Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647559 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Slayyy001: 10:28pm On May 24, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

You can but using employer is weaker than using personal (uncle or parent)....so personal statement is the best
So can one use the employer as I20 and ones parent for the embassy ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bookey005: 11:08pm On May 24, 2021
@walspring kindly help i sent an email to you concerning my SEVIS fee
Nameuser5:
Hello everyone. My SEVIS Fee was paid by @walspring. Sent him funds on 21st (Friday) of May Evening, and I received confirmation on 23rd (Sunday) of May Evening. He’s reliable!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tosho14: 11:45pm On May 24, 2021
Hello guys,

Please my financial affidavit of support was signed by my uncle's wife and also sent her statement to get my I-20, I used her name as person who's paying on my DS160

1. Is it a red flag that my uncles wife is my sponsor instead of my uncle

2. Can i tell the VO that "My uncle and his wife are my sponsors"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 12:02am On May 25, 2021
tosho14:
Hello guys,

Please my financial affidavit of support was signed by my uncle's wife and also sent her statement to get my I-20, I used her name as person who's paying on my DS160

1. Is it a red flag that my uncles wife is my sponsor instead of my uncle

2. Can i tell the VO that "My uncle and his wife are my sponsors"
According to English Language, your Uncle's wife is also regarded as your Auntie. So, there's no need complicating things for yourself. Just tell the VO your Auntie is sponsoring you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by somtee747(m): 6:40am On May 25, 2021
Yes most likely
Kofoworolatoyo:
Anyone going to TAMUK here? Please reach out to me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:09am On May 25, 2021
Slayyy001:

So can one use the employer as I20 and ones parent for the embassy ?
No be consistent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shuayb0(m): 8:55am On May 25, 2021
Nice conversation and a brilliant profile.

On the question of What will this degree do for you?, I think you should talk about how the program prepares you for the director role first (cos it’s the primary reason), secondary reasons should be providing solutions to migrant crisis as you claimed (you can spice this up with how you intend to do that, perhaps create an advocacy group or run for a legislative position).

Overall, you’ve done your homework, funding and an impressive profile. Best of luck

fdecisive:
Please Gurus in the house kindly peruse my proposed transcript. I welcome all comments positive and negative, including questions. Thank you all.

VO: Where are you going?
I am heading to the University of xxxx to study and conduct research for a Masters Degree in International Studies.

VO: When did you graduate from College, and what have you been up to?
I graduated from college in 2015, and for the past 5 years, I have worked as a journalist reporting on developmental issues around Africa, I have also worked as a humanitarian officer helping persons of concern across 3 countries including Nigeria. I currently manage the communications of xxxx Limited, a development investment portfolio, and I'm looking at progressing to a senior role.

VO: Why did you choose this course?
Two reasons.
First is to be able to conduct a field research under the supervision of Dr Jim xxxx and Dr xxxx Anderson. My research will focus on how public opinion on migrants and refugees are formed, and how those opinions influence government policy on the treatment of refugees. The aim is to provide solutions to the refugee and migration crisis in sub-saharan Africa, particularly in the Northeast of Nigeria.
The second reason is to be able to gain the competencies and exposure to be able to take up the role of CSR Director at xxxx, where I currently work. Our shareholders are looking towards investing in a nonprofit to serve the humanitarian needs of conflict-hit northeast and the cameroonian refugees in southeast Nigeria.

VO: How did you find this university?
I conducted online research via 4icu.rg on US Universities that have expertise in International Studies and International Development. I found that the University of xxxx hosts two outstanding scholars with leading research in refugee and humanitarian studies, and international affairs - Dr Jim xxxx and Dr xxxx Anderson. This attracted me to the university, then of course the funding I got.

VO: What will this degree do for you?
With this degree I will have the skills and competencies required to be able to provide solutions to the refugee and migration crisis in Sub-saharan Africa, particularly Nigeria. I will also be able to take up the role of CSR Director at xxxx.

VO: Did you apply to other schools? Which?
Yes. American University, Washington and Brandeis University, Massachusetts.

VO: What is your plan for study?
My study plan includes 27 credit hours of learning and 4 hours of thesis research, spread across 4 semesters. I will take 9 credits in each of my first 3 semesters - a total of 27 credit hours of learning. Then in my 4th semester, I will take 4 "Thesis Hours" for intensive research and thesis writing. Throughout the study, I will also gain knowledge from seminars, conferences, and brown bag events held by my department.

