Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642459 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
Tylerbaby:
Thank you. I have sent them a message but they are yet to reply. My interview is in some weeks time. Is it possible that my sevis payment is still valid or it's normal for it to appear that way?

It usually appears like that. Your Sevis fee is not valid any longer. It expires a year after payment. I guess the reason it usually still shows paid is that there is no way for them to know if you entered the US or not.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prettiyruth: 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2021
I got admitted into WIU and I got same package. I’m open to connecting. Here’s my mail address
ruthprincess62@yahoo.com

Judee99:

I got same package, waiting for department decision on funding. What program did you get your admit?

l think WIU should connect and prepare ahead

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prettiyruth: 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2021
For the purpose of education
Thanks for responding

TWoods:

Is the money available to you for the purpose of your education or is it only being loaned to you for the purpose of getting an I-20 and a visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psychologyshuby: 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hi guys. Please is there going to be any issue at the embassy if ones sponsor is a US citizen that has a well paying job? Please your opinions are valid.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ikenna04: 10:48pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello guys,
Please for someone planning to study computer science in the us. What kind of stuff do I need to know before resuming classes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heyjessay: 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
Bigsecret:
January 2024

I'll post an update on this thread if I find an available date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by homodele: 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello, thanks for your response. Can you please add me to that group you belong to?

Jukwasi:
People have gotten in the group I am. So you go call graduate studies to send your documents to the department. And if it is already under review, call your department to confirm. No dull moments.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alexanderfrost: 10:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
So my WIU people!!!!!!

I applied o and I was accepted.

Got a 4k dollar International something something scholarship, which a current student I reached out to described as "Lucky". Dunno why he said that though.

Reached out to the dept regarding funding, if I should re apply or stuff, and man said funding application closed March 1 or thereabout. But since I've applied earlier, before I got admission decision, then no need to panic.

Said decision will be made at the end of spring semester. That's pretty close now.

Lastly, he said its competitive (we been know), and it'll favour people with 3.5CGPA and above.

T for Thanks.

homodele:
Hello house, is there anyone here that applied to Western Illinois University for a Masters in Quantitative Economics that has gotten an admission decision from the school?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alexanderfrost: 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
Jukwasi:
People have gotten in the group I am. So you go call graduate studies to send your documents to the department. And if it is already under review, call your department to confirm. No dull moments.

Baba link me up with the group abeg

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hi guys...I have a few questions.
I filled a ds-160 form some years back for a tourist visa, now I have to fill another for an F1 visa, I do not have access to the email I used in the previous application, please how can I retrieve it or change it to my new email.
Also, I await an assistantship decision, but I have my I-20, do you suggest I go ahead and book an interview date with the I-20 I have now, and is it possible to change it later.
Thank you guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2021
Fabuloski:

So basically you have only made just one appointment beforehand?
Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ktancing(m): 11:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
Please guyz. Kindly assist on the below

ktancing:
Good Evening Famz.

Please who has received admission from University of North Alabama?

I have been contacted via email that my admission package, acceptance letter and I-20 would be sent via email.

I thought I should be able to access my admission and acceptance letters via their webiste.

Please I will like to hear from people that already have their offer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2021
Ikenna04:
Hello guys,
Please for someone planning to study computer science in the us. What kind of stuff do I need to know before resuming classes.
If it's masters, python or java is important
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Judee99(m): 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
Prettiyruth:
I got admitted into WIU and I got same package. I’m open to connecting. Here’s my mail address
ruthprincess62@yahoo.com

Is it okay if we create a WhatsApp group?. I think we've got people going to WIU this FALL
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2021
Alexanderfrost:

Baba link me up with the group abeg
Okay. Check your mail.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 11:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
homodele:
Hello, thanks for your response. Can you please add me to that group you belong to?

Your welcome. Check your mail dear
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2021
Judee99:

Is it okay if we create a WhatsApp group?. I think we've got people going to WIU this FALL
There is a WhatsApp group already. Mail me.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dfortune: 12:10am On Apr 23, 2021
HELLO EVERYONE, PLS HAS ANYONE GOTTEN ACCEPTED TO STILLMAN COLLEGE, ABEG EMAIL ME LET'S LINK UP...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by davidsmithdwhit: 3:14am On Apr 23, 2021
I'll appreciate if anyone can help out.

