Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640414 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dkizzy01: 4:50pm On Jan 27, 2021
Please who knows any school(s) offering Pgd Environmental Science Or Pgd Supply chain with funding/assistantship and IELT possibly waived and Application fees?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shercorp(m): 5:26pm On Jan 27, 2021
ThePianoGuy:
Is it possible to apply for US student visa in another country? I mean if someone has a resident permit in another country

Yes you can.

Your residence permit must be valid though.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emeritusseun(m): 5:35pm On Jan 27, 2021
EmeritusR:

bro you are already up in there? and your classes has started isn't it?
Yeah, classes started since three weeks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2021
Emeritusseun:

Yeah, classes started since three weeks.

Amen to my own prayers too!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:22pm On Jan 27, 2021
More Transcripts please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by damtan(m): 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2021
I'm slightly confused here on this US journey.
I just gained admission into Western Illinois university but a SOA showing a balance of $22600 is needed or Sponsor account statement is needed for I-20 to be issued.

Never knew the cost would be that much from the research I made before applying to the school.

If I apply for any form if funding be it TA or Graduate Assistance job and favoured enough to be have a contract, how many percent discount is likely to be given?

More so, about the sponsor, if I get a sponsor SOA be it someone in Nigeria or US, must the payment be made before Visa application? If payment is not needed to be made and I'm fortunate enough to get a visa, can I travel and get a full funding there?

Right now, I can't even think of anyone that can sponsor me by paying such huge amount sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 9:55pm On Jan 27, 2021
Chimma5:
Please my school has requested for WES ! I am trying to pay with my access debit card and is rejecting the transaction what do I do?

Contact Walspring or Fairheart to help you. Or try that with your GTbank Master Card

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 10:08pm On Jan 27, 2021
damtan:
I'm slightly confused here on this US journey.
I just gained admission into Western Illinois university but a SOA showing a balance of $22600 is needed or Sponsor account statement is needed for I-20 to be issued.

Never knew the cost would be that much from the research I made before applying to the school.

If I apply for any form if funding be it TA or Graduate Assistance job and favoured enough to be have a contract, how many percent discount is likely to be given?

More so, about the sponsor, if I get a sponsor SOA be it someone in Nigeria or US, must the payment be made before Visa application? If payment is not needed to be made and I'm fortunate enough to get a visa, can I travel and get a full funding there?

Right now, I can't even think of anyone that can sponsor me by paying such huge amount sad

what payment are you talking about? the money the school wants you to show is your cost of attendance before they can issue you an i-20 just to know if may you or your sponsors will be able to cover up the fees, they aren't telling you to pay before coming, unless if it is a school that requires you to make a tuition deposit before they send you your i-20 which I guess western Illinois university does not require that. if the graduate assistantship or funding is been given to you, it depends on what the school gave you that's the only way you can know the percentage from what your cost of attendance would be.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sasnigs(m): 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
Friedpotato:
Visa Approved
Undergraduate
Funding: Full ride
Graduated high school 2013
Second attempt.
Abuja Embassy
White V.O

Noticed from transcripts posted on here that the white V.O usually comes early and the black V.O starts later, so I decided to go very early even though my appointment was 8:15. I got there by 6:20 but the interview started few minutes to 9.

Me: Good morning
V.O: Good morning

Me: Before we start, I'd like to say that I'm very nervous and when I'm nervous, my talking is fast and distorted so if you don't hear what I'm saying just tell me to repeat it.
V.O: Don't worry, no reason to be nervous. So why are you going to the United States.

Me: I would be going to continue by undergraduate degree in biology at Edward Waters college in Florida. I started taking classes for the fall semester in Nigeria because of the pandemic and ended with a 4.0 GPA, I have my result with me.
V.O: wow, 4.0, that's great. (Then, Takes a look at my I-20), oh I can see you have a full ride, that's great.

V.O: (looks at me and sees that I'm kind of nervous) no need to be nervous.

V.O: so what will this degree do for you?
Me: I love biology, it's like my favourite subject in high school but most importantly I plan to pursue a career in biomedical research and biology would be a great foundational course for me. Also, this degree would enable me work at the Centre for excellence in reproductive health initiative where my uncle works.

V.O: Good, so where is this place you say your uncle works? Lagos or Abuja?
Me: Benin.

V.O: I intended to issue you your visa, this form contains information on how to pick your passport.

