Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,883 members, 7,828,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1654337 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 11:49am On Jan 25, 2021
Sharon2438:
F1 & f2 visa approved 7:45am
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning. How's ur day going?
VO: Fine thank you. What's ur purpose for going to the US?
Me: To continue my MBA program
VO: I see you have a scholarship and loan
Me: Yes sir
VO: You have a deficit which u will be covering. Do u have your[b] Soa[/b]
Me: passed but he didn't even look
VO: I can see here that the issue with the last interview was ur finances and you have been able to clear that up so i’l be issuing your visa.
Me: Thank you very much. Have a nice day
(my husband was the one who answered these questions as he is f1). He asked me why I want to go along and I mentioned that we just got married and for emotional support.
In all this, it was all God

Please what is SOA?
your hubby is F1 and you are F2?
are you going with kids?
when you were denied initially, was it both of you (F1 and F2) that was denied?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 11:51am On Jan 25, 2021
please i need somebody to help me with same essay on these 2:

Attach the first required essay (250 words max.) that explains how you would interact with our prospective students in a variety of ways. What strategies would you use to make prospective students feel connected to the School? Describe what elements you think the School needs to have in order to demonstrate that diversity is an important part of its culture

Attach the second required essay (250 words max) that demonstrates how you would represent our School to prospective students at professional conferences and on-campus information sessions. Why do you think you would be an outstanding representative of our School? What would you do to attract the interest of attendees who pass by our booth and are only casually curious about our School or may not even know what our School is about?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sharon2438: 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2021
godguy:

Please what is SOA?
your hubby is F1 and you are F2?
are you going with kids?
Statement of Account. My husband is f2

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sharon2438: 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2021
Sharon2438:

Statement of Account. My husband is f2
F1 rather
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2021
Sharon2438:

F1 rather

thanks for response.

are you going with kids?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sharon2438: 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2021
godguy:

thanks for response.

are you going with kids?
Yes both of us and no kids
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by klawaaa: 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
Don't conclude on what you know little of! GRE is generally used for program/school accreditation but pandemic was seen as a waiver. So, the 2020/2021 admission cohort is a special one!
Izanghi:

That's true my brother, especially during this covid 19 period, if you have publications, did conference presentations, have a very good cgpa (>4.0) with masters with a good SOP, you'll be taken before GRE students, many of the professors i have spoken to don't take that serious, they want to know if you can do research which GRE will not tell them alone.
When i was about to applying, i searched for schools that waived GRE and mailed their graduate admission officer that i want to applied for phd and told them my condition that i don't have finance to do the GRE (lols) but showed them what i have to offer the department, to my amazement they said they will not consider GRE for me and told me that they will waive it for me, am talking about tier 1 universities. In fact, by God's grace, two faculty members of that department have agreed to supervised me.
Have seen international students with no GRE that got admitted to duke, Ohio state university without that exam for this 2021 fall admission and got admitted with funding in my course forum.
N.B: there's no rule to it, each school has her our style of admission. Oregon state university (tier 1) asked students to send mail for GRE waiver. UCLA, University of Tennessee, Iowa state university, university of Washington, Ohio state university, etc (dem plenty) which are great schools.
So do your research and talked to their admission officers, they will gladly reply if they'll waive it for you or not but give a convincing reason for not doing it. But if you don't have those experience I wrote up please do GRE

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adeola123vfm: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2021
Hello, please I need clarity on this

1. A school is requesting I send my SOA to process my i-20. Can I send my personal SOA regardless of the balance, supposed it's a fully funded offer?

2. Will my name be automatically used as the sponsor on the i-20 or is there any implication of me sending my personal SOA to the school?

3. Can I make use of the statement of account that bank sends to one's mail every month or I need to go get it at the bank?

Bosses in the house ....please help answer this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2021
Adeola123vfm:

1. A school is requesting I send my SOA to process my i-20. Can I send my personal SOA regardless of the balance, supposed it's a fully funded offer?

2. Will my name be automatically used as the sponsor on the i-20 or is there any implication of me sending my personal SOA to the school?

3. Can I make use of the statement of account that bank sends to one's mail every month or I need to go get it at the bank?

most times, even with funding, they want an SOA that shows you have enough funds to pay for your COA in case you lose your funding.

Secondly, some schools put sponsors name on I-20, while some don't. So you have to use style to ask them or look for their international students on linked in to ask, so that you can know what to do.

I think for schools, you can make use of the emailed ones, it doesn't necessarily have to be stamped unlike the embassy's.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aquilapriscilla: 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2021
TrillionBrains:

I'm actually going for an undergrad program for Fall

Hi ,Sir I need your help and I sent you a pm.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adeola123vfm: 1:27pm On Jan 25, 2021
Friedpotato:
most times, even with funding, they want an SOA that shows you have enough funds to pay for your COA in case you lose your funding.

Secondly, some schools put sponsors name on I-20, while some don't. So you have to use style to ask them or look for their international students on linked in to ask, so that you can know what to do.

I think for schools, you can make use of the emailed ones, it doesn't necessarily have to be stamped unlike the embassy's.

