Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1643674 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shuayb0(m): 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2021
mbolajide2010:
I got two admissions from the WIU and I have been asked to choose the one I will like to pursue - the two courses are M.Sc Mathematics and M.Sc Applied Statistics and Decision Analytics. I want to know which of the two programs is easier to get GA.

Thank you.
Hi, I got admitted for Applied Analytics and Decision Science too about a month ago. Still waiting for GA decision.

I believe your choice of program should be based on what you intend to achieve after the program. Than Analytics program is a business degree which basically prepares you for corporate employment, while the mathematics program is more research oriented ( you can still enter corporate world with this,especially investment banking).

You can also choose based on the curriculum and which one has courses you are most interested in. I think you applied to both to increase your funding opportunities, either way, you can switch between them when you get there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fatalveli(m): 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
UZAD:
it is possible, I have the same case, you only need to convince VO at the point of interview of your relationship.
Are you in the US now ?

Also, can I apply with IELTS or does it have to be Toefl?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayotycoon(m): 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hello every one. I would like to pay my sevis fee but can only do that with western union. Went to about 5 banks today and they all couldnt send the money for me. Please what are my other options?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by websta: 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hello guys, I got a denial yesterday at the Abuja embassy after traveling from Lagos. My transcript goes like this;
I am actually applying for an associate degree.

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir
Vo: pass me your I-20
Me: I did
Vo: Have you been to the US before or traveled outside the country
Me: No sir. No reason to travel;
Vo: Where will you be staying in the US
Me: On the campus for the meantime before getting any other accommodation
Vo: Who's sponsoring you
Me: My elder brother
Vo: What does your brother do
Me: He's a Director in xoxoxo and a real estate developer. He typed on the system and what I heard was "sorry you are not eligible, try again"
I was pained.
I'm thinking where I goofed was when he asked where I will be staying I should have mentioned the campus address as it's on my DS application and he didn't ask for any document sef.
Guys, please help me a review.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2021
godguy:

Prodigy finance
okayy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 1:37pm On Apr 13, 2021
websta:
Hello guys, I got a denial yesterday at the Abuja embassy after traveling from Lagos. My transcript goes like this;

Vo: Have you been to the US before or travelled outside the county
Me: No sir. No reason trave;
Me: He's a Director in xoxoxo and a real estate developer. He typed on the system and what I heard was "sorry you are not eligible, try again"
I was pained.
I'm thinking where I goofed was when he asked where I will be staying I should have mentioned the campus address as it's on my DS application and he didn't ask for any document sef.

wow. sorry about the delay.
better luck on your next attempt.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2021
ayotycoon:
Hello every one. I would like to pay my sevis fee but can only do that with western union. Went to about 5 banks today and they all couldnt send the money for me. Please what are my other options?
cc walsprig or send me a DM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damian457: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2021
websta:

I was pained.

Community college?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
websta:

I was pained.

first red flag
Applying to a community college
That’s the primary one
In this recent times omo e no de fly
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rudy23: 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
June 2; 15; and 24 where available yesterday but they should have all been booked by now. check your portal regularly for new dates. quote author=UZAD post=100752842]Please which dates were out yesterday, i need to reshedule my interview from may 14 to another dates.

please help.
[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by maheezat1993(f): 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2021
Good afternoon guys,please my friend received a message and an email this morning that her visa interview date was rescheduled for 13th of May instead of 12th of May and she didn’t reschedule it herself...Did anyone also receive the email?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jherry93(m): 3:53pm On Apr 13, 2021
Ellamma1:
Please who recently got admitted into bgsu? I need help with something.
hello, what do you need help with?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
Pls bro I have submitted my passport and financial statement to bgsu for a while now (over a month) and I am yet to get any response (I-20). What could be the delay.
Jherry93:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jherry93(m): 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
obajoey:
Pls bro I have submitted my passport and financial statement to bgsu for a while now (over a month) and I am yet to get any response (I-20). What could be the delay.
I have the same issue. Just a mail to ISS to enquire about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ellamma1(f): 4:24pm On Apr 13, 2021
08032561317. Chat me on whatsapp please
Jherry93:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2021
Just did that.
Thanks.
Jherry93:
I have the same issue. Just a mail to ISS to enquire about it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by logist001: 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2021
Plenty dates in June now for Abuja

Hurry!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by smartapps(m): 5:27pm On Apr 13, 2021
logist001:
Hurry!!!!

