Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,598 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644450 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2021
You have rescheduled once, if you cancel. You'll have to pay another MRV fee

Slim4Rehani:

I have rescheduled once
Can I cancel and reschedule again without paying
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
Juwon21:

I am also interested too
Your email?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by melvin4gups: 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hi Jukwasi,
i would like to get help about funding.....gained admission for masters @MTU.
melvin4gups@gmail.com is my mail...kindly send me a pm....so i can relate with you sir.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by degxyflexy: 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2021
Please did you write Toefl when you applied? Please I sent you a mail.
bayocanny:

Alright, do the needful and get your I-20.
Make sure you follow up with your GC, you will be funded hopefully.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UZAD: 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2021
No,

I tried it after cancelling and resheduling before, it didnt work and was thinking of how to get another mrv fee.

Luckily for me when i checked later it took my appointment back to my previous date.

Slim4Rehani:

I have rescheduled once
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UZAD: 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2021
I have exhausted mine,

I am facing lagos embassy, but i choose abuja as a result of unavailability of dates in lagos then.

only to be seeing this.

Bigsecret:
It’s no longer available right
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2021
Slim4Rehani:

I have rescheduled once
no try am
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2021
tiptoe1:

You can call the US embassy and explain to them, they'll help you transfer your profile to your new email address but questions like your passport number, date you applied for the first interview and your full name will be asked to know if you're actually the owner of the first profile.

For your second, if you book your interview with the Sevis ID on your 1-20, you cannot change it again.
Thank so much for your reply. Means much
Please how do I contact the embassy
Could you help with that?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beegirl1(f): 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2021
Jukwasi:
Same here. I got admission too. So I had to decline due to no funding. But I was adviced by my advisor to apply for financial assistance and also there are some scholarships available too. You can try. I couldn't continue with mine since I have other better offers with cheap tuition fee.

Please kindly add me to the WhatsApp group. Sent a mail to you but no response yet. My mail is ktolu39@gmail.com . thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beegirl1(f): 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hello Nairalanders.. Please can anyone assist with samples of Personal Statement. I am mixing it up with statement of purpose and what I am seeing online doesn't really relate to our way of life. Thank you as I look forward to your assistance��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ikenna04: 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
Moshkom:

Kindly send me your email, lemme send a pdf file on the proper way to fill a ds160 form for you. Thanks!
I'm interested please send to me at glife10088@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kelechi1771: 6:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
Yes
Email me: kelechi.okpala13@yahoo.com
urchman101:
Goodday House,
Please is there anyone in or planning to go to the University of Nebraska Lincoln?
I will really like to connect with the person(s).
Thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by edox15: 6:45pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hello house,

The DS-160 location I filled late last year was for the Abuja location but I was able to secure a date in May at the Lagos Embassy. My question is do I need to update or fill a new DS-160 form. Also there's an update regarding my current job, should this be reflected too ?

@Walspring
@fairheart
And all other gurus in the house
Help a brother.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ikenna04: 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2021
Anybody here going to Jackson State University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2021
I am so sorry to hear this
UZAD:
I have exhausted mine,

I am facing lagos embassy, but i choose abuja as a result of unavailability of dates in lagos then.

only to be seeing this.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2021
Have you submitted?
edox15:
Hello house,

The DS-160 location I filled late last year was for the Abuja location but I was able to secure a date in May at the Lagos Embassy. My question is do I need to update or fill a new DS-160 form. Also there's an update regarding my current job, should this be reflected too ?

@Walspring
@fairheart
Help a brother.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by edox15: 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
Bigsecret:
Have you submitted?
Yes, I have and even used the code in my CGI profile for scheduling an interview date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xcelpro: 7:43pm On Apr 23, 2021
please add me to the WhatsApp group 08135100588
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xcelpro: 7:48pm On Apr 23, 2021
please any one studying or applying for admission @Kansas State University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kekenation(m): 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2021
Anybody going to North Carolina central University or Idaho State University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2021
Beegirl1:

Please kindly add me to the WhatsApp group. Sent a mail to you but no response yet. My mail is ktolu39@gmail.com . thanks
I have replied.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 8:39pm On Apr 23, 2021
melvin4gups:
Hi Jukwasi,
i would like to get help about funding.....gained admission for masters @MTU.
melvin4gups@gmail.com is my mail...kindly send me a pm....so i can relate with you sir.
Congrats. Good evening. But I don't know anything about MTU funding. But you can contact your program coordinator and ask of funding or google MTU funding and look at the opportunities available. All the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 9:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
Moshkom:

Kindly send me your email, lemme send a pdf file on the proper way to fill a ds160 form for you. Thanks!
Please how do I get this too??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Picricchem: 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2021
I have replied before now. GRE was required. Check my profile below.