Thank you for your prompt response
I really appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by solihp(f): 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2021
Adeola123vfm:

If you have a full funding without deficit, your school shouldn't ask you for SOA. Send them the offer letter, I think that should take care of it once they see that you have no deficit

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lowoa: 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2021
Thank you sir. This post is for me. I will surely return here to give testimony. Thank you

Firefox01:
Thank you boss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stalon99(m): 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2021
Hi guys, I was denied this morning at Abuja. I feel so sad. Will have to reapply. Not giving up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uriel12: 4:09pm On Jan 25, 2021
There are not many undergraduate applicants here embarassed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2021
Stalon99:
Hi guys, I was denied this morning at Abuja. I feel so sad. Will have to reapply. Not giving up
So sorry about that.
please share your transcript when you can.
Nice to see you're not giving up

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Izanghi(m): 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2021
klawaaa:
Don't conclude on what you know little of! GRE is generally used for program/school accreditation but pandemic was seen as a waiver. So, the 2020/2021 admission cohort is a special one!
I was talking about 2020/2021 application cycle, that guy was about applying for 2020/2021 application, he asked a question and I responded to that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BAZ001: 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2021
Please is it true that banks doesn’t give student with F1 and one way ticket PTA? If true how do students get dollars from Nigerian banks for upkeep and all?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2021
godguy:
please i need somebody to help me with same essay on these 2:

Attach the first required essay (250 words max.) that explains how you would interact with our prospective students in a variety of ways. What strategies would you use to make prospective students feel connected to the School? Describe what elements you think the School needs to have in order to demonstrate that diversity is an important part of its culture

Attach the second required essay (250 words max) that demonstrates how you would represent our School to prospective students at professional conferences and on-campus information sessions. Why do you think you would be an outstanding representative of our School? What would you do to attract the interest of attendees who pass by our booth and are only casually curious about our School or may not even know what our School is about?

please i need help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 25, 2021
Please share your transcript. We'll like to see.
dtone:
I actually got my visa approved yesterday in lagos after 2 previous denials and wld love to share my transcript.just that my case is slightly different and I dunno if it will benefit others.but I must say I learnt a thing or too here for which I'm very grateful
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ISRAELIGHTE(m): 5:02pm On Jan 25, 2021
godguy:

please i need help

what do you need really? that's an essay of 250 words, you should be able to use your creative thinking to put that piece together... no one will write an essay for you..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2021
Flaame:
Hello bro/sis,I'm in the same category with you but the only difference is I'll be applying as a transfer student from a school in Cyprus to any school generous with findings, please how are these schools you posted here? Are they generous in funding? 09077862197 @whatsApp...

Hey man, I can vouch for only SDSMT there but I guess the others offer some level funding

Sent you a text msg on WhatsApp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MereijeV(m): 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2021
Please I need more info am applying for f1 visa this but I was denied of visa in 2016 and 2017. I need info on how to go for the interview base on my record with them, I need to know the type of question I will be expecting.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2021
Uriel12:
There are not many undergraduate applicants here embarassed

Na so me too I see am oo...we all be fine shaa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2021
Aquilapriscilla:

Hi ,Sir I need your help and I sent you a pm.

Check your mailbox ma'am
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by biikeys(m): 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2021
kpolli:

Actually 2012; yes I'm good... And you?

Good to see this thread doing well and even inspiring similar threads for other countries.

Good too. I know
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by frenkieg1: 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2021
Hello.

Please, I am trying to pay for the SAT, but it seems my Naira GT Bank Mastercard is not working. Please, how do I go about it. I am conscious of the GTBank $100 cap limit but I haven't used my atm card for any dollar or online transaction since like three months ago. Kindly help out.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 3:08am On Jan 26, 2021
I have a draft of my SOP written for MS in Animal science. I would appreciate anybody willing to be of help in reviewing it. Anyone will be appreciated.agric oriented person would be a plus for me.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rudy23: 7:14am On Jan 26, 2021
Good morning everyone, has anyone here applied to University of Iowa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nathanji: 9:26am On Jan 26, 2021
samsolite:

What program are you applying to at SNHU? I checked their website and most of what they're offering are online M.Sc programs.

Be sure to filter out your search by on-campus before going ahead to apply

I'm going for Information Technology (MS) course under the Graduate Program. They have online and on campus learning it. I contacted the school but they said after i'm giving admission, i will be paying $3,000 as part of the school fees before the school can send me the I-20 which i will be taking to the embassy for my visa application.

Please i want to know if this will reduce my chances of getting visa base on the same program can also be taught online.

In replacement of SNHU admission, I'm thinking of applying for Information Systems ( MS ) in Pace University which not have online learning on the program.

I did some video conversation with the admission officer for international student. He said Nigeria nationalities needs TOEFL/IELTS or Duolingo but i don't need GRE exams or SAT exams. I also don't need to pay any school fees or upfront before i can get the I-20 for visa application.

Please i would like to know if i get a good chance of getting a visa without paying any part payment for the school fees.

Please guru in the house, help me out if you are in my shoes.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:35am On Jan 26, 2021
More visa transcripts please..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 10:44am On Jan 26, 2021
I did WES evaluation for Canada, Please how do i request them to send the result of my evaluation to US universities based on US standard.
Please i need help on the procedure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.