I'm really very happy and I thank everyone on NL. I started this journey in 2018 and I'm glad that God has crowned it with success. I paid MRV four times between November and now. Thankfully all the money I've used since I got admitted from SEVIS to MRV four times to samsung tablet, data and feeding while I was taking online class were external scholarships I got while taking classes this fall. Nothing is too much for God to do at all.
Sorry can u list the process u took to get the scholarship, u can contact me on whatsapp+2348055748570

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by damtan(m): 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2021
EmeritusR:

what payment are you talking about? the money the school wants you to show is your cost of attendance before they can issue you an i-20 just to know if may you or your sponsors will be able to cover up the fees, they aren't telling you to pay before coming, unless if it is a school that requires you to make a tuition deposit before they send you your i-20 which I guess western Illinois university does not require that. if the graduate assistantship or funding is been given to you, it depends on what the school gave you that's the only way you can know the percentage from what your cost of attendance would be.
Oh... Nice
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ThePianoGuy: 12:23am On Jan 28, 2021
Shercorp:

Yes you can.

just saw you are also base in China. Am in Shenyang China. Don’t know if we could chat more about it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ThePianoGuy: 12:26am On Jan 28, 2021
Shercorp:

Yes you can.

please check your mail. I just sent you a pm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 1:37am On Jan 28, 2021
what is the process of getting full-funding for someone that majored in Education, say biology education. Would the person have to be looking for TA, RA or GA? can the person also apply for PhD?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sasnigs(m): 8:02am On Jan 28, 2021
Please can u list the requirements needed to get a full in that school, also can u drop ur contact so we can connect more often.... thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 8:51am On Jan 28, 2021
damtan:
Oh... Nice Thanks
you are welcome
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rudy23: 9:57am On Jan 28, 2021
Hi guys ; how long does it take Universities generally to give an admission response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 10:49am On Jan 28, 2021
Friedpotato:
what is the process of getting full-funding for someone that majored in Education, say biology education. Would the person have to be looking for TA, RA or GA? can the person also apply for PhD?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by damtan(m): 11:17am On Jan 28, 2021
I need information about private student loan in the US.
How accessible is it for international students??
How long does it take for application and approval of loan?
What is the average interest rate??
Anyone with info should please quote this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 2:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
Rudy23:
Hi guys ; how long does it take Universities generally to give an admission response.
It depends on many factors like when you apply, the University process, your department. etc.
But if you already applied, expect most admission decisions for Fall to come around February ending and March

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uriel12: 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
Good afternoon NL.
How recent should the bank statement for the i-20 be??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
Uriel12:
Good afternoon NL.
How recent should the bank statement for the i-20 be??
Hello.
Usually six month. Except the school demands otherwise.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uriel12: 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
dodoyinsolar202:
Hello.
Usually six month. Except the school demands otherwise.

Thank you very much.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by statemanui(m): 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
Hello Guys,

Please I need someone who could help with WES evaluation payment?

I tried using my master card but it wasn't going through (I guess it's because of that stupid federal government policy), alternatively I tried using Western Union money transfer and I was told I can only receive money.

Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2021
damtan:
Hello.
Follow up on the link: http://www.prodigyfinance.com/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 2:59pm On Jan 28, 2021
statemanui:
Hello Guys,

I tried using my master card but it wasn't going through (I guess it's because of that stupid federal government policy), alternatively I tried using Western Union money transfer and I was told I can only receive money.

Hello.
send PM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 6:58pm On Jan 28, 2021
statemanui:
Hello Guys,

Contact Walspring or Fairheart
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2021
Good evening gurus in d house,

It was January 4, 2021 I started filling dis form, why would d expiration date be November 2020?

Secondly, Please what does the “expiration date” on ds160 form mean?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kpolli(m): 1:52am On Jan 29, 2021
damtan:

1. Not accessible to international students (though I heard there is a backdoor one company has used)
2. For citizens/residents, a few minutes - weeks
3. 7% but if you ever get delinquent; add fees to it that can keep you owing years

I hope this helps (to dissuade you)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dhayour102: 3:30am On Jan 29, 2021
Hello house I’m a newbie in the house I’m really interested in studying Economic for my masters in the USA but I don’t know how to go about it. I will appreciate if someone can assist me . Here is some info about me; I studied economics as my first degree in Tai-Solarin university of education with a CGPA of 3.48/5 a sad 2:2 � I currently work has a teacher in the Lagos state government..
1) I don’t know if there’s any possibility of any school that accept that low CGPA in the USA I have checked few schools online but their cutoff marks are 3:5 minimum
2) I don’t know if there’s a possibility of any scholarship package for me

Pls I will appreciate any advice of any kind God bless you all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigfrancis21: 3:54am On Jan 29, 2021
Dhayour102:
Hello house I’m a newbie in the house I’m really interested in studying Economic for my masters in the USA but I don’t know how to go about it. I will appreciate if someone can assist me . Here is some info about me; I studied economics as my first degree in Tai-Solarin university of education with a CGPA of 3.48/5 a sad 2:2 � I currently work has a teacher in the Lagos state government..
1) I don’t know if there’s any possibility of any school that accept that low CGPA in the USA I have checked few schools online but their cutoff marks are 3:5 minimum
2) I don’t know if there’s a possibility of any scholarship package for me

Pls I will appreciate any advice of any kind God bless you all

https://www.bgsu.edu/mafe

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 7:09am On Jan 29, 2021
statemanui:
Hello Guys,

Send me on my or email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmanuelkanayo1(m): 8:57am On Jan 29, 2021
Good morning everybody, please who is going to Middle Tennessee State University for Fall 2021 kindly chat me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.