Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,805 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638948 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aloysius20(m): 9:56pm On May 23, 2021
raddyworld:
[23/05, 7:10 pm] Oluwase!!!�: But it's getting harder to get papers in USA. Students visa is just like visitors visa, the only difference is you can study and work
[23/05, 7:10 pm] Oluwase!!!�: As soon as the visa expires, you will be in the same category as people with expired visitors visa
[23/05, 7:10 pm] Oluwase!!!�: Having employer file for you is an uphill task, because the employer has to prove that there is nobody in the whole on USA that can do that job except you
[23/05, 7:10 pm] Oluwase!!!�: USA is not what it used to be, notwithstanding, people are still getting papers everyday in yankee
[23/05, 7:10 pm] Oluwase!!!�: The problem is if you can do whatever they are doing.

Please guys, I asked a question concerning after school and getting a job immediately sometimes on this forum. This information above is from a someone that lives in america.
It is true that I will be stranded after studies. Bcus I tot companies will employ me immediately so as to file for my papers and invite my family.

Pls advice before I rush into what I will find difficult to do.

A big thanks to anyone helping with real advice and info.

Lol @"employ me immediately". As much as there are lots of companies who file a H1B visa (the visa that enables you work and stay in the USA for 3 years), there are tons of others who won't because it's easier employing a PR or citizen who they don't have to stress themselves filing anything for, than you.

I'm not sure about that inviting your family over on H1B, but before graduation, acquire relevant industry skills and network properly to get jobs in companies that can file for you. There's never a guarantee to it's best you stop believing there's a queue of jobs waiting in USA, else you might return after 60 days of graduation.

Depending on specialization and networking sense (plus relevant skills acquired), people experience varying struggles to secure these jobs. So start making headway for the end goal from the start of your program.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Systrom(m): 11:31pm On May 23, 2021
Aloysius20:

Lol @"employ me immediately". As much as there are lots of companies who file a H1B visa (the visa that enables you work and stay in the USA for 3 years), there are tons of others who won't because it's easier employing a PR or citizen who they don't have to stress themselves filing anything for, than you.

I'm not sure about that inviting your family over on H1B, but before graduation, acquire relevant industry skills and network properly to get jobs in companies that can file for you. There's never a guarantee to it's best you stop believing there's a queue of jobs waiting in USA, else you might return after 60 days of graduation.

Depending on specialization and networking sense (plus relevant skills acquired), people experience varying struggles to secure these jobs. So start making headway for the end goal from the start of your program.
Before your employer apply for H1-B visa, I believe one can be on OPT, which last for 1 year and 3 years if you are a STEM student/graduate.

So after the 3 years of OPT, you can convince your employer to retain you and apply for H1-B visa which is valid for 3 years. And after it’s expiration, it can be renewed or extended for another 3 years, though your application for renewal might not get approved all the time. It’s competitive.

So basically, a STEM graduate got 9 years of stay after studies, all things being equal

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by slimdolyin(m): 11:58pm On May 23, 2021
LeviAckerman:

Hi have you gotten your GTA offer??

I applied to APSU too computer science and quantitative methods with concentration in data management and analysis..

Can we hookup?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aloysius20(m): 12:17am On May 24, 2021
Systrom:
Before your employer apply for H1-B visa, I believe one can be on OPT, which last for 1 year and 3 years if you are a STEM student/graduate.

So after the 3 years of OPT, you can convince your employer to retain you and apply for H1-B visa which is valid for 3 years. And after it’s expiration, it can be renewed or extended for another 3 years, though your application for renewal might not get approved all the time. It’s competitive.

So basically, a STEM graduate got 9 years of stay after studies, all things being equal

Yeah, but this got 9 years makes it sound all rosy and guaranteed, which is what I was explaining. Surprised OPT is 3 years�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by revenant: 12:34am On May 24, 2021
Please I need solutions; when filling the DS 160 FORM, it kept timing-out every seconds. What could be the problem? I have been trying to fill the form for like 2days now.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:11am On May 24, 2021
revenant:
Please I need solutions; when filling the DS 160 FORM, it kept timing-out every seconds. What could be the problem? I have been trying to fill the form for like 2days now.
Thank you.
Have you tried changing your source of network? It could be due to poor internet connection. Ensure you save every page before moving forward so you can easily retrieve last work.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 5:31am On May 24, 2021
raddyworld:
[23/05, 7:10 pm] Oluwase!!!�: But it's getting harder to get papers in USA. Students visa is just like visitors visa, the only difference is you can study and work
[23/05, 7:10 pm] Oluwase!!!�: As soon as the visa expires, you will be in the same category as people with expired visitors visa
[23/05, 7:10 pm] Oluwase!!!�: Having employer file for you is an uphill task, because the employer has to prove that there is nobody in the whole on USA that can do that job except you
[23/05, 7:10 pm] Oluwase!!!�: USA is not what it used to be, notwithstanding, people are still getting papers everyday in yankee
[23/05, 7:10 pm] Oluwase!!!�: The problem is if you can do whatever they are doing.