Thanks for this smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 7:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
Good evening house, my interview is in Abuja but my passport pickup location is in Lagos.

1. Hope this is not an issue?
2. Would I be charged for the logistics and when would I be charged?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Drphade: 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 13, 2021
urchdiya:
Good evening house, my interview is in Abuja but my passport pickup location is in Lagos.

1. Hope this is not an issue?
2. Would I be charged for the logistics and when would I be charged?

1. No issue.
2. No, you won’t be charged.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2021
Drphade:
Hello House,

I have a very important question

I've been admitted to one PhD program already I got the i20, paid sevis fee and booked a visa appointment, now I'm being admitted to another program this time with funding!
What do I do about my sevis and visa appointment?
How can I work this out in order to accept the second offer ?

You can easily transfer your Sevis payment on the new school.
As for your visa appointment, you will need to cancel your appointment entirely and fill in the details of your new school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ikjosh04: 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2021
Good day all, I'm actually depressed cause I think the choices I've made for the past 1 year are not yielding the results they're meant to which ordinarily is beyond my control.

I'm a 2019 chemical engineering graduate and finished nysc Feb 2021.

I started my admission and visa application to study Msc Engineering Management in Australia during my nysc.

I've spent over $15k for my tution deposit and health insurance, visa granted and I was supposed to resume my Msc Feb 2021(few days after nysc) pop.

I planned everything this way so I won't be in this kind of situation I find myself presently.

Australia boarder has been closed for more than a year now, so I had to defer my admission to July intake but with all the news and happenings in Australia, that country is so indecisive and not looking to open her boarders any time.

Her health minister and ScottMo has been forecasting Feb 2022 is the best time to open Australia boarder and honestly, everything is just pissing me off about that country at the moment.

Please I'll like the Elder's in the house @fairheart and others to guide me.

I want to know if I can get full/partial funding to study Msc Engineering Management or Business Analytics in any USA university. I have a flair for professional business inclined courses and not academic research courses.

If it's possible, I'll like to know the GRE, PTE and any other exam pass mark score I need to get to enable me get the funding with list of universities that might be offering funding for the courses I listed above.

I want to put things in order and apply for my visa for the early next year intake.

Meanwhile, I'll defer my admission for July 2021 to Feb 2022 if the Australia boarder is still closed for international students and as soon as I get funding in any Usa university, I'll request for my tution fee back from my Australia uni though my Indian friends have been complaining Australia uni are refusing or delaying to refund.

Also, I'll like to know the best path way for international students to get residency and citizenship in the USA after completing a postgraduate program from your experience and knowledge.

N.b., I'll take time to go through the thread to learn from others.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
She's lucky they even helped her to reschedule it

maheezat1993:
Good afternoon guys,please my friend received a message and an email this morning that her visa interview date was rescheduled for 13th of May instead of 12th of May and she didn’t reschedule it herself...Did anyone also receive the email?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
Ikjosh04:
Good day all, I'm actually depressed cause I think the choices I've made for the past 1 year are not yielding the results they're meant to which ordinarily is beyond my control.

I'm a 2019 chemical engineering graduate and finished nysc Feb 2021.

I started my admission and visa application to study Msc Engineering Management in Australia during my nysc.

I've spent over $15k for my tution deposit and health insurance, visa granted and I was supposed to resume my Msc Feb 2021(few days after nysc) pop.

I planned everything this way so I won't be in this kind of situation I find myself presently.

Australia boarder has been closed for more than a year now, so I had to defer my admission to July intake but with all the news and happenings in Australia, that country is so indecisive and not looking to open her boarders any time.

Her health minister and ScottMo has been forecasting Feb 2022 is the best time to open Australia boarder and honestly, everything is just pissing me off about that country at the moment.

Please I'll like the Elder's in the house @fairheart and others to guide me.

I want to know if I can get full/partial funding to study Msc Engineering Management or Business Analytics in any USA university. I have a flair for professional business inclined courses and not academic research courses.

If it's possible, I'll like to know the GRE, PTE and any other exam pass mark score I need to get to enable me get the funding with list of universities that might be offering funding for the courses I listed above.

