Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1662133 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vicxxy10: 4:19pm On May 26, 2021
Hello,
Could you please share the link/program coordinator's contact? I have a couple of questions for him/her but I can't find the contact.
Tylerbaby:
TOEFL is waived for Nigerians, but GRE is compulsory. You need to have a GRE score of 295.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blackpelz: 4:32pm On May 26, 2021
Mandorland:
hello sir. I need GRE materials. Email: pelusco.pa@gmail.com. Thank you

Hello sir. This is my email. Pelusco.pa@gmail.com

I would love if I can get some Visa past questions too. Thank You
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:35pm On May 26, 2021

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:36pm On May 26, 2021
Shasha1995:
Hello guys, can I still use a financial statement printed on April 9 for my i20 as a proof of funding during visa interview scheduled on august or do I need to print a more recent one. Thank you
Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:39pm On May 26, 2021
EricOse1:
Good day everyone,I have been following few of the chats,I must commend all who have been of great help, this house gave me a different perspective on traveling out.thank you.May God bless you all abundantly.
Please could anyone help me with a brief break down of student application from the start to interview day, please I really need this right now so that I can start.thanks again I would appreciate if I a volunteer to mentor oooo
Shortlist schools using usnews, Google and any other websites

Check for the requirements for the course and degree you want to do

Write standardized test if needed

Mail grad cord

Apply for admission

Push for funding

Request for I20

Pay sevis and visa fee..

Go for interview

Back your bag and leave wink

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:42pm On May 26, 2021
Prosnelson:

How? Am finding it difficult to pay too
If you've done the coupon, then the instruction on how to make the payment is on the coupon print out..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Girlbestfriend(f): 5:20pm On May 26, 2021
chibertha:
Reporting from Abuja
First to be interviewed
Appointment 7,30 am
Interviewed 8 am 24 May 2021

VO- good morning
Me -good morning
VO- pass me you're I-20
Me- here you go
Vo- I see you are going to Marshall
University for MSc safety
Me - yes
Vol - you were in the USA last year why.
Me - To have a baby
V.o - are you planning on having another
baby soon
Me - no I am done with childbirth
Vo - what is your highest level of
education
Me - B.Eng
V.o - what will you do with this degree
Me - after my first degree I have been
working as safety personnel at
different levels but with all my
certifications and experience I
have not passed the level of
coordinator with this degree, I will
be getting to management.
V.o - what does XXXX company do
(ie where I work)
Me - it is an oil servicing company
Vo.- Who will be paid for this
Me - It will be funded from family funds
and my sister is to doll out the cash
from my father and grandparents'
estate. She is a pharmacist and
has her own wholesale and retail
chain.
Vo. - Are you going with your children
Me - yes but with little one first
Vo - is your husband coming with you
Me - No, he is at work.
Vo.- I will be keeping your passport goes with your I20 when you travel.
Me. - I thank you.

Note
No GRE no English language test
COA $38600 US
NO FUNDING
Both my kids were born in the states
I graduated from University in 2003
Every question was asked based on what I filled in DS 160

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY HERE SEE YOU IN YANKEE SOON

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I have been wondering on how to go about my transcript (likely answers), I felt I have been out of uni far too long(I graduated 2012). This just gave me a boost. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 26, 2021
Can someone link me too universities in the US that offer PhD Management and do not require GRE or TOEFL? Also, universities I can get tuition waiver and graduate assistantship position. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by agaliboy: 6:45pm On May 26, 2021
Looking for a great University to apply to in the US?. Look no further. Apply to the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut.

The application fee is FREE for both undergrad and post-grad programs. I know because I am starting my program this Fall at the University. Join me. Lets form a vibrant Nigerian community of intellectuals in Connecticut, USA

What are you waiting for?. Start applying

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 7:43pm On May 26, 2021
EricOse1:
Good day everyone,I have been following few of the chats,I must commend all who have been of great help, this house gave me a different perspective on traveling out.thank you.May God bless you all abundantly.
Please could anyone help me with a brief break down of student application from the start to interview day, please I really need this right now so that I can start.thanks again I would appreciate if I a volunteer to mentor oooo

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2021
EricOse1:

Step 1

Research for schools that suit your profile perfectly in terms of programs they offer , requirements for admission and funding opportunities .

Step 2

Contact the *Graduate Coordinator* telling him why you are interested in the school. You're to introduce yourself talking about your name, Country, Course of Study, GPA, plans for GRE and TOEFL, Research Interests, publication and also why you like his research interests. Conclude the mail by inquiring if there are funding opportunities for your intended program.

Step 3

Prepare for GRE/TOEFL/GMAT (depending on the program requirements)

Step 4
Apply to the schools you choose ( Some schools requires you to apply for funding as you submit your application, some give automatic funding while some requires you to apply for funding *only* after admission offer)

Step 5
Request for your I20
The I20 is the most important Visa document which displays relevant information about your program, cost and funding.

Step 6

Process your SEVIS (fmjfee.com). The SEVIS is a compulsory fee which must be paid before Visa Interview.

