Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,116 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640471 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dexpendable(m): 10:30am On Jan 29, 2021
Good morning any testimonials on California state University? Anyone going for the fall admission?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stewart883(m): 11:33am On Jan 29, 2021
statemanui:
Hello Guys,

Please I need someone who could help with WES evaluation payment?

I tried using my master card but it wasn't going through (I guess it's because of that stupid federal government policy), alternatively I tried using Western Union money transfer and I was told I can only receive money.

Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

I did mine with Barter app. Go to play store and download the app. It's very convenient

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by homodele: 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2021
Hello house, please who has an idea about when the 2021 summer semester for US schools will commence?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigfrancis21: 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2021
homodele:
Hello house, please who has an idea about when the 2021 summer semester for US schools will commence?
May 2021/June 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 29, 2021
Please is it possible to get GA position in your department without writing GRE or TOFEL?
Emeritusseun:

Yeah, classes started since three weeks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emeritusseun(m): 3:32pm On Jan 29, 2021
Colette005:
Please is it possible to get GA position in your department without writing GRE or TOFEL?
Yes, it is possible to get a GA without GRE, because it was waived for Spring 21/Fall21, but for TOEFL, I don't know. I don't think TOEFL was waived.
But I will advise that you take TOEFL, at least.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2021
Thanks
Emeritusseun:

Yes, it is possible to get a GA without GRE, because it was waived for Spring 21/Fall21, but for TOEFL, I don't know. I don't think TOEFL was waived.
But I will advise that you take TOEFL, at least.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatadams: 3:57pm On Jan 29, 2021
Uriel12:
There are not many undergraduate applicants here embarassed

Yes �Am till going for under graduate mail me adamsgreat15@gmail.com so I can till have an under grad to share and gain info from
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by drjustice17: 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2021
Nice been here. I have being following this thread . am a silent observer. I planning for Fall 2021, MSC in public health. Louisiana state university- Shreveport. Application fee paid, but yet to evaluation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legit215(m): 6:12pm On Jan 29, 2021
Been a while since I checked up here, COVID ain't messing around this place is real quiet and lonely for those coming in, that knows no one�

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legit215(m): 6:14pm On Jan 29, 2021
Who knows any school offering masters in psychology with very good aid. Fall application deadline is real closing in help out thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 6:28pm On Jan 29, 2021
Dhayour102:
Hello house I’m a newbie in the house I’m really interested in studying Economic for my masters in the USA but I don’t know how to go about it. I will appreciate if someone can assist me . Here is some info about me; I studied economics as my first degree in Tai-Solarin university of education with a CGPA of 3.48/5 a sad 2:2 � I currently work has a teacher in the Lagos state government..
1) I don’t know if there’s any possibility of any school that accept that low CGPA in the USA I have checked few schools online but their cutoff marks are 3:5 minimum
2) I don’t know if there’s a possibility of any scholarship package for me

Pls I will appreciate any advice of any kind God bless you all

Let me be honest with you, it's very possible. Try evaluation of your result using WES. This will surely take your CGPA above 3.0 on a US scale of 4. This means you've met the requirement for admission to most schools in the US.

The second accomplishment should be securing funding. While this process remains esoteric, some signs have been established; having published papers, excelling at your standardised tests (GRE, GMAT, TOEFL), concise letter of recommendations from your professors and good Statements of Purpose. Giving your best at these indices surely stands you out as a competitive student. And as we all know, it's the competitive students who gets the assistantships. GPA is just one of several indices, so don't write yourself off, the sky is too big, we all can fly.

I wish you well in your pursuit.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Spanishmilf(m): 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2021
How many weeks/mnth for school to give me admission letter.
Kean university
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 7:10pm On Jan 29, 2021
Spanishmilf:
How many weeks/mnth for school to give me admission letter.
Kean university

Kindly ask your school how long it takes to make a decision.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatadams: 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2021
Anybody preparing for the SAT here me and some other guys created a study group chat sharing materials and tips mail me @ adamsgreat15@gmail.com to be added or whatapp -‪08112672857‬

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omakxxx(m): 10:38pm On Jan 29, 2021
ProfDave123:
Please who knows any school(s) offering MSc biomedical engineering/bioengineering with funding/assistantship and GRE possibly waived?

Look for PhD positions in the same field, many US offer full funding for STEM. You can utilize google by searching for schools that waive GRE, they are more unlike other years due to the pandemic
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ProfDave123: 11:17pm On Jan 29, 2021
Omakxxx:

Look for PhD positions in the same field, many US offer full funding for STEM. You can utilize google by searching for schools that waive GRE, they are more unlike other years due to the pandemic

Alright. Thank you very much!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 11:52pm On Jan 29, 2021
Schools that do not require WES or any evaluation.

After my visa denial in November, I visited the websites of probably about 600 schools while searching for schools to apply to. Fortunately I was approved the 2nd time. A positive thing is that I was able to write some schools down and now I have time to make this list.

