Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642556 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 23, 2021
EkemNgo:
Please explain the second paragraph

You can decide to leave your DS160 with Lagos as location while you interview at Abuja. The location on the DS160 form does not matter.

EkemNgo:
If you have utilized all your chances for requesting emergency date and yet the dates you got are far from your resumption date what else can you do?
Like your resumption is july and the emergency date is October and you can't request again. What other option is left?

In this case, you'd have to be vigilant, while hoping for closer dates to be opened before your resumption. Ensure you account doesn't get frozen in the process.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 7:44am On Jun 23, 2021
Martinogie9:
My Visa Interview
Date: 16/06/21
Venue: Abuja Embassy
Course: M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering
School: Texas Tech University
Funding: $8,356
Deficit: $25,156
GRE: nil
TOEFL/IELTS: nil
Number of attempts: 1st and only

On that very day Abuja embassy was calm, cool and full of white papers grin

VO: Pass me your passport, I-20 and DS160 confirmation
Me: Passes my documents
VO: I can see you are going to Texas Tech University
Me: yes, I' m going to TTU to study for my Master of Science degree in Petroleum Engineering
VO: How long have you been working?
Me: Over 5 years now
VO: looks at me surprisingly
Me: Yes I started working since (mentions the exact date on my DS160)
VO: Oh I see. Where do you work?
Me: I work at Bleep Oil and Gas Services Limited as a Petroleum Production Optimization Engineer. Bleep company is an oil servicing firm that is involved in drilling, production optimization, well completion and reservoir engineering services for the upstream sector and my duties include; I design tubing head, buttom hole and wellbore equipment for artificial lift solutions, I also ...( VO cuts in)
VO: I can see you have some funding. Who will pay the deficit?
Me: My stepfather. Mr. Bleep, he is a businessman in the oil and gas industry. He has 3 filling stations that sells PMS. He is also a real estate developer, he buys land, develops it and sells to people. He also has two hotels that generates income for him.
VO: how many rooms does the hotels have?
Me: 45 rooms each with a total of 60 staffs
VO: what did you study as an undergraduate?
Me: Petroleum Engineering
VO: Alright make sure you observe covid-19 guidelines and do all bla bla bla ....... hands me white paper, my I20 and DS160 confirmation. This paper will tell you how you'll pick your passport in 2-5 business days.

I really prepared hard but all the "why this course"? "Why this school" ? and e.t.c ..... never came up. Please in whatever you do make sure you know what you filled in your DS160 form and fill that form by yourself. Also never you memorize answers. The interview can come in any form. Just be prepared and pray to Jehovah the most high that ruleth in the affairs of men. It was all by his grace.

Today 22/06/21, I received my passport with my visa on it.

Thank you nairalanders for all you did. Special respect to my friend PotentialNurse...God bless you real good for all your support. See you at TTU.

Hearty Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ehizy007: 7:55am On Jun 23, 2021
TAKE YOUR ADS ELSEWHERE. DO BETTER!!!
heyzedd:
Am new here.. Can you pls enlighten me more on how to do this..

Never meant to spam or do anytin annoying

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 23, 2021
heyzedd:
Am new here.. Can you pls enlighten me more on how to do this..

Never meant to spam or do anytin annoying

it’s not a matter of being new stop posting your ad to every person… this is a visa thread even if you posted once that’s okay not that you will quote everyone and post it
You can get banned from here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 8:02am On Jun 23, 2021
Admin please block @heyzedd. This is annoying
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 23, 2021
heyzedd:
Please is there a better way I can I can do that and I won't be banned coz of the report against me already

open your own thread in the health section this is travel visa section
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by osadestiny: 8:34am On Jun 23, 2021
Proposed interview transcripts

VO: pass me your documents
Me: here they are
VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: I am going to the US for my bachelor’s degree in chemistry and I will be concentrating on biochemistry at Missouri State University.
VO: how did you hear about this school?
Me: during when I was on my missionary program I learnt about this school through one of my missionary colleagues.
VO: how many schools did you applied to and how many admits?
Me: three schools and two admits
VO: name them
Me: Idaho state university, Missouri state university and Bowling green state university. ISU and Missouri state university gave me admission and I am still waiting for BGSU.
VO: why did you choose Missouri state university?
Me: Apart from the fact that this school gave me a scholarship, I chose Missouri state university because it is the school that fits my study interest and I came to find out upon my research that it offers my course in a large varieties.
VO: so what will this degree do for you?
Me: I know that upon completion of this degree I will be able to pursue a career in becoming a biomedical scientist someday. I have always been passionate and interested about the well-being of our plants, animals and micro organisms. I know that a knowledge in this field is going to help me make a lot of positive changes in the society and I will be able to carry out biological and laboratory test on tissue fluids so that clinicians over here can be able to diagnose and treat diseases in plants and animals.
VO: who is sponsoring your education?
Me: I was given a partial scholarship from the school and my parents has always been sponsoring my activities, they sponsored me during my missionary program and they will be paying for my education.
VO: what does your parents do?
Me: for my dad, he works in a micro-finance bank alongside he has an automobile business which he deals on used Nigeria vehicles. And for my mom, she is a pharmacist.
VO: have you traveled outside Nigeria before?
Me: yes I have. I was in Kenya, Congo and Ghana during my missionary service.