Taciturnity:
Hello Sir, I sent you a pm. I hope you don't mind [qquote author=lemine post=100976551]Please I will like to know if you write GRE before you get funding?

quote author=Picricchem post=100931692]

Embassy Location: Abuja

School name: Kennesaw State University, metro Atlanta Georgia.

Program: Ms. Chemistry.

UG Degree : Chemistry.

GRE & Toefl Scores if there is Any: 304 no toefl.

GPA : 3.07 Wes (2.2 gpa)

Financial Aid/Funding:
GTA : 32,300
Deficit = 14k +
COA = 47K
Sponsor: Uncle

I heard about Kennesaw state university from Brown2green. May God bless him.

I'm grateful to God Almighty that made today possible. Everything started in 2019.
I wrote GRE and applied to schools but they all rejected me then I ran to Nairaland to tender my case.

One angel saw my case on Nairaland and sent a mail to me. We call him Pepe �. I thank God for using Pepe for me. He told me to go and do WES so that I can get admission and funding. I told him it wasn't possible becos I didn't have that kind of money. He pressed on me until I did WES, then my story changed.

I am so happy right now. Only God could have done this.

I planned to have my interview at a later date but I just discovered that my passport will remain exactly 6 months tomorrow. God gave me today's date in short �

Interview
Vo: good morning
Me: good morning sir.
Vo: do you have up to six months on this passport.
Me: yes sir. It will remain six months tomorrow.
Vo: where are you going in the US?
Me: I'm going to kennesaw state university for my Master's degree in chemistry. I got this offer in 2020 but due to covid lockdown I couldn't secure an appointment.
Vo: oh, I see.
Me: yes sir. In fact my assistantship was kept for me.
Vo: nodding in agreement.
Vo : why do you want to have this degree?
Me: I planned to join a multinational company here in Nigeria as a research and development Chemist, and this degree will put me in the best position to achieve that.
I'm currently eyeing Nestlé, OLAM, and Unilever.
Vo: where are you working presently?
Me: I'm working with Nestlé Nigeria on contract. I joined them pending the beginning of my program as I can't take up any permanent appointment until I get my Master's.
Vo: nodding in agreement.
Vo: have you travelled out before?
Me: No sir.
Vo: who is your sponsor?
Me : named him.
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he holds the position of vice president at OLAM international. So he controls all their manufacturing activities in Nigeria.
Vo: didn't get OLAM so I spelt for him.
Vo: why does he want to sponsor you?
Me: he was the one that advised me to go for my Master's abroad to gain a better research knowledge and international exposure before I join their company as R&grin Chemist. He promised to render all the necessary support and he's doing just that. In fact he gave me the money last year before I realized I couldn't go.
Vo: the money is in your account?
Me: No sir. In his account.
Vo: do you have his statement?
Me: yes I do. Gave him.
While he collected it to check, I quickly added.. that's just his transactional account, not his salary account.
Me: the assistantship I have has covered full tuition and living expenses, he's just covering the miscellaneous expenses.
Vo: checked the i20 again, then drop the account statement and then he said something I didn't hear and gave me the white paper.
Me: still standing at his front like I was in another world.
Vo: you are free to go.

Hallelujah!
The security there said it was the longest interview.

I appreciate everyone on this thread. Thanks so much!

Spence, thanks so much for words of wisdom.

Pepe my brother, I love you so much.

Glory be to God!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Picricchem: 9:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Dreemerr:
Don't take this school to the embassy.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francangel(f): 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2021
Ellamma1:
Have you been admitted?

Yes, I have. I was also given a 4K scholarship and was later recommended to apply for an assistantship position. I await the assistantship decision.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 10:50pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hi, group. I would like to know if an online generated SOA can be accepted at the embassy. My sponsor is currently not in town to go pick up a hard copy for me, and my interview is in the coming weeks. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2021
edox15:
Hello house,

@Walspring
@fairheart
Help a brother.

You wil need to fill a new one then put your additional details and submit if you have submitted the one showing abuja before.

After that you go back to your CGI portal and update the new ds160 confirmation to reflect back on your appointment confirmation print out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 11:15pm On Apr 23, 2021
Tylerbaby:
Hi, group. I would like to know if an online generated SOA can be accepted at the embassy. My sponsor is currently not in town to go pick up a hard copy for me, and my interview is in the coming weeks. Thank you.

Provided is stamped and signed and it’s legit, you are good to go
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 11:18pm On Apr 23, 2021
Slim4Rehani:

I have rescheduled once

No you can’t because if you do that you will forfeit your the visa fee paid and you will need to go and pay for another visa fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 11:35pm On Apr 23, 2021
Walspring:

Provided is stamped and signed and it’s legit, you are good to go
It's not stamped and signed. It was a soft copy sent to me. Can I take it to the bank to stamp and sign it myself?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dfortune: 12:25am On Apr 24, 2021
Dreemerr:
Don't take this school to the embassy.

Please can I ask why?

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.