I want to put things in order and apply for my visa for the early next year intake.

Meanwhile, I'll defer my admission for July 2021 to Feb 2022 if the Australia boarder is still closed for international students and as soon as I get funding in any Usa university, I'll request for my tution fee back from my Australia uni though my Indian friends have been complaining Australia uni are refusing or delaying to refund.

Also, I'll like to know the best path way for international students to get residency and citizenship in the USA after completing a postgraduate program from your experience and knowledge.

N.b., I'll take time to go through the thread to learn from others.

The issue is outside your control. Relax. Do not leave what you started and successfully finish because of minor obstacle, which is outside your control at the moment. Take your time to learn something related to your program of study while you wait for Australia to open its border. Australia will open its border and your visa will be extended if required and necessary.

It is better to go to Australia than to the U.S, as there's no easy path to residency in the U.S except you marry a U.S citizen and get a competitive H1B. There is no easy path at all. But if you want this, then you can consider it, but I advise you against making this decision now. It is easier to become a resident in Australia than in the U.S.

To Dos.
1. Communicates to the school what is happening concerning border closure and let them know you cannot come in now, that since the border is closed you will need to defer and come in later.
2. Consider what you can do to improve yourself while the border remain closed. The delay is a huge opportunity you should explore to prepare for what lies ahead. Read more, explore courses you are likely going to study in Australia, etc.
3. Learn to be patient, because sometimes life require it; and sometimes, it is good for our journey. Please be patient and stop bothering and frustrating yourself.
4. Consider writing to the Australian embassy and communicate your concern to them. I am sure they will likely respond and give you some form of assurance or support you may need.

The opportunity you have right now is not available to several other people somewhere out there. Please keep calm and use the wait to improve yourself.

I am confident that Australia will not wait till 2022 before its border is open to the world. I project that the border will open before October or December. Keep good faith and enjoy your waiting period.

This is my advise for you. If you have more question, you can ask.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Slim4Rehani(f): 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
logist001:

Hurry!!!!

can I cancel my appointment and reschedule, and how many time can one reschedule
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Drphade: 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ikjosh04: 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2021
fairheart:

The issue is outside your control. Relax. Do not leave what you started and successfully finish because of minor obstacle, which is outside your control at the moment. Take your time to learn something related to your program of study while you wait for Australia to open its border. Australia will open its border and your visa will be extended if required and necessary.

It is better to go to Australia than to the U.S, as there's no easy path to residency in the U.S except you marry a U.S citizen and get a competitive H1B. There is no easy path at all. But if you want this, then you can consider it, but I advise you against making this decision now. It is easier to become a resident in Australia than in the U.S.

To Dos.
1. Communicates to the school what is happening concerning border closure and let them know you cannot come in now, that since the border is closed you will need to defer and come in later.
2. Consider what you can do to improve yourself while the border remain closed. The delay is a huge opportunity you should explore to prepare for what lies ahead. Read more, explore courses you are likely going to study in Australia, etc.
3. Learn to be patient, because sometimes life require it; and sometimes, it is good for our journey. Please be patient and stop bothering and frustrating yourself.
4. Consider writing to the Australian embassy and communicate your concern to them. I am sure they will likely respond and give you some form of assurance or support you may need.

The opportunity you have right now is not available to several other people somewhere out there. Please keep calm and use the wait to improve yourself.

I am confident that Australia will not wait till 2022 before its border is open to the world. I project that the border will open before October or December. Keep good faith and enjoy your waiting period.

Noted, thank you!

No questions for now. I celebrate you!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 10:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
[quote author=Slim4Rehani post=100770828]
Yes you can. And you can only cancel once.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 10:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
Slim4Rehani:

can I cancel my appointment and reschedule, and how many time can one reschedule

Yes you can & you can only cancel once
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 10:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
But it's absolutely ridiculous that a country that has not had up to 50 daily cases for over 9 months can still have its borders shut. They had just 6 cases yesterday. There's no excuse besides wanting to find an excuse to shut out foreigners. If not because starting the US process is time-consuming, I would have advised him to forget Australia.
fairheart:

To Dos.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by websta: 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
Please can you see any date for lagos?
urchdiya:

Yes you can & you can only cancel once

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.