Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1641771 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 10:01pm On May 30, 2021
collykay:

Please how did you use the WES unofficial calculation? My CGPA OS 3.7/5

It shall end in praise for us all

Go to www.wes.org

Make sure you know all your grades from year one to final year and the units too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 10:02pm On May 30, 2021
Pefuele:

Ok,when you have done the TOEFL. Complete Profile is better.

Thanks. I have followed you right away
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by collykay: 10:24pm On May 30, 2021
TheReaper17:
Try Western Illinois University, Georgia Southern University or Texas Tech University. Best of luck to you.

Thanks. God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by collykay: 10:29pm On May 30, 2021
crowniran:

Go to www.wes.org

Make sure you know all your grades from year one to final year and the units too

Thanks alot. God bless you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Criskay: 11:00pm On May 30, 2021
Does your university provide the VO the name of your sponsors as it is in your bank statement.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Criskay: 11:01pm On May 30, 2021
What are the available dates to book for students interview in US embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 1:08am On May 31, 2021
plexxyus:
Hello people,

Thank you all for the good job that you are doing here. I recently joined the conversation last year and the volume of information and help I have gotten is enormous. Thank you.

I am in a tight situation here. I am going for my MS in Mech Engr and I have my visa interview already scheduled for Monday, 05/31/2021. However, my dept reached out to me on Thursday last week offering me a GA position in the department - someone else previously awarded had cancelled. However this is coming quite late and I reached out to my International Student Office on Friday to revise my I20 but I haven't heard back from them and it might be too late already, since my interview is tomorrow at Lagos. My GA offer letter from my department comes with full tuition waiver plus $21,000 salary for 1 year employment, leaving me with about $3k deficit. My mother will sponsor the remaining deficit.

Is it advisable to go with my GA offer letter to my interview as proof of my GA funding? Has anyone been in this situation before?

Thank you in advance.
Cancel and reapply o. there's still a lot of time. if you can reschedule please do. if its to pay another 67K please do.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 5:25am On May 31, 2021
morpheux:
Hello guys,

I need help with financial docs to process my i20, I have scholarship but I still don’t know why my school is asking for docs to release the i20. Anybody to the rescue ?!

What help do you need? Provide the documents the school has asked for, I'm sure they spelled out exactly what they need.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:00am On May 31, 2021
Thanks
However I am going to get passports for my sons.
I got my visa approved on monday 24th may 2021 and picked up my passport from DHL on friday 28th may 2021
agaliboy:
Try Bolingo Hotel. It is just a minute walk to the embassy. I stayed there the night before my interview. The rooms are cool and serene. You'll feel relaxed and ready to get your visa.

All the best

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Styles3six: 6:41am On May 31, 2021
Good day house , please I need to pay my Sevis fee after getting admission
I would need information on best way to pay and the exact price in Naira
Their official site says I pay through western union but not possible from Nigerian banks to USA

Pls thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ehizy007: 6:56am On May 31, 2021
Congratulations to you and your sons. Kindly share your transcript so others can learn one or two. Thanks
chibertha:
Thanks
However I am going to get passports for my sons.
I got my visa approved on monday 24th may 2021 and picked up my passport from DHL on friday 28th may 2021

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nellie160: 7:04am On May 31, 2021
Styles3six:
Good day house , please I need to pay my Sevis fee after getting admission
I would need information on best way to pay and the exact price in Naira
Their official site says I pay through western union but not possible from Nigerian banks to USA

Pls thanks

You have to find someone that can pay for you from the US.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nellie160: 7:07am On May 31, 2021
Good day house,

I’m asking this question on behalf of someone. Is it possible to get full funding for graduate studies if someone graduates with a second class lower?
If yes, any suggestions on the schools?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yikes12: 8:15am On May 31, 2021
Good morning guys ! When I wanted to start this visa processing my agent told me that I can't apply for F1 visa cause my age is above 20 . So he said I should get another Birth Certificate and I should use the new age to get my passport . I got my first passport and 2002 was written there as my DOB and I was born in 1998 cause I have this age on all my documents... Have been given admission with scholarship but am wondering if there might be any issues on my interview day ....cause the vo might ask 4 my age ...I posses two DOB now . 1998 is on my i20 while 2002 on my passport ... Am confused pls help me guys cool cool cry[color=#000000][/color]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:42am On May 31, 2021
Yikes12:
Good morning guys ! When I wanted to start this visa processing my agent told me that I can't apply for F1 visa cause my age is above 20 . So he said I should get another Birth Certificate and I should use the new age to get my passport . I got my first passport and 2002 was written there as my DOB and I was born in 1998 cause I have this age on all my documents... Have been given admission with scholarship but am wondering if there might be any issues on my interview day ....cause the vo might ask 4 my age ...I posses two DOB now . 1998 is on my i20 while 2002 on my passport ... Am confused pls help me guys cool cool cry[color=#000000][/color]
you really just complicated things for yourself if you can justify what you have been doing for your gap years you stand a chance of approval
23 is not a bad age for a Bsc minute