I applied to Bowling Green state University, and got admitted but no funding. Messaged my HOD, and he said the department has run out of fund.

So like this now, no funding at all...and I've got to pay $32,500 per year..what can I do??

Pls help a bro!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dreemerr: 4:16am On Apr 23, 2021
Don't take this school to the embassy.

Dfortune:
HELLO EVERYONE, PLS HAS ANYONE GOTTEN ACCEPTED TO STILLMAN COLLEGE, ABEG EMAIL ME LET'S LINK UP...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prettiyruth: 4:45am On Apr 23, 2021
Judee99:

Yes, sure but I don’t advise dropping whatsapp number here. Reason I dropped my mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ishow(m): 6:39am On Apr 23, 2021
If you are studying at a master level, then it will expected that you can program well in at least 1 language and you have some basic knowledge of Data structure and algorithm. If not, I'll advise you take some intro classes before your program start so you don't struggle in class.

Ikenna04:
Hello guys,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ishow(m): 6:43am On Apr 23, 2021
It becomes a little tougher to demonstrate ties to home. check out section 214B visa rejection

psychologyshuby:
Hi guys. Please is there going to be any issue at the embassy if ones sponsor is a US citizen that has a well paying job? Please your opinions are valid.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:21am On Apr 23, 2021
Thank you, I have gotten a date
Heyjessay:

I'll post an update on this thread if I find an available date.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by brainboss1: 7:21am On Apr 23, 2021
Hello everyone, please I am about filling my DS-160 and I have urgent questions.
Please kindly assist.
1. There is a place that asks for National identification number, should I put our Nigerian NIN there?
2. Have you made specific travel plans?
The truth is I haven't made any yet, hope this doesn't affect me negatively.
3. Locations you plan to visit,
Should I leave it blank or what do I do?
4. Address in the US, I can make use of the school address, right?
5. Does Nigeria have passport book number
6. Who do I use as my point of contact in the US, I don't have any relative there.
7. Documentation to show that you have received vaccinations in accordance to US law.
I know I have taken some vaccinations but I am not sure if I have documents showing this.
What do I do??
8. Are you permanently ineligible for US citizenship?
I guess it's no, right??

Sorry for the plenty questions, thanks in anticipation of the kind responses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by brainboss1: 7:22am On Apr 23, 2021
Bigsecret:
Thank you, I have gotten a date
What date did you get
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by davidsmithdwhit: 7:27am On Apr 23, 2021
davidsmithdwhit:
I'll appreciate if anyone can help out.

I applied to Bowling Green state University, and got admitted but no funding. Messaged my HOD, and he said the department has run out of fund.

So like this now, no funding at all...and I've got to pay $32,500 per year..what can I do??

Pls help a bro!!

Pls help a Bro�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayophil25(m): 7:41am On Apr 23, 2021
Pefuele:

GMAT

Thank u for the swift response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayophil25(m): 7:42am On Apr 23, 2021
EffectEn:
Depending on the Masters you want to do, if you're going for an MBA in a top school - Go for GMAT, otherwise GRE should suffice for most scenarios.

The thread is filled with interview questions currently because that's the current season. If you're looking for admission advice, check earlier in the thread or older threads.

Thank you I will do just that..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ellamma1(f): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2021
Please who has gotten admission package (i-20) from bgsu and how long did it take. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by davidsmithdwhit: 7:58am On Apr 23, 2021
Ellamma1:
Please who has gotten admission package (i-20) from bgsu and how long did it take. Thank you

Hey bro, were given some kinda funding from BGSU? If yes, do you mind sharing how you got it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 7:59am On Apr 23, 2021
LeviAckerman:
Hi guys...I have a few questions.
I filled a ds-160 form some years back for tourist visa, now I have to fill another for F1 visa, I do not have access to the email I used in the previous application, please how can I retrieve it or change to my new email.
Also, I await assistantship decision, but I have my I-20, do you suggest I go ahead and book interview date with the I-20 I have now and is it possible to change it later.
Thank you guys

You can call the US embassy and explain to them, they'll help you transfer your profile to your new email address but questions like your passport number, date you applied for the first interview and your full name will be asked to know if you're actually the owner of the first profile.

For your second, if you book your interview with the Sevis ID on your 1-20, you cannot change it again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.