Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645059 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by olaife123: 4:59pm On Jun 28, 2021
I currently work there.
TWoods:

It doesn’t appear that you have a current job. Also you’re intending to join your fathers’ business based on planned expansion, which may or may not happen. I think that’s your weak point.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Owenuneed: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2021
Congratulations on your visa approval Boss.

Pls how were you able to apply for an emergency appointment within a month of being previously denied

osadestiny:
I want to say I am really glad and i don’t know how to express my joy. Because what God can not do does not exist. God has helped me and I am really thankful to Akeem Ajao, for always encouraging me and being by my side. I am indeed grateful for my fairheart. For all of the advice he has given me, I was not worried again after receiving all of this advices and counsels. Now I know even if we had made mistakes in the past, there is still a way to correct this mistakes, we should never be frustrated or try to give up because of this. I know I already shared my transcripts on my first, second and third interview. I will be sharing the fourth one today. The VO that interviewed me in Abuja today was the same VO that interviewed me during my 3rd attempt. Just a month ago after I was denied. Visa approved
Visa approved Abuja embassy 28th June 2021. Fourth attempt.

VO: pass me your documents, he was kind of typing in his system. He said sorry hold on.
Me: with boldness I was not really smiling at all. I said here is my documents. There is no problem you can continue doing what you are doing.
VO: checked my passport, so he said what did you went to do in the Democratic republic of Congo.
Me: I went to the DRC for a missionary service, which I did for my church for two years. This service is required for every male member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint from the age of 18-25. Because of this service I was able to go to Kenya, Ghana and Togo. I then handle over my missionary photos and my missionary certificate for prove of the service.
VO: don’t worry I believe you. With a smile. So I see you are going to Missouri.
Me: yes I will be going to Missouri state university for my bachelor’s degree in chemistry and I am going to be concentrating on biochemistry.
VO: he checked his system and then he said how come so soon you reapplied again and how did you got this date seeing that there are no available dates?
Me: I found out that I don’t need to give up on my dreams, so after being denied on that last day. I went straight forward to purchase another mrv fee and then started my application again. So I had to request for emergency appointment. Because I came to find out that student going for f1 visas are been granted emergency request. So I had to do mine and I was given this date.
VO: nodded his head and then he said that’s fine. I see you have a scholarship of $5,000 how are you going to be paying the remaining fees.
Me: my parents have always been sponsoring my activities and they were the one who sponsored my missionary program and they will be paying for my education.
VO: okay what do they do?
Me: for my dad he works in a micro finance bank and he also has an automobile business in my home city whereby he deals on used Nigeria vehicles and my mom she is a pharmacist.
VO: okay so what will you do with this degree?
Me: first of all after the completion of this degree with the amount of knowledge I am going to acquire in this field. I will be able to pursue a career someday in becoming a biomedical scientist. Because i love to know how our plants and animals can resist diseases, droughts and other afflictions. I will then be able to carried out biological and laboratory test on tissue fluids so that clinicians can be able to diagnose and treat diseases in plants and animals.
VO: he kept on typing and typing for like 1 minute. He added my passport to the others and said I will be keeping your passport and I will be returning this i-20 to you, you need this at the point of entry. He thé gave me the white paper.
Me: I was like really surprise and I said thank you sir. God bless you.
VO: don’t worry you are good to go, just prepare your travel and always maintain COVID19 guidelines to always stay safe.

I left and I was really happy and was kind of confuse because it looked like a dream to me. I am really thankful to God and I can’t really express my joy.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by olaife123: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2021
I currently work there. I appreciate your input. Its making me see more reasons, Although I mentioned it to her, but it was rushed and not well explained.
TWoods:

It doesn’t appear that you have a current job. Also you’re intending to join your fathers’ business based on planned expansion, which may or may not happen. I think that’s your weak point.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by megbaba: 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2021
Thanks for your quick response. I will fill a new D's 160 and update it on visa application profile update. This information really helped a lot. I intend going for appointment by October just with the new i20 and and the admission letter without making a change to the old Ds160 before but with this information I will make Swift compliance to what u have pointed my attention to. Am happy this kind of platform exist. I will equally share my testimony if am granted visa at the end of the day. I appreciate you all. And I will also be learning from the transcripts of persons who have cross through this process.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
olaife123:
I currently work there. I appreciate your input. Its making me see more reasons, Although I mentioned it to her, but it was rushed and not well explained.

