Russia is there
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by davillian(m): 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
We don't have aircraft carriers
And it's very important for the NAF...
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by faithfull18(f): 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
Germi9:

and we have all the raw materials from scratch to finish...by the way why UAE? am fed up with this government buying weapons from the last time it was an outdated war plane from Pakistan and now construction if warship in UAE and Russia is there
Some can be sourced here. My point is the exporting of labour as almost 100% of those who would work on that war ship will be foreigners so the next time they want to build again, it would be contracted out without any Nigerian learning nothing. That's my point.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by vioment: 4:23pm On Jan 09, 2021
I don't like this, like I didn't like many other things.

Why go to UAE to build, when UAE is going to America to build and buy. If we can't build at home, then we should go build or buy from the best builders out there. Now we are letting UAE improve their building skills with our own, while we dont have any experience in building it. No sense in that to me.

It is the same thing that happened with a whole Nigerian number 1 oga yaradua. They took him to Saudi to kpai, meanwhile Saudi number 1 went to America to kpai. I would have preferred yaradua kpai in Nigeria, because it makes me feel like Saudi didn't do their best for our king. I think Nigeria or a place with the best competent expertise could have done more to help keep him alive.

This why electricity should have the highest focus among other priorities.

With electricity, creativity and industrialization will be immerse. That will give us 25 to 40 years of straight economic real growth, not the pitiful growth that exist now.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by zinaunreal(m): 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
Only 1? Mscheww
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Bahamas95(m): 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2021
Always looking for opportunities to embezzle.

Thieves!

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Brian47(m): 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2021
Millions of money is gone
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Miracle1991: 7:02pm On Jan 09, 2021
papaput2:
quota system inspection.. audio war ship

Until the Nigeria government start recruiting the best brain with no higher connection to occupy this sensitive position we will always remain in the shadow..

Government of the North ...all sensitive position... given to them by force leaving out the best brain to fly out..
if you are not happy use the sniper.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Miracle1991: 7:05pm On Jan 09, 2021
dazzlingd:
It must be aboki, abokis everywhere...

A country where appointments are so lopsided..
Nepotism and injustice and u expect such country to move forward....abokis everywhere
go and check your DNA.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Miracle1991: 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
When the northerners were doing the military Job many of you prefer to go to Alaba and sell spare parts. The military job is for Patriots not money mongers.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by magzey: 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2021
faithfull18:
They keep exporting money that should be used here to other countries. Then, Nigeria pays for other countries labour and keeps them afloat.

When they could have brought in few experts to do the construction here, Nigerians get to understudy them for subsequent builds, they get to spend less on labour that way.
You are the same people shouting on importing foreign rice while Buhari insist of local rice . see yourself?
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by faithfull18(f): 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2021
magzey:

You are the same people shouting on importing foreign rice while Buhari insist of local rice . see yourself?
This is different please, my emphasis is on knowledge transfer.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:00pm On Jan 09, 2021
post=97875165:
This is massively massive mehn!

Nigerian Navy has been one of the most vibrant armed forces in Nigeria, with a near excellent performance record; hence the need to encourage them with the required facilities for optimal discharge of their responsibilities.

From one gigantic project to another.
May God forever bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo as they make our once looted and vandalized nation work again.

God bless Nigeria.

You can say that again.

Naptu,
You get time dey reply dis kind people sef.
They never like to see any good and positive news towards Nigeria lailai!
Waste of space.

Thanks for lecturing Baawaa as an elder brother.
He has learnt something today. cool

Oga, stop this mediocre class worship.

Navy is an army on water. It is part of legacy converted from colonial govt. Outside of civil war, give one major mission nigerian navy has ever exercised to protect the water territory against outside adversaries.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
vioment:
I don't like this, like I didn't like many other things.

Why go to UAE to build, when UAE is going to America to build and buy. If we can't build at home, then we should go build or buy from the best builders out there. Now we are letting UAE improve their building skills with our own, while we dont have any experience in building it. No sense in that to me.

It is the same thing that happened with a whole Nigerian number 1 oga yaradua. They took him to Saudi to kpai, meanwhile Saudi number 1 went to America to kpai. I would have preferred yaradua kpai in Nigeria, because it makes me feel like Saudi didn't do their best for our king. I think Nigeria or a place with the best competent expertise could have done more to help keep him alive.