VO: I can see that you have full funding. Can you tell me about it?
I was awarded a full tuition and fees waiver, including health insurance; and full graduate assistantship which comes with a monthly stipend for my living expenses.

VO: Are you married?
No, I'm not.

VO: Who will be paying for your trip?
The department xxxxx will be funding my trip to campus.

VO: Alright. I will be approving your visa smiley

@fairheart @walspring @Lagosismyhome @Shuayb0

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TEMIT0PE: 9:38am On May 25, 2021
Sent you an email request

Kofoworolatoyo:
Anyone going to TAMUK here? Please reach out to me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Happiness1186: 10:09am On May 25, 2021
[quote author=chibertha post=102009319]Reporting from Abuja
First to be interviewed
Appointment 7,30 am
Interviewed 8 am 24 May 2021

VO- good morning
Me -good morning
VO- pass me you're I-20
Me- here you go
Vo- I see you are going to Marshall
University for MSc safety
Me - yes
Vol - you were in the USA last year why.
Me - To have a baby
V.o - are you planning on having another
baby soon
Me - no I am done with childbirth
Vo - what is your highest level of
education
Me - B.Eng
V.o - what will you do with this degree
Me - after my first degree I have been
working as safety personnel at
different levels but with all my
certifications and experience I
have not passed the level of
coordinator with this degree, I will
be getting to management.
V.o - what does XXXX company do
(ie where I work)
Me - it is an oil servicing company
Vo.- Who will be paid for this
Me - It will be funded from family funds
and my sister is to doll out the cash
from my father and grandparents'
estate. She is a pharmacist and
has her own wholesale and retail
chain.
Vo. - Are you going with your children
Me - yes but with little one first
Vo - is your husband coming with you
Me - No, he is at work.
Vo.- I will be keeping your passport goes with your I20 when you travel.
Me. - I thank you.

Note
No GRE no English language test
COA $38600 US
NO FUNDING
Both my kids were born in the states
I graduated from University in 2003
Every question was asked based on what I filled in DS 160

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY HERE SEE YOU IN YANKEE SOON

Congratulationsssss. I’ve been waiting for this type of transcript. Please I’ve sent you an email.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hisexcellency20: 11:12am On May 25, 2021
Greetings!!!⛅

Are you in ABUJA? Looking for a reputable Lab to do your Covid-19 test?

We operate 24/7.

Slide to my DM for more info.

Thanks��

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pepperoni001: 11:40am On May 25, 2021
YES...

As a matter of fact you are expected to attach it with your I20 when requesting.

gordonz:
Please do I need to pay SEVIS fee first before requesting for emergency appointment ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 12:16pm On May 25, 2021
Please I need good hotel close to Lagos Embassy. Price range: 10k-15k.
I'd appreciate it if you can recommend any for me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 12:24pm On May 25, 2021
Tayoade19:
Please I need good hotel close to Lagos Embassy. Price range: 10k-15k.
I'd appreciate it if you can recommend any for me.

Somebody posted this on this thread at one time

There are hotels around but it depends on your preference.

*Demlis hotel can be found inside the Federal Civil service club and it's along Awolowo road. Just a few minutes walk(1km or less) from the embassy or you find a means to get there.
Price range: 6-10k

*Bayland guest house is another hotel located at 54 Forsythe Street and less than 8 mins to us embassy.
Price range: 5-8k

Westwood Hotel Ikoyi located at Awolowo road too.
Price range: Unknown

Atlantic Hotel: Location is very close to USE
Less than 8 mins

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 12:32pm On May 25, 2021
The Biotechnology department of The University Of Texas at Tyler (UT Health Science Center, Tyler) is still accepting applications for their Master's program in Biotechnology for fall 2021 up until July 15. Tuition and fees are waived for everyone admitted for this session, and you also have a high chance of getting Graduate Research Assistantship. If you have a flair for Biomedical research, please apply. Also, you can request for application fee waiver! I don't want to be the only Nigerian going there this fall.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by maridrug(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2021
Any University for Masters w/o application fee and language proficiency in USA.
My purpose is to relocate abroad please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hybeesalau: 2:01pm On May 25, 2021
Heey Tyler, whats up. i am interested in applying. But please I'll need more info from you concerning the application.
My no is 09083220421 you could just drop a whatsapp message. thanks