There you go. I would explain that you work there, what your role is and likely that the plan is to prep you to taking over the business at some point.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dupsiiee(f): 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2021
Malone122:
no

Yes we do. There's 2nd, 6th and 7th opened now. very limited slots for Abuja. Quickly go and reschedule or book
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dupsiiee(f): 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2021
Themaths:
Guys, for Abuja emergency date, I just got July 2nd now with various times from 7-10:30AM. Quickly check to book. Goodluck

Same for me. I saw 2nd, 6th and 7th open.
There's 2nd, 6th and 7th opened now. very limited slots for Abuja. Quickly go and reschedule or book
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Owenuneed: 5:37pm On Jun 28, 2021
For regular or emergency?

dupsiiee:

Same for me. I saw 2nd, 6th and 7th open.
There's 2nd, 6th and 7th opened now. very limited slots for Abuja. Quickly go and reschedule or book
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm new with this visa thing. I need help. I graduated in 2011, second class upper 4.20( public relations and advertising) and Ive been finding it difficult getting a job. I'm married with three kids, 8, 5 and 2. Im really looking for a path that can help us travel to the US. I'm tired and feeling frustrated. I recent started thinking of doing my masters in the US. A cousin of mine just got admitted. Can anyone pls help me with the step by step instructions as to how to go about this? Pls help!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chiezzh: 6:00pm On Jun 28, 2021
My Emergency request got approved in 3 hours ! These are the available dates

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by didogzy: 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2021
dupsiiee:

Yes we do. There's 2nd, 6th and 7th opened now. very limited slots for Abuja. Quickly go and reschedule or book
Please ooo, my reschedule appointment page is currently showing no available date for Abuja and it has been like that for weeks. What do you suggest I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by olaife123: 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2021
Allright, Thank you
TWoods:

There you go. I would explain that you work there, what your role is and likely that the plan is to prep you to taking over the business at some point.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2021
bukhety:
Hi everyone, I'm new with this visa thing. I need help. I graduated in 2011, second class upper 4.20( public relations and advertising) and Ive been finding it difficult getting a job. I'm married with three kids, 8, 5 and 2. Im really looking for a path that can help us travel to the US. I'm tired and feeling frustrated. I recent started thinking of doing my masters in the US. A cousin of mine just got admitted. Can anyone pls help me with the step by step instructions as to how to go about this? Pls help!

Go through the thread starting from page 1. Before you get to page 100, you'll have almost all basic knowledge you need. Start from there, when you have more questions post them here, you'll get answers.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
How is the ministry going?
Good luck in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tshendy(m): 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2021
Good evening everybody,

My wife F2 visa was denied today at US consulate in lagos. The following was what transpired between her and the VO.

VO: Good morning and pass your document

Wife: Good morning sir (she passed the document)

VO: I can see you are going to join your husband at the university of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.

Wife: Yes sir

VO: when did he leave the country

Wife: he will be leaving on the 1st of august, 2021 as his program starts by august 11

VO: So your business is tommyshendy. Tell me about it

Wife: yes sir. Itbis a registered fashion business that deals with production and sales of different types of female clothes. We also train people on clothes making.

VO: How come your husband never talked about this

Wife: He didnt talk about it because the business in mine and there is no where is the DS-160 form where one is required to fill spouse occupation. He was not also asked during his interview

VO: So why didn't you apply together

Wife: I initially planned to join him at the later time after he would have gone but after thinking about the benefit of going with him, we both agreed to go together. We feel going together will give emotional stability to concentrate on his studies, it will reduce the number of time he might want to be spending on phone with me been his wife and thereby giving him more time for his research. Going with him will also reduce his expenses and that he will also enable us to focus on our marriage been a young marriage

VO: how do you think it will reduce his expenses

Wife: I believe he won't have to pay for his accommodation in the US and be paying for mine in Nigeria. Cooking a single meal that we will eat together will also reduce expenses on groceries.

VO: What is your husband plan after his studies

Wife: His plan is to cone back to Nigeria to take up a lecturing role at Babcock university where he currently work

VO: when did you get married

Wife: March 28th, 2020.

VO: I am sorry, you do not qualify for a VISA this time around.

Please we don't know what went wrong. She is planning to reapply. Please any advice for us will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Offspringofdave: 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2021
Contact me daniellareece4@ gmail.com
Bidex2016:
Denial Transcript
Age;23
Course;ph with concentration in environmental health
Deficit;46,624usd
School;etsu

1.You are going to etsu for what?for my bachelor’s degree in ph with concentration in environmental health.