This why electricity should have the highest focus among other priorities.

With electricity, creativity and industrialization will be immerse. That will give us 25 to 40 years of straight economic real growth, not the pitiful growth that exist now.

I put the question to naptu himself, waiting on answer.

Back in 1970 and the decade up to 1980 the poorest our 12 states back then was richer than this uae.

I dont want to preempt naptu but i suspect this is an open check to steal money. They are using shipbuilding contract to loot nigerian treasury and launder the money via war equipment contractors.

Where would uae get steel to build the ship hull? They have to import it. It is not even impossible that we supply the steel to begin with.

Our history is filled with many samples of such loot-holes.

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by vioment: 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
AsiwajuNdigbo:

I put the question to naptu himself, waiting on answer.

Back in 1970 and the decade up to 1980 the poorest our 12 states back then was richer than this uae.

I dont want to preempt naptu but i suspect this is an open check to steal money. They are using shipbuilding contract to loot nigerian treasury and launder the money via war equipment contractors.

Where would uae get steel to build the ship hull? They have to import it. It is not even impossible that we supply the steel to begin with.

Our history is filled with many samples of such loot-holes.

They don't care to plan at all. Like you rightly said, this is a way to launder money in cohort with the UAE partners, who will help them with mysterious accounts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Policy3: 9:42am On Jan 10, 2021
Good....when will they build submarine too.....
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 10, 2021
CSTRR:
Before buhari came into power, there was usually tech transfer in ship building where china or the south korean Hyundai heavy built part of our ships and complete the rest in lagos or port harcourt.
And it has helped us in building small ships on our own.

When did this UAE nonsense start?

Are these mallams going to degrade everything that make sense?
grin grin
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2021
flybiz08:
Under construction?

From UAE? Can the UAE even protect themselves?

My opinion is under construction.

What do I know?

They can defend their selves, they can turn your country back to stone age.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Germi9: 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2021
faithfull18:

Some can be sourced here. My point is the exporting of labour as almost 100% of those who would work on that war ship will be foreigners so the next time they want to build again, it would be contracted out without any Nigerian learning nothing. That's my point.
yeah right
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
@naptu

Sir, it just so happened that I wasn't granted permission to mention or even quote you on your other thread- the one in the diary section but then, I have decided to ask the question that I was meaning to ask on the other thread right here.

And it goes thus: You made mention of a certain General Dogonyaro on that thread. Now, I know there were a lot of officers in the NA who went by the name Dogonyaro in those years. But is this particular General Dogonyaro in any way the same as Joshua Nimyel Dogonyaro?

NB: I would definitely be doing a follow up reading on General Quainoo. An acquaintance of my father's once labelled him as nothing 'more than a sellout' in the ECOMOG cause.

Do you think there is a slight chance that he was bought over by the bad guys to scuttle ECOMOG's Ops in Liberia or something?
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by naptu2: 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
mansakhalifa:
@naptu

Sir, it just so happened that I wasn't granted permission to mention or even quote you on your other thread- the one in the diary section but then, I have decided to ask the question that I was meaning to ask on the other thread right here.

And it goes thus: You made mention of a certain General Dogonyaro on that thread. Now, I know there were a lot of officers in the NA who went by the name Dogonyaro in those years. But is this particular General Dogonyaro in any way the same as Joshua Nimyel Dogonyaro?

NB: I would definitely be doing a follow up reading on General Quainoo. An acquaintance of my father's once labelled him as nothing 'more than a sellout' in the ECOMOG cause.

Do you think there is a slight chance that he was bought over by the bad guys to scuttle ECOMOG's Ops in Liberia or something?

Yes, Lieutenant General Joshua Dogonyaro.

I just realised that the link to General Iweze's interview is dead. Luckily I saved the text of the interview somewhere else. I'm going to post it on my diary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
naptu2:

Yes, Lieutenant General Joshua Dogonyaro.

I just realised that the link to General Iweze's interview is dead. Luckily I saved the text of the interview somewhere else. I'm going to post it on my diary.

Well, thanks, sir.

I sincerely appreciate the effort.

Reading on...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which States Will Peter Obi Win To Win The Presidential Election? / Oshiomhole Replies Dino Melaye, Says 'you're Empty' / Soldiers Foil Kidnap Of Bishop Ukwuoma in Imo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.