Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647184 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2021
joakhem:
Good Day all
My Visa application was denied on Tuesday
Below is my transcript.
I plan on reapply any hint will be nice.
And also what must have changed in my previous application since I plan on reapply.
Thanks.

V. O: Where are you going to?
ME: Am Going To Southern Illions University For My Masters In Engineering Management

V.O: Whats Your Study Plan
ME: Its a 2 Years Program i Will Be Taking Course from School Of Business And School of Engineering , it Comprises of 30 Credit hour 18 from School Of Business And 12 From School Of Engineering . With a minimum of 6 Credit Hour Course Per Semester .

V.O:How did you find out about this program
ME: Where i worked previously a college of mine went to the school , So upon my decision to pursue my master i Search using princeton review, usnews and niche.com to stream line my options.

VO: How many schools did you apply to
ME: GEORGE WASHINGTON, NORTHEASTERN, MICHIGAN DEARBORN AND SIUE.

VO: So Why SIUE
ME: I Picked Them due to there Quality Affordable Educational Plan and Also due to my Research Interest which aligns with PROF ****** and he has over 10 Years Experience. I Will be Learning from the best in this filed and also they have Lots Of research centers for graduate studies .

VO: Who Is Funding You :
ME: My Uncle Is the CEO Of BLA BLA BLA. They Are in to BLA BLA BLA, international and Local Purposes .

VO: Do You Have An Idea Of His Staff Base .
ME: Minimum OF 50 People . ( I BELIEVE NAH THIS ONE TURN AM OFF.

VO : Are You Sure :
ME: Yes I am

VO: Am Sorry I Can't Offer You Visa At This Time. �

Tough luck. Yeah, if you’re close enough that your uncle is willing to sponsor you, I guess the VO expected you to have a better understanding of what he does.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by expertman(m): 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2021
+234 802 755 9449

Jossy89:

Hi, please can you help me with his contact? I need someone to help me with mine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2021
TWoods:

I hope you get flagged at the embassy. Folks like you are an embarrassment.
Am not an embarrassment, if you don't have any thing good to say you ignore my post
Maybe u haven't been denied a visa before
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2021
Prosnelson:

Am not an embarrassment, if you don't have any thing good to say you ignore my post
Maybe u haven't been denied a visa before

You didn’t have anything good to say either so should have taken your own advice. Blatant fraud isn’t a good thing. Being denied a visa isn’t an excuse… you’re not the only one.

Bear in mind, when you post here asking for solutions, you should understand a few basic facts:

1. VOs read these pages - it is a window into the minds of the people they interview everyday. So good luck ruining it for others.

2. Posting here asking for advice is premised on the fact that every response you get won’t be exactly “nice” to you. If that’s all you want, a blog might serve you better.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bidex2016: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
TWoods:

Hmmm that doesn’t look good. What was the real reason?
the statement is a month old+ when I take it to the embassy.my interview day to resumption day is 20 days so I think he don’t want to collect the hard copy and tell me to tell my sponsor to send the soft and I failed to..,,.i didn’t take any fake document.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bidex2016: 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2021
Bidex2016:
PLEASE HELP REVIEW MY PROPOSED TRANSCRIPT

1,What are you going to do in the United States? OR what is your purpose of wanting to travel to the United States?
ME: am going to etsu for my bachelor degree in public health With concentration in environmental health.

2, How did you get to know about the school of your choice?
ME:I did an extensive research on schools that offers my course of study at the undergraduate level,had a cost of tuition inline with my family budget using educational website like Princeton review.com,usnews.com and google.com

3, Where is your school located?
ME: it is located in 1276,gilbreath dr,Johnson city

4, Why did you choose this school?
Me;I choose etsu bcus it offers a concentration in environmental health which perfectly match my area of interest and I have a friend in the school who will help me settle down.

5, Did you apply to only this school?
ME:4,Fresno state uni,etsu,Warburg college and Benedict

6, How many schools gave you admission?
ME:2admitted

7, Why did you choose you course of study OR why did you decide to study this course?
Me; I work voluntary for national emergency and management agency,during one of our projects I was able to witness at first hand the problem of high burden of Public health disease like malaria,tuberculosis,hiv/aids etc due to poor policies and inadequate allocation of resources to combat and control this disease.my studies in public health will enable me acquire the knowledge and skills to join hands with the federal ministry of health and other public health non profit organizations to bring possible solutions to the high prevalence rate of public health disease in Nigeria.