Please guys, I asked a question concerning after school and getting a job immediately sometimes on this forum. This information above is from a someone that lives in america.
It is true that I will be stranded after studies. Bcus I tot companies will employ me immediately so as to file for my papers and invite my family.

Pls advice before I rush into what I will find difficult to do.

A big thanks to anyone helping with real advice and info.

Be patient. this takes time:

1. You likely will spend 1-3 years on a STEM OPT (less if you're not in a STEM program)
2. You'll need a company to file for an H1B for you - you can stay on this visa for 6 years.
3. In that time, you need your employer to file for a green card - this can take 2-4 years depending on if you need to file in the EB1, 2 or 3 category.
4. You are eligible to naturalize as a citizen after 5 years on a greencard, unless you marry a US citizen in that time.

Reminder - you are most likely only able to bring your wife and children once you're on a green card. It can take at least 2 years. If you plan on bringing your parents, you can on a greencard but will take you a few years too. It will take way too long to bring your siblings over 18 years of age so I wouldn't bother.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abimbola15: 6:59am On May 24, 2021
lucaschukwuka:

lucaschucks@gmail.com
Thanks

Funmibolarious@yahoo.com

Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abimbola15: 7:03am On May 24, 2021
Hello, I just started following this thread. I noticed alot of people apply to multiple schools and write gre. I want to apply to just one school named montclair state university, and it does not require a gre, does this affect my chances of getting a visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aloysius20(m): 7:48am On May 24, 2021
Abimbola15:
Hello, I just started following this thread. I noticed alot of people apply to multiple schools and write gre. I want to apply to just one school named montclair state university, and it does not require a gre, does this affect my chances of getting a visa?

No, it doesn't even though it might be best to mention a higher number when asked. But have you thought of your chances of getting into that school? I'll suggest you spread your risk by applying to a few more at least.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pepperoni001: 8:31am On May 24, 2021
Stop spreading misinformation...

Though it is always good to fill forms correctly.

However, it is not a capital offense when you state regular instead of previously denied.

If they don't want people to exploit the loopholes, they should put measures in place.

I know 3 students for Spring 2021 that was refused initially, paid another visa fee immediately, picked a new date as regular and they are all in the state presently.

Malone122:
ASAP don’t even dull it unless you want to be banned ( that’s if the refusal is within 6 months )

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abimbola15: 8:35am On May 24, 2021
Aloysius20:

No, it doesn't even though it might be best to mention a higher number when asked. But have you thought of your chances of getting into that school? I'll suggest you spread your risk by applying to a few more at least.
thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 8:41am On May 24, 2021
A friend of mine used his supervisor's USD statement as proof of funds last year and he was denied, now he wants to use his mother's Naira account for proof of funds.

How best should he answer if the VO asks him why he didn't use his family as sponsor initially?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:46am On May 24, 2021
Pepperoni001:
Stop spreading misinformation...

Though it is always good to fill forms correctly.

However, it is not a capital offense when you state regular instead of previously denied.

If they don't want people to exploit the loopholes, they should put measures in place.

I know 3 students for Spring 2021 that was refused initially, paid another visa fee immediately, picked a new date as regular and they are all in the state presently.

hmm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 9:20am On May 24, 2021
Pefuele:

The Nigerian standard paper is A4 and the US standard is letter which is the dimensions given. You can print on either. However, should you want to print on letter you should enter a book shop to get a letter paper you can then go to business centres to print on it.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 9:25am On May 24, 2021
revenant:
Thank you.