These schools do not require any evaluation from you. The first 14 schools here, I am sure they will let you apply with your unofficial transcript then send the official one later. For the rest, some may let you apply with your unofficial transcript while some will need the official one during your application (You can verify from their website). Information is correct as at December 2020.

Wichita State University.
University of South Carolina.
University of North Carolina, Charlotte.
TAMUK.
University of Minnesota, Duluth.
Western Illinois University.
University of Central Missouri.
University of Missouri, St Louis.
Georgia State University.
University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth.
Auburn University of Montgomery.
University of Memphis(Computer Science dept.)
University of South Dakota.
East Tennessee State University.

North Dakota State University.
University of Vermont.
Cleveland State University.
Western Washington University.
University of Central Florida.
Bowling Green State University.
Old Dominion University.
University of Houston, Clear Lake.
Central Michigan University.
University of Hawaii, Manoa.
Jacksonville State University.
Southern Illinois University.
University of Detroit, Mercy.
Western Oregon University.
California State University, Sacramento.
California State University, Fresno.
California State University, Ponoma.
University of California, Merced.
Clark University.
Western Kentucky University.
Louisiana Tech University.
University of Northern Colorado.
Utah Valley University.
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
Illinois State University.
University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire.
Arkansas State University.
Southern A & M University.
Eastern Illinois University.
Indiana State University.
Georgia College and State University.
Youngstown State University.
Montana State University
Marshall University
Humboldt State University.

There are a lot more but this is what I have.
Even with all these, I would advise you to evaluate your transcript if you have the time and resources, your options will be endless! But if you don't, then fine. That is what this list is for.
Hope it helps someone
All the best!

46 Likes 15 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Neeta02(f): 1:30am On Jan 30, 2021
Check Discover student loan. But they will need you to have a co-signer who’s a US citizen or Legal Permanent Resident. The application takes approximately 3weeks depending on how fast you submit the documents. Search for them on google you’ll get all the info there.
damtan:
I need information about private student loan in the US.
How accessible is it for international students??
How long does it take for application and approval of loan?
What is the average interest rate??
Anyone with info should please quote this

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chimma5(f): 4:30am On Jan 30, 2021
Good day experts !
Please I have my Wes reference number now . please how do I do it from here. What is the procedure?Thanks!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Banks92(m): 9:07am On Jan 30, 2021
Stevenssen:
Schools that do not require WES or any evaluation.

After my visa denial in November, I visited the websites of probably about 600 schools while searching for schools to apply to. Fortunately I was approved the 2nd time. A positive thing is that I was able to write some schools down and now I have time to make this list.

hello Bro, i sent you a PM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 9:12am On Jan 30, 2021
Good morning all.Please can anyone help me with informations on universities in USA that offers full scholarship for undergraduate course in Business Administration.Thanks in anticipation to your positive response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chiremi(m): 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
Hello guys. I just got admission to the University of Colorado Boulder for MSc in Mechanical Engineering fall semester without funding. How do I go about it? Would really appreciate ya'll insights.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by damtan(m): 1:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
Neeta02:
Check Discover student loan. But they will need you to have a co-signer who’s a US citizen or Legal Permanent Resident. The application takes approximately 3weeks depending on how fast you submit the documents. Search for them on google you’ll get all the info there.
Thanks a lot... I'll do just that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Choicexx(m): 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
Emmanuelkanayo1:
Good morning everybody, please who is going to Middle Tennessee State University for Fall 2021 kindly chat me up 08068848738

Me too ,please any MTSU alumni or student here. Adey Greet una.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vullia: 3:17pm On Jan 30, 2021
Hello everyone,have been an old member of NL,went on sabbatical leave � now am back.can anyone assist with the latest policy about F1 visa .the last time I appeared at the embassy was on the 6th of January 2020 and that was my 4th appearance,so I got pissed after the refusal.now am try my luck again ,any advise,hint ,suggestion from anyone ?thanks �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by feniobamo: 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
Emmanuelkanayo1:
Good morning everybody, please who is going to Middle Tennessee State University for Fall 2021 kindly chat me up 08068848738

i sent you an email..pls check and connect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by almeida3: 6:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
Join us now link in picture

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Choicexx(m): 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
feniobamo:

i sent you an email..pls check and connect
Hello bro MTSU student ? Can we link up?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Upforsex: 8:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
Good evening all. Please with a budget of 3.5m -4m, can I study in USA? Masters in USA. Specifically humanities. The money quoted above is the overall budget for everything till I land there. Please respond. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stephen225: 9:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
Good day everyone and VO
Please what are the required documents for someone who wants to study and work in the States
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 9:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
Upforsex:
Good evening all. Please with a budget of 3.5m -4m, can I study in USA? Masters in USA. Specifically humanities. The money quoted above is the overall budget for everything till I land there. Please respond. Thank you
sure, it's very possible.
if you can get a fully funded scholarship or one with very little deficit that the money can cover

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Nigeriaismine, Adeore15 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.