Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,771 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1653168 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tega1986: 10:00am On Jun 29, 2021
Do i need a letter from my department stating my scholarship and assistantship while i go to the embassy?

The Assistantship was only stated in my I-20 and no letter was issued. Kindly advise on what to do please.

Thank you gurus in the house...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mikael11(m): 10:21am On Jun 29, 2021
Good morning... I had already scheduled an appointment for November and requested for an emergency appointment in lagos and I haven't gotten any response. About 5 min ago I saw Lagos has a slot for July 6 and I didn't know if to cancel my previous date and reschedule. So I refreshed the page to be sure am seeing the right thing, the date disappeared and the site blocked me from viewing the page today till tomorrow..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dongatzby(m): 10:26am On Jun 29, 2021
Good morning guys,

My sponsor want to give me an additional letter from his company to back his business account that I will be using. Please, I need your help with a draft on how a sponsor letter should look like.

Many thanks �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 10:44am On Jun 29, 2021
mikael11:
Good morning... I had already scheduled an appointment for November and requested for an emergency appointment in lagos and I haven't gotten any response. About 5 min ago I saw Lagos has a slot for July 6 and I didn't know if to cancel my previous date and reschedule. So I refreshed the page to be sure am seeing the right thing, the date disappeared and the site blocked me from viewing the page today till tomorrow..

Next time, when you see a favourable date, quickly select it. Slots are limited especially for Lagos. When you select a new date, it will automatically overwrite your previous appointment. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 10:45am On Jun 29, 2021
Apt..helpful
TWoods:

Simple - there is no way East Tennessee State is a “top leading school” in terms of public health. Anyone truly interested in top class public health programs would try Johns Hopkins or Harvard. The VOs aren’t stupid.

A glance at the USNews list of US public health programs has ETSU at #82. These are facts that would be valuable to know at your interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 11:02am On Jun 29, 2021
As in, some people can be really funny. Since they didn't apply together earlier, couldn't they have just waited till he is in US first? I don't think any right thinking VO would have approved her F2 visa.

solastar2:
I believe the VO asked you about your family and you promise they will join you later. Only for them to show up at the embassy before you even travel.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tshendy(m): 11:02am On Jun 29, 2021
solastar2:
I believe the VO asked you about your family and you promise they will join you later. Only for them to show up at the embassy before you even travel.

The VO didn't ask me anything about my family. Below is my own transcript

VISA APPROVED
2ND June, 2021. 11:30am

Undergraduate Course: Chemical Engineering, OAU

School: The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa

Course: PhD chemical engineering

Funding: $50k
COA: $48.5k

V.O: Good Morning

Me: Good morning sir

V.O: How are you?

Me: I am fine thank you and you?

V.O: Good, please pass me your passport and I-20 ( I passed it)

V.O: (typing for a while) You are going to the university of Alabama for a PhD degree in chemical engineering

Me: Yes sir

V.O: (After checking my I-20) have you paid your SEVIS

Me: Yes sir.

V.O: How did you hear about the school

Me: I saw a publication on LinkedIn by Dr xxxx, an associated professor of the school. I was fascinated by the research because not only does it align with my interest, it also speak of the quality of researches going on in the lab. So I research about the school on google and got a link to the school website where I check through the department page. I then added the school to the list of the schools I wanted to apply to

V.O: Do you have a background in chemical engineering

Me: Yes sir, my first degree was in chemical engineering from OAU

V.O: what will the degree do for you?

Me: The degree will equip me with the technical, professional and research skill needed for a career in academic because I planned to come back to Nigeria to take up a lecturing role with Babcock University where I currently work. It will also enable me to set up my lab to continue my research which I want to aim at solving clinical, environmental and energy problem in Nigeria

V.O: what do you do at babcock

Me: I worked as a tutor in one of her high school.

V.O: High School?

Me: yes. Babcock university high school. I was deployed there by the university pending the time I will finish my graduate degree and then I will be moved back to teach university students

V.O: What do you teach?

Me: Chemistry and Mathematics

VO: how will you fund your program?

Me: I got a research assistance which covers my tuition and provide a monthly stipend for my other expenses.