Make sure your internet connection is strong, if it's not it will time out every 20 minutes or less.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cessnk: 9:26am On May 24, 2021
After printing the I20 are we supposed to sign on the colum where the student name was written ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 9:49am On May 24, 2021
Reporting from Abuja
First to be interviewed
Appointment 7,30 am
Interviewed 8 am 24 May 2021

VO- good morning
Me -good morning
VO- pass me you're I-20
Me- here you go
Vo- I see you are going to Marshall
University for MSc safety
Me - yes
Vol - you were in the USA last year why.
Me - To have a baby
V.o - are you planning on having another
baby soon
Me - no I am done with childbirth
Vo - what is your highest level of
education
Me - B.Eng
V.o - what will you do with this degree
Me - after my first degree I have been
working as safety personnel at
different levels but with all my
certifications and experience I
have not passed the level of
coordinator with this degree, I will
be getting to management.
V.o - what does XXXX company do
(ie where I work)
Me - it is an oil servicing company
Vo.- Who will be paid for this
Me - It will be funded from family funds
and my sister is to doll out the cash
from my father and grandparents'
estate. She is a pharmacist and
has her own wholesale and retail
chain.
Vo. - Are you going with your children
Me - yes but with little one first
Vo - is your husband coming with you
Me - No, he is at work.
Vo.- I will be keeping your passport goes with your I20 when you travel.
Me. - I thank you.

Note
No GRE no English language test
COA $38600 US
NO FUNDING
Both my kids were born in the states
I graduated from University in 2003
Every question was asked based on what I filled in DS 160

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY HERE SEE YOU IN YANKEE SOON

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beejaybanji93: 9:54am On May 24, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.
. Kindly help me send the materials to beejaybanji93@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abimbola15: 10:26am On May 24, 2021
Beejaybanji93:
. Kindly help me send the materials to beejaybanji93@gmail.com
funmibolarious@yahoo.com

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Febisola007: 10:46am On May 24, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.
febisola007@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 10:59am On May 24, 2021
Any school currently waiving app fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 11:01am On May 24, 2021
chibertha:
Reporting from Abuja
First to be interviewed
Appointment 7,30 am

VO- good morning
Me -good morning
VO- pass me you're I-20
Me- here you go
Vo- I see you are going to Marshall
University for MSc safety
Me - yes
Vol - you were in the USA last year why.
Me - To have a baby
V.o - are you planning on having another
baby soon
Me - no I am done with childbirth
Vo - what is your highest level of
education
Me - B.Eng
V.o - what will you do with this degree
Me - after my first degree I have been
working as safety personnel at
different levels but with all my
certifications and experience I
have not passed the level of
coordinator with this degree, I will
be getting to management.
V.o - what does XXXX company do
(ie where I work)
Me - it is an oil servicing company
Vo.- Who will be paid for this
Me - It will be funded from family funds
and my sister is to doll out the cash
from my father and grandparents'
estate. She is a pharmacist and
has her own wholesale and retail
chain.
Vo. - Are you going with your children
Me - yes but with little one first
Vo - is your husband coming with you
Me - No, he is at work.
Vo.- I will be keeping your passport goes with your I20 when you travel.
Me. - I thank you.

Note
No GRE no English language test
COA $38600 US
NO FUNDING
Both my kids were born in the states
I graduated from University in 2003
Every question was asked based on what I filled in DS 160

Transcript from someone in my shoes at last. Congratulations!!!

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 11:04am On May 24, 2021
obajoey:
Tiffin University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 11:12am On May 24, 2021
Thank you. Their application is so straightforward. And they have one of the concentrations I have been looking for, thank you.
customised87:

Tiffin University

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 11:14am On May 24, 2021
The school con look like paradise sha..
customised87:

Tiffin University

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by patomaniac: 12:00pm On May 24, 2021
obajoey:

Cleveland state university
University of Louisiana, monroe

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 12:13pm On May 24, 2021
Thank you.
patomaniac:

Cleveland state university
University if Louisiana, monroe

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 12:18pm On May 24, 2021
customised87:

Are you sure your shoes � is not bigger than me.

Transcript from someone in my shoes at last. Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 12:27pm On May 24, 2021
chibertha:
Reporting from Abuja
First to be interviewed
Appointment 7,30 am

Congrats!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aloysius20(m): 12:51pm On May 24, 2021
Cessnk:
After printing the I20 are we supposed to sign on the colum where the student name was written ?

Yes, and a parent/guardian to sign the line below with their name.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aloysius20(m): 12:51pm On May 24, 2021
chibertha:
Reporting from Abuja First to be interviewed Appointment 7,30 am Interviewed 8 am 24 May 2021

Congratulations!

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.