2.why this y this course?
Me; I work voluntary for national emergency and management agency,during one of our projects I was able to witness at first hand the problem of high burden of Public health disease like malaria,tuberculosis,hiv/aids etc due to poor policies and inadequate allocation of resources to combat and control this disease.my studies in public health will enable me acquire the knowledge and skills to join hands with the federal ministry of health and other public health non profit organizations to bring possible solutions to the high prevalence rate of public health disease in Nigeria.

3.who is sponsoring you? My uncle mr*******,he is a real estate consultant,he develops she cuts in and said

4.why this school?i choose etsu because the school public health college is one of the top leading schools in the us and it offers a concentration in public health which perfectly match my area of interest and this concentration will enhance my competencies in understanding the impact of environmental variables on biological systems.especially chronic and endemic infectious disease in Nigeria..

As am talking she’s just nodding and she hands me the blue paper I don’t know why!

Those securities said when next am coming I should where a decent cloth that covered my body,they said they denied me cause of what I wear??

And again on my ds160 there is a particular place that state did I belonged or worked for any charity organization I picked no(I don’t know maybe that’s the problem)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denuga91: 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
Is anyone going to Illinois State University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lightspeed26: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2021
Has Anyone who applied for emergency appointment in Lagos got any response yet ?I applied last week Friday but still no email response yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2021
If i may ask how do you tell for every school?
TWoods:

The above isn’t true.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Seniorwriter(m): 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2021
chaiks:
you have a cool profile . what course are you going for ?

@chaiks rather than send email requests just kindly reach out to the facebook Id on my profile here for further dealings, enquiries or detailed convo.

Cheers

@Seniorwriter
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2021
NigPatriot:

Go through the thread starting from page 1. Before you get to page 100, you'll have almost all basic knowledge you need. Start from there, when you have more questions post them here, you'll get answers.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vickysunmomi(f): 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2021
Lightspeed26:
Has Anyone who applied for emergency appointment in Lagos got any response yet ?I applied last week Friday but still no email response yet

It is almost 3 weeks now and still no reply yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walmadamori: 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2021
osadestiny:
I want to say I am really glad and i don’t know how to express my joy. Because what God can not do does not exist. God has helped me and I am really thankful to Akeem Ajao, for always encouraging me and being by my side. I am indeed grateful for my fairheart. For all of the advice he has given me, I was not worried again after receiving all of this advices and counsels. Now I know even if we had made mistakes in the past, there is still a way to correct this mistakes, we should never be frustrated or try to give up because of this. I know I already shared my transcripts on my first, second and third interview. I will be sharing the fourth one today. The VO that interviewed me in Abuja today was the same VO that interviewed me during my 3rd attempt. Just a month ago after I was denied. Visa approved

VO: pass me your documents, he was kind of typing in his system. He said sorry hold on.
Me: with boldness I was not really smiling at all. I said here is my documents. There is no problem you can continue doing what you are doing.
VO: checked my passport, so he said what did you went to do in the Democratic republic of Congo.
Me: I went to the DRC for a missionary service, which I did for my church for two years. This service is required for every male member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint from the age of 18-25. Because of this service I was able to go to Kenya, Ghana and Togo. I then handle over my missionary photos and my missionary certificate for prove of the service.
VO: don’t worry I believe you. With a smile. So I see you are going to Missouri.
Me: yes I will be going to Missouri state university for my bachelor’s degree in chemistry and I am going to be concentrating on biochemistry.
VO: he checked his system and then he said how come so soon you reapplied again and how did you got this date seeing that there are no available dates?
Me: I found out that I don’t need to give up on my dreams, so after being denied on that last day. I went straight forward to purchase another mrv fee and then started my application again. So I had to request for emergency appointment. Because I came to find out that student going for f1 visas are been granted emergency request. So I had to do mine and I was given this date.
VO: nodded his head and then he said that’s fine. I see you have a scholarship of $5,000 how are you going to be paying the remaining fees.
Me: my parents have always been sponsoring my activities and they were the one who sponsored my missionary program and they will be paying for my education.
Me: for my dad he works in a micro finance bank and he also has an automobile business in my home city whereby he deals on used Nigeria vehicles and my mom she is a pharmacist.
Me: first of all after the completion of this degree with the amount of knowledge I am going to acquire in this field. I will be able to pursue a career someday in becoming a biomedical scientist. Because i love to know how our plants and animals can resist diseases, droughts and other afflictions. I will then be able to carried out biological and laboratory test on tissue fluids so that clinicians can be able to diagnose and treat diseases in plants and animals.
VO: he kept on typing and typing for like 1 minute. He added my passport to the others and said I will be keeping your passport and I will be returning this i-20 to you, you need this at the point of entry. He thé gave me the white paper.
VO: don’t worry you are good to go, just prepare your travel and always maintain COVID19 guidelines to always stay safe.