Tylerbaby:
The Biotechnology department of The University Of Texas at Tyler (UT Health Science Center, Tyler) is still accepting applications for their Master's program in Biotechnology for fall 2021 up until July 15. Tuition and fees are waived for everyone admitted for this session, and you also have a high chance of getting Graduate Research Assistantship. If you have a flair for Biomedical research, please apply. Also, you can request for application fee waiver! I don't want to be the only Nigerian going there this fall.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 2:03pm On May 25, 2021
Hybeesalau:
Heey Tyler, whats up. i am interested in applying. But please I'll need more info from you concerning the application.
My no is 09083220421 you could just drop a whatsapp message. thanks

Please, I'll only be able to attend to queries here, unless I'll charge you for my time. I'm still looking for flight money. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joezinho: 2:47pm On May 25, 2021
Tylerbaby:

Good day bro. Please did the Biotechnology department waive the gre and toefl requirements?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 3:01pm On May 25, 2021
customised87:

Somebody posted this on this thread at one time

There are hotels around but it depends on your preference.

*Demlis hotel can be found inside the Federal Civil service club and it's along Awolowo road. Just a few minutes walk(1km or less) from the embassy or you find a means to get there.
Price range: 6-10k

*Bayland guest house is another hotel located at 54 Forsythe Street and less than 8 mins to us embassy.
Price range: 5-8k

Westwood Hotel Ikoyi located at Awolowo road too.
Price range: Unknown

Atlantic Hotel: Location is very close to USE
Less than 8 mins

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Juwon21: 3:04pm On May 25, 2021
Tylerbaby:

Kindly share your transcripts for us to learn from
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hybeesalau: 3:28pm On May 25, 2021
Lol really??

Anyways in case you willing to help, The info I need basically is ;

1. did you do wes to apply(I saw it in the application portal)
2. who did you mail to get a app fee waiver
3. Also, did you have to send your official transcripts from your sch or you used that student copy to apply?? (the portal says so)

Thanks

Tylerbaby:
Please, I'll only be able to attend to queries here, unless I'll charge you for my time. I'm still looking for flight money. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vom123: 4:25pm On May 25, 2021
Tylerbaby:

Hello, thank you for this information.

I have a few questions please :
Did you include your GRE / TOFEL while applying? Also how did you go about the grad Assistantship
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mrtobydave(m): 6:18pm On May 25, 2021
Hello guys,

Please how reliable is the idea of an agent putting funds in one's bank account to show as proof of funds? Does it work? and what's the success rate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dotman23(m): 6:18pm On May 25, 2021
Good evening, please how do I sort this out...I am trying to pay for my application fee using union MasterCard... But I Keep getting Card authentication error
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abimbola15: 6:29pm On May 25, 2021
Hello want to find out, would it affect ones visa if they have a family member who had overstayed their visa in the past.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2021
Abimbola15:
Hello want to find out, would it affect ones visa if they have a family member who had overstayed their visa in the past.
It will affect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2021
Dotman23:
Good evening, please how do I sort this out...I am trying to pay for my application fee using union MasterCard... But I Keep getting Card authentication error
Remember you can't make more than $100 transaction per month
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:32pm On May 25, 2021
mrtobydave:
Hello guys,

Please how reliable is the idea of an agent putting funds in one's bank account to show as proof of funds? Does it work? and what's the success rate?
Not a good idea
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mrtobydave(m): 8:20pm On May 25, 2021
Hmmm why do you say this? The funds are usually too much to raise all at once

horlahsunbo225:

Not a good idea
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:25pm On May 25, 2021
Dotman23:

Boss! Anything online payment is best and reliable being paid via GTBank (Card and App). So, try get a GTBank card.

Or the app fee is more than the daily $ limit by CBN rule? If not find GTBank Master Card.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:29pm On May 25, 2021
Abimbola15:

Weeks ago, over here we saw a situation like that, where It seem affected a guy. The VO seems get to see the details via same address he drop has his and have to question about another who has used the same address in the past and has not returned back.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:39pm On May 25, 2021
iamtoluola:
I did expedition few minutes ago and it was approved immediately, and I have rescheduled
My initial date was tor September 9 nd school resumes August so I rescheduled to June 17th today
Plus dates are still available from 14th June as at this morning I just picked 17th because I didn’t want to pick Monday
Location of embassy is ABUJA
before you change location it’s better to be sure of dates before you change o

Hey Boss! You mean, you’d your expedition and was accepted/approved before the initial “60days before your resumption”? Please, help clear it. Like, my resumption is first week of August and I’m get to chose a date because no date avail before my resumption day/date yet. Yeah, Abuja!

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.