8, When did you graduate from school: Either secondary or first degree?
Me; 2018

9, What have you been doing since you graduated from school?
ME:after I wrote my SAT and toefl then I volunteered for National emergency and management agency to have some experience on what I wanna study...

10, What will you do after your studies in the US OR what will you do with your degree after studies in the US?
Me;Looking at the system of health in Nigeria this degree will equip me adequately in improving the quality of health by applying the knowledge acquired into the Nigeria health sector.it will be be highly appreciated and it will also give me a brighter opportunity to working for and partnering with the Nigeria governments like federal ministry of health,federal teaching hospital and the Nigeria educational institutions like obafemi awolowo university,university of Lagos,infant the Nigeria government and the Nigeria educational institutions are my main focus ,where I will target and shoot into when I come back to Nigeria because partnering with these two sectors will together create a stronger and healthier Nigeria.

11, Did you take any Standardized test?
ME: yes,TOEFL and SAT

12, Who is/are your sponsors?
ME: my uncle,Mr ********.he is a real estate consultant.he develops,buys and sells properties.he also import building materials and sells them in large scale.

13, tell me your study plan?
Me;going to Etsu for my bachelor degree in public health,I will be taking courses like epidemiology,social science,health management,biostatistics,environmental health,calculus,health care administration,philosophy of public health,psychology and anatomy.the program will last 48months with a minimum of 120 semester unit.And upon completion of this program I will be coming back to do a one year compulsory nys after which I will apply to take up a job at the federal ministry of health as an environmental health practitioner.

14, WHAT THE CAUSE OF YOUR LAST DENIAL.
ME;I was placed on Ap and was given a white paper stated an electronic verified statement but unfortunately I lost my grandpa who wasmy sponsor at the moment,so I couldn’t send the documents because his demise is a big loss to my family and I checked my status after one month and my visa has been denied.

15, WHY US;there are few schools in Nigeria that offers public health at the undergraduate level,moreover,tertiary education in the us is top notch,I believe the us is the best place to get the best education in science and technology and I need the best possible education for my undergraduate degree and after study plan.

16, WHY IS UR UNCLE SPONSORING YOU.
Me; he is the next Inline after my grandpa,he as been supportive since my high school and has always been a driving force for me to always advance in life and career.

17, WHAT IS ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH?
Me;it is a branch of public health protection that concentrate with all aspects of the natural and build environment that may affect human health.it is a very diverse field where professionals perform a variety of tasks such as research,investigations,outreach and education,environmental cleanups and more.

18, WHAT IS PUBLIC HEALTH?
Me; it is the science and art of preventing disease,prolonging life and improving the quality of life through organized efforts and informed choices of society,organizations,communities and individuals.

ANY CORRECTIONS,ADDITIONS AND SUBTRACTION IS WELCOME...
THANKS IN ANTICIPATION.
REVIEW!REVIEW!!REVIEW!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Favour1998: 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hello guys, please does it mean having a sponsor in the US is the reason why one's Visa is denied ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
Favour1998:
Hello guys, please does it mean having a sponsor in the US is the reason why one's Visa is denied ??
it’s possible for your sponsor to be in US
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidkking(m): 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
Prosnelson:

43 million
Please I just need a way out
Thats more than half the money in the account my gee... you didn't even specify while he'll make such commitment to you, doesn't he have kids of his own?

That being said, you specify the need to get a scholarship later own just confirmed what the VO was thinking (your uncle won't be able to cope with the cost).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidkking(m): 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2021
Prosnelson:

Please I need a way out the 59 thousand USD is everything
About changing his name to my any way na way
And when you say changing his name do you mean he's willing to go that far for you in court and make it his legal name or the statement you took is fake and can be made to portray anything you want? I'd like to think the latter isn't the case as you'd be playing with a 10 year visa ban.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheGreenlight: 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
Is it advisable to choose a date after your school’s resumption date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temmyt07: 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
TWoods:

2 things:

Do you already have a bachelors degree? If yes, that would have been a flag.

Why is your dad only contributing a small fraction of your sponsorship?

Noo i dont have a degree yet but i have a diploma in medical laboratory technician which i did for 3yrs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidkking(m): 2:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
TheGreenlight:
Hmm. If its wasn't a problem do you think there'd be a need to request for an emergency date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 2:39pm On Jun 22, 2021
TheGreenlight:
if it’s within 2 weeks after your schools resumption. You shouldn’t have any problems, just notify your school to give you an extension letter.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walmadamori: 2:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

Please, how do one apply for the emergency date interview? My cousin's interview date is on January 2024 while his school is starting session by September.

