Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638572 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psychologyshuby: 11:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hi I sent you an email. Thanks.
Jukwasi:
Wow! Congrats. I read psychology. If you did not see Industrial psychology transcript, let me know. I can put you through.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Debbss: 11:05pm On Apr 20, 2021
Heyjessay:

Congratulations!!!
Can you also tell us about the experience...especially the covid related ones.

How was the crowd? Were the queues long? Etc

Thanks! Well, the queues were long, can't say if it's always like that but too many people were scheduled for today. The nose mask is compulsory and you'll be asked to sanitize your hands using the sanitizer dispenser at every room you enter..... apart from this, no other COVID protocols

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lakesilla(m): 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
Kindly share with me when you see bro..I'm also interested.
psychologyshuby:
I haven’t seen any transcript with industrial/ organizational psychology.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 11:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
KemLaughs:
Please how does one answer the questions 'Why Abuja Embassy'?
The simple response is : "That's where I saw dates available"

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
UZAD:
You cant call that telling lies.

Off course if I am ask at the point of interview, I will confirm that only curious bcoz I may not have the chance to defend myself.

Was only asking if. I can amend it back on anew ds160

Let’s be blunt, it is lying. You are deliberately leaving out a material fact because you think being truthful will negatively impact your visa decision. The application form asks for all your educational records, not just some or the ones you feel like mentioning... that you would have mentioned it, if asked, is immaterial. It only makes you look worse to the VO. Especially since he has access to the info you submitted a few years ago.

As I said earlier, you are not obligated to provide it neither should you listen to anything I say.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 11:35pm On Apr 20, 2021
tonero4urch:

I got admission too for masters in Actuarial Mathematics and Decision Analytics for fall 2021 with no funding. They also told me to pay 500 dollars to secure my seat which will be added towards my tuition. I am gladly declining cos I got better offers. They are looking for money in the pocket of someone that is also looking for money. That is why it's not advisable to apply for admission to all these private universities- their sole aim is profit. They want me to pay for masters in America when i should be paid. Ain't nobody got time for that. Peace�

Lol, how do you think they buy and maintain all the facilities you want to enjoy as part of your education? By magic?

It’s ok to reject an offer if it’s not financially ok for you, we all do. But don’t insult their process. Stevens is an excellent school for engineers.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 11:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
psychologyshuby:
Hi I sent you an email. Thanks.
Okay
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psychologyshuby: 11:54pm On Apr 20, 2021
Congratulations to you. Based on your experience today, would you say more people were approved or disapproved? Thank you
Debbss:

Thanks! Well, the queues were long, can't say if it's always like that but too many people were scheduled for today. The nose mask is compulsory and you'll be asked to sanitize your hands using the sanitizer dispenser at every room you enter..... apart from this, no other COVID protocols

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lentomac: 12:30am On Apr 21, 2021
Applied Theatre Arts/Drama Assistantships in the US

Find attached the word document below to see the links, then apply

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lemine: 1:22am On Apr 21, 2021
Please I will like to know if you write GRE before you get funding?

quote author=Picricchem post=100931692]

Embassy Location: Abuja

School name: Kennesaw State University, metro Atlanta Georgia.

Program: Ms. Chemistry.

UG Degree : Chemistry.

GRE & Toefl Scores if there is Any: 304 no toefl.

GPA : 3.07 Wes (2.2 gpa)

Financial Aid/Funding:
GTA : 32,300
Deficit = 14k +
COA = 47K
Sponsor: Uncle

I heard about Kennesaw state university from Brown2green. May God bless him.

I'm grateful to God Almighty that made today possible. Everything started in 2019.
I wrote GRE and applied to schools but they all rejected me then I ran to Nairaland to tender my case.

One angel saw my case on Nairaland and sent a mail to me. We call him Pepe �. I thank God for using Pepe for me. He told me to go and do WES so that I can get admission and funding. I told him it wasn't possible becos I didn't have that kind of money. He pressed on me until I did WES, then my story changed.

I am so happy right now. Only God could have done this.