I left and I was really happy and was kind of confuse because it looked like a dream to me. I am really thankful to God and I can’t really express my joy.

Congratulations, may God do ours too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2021
Literally this was a smooth interview but these VO’s are psychologists.

First, why did you apply alone? Why didn’t you think of these your wife mentioned initially?
Secondly, the amount on her i-20 is it enough for 2?
Thirdly, why is she applying almost immediately after yours? Because it’s not like you’ve started school and after you guys realized living together would help cost down expenses reasons the VO asked when you left the country.

I will suggest she gives it time before reapplying. Possibly 6months when you’ve left.
Tshendy:
Good evening everybody,

My wife F2 visa was denied today at US consulate in lagos. The following was what transpired between her and the VO.

VO: Good morning and pass your document

Wife: Good morning sir (she passed the document)

VO: I can see you are going to join your husband at the university of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.

Wife: Yes sir

VO: when did he leave the country

Wife: he will be leaving on the 1st of august, 2021 as his program starts by august 11

VO: So your business is tommyshendy. Tell me about it

Wife: yes sir. Itbis a registered fashion business that deals with production and sales of different types of female clothes. We also train people on clothes making.

VO: How come your husband never talked about this

Wife: He didnt talk about it because the business in mine and there is no where is the DS-160 form where one is required to fill spouse occupation. He was not also asked during his interview

VO: So why didn't you apply together

Wife: I initially planned to join him at the later time after he would have gone but after thinking about the benefit of going with him, we both agreed to go together. We feel going together will give emotional stability to concentrate on his studies, it will reduce the number of time he might want to be spending on phone with me been his wife and thereby giving him more time for his research. Going with him will also reduce his expenses and that he will also enable us to focus on our marriage been a young marriage

VO: how do you think it will reduce his expenses

Wife: I believe he won't have to pay for his accommodation in the US and be paying for mine in Nigeria. Cooking a single meal that we will eat together will also reduce expenses on groceries.

VO: What is your husband plan after his studies

Wife: His plan is to cone back to Nigeria to take up a lecturing role at Babcock university where he currently work

VO: when did you get married

Wife: March 28th, 2020.

VO: I am sorry, you do not qualify for a VISA this time around.

Please we don't know what went wrong. She is planning to reapply. Please any advice for us will be appreciated. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by osadestiny: 7:20pm On Jun 28, 2021
lifeofgolden1:

I personally can't contain my joy for you.
God bless and strengthen you brother.
Go forth and shine, brethren!

Thank you so much brother. I’m grateful.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by osadestiny: 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
Owenuneed:
Congratulations on your visa approval Boss.

Pls how were you able to apply for an emergency appointment within a month of being previously denied

I was really surprised it worked for me. I applied through the normal process. After securing a regular appointment stating previously denied. I then applied for an emergency appointment.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walmadamori: 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2021
afeezzezo:
Good day everyone. Please how do i change my interview location to abuja? I picked lagos at first and i have submitted my ds160 form. I’m yet to pick my interview date tho. Please help!

Firstly, fill another Ds160 and choose Abuja as your choice. You don't need to complete it yet but note the Confirmation number and use it in your visa appointment profile page. Next, go back in your visa page to the beginning and choose Abuja. Check for dates and if it's beyond your resumption date book it like that, then apply for emergency interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2021
dupsiiee:

you are talking about emergency request dates or normal dates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by megbaba: 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2021
Yes...but the appointment date may change oo
I think you should leave it oo..if you fill a new one now, the interview date will change, you may not see available dates this year again oo

Just leave it. If you go for the interview you'll explain to them why the date in your i-20 is diff from the date in your ds160.

This was what someone who just got her visa approval told me plse could this be true. Although she did not experience the same thing during her own time. So I think she might not be correct. Plse I refer u to my previous message to get the content of my question. I appreciate u all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2021
Congratulations Bro
osadestiny:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2021
EmmyteeTosin:
If i may ask how do you tell for every school?

Simple - there is no way East Tennessee State is a “top leading school” in terms of public health. Anyone truly interested in top class public health programs would try Johns Hopkins or Harvard. The VOs aren’t stupid.

A glance at the USNews list of US public health programs has ETSU at #82. These are facts that would be valuable to know at your interview.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fredony: 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2021
Please, i would also need this information, if you don't mind

Joshpet5674:
Kindly check your mail. Please i need to ask you some questions about MPower.

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.