He should select emergency on the left hand side and apply for it by uploading his i-20, SEVIS receipt and admission letter and also write a brief explanation on why he needs the emergency appointment.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muleriders: 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2021
Prosnelson:

Please I need a way out the 59 thousand USD is everything
About changing his name to my any way na way

The only legit way out is too look for another decent cheaper school that is affordable for you and your sponsor. Target rural state owned Universities
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2021
NigPatriot:

Sorry for your denial.
Past transcripts have shown people can mention uncle for such deficits and still be considered for visa.
The VO in your case most probably didn't enough patience. That's it's advicable to always shed more light. Just saying "your uncle" is vague and non convincing. One word replies at such scenario isn't going to cut.
Hello NigPatriot, I have a question about my visa application and i wanted to know if it is possible to dm you. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muleriders: 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2021
Aishat89:
Good morning everyone in the house, I want to know if a personal domiciliary account can be tendered for self proof of fund or only they only approve a naira account for POF

It can be tendered. As long as it covers twice the estimated fees in your I20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Easydgre8: 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2021
walepepe21:

Sorry about your denial today dear brother. It is not your lack experience at all that got you denied rather than what you uttered/told the VO and what you filled inside your DS-160 that made up the decision you got today. More than 70% of fresh graduate like you are even attending embassy this Fall 21 mostly than those that have graduated like 3 years etc.

I actually do not know how you filled your DS-160 as that will depict your profile clearly to the VO but I saw that you have a weak responses like when the VO asked you that why did you chose LSU. As for me I would have expect you to start with this statement that ‘’Coupled with the fact that you are awarded a $12,000 scholarship which you are grateful for OR In addition to the fact that you got a scholarship of $12,000 you will also be working with prof XYZ who’s keen on having me in his research team…….’’

VO know actually know most people consider a part is because of funding which is the first thing that is utmost for any student before you consider your yearnings and aspirations which is research you will be doing(if you’re passionate though) and you add other things that will made up having a great learning outcome after the degree like your engagement in that particular research etc.

However, don’t give up at all as this is not the best time to do so as all you need is to be encouraged and book another interview after you’ve introspectively work on your weak responses/points. I will also advice you to have work on why you chose LSU as that question is constant K. First of all talk about funding , secondly talk about the research you will be doing and thirdly talk about your engagement in that lab and finally talk about the uniqueness of your school like my school is an R-1/R-2 etc.

Finally , I pray you get it in your next attempt please don’t let the decision you got today weigh you down as it’s hard I understand but all you need to do is to go back to the drawing board and work on those things others and I told you here.

Thank you and God bless you

Thanks man. I really appreciate your feedback. I'll work on those points.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abbeYhart(m): 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
I discussed about this some few days ago. You can check my previous comment. Someone had a similar issue so let me advice you on what he did. The outcome was positive. Send an email to the school. Explain to them you were refused a visa due to this error.
They will correct the student funding part on your I20 to family funds and send you a new I20. Then go ahead to reapply but make sure you do not change any information you filled previously on your DS160 so it does not appear you are trying to beat the system. With this, you can easily explain to the VO in your next interview what you assume was the reason you were denied the last time.

KCVLB:
Good day all,
Great Job what you guys are doing.

Quick one, i applied for a F1 visa, sadly i was denied few days ago, before my interview date, i noticed my school made a mistake in my i20, by putting "personal funds" instead of family funds,as my source of funding. The interview was going well, until i was asked how am i going to pay for my trip, and i said my dad, immediately she typed for some seconds and handed me the blue slip.

Now, i have been working as a banker for about 3 years, i have saved some funds, and my bank statement shows a tranx count of about 30mill in about 1year, although closing bal is about 2m now.

Should i fill a new ds160 and maintain the personal funds and maybe i can expalin to the VO that i will he funding the trip then my dad can help out id need be? Or i should mail my school asking them to change my i20?

Please guys your inputs are appreciated.

Profile background:
Bsc Economics
Graduated 2015, (2.1)
GRE 300
TOEFL 98
3 years work experience
Intended coursw of study: information systems.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2021
Muleriders:

The only legit way out is too look for another decent cheaper school that is affordable for you and your sponsor. Target rural state owned Universities
Thank you very much, but what if I look for an immediate family member with the same surname may be getting a loan approval letter from bank will that be okay?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2021
KCVLB:
Good day all,
Great Job what you guys are doing.