Please help me check my proposed transcript, my interview is on Monday at abuja embassy. God bless you all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidkking(m): 8:34am On Jun 23, 2021
heyzedd:
Please is there a better way I can I can do that and I won't be banned coz of the report against me already

Start your own fucking thread.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by izik4newton: 8:35am On Jun 23, 2021
Hello house, please does the VO request for SOA of the sponsor during the interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidkking(m): 8:41am On Jun 23, 2021
osadestiny:
Proposed interview transcripts

VO: pass me your documents
Me: here they are
VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: I am going to the US for my bachelor’s degree in chemistry and I will be concentrating on biochemistry at Missouri State University.
VO: how did you hear about this school?
Me: during when I was on my missionary program I learnt about this school through one of my missionary colleagues.
VO: how many schools did you applied to and how many admits?
Me: three schools and two admits
VO: name them
Me: Idaho state university, Missouri state university and Bowling green state university. ISU and Missouri state university gave me admission and I am still waiting for BGSU.
VO: why did you choose Missouri state university?
Me: Apart from the fact that this school gave me a scholarship, I chose Missouri state university because it is the school that fits my study interest and I came to find out upon my research that it offers my course in a large varieties.
VO: so what will this degree do for you?
Me: I know that upon completion of this degree I will be able to pursue a career in becoming a biomedical scientist someday. I have always been passionate and interested about the well-being of our plants, animals and micro organisms. I know that a knowledge in this field is going to help me make a lot of positive changes in the society and I will be able to carry out biological and laboratory test on tissue fluids so that clinicians over here can be able to diagnose and treat diseases in plants and animals.
VO: who is sponsoring your education?
Me: I was given a partial scholarship from the school and my parents has always been sponsoring my activities, they sponsored me during my missionary program and they will be paying for my education.
VO: what does your parents do?
Me: for my dad, he works in a micro-finance bank alongside he has an automobile business which he deals on used Nigeria vehicles. And for my mom, she is a pharmacist.
VO: have you traveled outside Nigeria before?
Me: yes I have. I was in Kenya, Congo and Ghana during my missionary service.

Please help me check my proposed transcript, my interview is on Monday at abuja embassy. God bless you all.
Great school. Try to speak more about how the degree and knowledge would benefit you in Nigeria so they know you have plans of coming back.
Also be more specific about what you'd do with the degree and let me know if you need any help (not money) if you eventually make it to Springfield. Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidkking(m): 8:42am On Jun 23, 2021
izik4newton:
Hello house, please does the VO request for SOA of the sponsor during the interview?
Yes so you better take it with you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayofag(m): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2021
Malone122:
stop this spamming please ffs
Cc justwise

Don't mind him. Even Medicaid (Fed Govt Approved) does pcr covid test for 39500 and you're here disturbing us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Phaithy: 9:22am On Jun 23, 2021
I’m new here.

I just want to say this is a good and helpful forum.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by marcojnr: 9:26am On Jun 23, 2021
EkemNgo:
If you have utilized all your chances for requesting emergency date and yet the dates you got are far from your resumption date what else can you do?
Like your resumption is july and the emergency date is October and you can't request again. What other option is left?

You may have to pay another MRV fee from my experience.It’s one emergency application per MRV fee paid
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by joesa: 9:50am On Jun 23, 2021
tplink:
Good morning to you all... Planning to apply for spring 2022 in Seton hall university. I graduated with cgpa 3.4 and my total GRE score is 335, TOEFL 104.

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for Seton hall University?

What are the possibilities of getting funding in Seton hall University?

Please send me your GRE preparation materials
philipkunle34@gmail.com

I also need some advice from you. If you don't mind, my number is 07011675408
Or you can send me your number to my email.
Thanks so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by osadestiny: 10:18am On Jun 23, 2021
Davidkking:

Great school. Try to speak more about how the degree and knowledge would benefit you in Nigeria so they know you have plans of coming back.
Also be more specific about what you'd do with the degree and let me know if you need any help (not money) if you eventually make it to Springfield. Goodluck.

Thank you very much sir, I really appreciate. I am praying for the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 10:42am On Jun 23, 2021
Hello, please where is Medicaid located?
ayofag:

Don't mind him. Even Medicaid (Fed Govt Approved) does pcr covid test for 39500 and you're here disturbing us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.