I planned to have my interview at a later date but I just discovered that my passport will remain exactly 6 months tomorrow. God gave me today's date in short �

Interview
Vo: good morning
Me: good morning sir.
Vo: do you have up to six months on this passport.
Me: yes sir. It will remain six months tomorrow.
Vo: where are you going in the US?
Me: I'm going to kennesaw state university for my Master's degree in chemistry. I got this offer in 2020 but due to covid lockdown I couldn't secure an appointment.
Vo: oh, I see.
Me: yes sir. In fact my assistantship was kept for me.
Vo: nodding in agreement.
Vo : why do you want to have this degree?
Me: I planned to join a multinational company here in Nigeria as a research and development Chemist, and this degree will put me in the best position to achieve that.
I'm currently eyeing Nestlé, OLAM, and Unilever.
Vo: where are you working presently?
Me: I'm working with Nestlé Nigeria on contract. I joined them pending the beginning of my program as I can't take up any permanent appointment until I get my Master's.
Vo: have you travelled out before?
Me: No sir.
Vo: who is your sponsor?
Me : named him.
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he holds the position of vice president at OLAM international. So he controls all their manufacturing activities in Nigeria.
Vo: didn't get OLAM so I spelt for him.
Vo: why does he want to sponsor you?
Me: he was the one that advised me to go for my Master's abroad to gain a better research knowledge and international exposure before I join their company as R&grin Chemist. He promised to render all the necessary support and he's doing just that. In fact he gave me the money last year before I realized I couldn't go.
Vo: the money is in your account?
Me: No sir. In his account.
Vo: do you have his statement?
Me: yes I do. Gave him.
While he collected it to check, I quickly added.. that's just his transactional account, not his salary account.
Me: the assistantship I have has covered full tuition and living expenses, he's just covering the miscellaneous expenses.
Vo: checked the i20 again, then drop the account statement and then he said something I didn't hear and gave me the white paper.
Me: still standing at his front like I was in another world.
Vo: you are free to go.

Hallelujah!
The security there said it was the longest interview.

I appreciate everyone on this thread. Thanks so much!

Spence, thanks so much for words of wisdom.

Pepe my brother, I love you so much.

Glory be to God![/quote]

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ehizy007: 3:45am On Apr 21, 2021
Congratulations.
Debbss:
Visa approved this morning at Lagos Embassy, I'll post transcript soon.
A very big thank you to God Almighty and Lex04 for being a true and supportive friend. God bless you and yours. I also appreciate Esther, Akeem and Victor for the mock interviews and your time, thank you guys!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kayuz40(m): 3:55am On Apr 21, 2021
Please can i use a bank statement issued in April for a visa interview that will hold in July?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ehizy007: 4:23am On Apr 21, 2021
Yes. Min of 6months is what they need.
kayuz40:
Please can i use a bank statement issued in April for a visa interview that will hold in July?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psychologyshuby: 6:21am On Apr 21, 2021
Hello
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adurajoseph: 7:22am On Apr 21, 2021
Hello guys, please how can I pay for my SEVIS fee? I am very lost on this.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Picricchem: 7:30am On Apr 21, 2021
I wrote GRE. Scored 304

lemine:
Please I will like to know if you write GRE before you get funding?

quote author=Picricchem post=100931692]

Financial Aid/Funding:
Deficit = 14k +
COA = 47K

I'm grateful to God Almighty that made today possible. Everything started in 2019.
I wrote GRE and applied to schools but they all rejected me then I ran to Nairaland to tender my case.

One angel saw my case on Nairaland and sent a mail to me. We call him Pepe �. I thank God for using Pepe for me. He told me to go and do WES so that I can get admission and funding. I told him it wasn't possible becos I didn't have that kind of money. He pressed on me until I did WES, then my story changed.

I planned to have my interview at a later date but I just discovered that my passport will remain exactly 6 months tomorrow. God gave me today's date in short �

Interview
Me: I'm going to kennesaw state university for my Master's degree in chemistry. I got this offer in 2020 but due to covid lockdown I couldn't secure an appointment.
Me: I planned to join a multinational company here in Nigeria as a research and development Chemist, and this degree will put me in the best position to achieve that.
Me: I'm working with Nestlé Nigeria on contract. I joined them pending the beginning of my program as I can't take up any permanent appointment until I get my Master's.
Me: he holds the position of vice president at OLAM international. So he controls all their manufacturing activities in Nigeria.
Me: he was the one that advised me to go for my Master's abroad to gain a better research knowledge and international exposure before I join their company as R&grin Chemist. He promised to render all the necessary support and he's doing just that. In fact he gave me the money last year before I realized I couldn't go.
While he collected it to check, I quickly added.. that's just his transactional account, not his salary account.
Me: the assistantship I have has covered full tuition and living expenses, he's just covering the miscellaneous expenses.
Vo: checked the i20 again, then drop the account statement and then he said something I didn't hear and gave me the white paper.