Quick one, i applied for a F1 visa, sadly i was denied few days ago, before my interview date, i noticed my school made a mistake in my i20, by putting "personal funds" instead of family funds,as my source of funding. The interview was going well, until i was asked how am i going to pay for my trip, and i said my dad, immediately she typed for some seconds and handed me the blue slip.

Now, i have been working as a banker for about 3 years, i have saved some funds, and my bank statement shows a tranx count of about 30mill in about 1year, although closing bal is about 2m now.

Should i fill a new ds160 and maintain the personal funds and maybe i can expalin to the VO that i will he funding the trip then my dad can help out id need be? Or i should mail my school asking them to change my i20?

Please guys your inputs are appreciated.

Profile background:
Bsc Economics
Graduated 2015, (2.1)
GRE 300
TOEFL 98
3 years work experience
Intended coursw of study: information systems.
my I-20 also had personal funds along with many people I know what had their visas approved. Personal funds just means money that’s coming from your end (weather family or your money), then assistantship/scholarship is money they’re giving you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
Temmyt07:

Noo i dont have a degree yet but i have a diploma in medical laboratory technician which i did for 3yrs

Probably best to change your school to one that has offers a major in Laboratory science instead of general studies.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2021
Bidex2016:
PLEASE HELP REVIEW MY PROPOSED TRANSCRIPT

2, How did you get to know about the school of your choice?
ME:I did an extensive research on schools that offers my course of study at the undergraduate level,had a cost of tuition inline with my family budget using educational website like Princeton review.com,usnews.com and google.com health practitioner.

14, WHAT THE CAUSE OF YOUR LAST DENIAL.
ME;I was placed on Ap and was given a white paper stated an electronic verified statement but unfortunately I lost my grandpa who wasmy sponsor at the moment,so I couldn’t send the documents because his demise is a big loss to my family and I checked my status after one month and my visa has been denied.

15, WHY US;there are few schools in Nigeria that offers public health at the undergraduate level,moreover,tertiary education in the us is top notch,I believe the us is the best place to get the best education in science and technology and I need the best possible education for my undergraduate degree and after study plan.

ANY CORRECTIONS,ADDITIONS AND SUBTRACTION IS WELCOME...
THANKS IN ANTICIPATION.
I think VOs are tired of hearing that I did extensive research online sumtin...say it in a completely different way while u pass d same message.

A follow up on question 15 so why not Europe where u can get a quality comparable to US at a cheaper cost...teasing..not sure ull be asked this

I like that u are prepared for all sort of question but I think u should prepare more for d kind of questions people have shared based on their visit to d embassy. Were u asked this kind of questions at ur first interview? My guess is you might be asked similar questions to test for consistency in your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temmyt07: 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
TWoods:

Probably best to change your school to one that has offers a major in Laboratory science instead of general studies.

Tank u so much buh op i won't have problem changing school wen i go for my nxt interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NoFap123: 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hi kings63, Greatajo, Dongatzby

I figured you have been trying to send me a PM. Please note that the transcript is not for me but for someone in a group I belong to.

The person is not open to questions.

Thank you
Cc godguy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatajo(m): 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
It's alright. I also got admission to the university but waiting for my emergency request to be granted. Thank you.
We go connect when we get to louisville �
NoFap123:
Hi kings63, Greatajo, Dongatzby

I figured you have been trying to send me a PM. Please note that the transcript is not for me but for someone in a group I belong to.

Thank you
Cc godguy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sslooss: 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2021
iykelight:
Please is there anyone going to southern illinois university Edwardsville this fall?

I am, sent you a pm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 5:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
iykelight:
Please is there anyone going to southern illinois university Edwardsville this fall?

Check your pm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by heyzedd(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2021
Pls if you know any Nigeria Student going for their undergraduate/postgraduate/Masters/PhD abroad by July/August.. Pls I will be very happy If you/they contact me through this mail azeeztijani3@gmail.com .. I really need to make an enquiry/question from them..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by heyzedd(m): 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
Pls if you know any Nigeria Student going for their undergraduate/postgraduate/Masters/PhD abroad by July/August.. Pls I will be very happy If you/they contact me through this mail azeeztijani3@gmail.com .. I really need to make an enquiry/question from them..

Thank you
Cc godguy[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
LeviAckerman:

Hello NigPatriot, I have a question about my visa application and i wanted to know if it is possible to dm you. Thanks

Okay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.