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RENOWNED2(m): 9:00am On May 31, 2021
Please my people, what is the best way to go about getting letter of recommendations. Una know our nigerian lecturers way.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:21am On May 31, 2021
Why are you making things hard for yourself, why will you lie about your age? If they catch you they'll ban for life oh, better go and correct that stuff and use your real age, Bsc with scholarship at 23 isn't bad, even if you're 27 explain yourself because you won't like the outcome of you're caught, I have seen someone here who got approved for BS in CS at 28yrs, agents will embarrase you!! grin grin
Yikes12:

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teeham1234: 9:23am On May 31, 2021
Good days guys. Please does the Embassy still collect Digitally signed i-20 for Visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:28am On May 31, 2021
If they don't know you in person go to school and meet them, they don't bite, just tell them what you came for, if one says no you'll surely find others that will write, or they tell you to write and give them, I feared the same thing but it was easier than I thought, schooled in UNN, non of my lecturers knows me as I'm not one of those bright or popular students but when I came and introduce myself they welcomed me and wrote for me
RENOWNED2:
Please my people, what is the best way to go about getting letter of recommendations. Una know our nigerian lecturers way.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RENOWNED2(m): 10:07am On May 31, 2021
emmanuelle27:
If they don't know you in person go to school and meet them, they don't bite, just tell them what you came for, if one says no you'll surely find others that will write, or they tell you to write and give them, I feared the same thing but it was easier than I thought, schooled in UNN, non of my lecturers knows me as I'm not one of those bright or popular students but when I came and introduce myself they welcomed me and wrote for me
Thats nice. Yours was submitted through email or hand written and mailed?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yikes12: 10:10am On May 31, 2021
[b][/b][
emmanuelle27:
Why are you making things hard for yourself, why will you lie about your age? If they catch you they'll ban for life oh, better go and correct that stuff and use your real age, Bsc with scholarship at 23 isn't bad, even if you're 27 explain yourself because you won't like the outcome of you're caught, I have seen someone here who got approved for BS in CS at 28yrs, agents will embarrase you!! grin grin

OK thanks guys Understood , so please how do I make correction to that sir...cause have been given admission with 20k funds deficit of 5k .. Should I get another passport or what
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 10:20am On May 31, 2021
Go to any passport office and tell them your problem, be ready to spend money if you want an expedited process, good luck to you.
Yikes12:
[b][/b][

OK thanks guys Understood , so please how do I make correction to that sir...cause have been given admission with 20k funds deficit of 5k .. Should I get another passport or what
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 10:21am On May 31, 2021
RENOWNED2:
Thats nice. Yours was submitted through email or hand written and mailed?
lool, email of course
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RENOWNED2(m): 10:26am On May 31, 2021
emmanuelle27:
lool, email of course
Omo, dem try for you o. God dey sha 'cause the process no be here. First, you have to have permission to submit their mails to your schools, then comes the follow up questions ' how do you know this person' bla bla bla, then the writing proper. E no easy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bank450(m): 10:39am On May 31, 2021
Baba it is very easy, just pick up the phone and call your old lecturers, introduce yourself, if they don't know you quickly mention the name of a popular but good person in your set and say you are same set with the person. Tell them you are applying to some schools in USA/Canada and will like to use them as one of your references, some might say you should contact the HOD or your supervisor, tell them that you have already but that you need 3 references. Do this for like 3 lecturers, but make sure they are nice ones ooo, the ones that can write nice things about you.

After getting their approval submit their emails in the application. Then call them again to tell them the school will send a mail to them soon, tell them you will like the letter to be good because it carries weight in the admission process, suggest to write the letter if possible. Dont use too official level. just sound friendly and nice, you can even you local language if possible.

RENOWNED2:
Omo, dem try for you o. God dey sha 'cause the process no be here. First, you have to have permission to submit their mails to your schools, then comes the follow up questions ' how do you know this person' bla bla bla, then the writing proper. E no easy.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Benprass(m): 10:57am On May 31, 2021
dtone:
I actually got my visa approved yesterday in lagos after 2 previous denials and wld love to share my transcript.just that my case is slightly different and I dunno if it will benefit others.but I must say I learnt a thing or too here for which I'm very grateful

Good morning please I will want us to talk about something please how can we chart.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 11:06am On May 31, 2021
please how can i access an old DS-160 i filled about 2 years ago, i want to view the information i submitted at that time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olamiplenty007(m): 11:21am On May 31, 2021
Got admission last year with scholarship(East Tennessee State University) but couldnt mk apptmt due to covid , reapplied and got admission again with scholarship same schl (eng tech).

my apptmt is in 3 weeks here in lagos and i need help pushing this through , also want to know if scholarship makes approval less stressful .

PLEASE HELP!!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 12:36pm On May 31, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dopekidd(m): 12:57pm On May 31, 2021
Hello guys, I want to apply for the coming spring session. My international passport expires April 2022, will I be able to go to the embassy without renewing my passport?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 1:01pm On May 31, 2021
Criskay:
Does your university provide the VO the name of your sponsors as it is in your bank statement.

Depends on the school. If your sponsor name is written on your i-20 then the VO will see it. I know ETSU does that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.