Hallelujah!

Glory be to God!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ztemitope: 8:00am On Apr 21, 2021
Congratulations
Debbss:
Visa approved this morning at Lagos Embassy, I'll post transcript soon.
A very big thank you to God Almighty and Lex04 for being a true and supportive friend. God bless you and yours. I also appreciate Esther, Akeem and Victor for the mock interviews and your time, thank you guys!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pierre92(m): 8:13am On Apr 21, 2021
Are visa renewals still done in Canada and/or Mexico? Has anyone renewed theirs recently?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heyjessay: 8:55am On Apr 21, 2021
April 27 & May 6 appointments are currently available for Lagos

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 8:55am On Apr 21, 2021
tonero4urch:

I got admission too for masters in Actuarial Mathematics and Decision Analytics for fall 2021 with no funding. They also told me to pay 500 dollars to secure my seat which will be added towards my tuition. I am gladly declining cos I got better offers. They are looking for money in the pocket of someone that is also looking for money. That is why it's not advisable to apply for admission to all these private universities- their sole aim is profit. They want me to pay for masters in America when i should be paid. Ain't nobody got time for that. Peace�

Do you know that 95% of graduates of Stevens are employed within 3 months after graduation, while in some courses, 99% are employed within 3 months after graduation with median salary median of more than $90k in some courses above $100k.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cessnk: 9:03am On Apr 21, 2021
Hello all ,Please I am trying to book a slot for f1 interview and i got a notification that no interview date is available.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anneayo: 9:05am On Apr 21, 2021
Heyjessay:
April 27 & May 6 appointments are currently available for Lagos

It’s no longer available �

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by drlucky17: 9:15am On Apr 21, 2021
Good morning guys just got an offer from Brandeis university , with a scholarship of $20000. But I’m asked to pay a 2500 enrollment fee . Please what do I do . I have written the graduate coordinator and they still insist .
Brandeis is a very prestigious school with 34 position ranking amongst us schools and also 30% acceptance rate .

Guys please what can I do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Danny4show(m): 9:17am On Apr 21, 2021
Hi Bro. Please check your mail, I just sent you a PM
Picricchem:

Financial Aid/Funding:
Deficit = 14k +
COA = 47K

Interview

Hallelujah!

Glory be to God!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 9:59am On Apr 21, 2021
Please can you help me with Public Policy or Public Affairs assistantships? Thanks

lentomac:
13 International Relations Assistantships in the U.S (Funded)

Find attached the word document below to see the links, then apply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 10:06am On Apr 21, 2021
Is there anyone who got admitted to Georgia State University (MSc)!or University of Texas, Dallas (MSc) or is currently schooling there? Kindly indicate please.Its urgent.Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 10:19am On Apr 21, 2021
Tulacious123:
Is there anyone who got admitted to Georgia State University (MSc)!or University of Texas, Dallas (MSc) or is currently schooling there? Kindly indicate please.Its urgent.Thanks

i got admitted at utdallas, though i have not accepted it yet

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Polly240: 10:22am On Apr 21, 2021
Good morning everyone
Pls can someone help me review and transcript, my interview is in 2 weeks.
Thank you.

V.O: Good morning
ME: Good morning. How’re you today?

V.O: where are you headed?
ME: I’m going to Georgia State University for a master degree program in Chemistry.

V.O: what’s your academic background?
ME: I completed my bachelors degree at Bowen University, Iwo with a first class honours in Biochemistry in 2018. After which I went on for my one year NYSC program where I taught chemistry at a secondary school in kaduna state.

V.O: what do you know about GSU?
ME: GSU located in downtown Atlanta was founded in 1913 as a night school for the Georgia school of technology. It is one of the four research universities in the university system of Georgia; university of Georgia, Augusta university and Georgia institute of technology.