Step 7
Apply for Visa.
This requires intense preparation because you're going to be drilled by the Visa Officers.

Step 8
Pay for your flight and fly.

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EricOse1(m): 8:23pm On May 26, 2021
Please someone should help me out with my request, I would be glad.I really need someone to mentor me on this journey, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EricOse1(m): 8:25pm On May 26, 2021
Thank you Moshkom
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:47pm On May 26, 2021
Mandorland:
Can someone link me too universities in the US that offer PhD Management and do not require GRE or TOEFL? Also, universities I can get tuition waiver and graduate assistantship position. Thanks
Write one of the exam boss grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 8:51pm On May 26, 2021
It’s better you start your process and not wait for a mentor. Someone already gave you steps on what to do. People are busy and might not have the time for that except you pay they could take it seriously. But you could also reach out to reputable education consultant to guide you

EricOse1:
Please someone should help me out with my request, I would be glad.I really need someone to mentor me on this journey, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 8:52pm On May 26, 2021
you want all these and don’t want to take an exam Lolll. Are you sure you really want this?

Mandorland:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 26, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Write one of the exam boss grin
lmaoooo I go try
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 26, 2021
Laworldz:
you want all these and don’t want to take an exam Lolll. Are you sure you really want this?

lmaooo it's the money o plus I heard the GRE is difficult but may be I'll give it a try....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 8:55pm On May 26, 2021
Vicxxy10:
Hello,
Could you please share the link/program coordinator's contact? I have a couple of questions for him/her but I can't find the contact.
biotech@uthct.edu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 8:57pm On May 26, 2021
Hybeesalau:
OK thank you for the info.
i've sent in my application and I only uploaded my gre, cv, sop and my student copy transcript. Will they send me a mail later requesting the WES
evaluation ?? well if they do, I'll request they process my file like that and i will send the evaluated copy after admission.
Another question please, when did you apply were you interviewed and how much does their assistantship cover

Got my admission in 2019, deferred. I was not interviewed. But I'm not sure if you'll be interviewed this time. GA is about 13K per year.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fynegirlkay: 9:28pm On May 26, 2021
Hi everyone I'm new here. Just stumbled on this group. A great find!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EricOse1(m): 9:42pm On May 26, 2021
ju5na34ra:

Kindly help me send the materials here, thank you so much - Tomilayoadeyemi1@gmail.com
Please help me send the material here, thanks.
ericoses25@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opeyemioguns: 9:43pm On May 26, 2021
Tylerbaby:
Please, I'll only be able to attend to queries here, unless I'll charge you for my time. I'm still looking for flight money. grin grin grin

Please what range is d flight ticket price now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opeyemioguns: 9:49pm On May 26, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Do Wes evaluation, if yours also increase then fine

I don't need Wes to upgrade my grade. I have a relatively good grade already.

I asked so as to know more about Wes. D question isn't for my own sake really. I may be in a position to advise others later. Dats why I want to know
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opeyemioguns: 10:03pm On May 26, 2021
Shasha1995:
Hello guys, can I still use a financial statement printed on April 9 for my i20 as a proof of funding during visa interview scheduled on august or do I need to print a more recent one. Thank you

U need a more recent one. I think it should not b more than 15 days earlier than ur interview date

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opeyemioguns: 10:10pm On May 26, 2021
agaliboy:
Looking for a great University to apply to in the US?. Look no further. Apply to the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut.

The application fee is FREE for both undergrad and post-grad programs. I know because I am starting my program this Fall at the University. Join me. Lets form a vibrant Nigerian community of intellectuals in Connecticut, USA

What are you waiting for?. Start applying

Do they waive GRE and TOEFL too?

Any uni I'll apply to now must waive app fee, GRE and TOEFL
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by statemanui(m): 10:39pm On May 26, 2021
kbanty22:
Good evening. A friend of mine is finding it difficult to pay SEVIS fee. He went to western union and they told him that his name will be there. Please does anyone knows how best to go about this. Thanks in anticipation

Your friend can try out barter dollars virtual card to make payment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blackgirlrabi: 12:25am On May 27, 2021
Good morning, I applied for nursing while still an undergraduate here, what help can you offer me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ehizy007: 12:33am On May 27, 2021
FALSE! Your SOA should be at least within 6 months.
opeyemioguns:

U need a more recent one. I think it should not b more than 15 days earlier than ur interview date

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kissoflife: 4:45am On May 27, 2021
horlahsunbo225:
For those that need GRE materials here it is

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=19jj86h3dKYAluo76zGUh5ST0g1QuILm7

For reference
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JaySterling: 5:24am On May 27, 2021
These 2 schools are currently waiving application fees

CSU - Cleveland State University
NJCU - New Jersey City University

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 6:46am On May 27, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I appreciate y'all everyday especially those gurus that still find time to reply to our never-ending questions.

I want to schedule for interview at the Abuja consular office, but the available dates is at October on my portal.

What are my best possible options now?

Program starts in the month of July

NB: I have not ruled out interviewing in Lagos but Staying here in Abuja will be easier.

Dalu kwa nu!

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.