Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,024 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1641696 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 7:18am On May 30, 2021
Rhonah:

I'm sure if you take your time to go through the thread you'll see tons of them. That's why this thread is golden. All you have to do is take out time and read up different transcript and you can predict the possible questions you'd be asked.
Okkk thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 7:50am On May 30, 2021
Please, which school is this?
plexxyus:
Hello people,

Thank you all for the good job that you are doing here. I recently joined the conversation last year and the volume of information and help I have gotten is enormous. Thank you.

I am in a tight situation here. I am going for my MS in Mech Engr and I have my visa interview already scheduled for Monday, 05/31/2021. However, my dept reached out to me on Thursday last week offering me a GA position in the department - someone else previously awarded had cancelled. However this is coming quite late and I reached out to my International Student Office on Friday to revise my I20 but I haven't heard back from them and it might be too late already, since my interview is tomorrow at Lagos. My GA offer letter from my department comes with full tuition waiver plus $21,000 salary for 1 year employment, leaving me with about $3k deficit. My mother will sponsor the remaining deficit.

Is it advisable to go with my GA offer letter to my interview as proof of my GA funding? Has anyone been in this situation before?

Thank you in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lightp: 7:58am On May 30, 2021
RukayatAkanji:
Gud evening all, pls I transferred my SEVIS fee payment from my old SEVIS ID to the new one, I was asked to check back in the next 2-3 days for approval, I've been waiting now but nothing showed....Anyone here that has done the same before?, how many days does it take pls?

Yes, mine was two days.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Misterdhee1(m): 8:06am On May 30, 2021
plexxyus:
Hello people,

Thank you all for the good job that you are doing here. I recently joined the conversation last year and the volume of information and help I have gotten is enormous. Thank you.

I am in a tight situation here. I am going for my MS in Mech Engr and I have my visa interview already scheduled for Monday, 05/31/2021. However, my dept reached out to me on Thursday last week offering me a GA position in the department - someone else previously awarded had cancelled. However this is coming quite late and I reached out to my International Student Office on Friday to revise my I20 but I haven't heard back from them and it might be too late already, since my interview is tomorrow at Lagos. My GA offer letter from my department comes with full tuition waiver plus $21,000 salary for 1 year employment, leaving me with about $3k deficit. My mother will sponsor the remaining deficit.

Is it advisable to go with my GA offer letter to my interview as proof of my GA funding? Has anyone been in this situation before?

Thank you in advance.
Go with your GA letter, and explain the situation to the VO. You should be fine by God's grace.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 9:07am On May 30, 2021
Dejino70:

Please Choose Penn State University. They have a World Bank sponsored scholarship for the Built Environment that can give you a full tuition waiver. I shared the scholarship link earlier this year on this thread

Thank you very much. Can I choose them for spring?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 9:09am On May 30, 2021
Pefuele:

What is your GPA? Both UG and Ms GPA if you have an MS? WES evaluation?
TOEFL /IELTS scores? Pubs?

Thank you very much. My undergraduate CGPA is 3.79/5, WES unofficial using their website is 3.34/4. I have no publication, and I am currently preparing for TOEFL. Any help?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:51am On May 30, 2021
Go with the mail and explain to the VO. Be upfront about it. Also, inform your school to please upload it in your sevis. The mail should suffice though. All the best.
plexxyus:
Hello people,

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yikes12: 11:19am On May 30, 2021
I have interview on June 17 ,but I don't know the likely interview questions . I just joined this group plz help me out .

I got admitted into Northern Kentucky University Bsc in computer science angry[/color][color=#770077]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mantics(m): 11:22am On May 30, 2021
Yikes12:
I have interview on June 17 ,but I don't know the likely interview questions . I just joined this group plz help me out .

I got admitted into Northern Kentucky University Bsc in computer science angry[/color][color=#770077]

Take your time to read from Page 1 of this thread use people's transcript to build yours and ask specific questions. I am sure in 2 days you should finish reading. All the best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dan5loriel: 12:13pm On May 30, 2021
Cancel and re apply thats the best option for you. A friend had a similar case 2019 and got denied as it was not reflecting on his i20. My advice u still have time so cancel and reapply wen u have d updated i20

plexxyus:
Hello people,

Thank you in advance.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Honeyklove: 12:57pm On May 30, 2021
Akjlion100:
Hello everyone, good morning. I'm very new to this site as I just joined few minutes ago. I was given an admission into Bemidji State University in Minnesota, so I really need your assistance , please I need help in most questions and answers that is 100% likely to be ask, my interview is about a week close now and I'm just about to study the most likely questions so I really need help. Thank you

Hello Akjlion, how can i reach you please? I am also applying to the same University.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by collykay: 1:44pm On May 30, 2021
crowniran:

Thank you very much. My undergraduate CGPA is 3.79/5, WES unofficial using their website is 3.34/4. I have no publication, and I am currently preparing for TOEFL. Any help?

Please how did you use the WES unofficial calculation? My CGPA OS 3.7/5

It shall end in praise for us all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by collykay: 2:08pm On May 30, 2021
Good everyone!

Please I am new here. I need your advice on schools with funding.