V.O: why GSU?
ME: Asides the fact that I was offered a full tuition wavier with a graduate research assistantship position that’s comes with stipend. GSU has a very high research activity with its chemistry program among the top 10% in the USA according to US news ranking. Also, during my search I discovered Dr Suri Iyer whose research interest in drug design and molecular assay development aligns perfectly with mine. I’ll be working directly with him and he’s keen on having me join his research group. Also, GSU is located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, so I would get to experience life in the city and diverse cultures.

V.O: how did you discover the school?
ME: after my decision to get a master degree in chemistry. I used Peterson’s and gradschools website to search for schools offering a masters degree in chemistry, then I streamlined my options based on my research interests. That’s how I came across Dr suri and GSU.

V.O: what’s your research interest?
ME: my research interest focuses on the design and synthesis of small molecule antagonists of chemokine receptors involved in inflammatory diseases. These antagonists would act as therapeutic agents for these diseases thereby inhibiting the activities of these receptors. It also involves the development of molecular testing diagnostic tools using glycan-based diagnostics.
This is a very high research that is aimed at developing high performance drugs targeted at curbing symptoms (like swelling, joint stiffness, loss of movement) established in inflammatory diseases.
Furthermore, my engagement in this research would enhance my knowledge on drug design development and techniques which I would implement in the drug production team of my late father’s company upon arrival after graduation.

V.O: what’s your study plan
ME: my course takes 2 years to be completed with a minimum of 32 semester hours of graduate coursework. This includes a required 6 credits hours of thesis research, 2 credit hours of seminar and 3 credit hours of laboratory supervision. I’ll be taking a minimum of 12 credits in the fall semester to receive the assistantship.

V.O: what would this degree do for you?
ME: Getting this degree would advance my knowledge and techniques in drug development, which would qualify me for the position of the research and development chemist in the r&d team of my late father’s company upon my arrival after graduation.

V.O: Tell me about your late father’s company
ME: poultry support services is a registered limited company established in 1992. We started with running a veterinary clinic and also a animal supplies store; where we sell all animals drugs, feed and equipment. Until late 2019, when we decided to create a livestock drug production team where I work as the drug design and development analyst. Getting this degree would help me implement my drug design and development techniques as the research & development chemist in the team.

V.O: why USA?
ME: the United States has one of the best educational systems in the world and is known for having diverse research area. A degree in the US is well recognised all over the world.

V.O: I see you’ll be working as a research assistant, what would you be doing?
ME: as an RA I’ll be working 8 hours per week assisting in conducting research including data collection and compilation.

V.O: who’s sponsoring this trip?
ME: coupled with the stipend I’ll be getting as a research assistant. My deficit would be paid by my elder brother; who’s the current CEO of my late father’s company Poultry Support Services, where we’ve run a veterinary clinic and animal supplies store for over 25 years.

V.O: do you have any documents supporting this claim
ME: yes, hands over bank statement.

V.O: are you married?
ME: No

V.O: I’ll be approving your visa��

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 10:30am On Apr 21, 2021
Got admitted to UTDallas MSc Public Affairs according to the department ,they only fund PhD in Public Affairs students with MSc degree.Which course did you apply for? Any funding? I seriously need funds.

godguy:

i got admitted at utdallas, though i have not accepted it yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tonero4urch(m): 11:16am On Apr 21, 2021
Tulacious123:

I got an admission for a master program at Georgia state Univeristy with tuition waiver and stipend

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HollyMadison(f): 11:34am On Apr 21, 2021
UZAD:
They always say one year, it is actually a year and half

Wow. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HollyMadison(f): 11:37am On Apr 21, 2021
obajoey:
Pls I had a GA interview yesterday, during the interview the director asked me "what is my schedule (study plan) for next year" I didn't get the question well, but I said something about the total semester hours for the program, but it seems that was not the right answer. So he said the GA will require 20hrs work/weekly and he said some students take 3credit hours, some 9, but I must say I really don't know how to answer that question.

I have checked the program brochure and all I could see is the total credit hours for the core course (s) and for the electives too.

Pls I need to know the best way to answer that question pls...

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.