My profile;
1. BSc biochemistry 2011
2. 6years work experience as a Medical Sales Representative
3. Married with a Son(my son will be 2in October). I plan to leave him
4. I'm interested in Msc in Health-related course
5. Self sponsor
Please I need your suggestion with schools I can apply to and I will like to know if going for a health related course will fly for my visa application.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by morpheux: 3:12pm On May 30, 2021
Hello guys,

I need help with financial docs to process my i20, I have scholarship but I still don’t know why my school is asking for docs to release the i20. Anybody to the rescue ?!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmanuelkanayo1(m): 4:54pm On May 30, 2021
Emmanuelkanayo1@gmail.com thanks for the materials
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchman101(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2021
Oyeyemidesign:

Click update profile on your cgi Appointment portal dash board, I think you should be able to correct it.
Thanks for the response but I have done this but it wasn't possible to change it there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheReaper17: 5:34pm On May 30, 2021
Try Western Illinois University, Georgia Southern University or Texas Tech University. Best of luck to you.
collykay:
Good everyone!

My profile;
1. BSc biochemistry 2011
2. 6years work experience as a Medical Sales Representative
3. Married with a Son(my son will be 2in October). I plan to leave him
4. I'm interested in Msc in Health-related course
5. Self sponsor
Please I need your suggestion with schools I can apply to and I will like to know if going for a health related course will fly for my visa application.

Thanks and God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchman101(m): 5:37pm On May 30, 2021
Please I still need your responses to this.
Thanks in advance.
urchman101:
Urgent!!!!
I really appreciate the effort of everyone who have contributed one way or the other to the progress of this forum.
Please I need all the help I can get now. I had correctly filled my passport number on my DS-160 and MRV, then went ahead to apply for visa. But on my appointment document the last digit of my passport number changed from 5 to 1.
Is there anything I can do about it or I have to pay a new MRV fee and file for another visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 5:54pm On May 30, 2021
Good evening family
I need a cheap hotel a walking distance of the USA embassy in Abuja.
Can some please help with some names?

Congratulations to all who got their visa approved this week.
For those going soon, I wish you good luck.
And for those who were not given keep pushing you will succeed in due course.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fantabulous08: 6:04pm On May 30, 2021
Good evening people!

Please, what do you think about conditional or probational admission with or without funding at the point of visa interview?

I’m scared that the word CONDITIONAL might appear on my I-20 and most likely give the VO a wrong impression, leading to a denial.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by barristerkayy: 6:07pm On May 30, 2021
congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 6:14pm On May 30, 2021
crowniran:

Ok,when you have done the TOEFL. Complete Profile is better.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 6:15pm On May 30, 2021
Denizsmart:
Not same surname and doesn't live in Houston

Ok.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 6:21pm On May 30, 2021
plexxyus:
Hello people,

Thank you in advance.

If you are going for fall Why the rush? You can reschedule for another date if you book in Lagos cos I noticed dates are being opened more in Lagos while you ask your International Admissions office to process an updated i-20. My offer was actually improved with more excess funds and I requested for an updated digital copy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lentomac: 6:44pm On May 30, 2021
Any one looking for Biomedical science/ Microbiology opportunities should try

University of Texas health science,/San Antonio ,Texas

No Application Fee

Graduate Programs you can apply for
https://www.uthscsa.edu/academics/biomedical-sciences/programs

Apply here
https://www.uthscsa.edu/academics/biomedical-sciences/admissions

After applying and gaining the Admission, Send a Cold Mail to a Professor/Professors whose Research Areas aligns with your Research Interests in Biomedical Science/Microbiology

Faculty (Professors you can Cold Mail to get Possible Funding)
https://www.uthscsa.edu/academics/biomedical-sciences/faculty/profiles

Find attached a sample of a COLD MAIL

Good luck!!!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmanuelkanayo1(m): 6:50pm On May 30, 2021
lucaschukwuka:

lucaschucks@gmail.com
Thanks

emmanuelkanayo1@gmail.com
Thanks alot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by agaliboy: 6:52pm On May 30, 2021
Try Bolingo Hotel. It is just a minute walk to the embassy. I stayed there the night before my interview. The rooms are cool and serene. You'll feel relaxed and ready to get your visa.

All the best

chibertha:
Good evening family
I need a cheap hotel a walking distance of the USA embassy in Abuja.
Can some please help with some names?

Congratulations to all who got their visa approved this week.
For those going soon, I wish you good luck.
And for those who were not given keep pushing you will succeed in due course.

Kind regards

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmanuelkanayo1(m): 6:58pm On May 30, 2021
ADEX0123:

Pls I need gre material
adedokunfa15@gmail.com

Plz I also need gre materials
Emmanuelkanayo1@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Misterdhee1(m): 7:03pm On May 30, 2021
agaliboy:
Try Bolingo Hotel. It is just a minute walk to the embassy. I stayed there the night before my interview. The rooms are cool and serene. You'll feel relaxed and ready to get your visa.

All the best

Bolingo Hotel? Isn't the price expensive?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TEMIT0PE: 7:50pm On May 30, 2021
I think it's best you write the Embassy explaining your plight. They only can guide your appropraitely and you will have insurance of an official conversation to reference if you have any issues on the day of your interview.

urchman101:
Please I still need your responses to this.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 8:31pm On May 30, 2021
Hi guys, I’m posting this for a friend
Good everyone!

My profile;
1. BA Philosophy 2013
2. 6years work experience as a Sales Representative
3. Msc international law and diplomacy
4. I'm interested in Phd in War Studies
Please I need your suggestion with schools I can apply with a full funding ride.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.