V.O: How did you get your funding

Me: After reading Dr xxxx publication on LinkedIn, I sent an email to him that I will like to join his research group. I then asked me to submit official application which I did. I submitted online form, paid app fee of $80, uploaded my SOP, Transcript, CV and recommendations. After that the department schedule an interview with me and after the interview, I was recommended to the graduate school

V.O: what is the interview about

Me: The interview was centered on my background, experience, my motivation for a PhD and Aspiration

V.O: (picked a white paper and circle the pickup address) I will be approving your VISA. I will keep your passport, you will get it when the visa is ready next week. Keep your I-20 very well because you will need it at POE

Me: Thanks so much sir and have a great day

V.O: I wish you all the best

So the man didn't ask anything about my family at all. There is no deficit at all. The funding covers the two of us with about 3k surplus

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tshendy(m): 11:04am On Jun 29, 2021
kastgeraldino:
As in, some people can be really funny. Since they didn't apply together earlier, couldn't they have just waited till he is in US first? I don't think any right thinking VO would have approved her F2 visa.

This is not so good bro. You should understand situation before you pass judgement.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 11:09am On Jun 29, 2021
Sorry if I hurt your feelings. The point is this: back off till you are there for a while. Anything she says now will sound ridiculous to them.

Tshendy:

This is not so good bro. You should understand situation before you pass judgement.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mikael11(m): 11:17am On Jun 29, 2021
Wow!!!.. Thank you so much for the update!

Themaths:

Next time, when you see a favourable date, quickly select it. Slots are limited especially for Lagos. When you select a new date, it will automatically overwrite your previous appointment. Goodluck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Miaanita(f): 11:32am On Jun 29, 2021
Pls can anyone help with walspring number pls. I want to pay SEVIS..

Contacts i got are like three..

Kindly help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 11:33am On Jun 29, 2021
This was really smooth. But why didn’t you go with her then since the funding covered both of you with surplus?

Did you now see why VO thought something isn’t right here and denied her. Like I said before, let her chill for 6months or more and reapply

Tshendy:

The VO didn't ask me anything about my family. Below is my own transcript

VISA APPROVED
2ND June, 2021. 11:30am

Undergraduate Course: Chemical Engineering, OAU

School: The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa

Course: PhD chemical engineering

Funding: $50k
COA: $48.5k

V.O: Good Morning

Me: Good morning sir

V.O: How are you?

Me: I am fine thank you and you?

V.O: Good, please pass me your passport and I-20 ( I passed it)

V.O: (typing for a while) You are going to the university of Alabama for a PhD degree in chemical engineering

Me: Yes sir

V.O: (After checking my I-20) have you paid your SEVIS

Me: Yes sir.

V.O: How did you hear about the school

Me: I saw a publication on LinkedIn by Dr xxxx, an associated professor of the school. I was fascinated by the research because not only does it align with my interest, it also speak of the quality of researches going on in the lab. So I research about the school on google and got a link to the school website where I check through the department page. I then added the school to the list of the schools I wanted to apply to

V.O: Do you have a background in chemical engineering

Me: Yes sir, my first degree was in chemical engineering from OAU

V.O: what will the degree do for you?

Me: The degree will equip me with the technical, professional and research skill needed for a career in academic because I planned to come back to Nigeria to take up a lecturing role with Babcock University where I currently work. It will also enable me to set up my lab to continue my research which I want to aim at solving clinical, environmental and energy problem in Nigeria

V.O: what do you do at babcock

Me: I worked as a tutor in one of her high school.

V.O: High School?

Me: yes. Babcock university high school. I was deployed there by the university pending the time I will finish my graduate degree and then I will be moved back to teach university students

V.O: What do you teach?

Me: Chemistry and Mathematics

VO: how will you fund your program?

Me: I got a research assistance which covers my tuition and provide a monthly stipend for my other expenses.

V.O: How did you get your funding

Me: After reading Dr xxxx publication on LinkedIn, I sent an email to him that I will like to join his research group. I then asked me to submit official application which I did. I submitted online form, paid app fee of $80, uploaded my SOP, Transcript, CV and recommendations. After that the department schedule an interview with me and after the interview, I was recommended to the graduate school

V.O: what is the interview about

Me: The interview was centered on my background, experience, my motivation for a PhD and Aspiration

V.O: (picked a white paper and circle the pickup address) I will be approving your VISA. I will keep your passport, you will get it when the visa is ready next week. Keep your I-20 very well because you will need it at POE

Me: Thanks so much sir and have a great day

V.O: I wish you all the best

So the man didn't ask anything about my family at all. There is no deficit at all. The funding covers the two of us with about 3k surplus
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fredony: 11:34am On Jun 29, 2021
Good morning house. Please anyone with information concerning mpower?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyeyemidesign: 11:38am On Jun 29, 2021
mikael11:
Damn! This can be very painful…. Please next time book when you find a slot cos as it is now Lagos is not responding to emergency appointment I don’t know why
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 11:56am On Jun 29, 2021
Approvalll:
Hello everyone I will be applying very soon to go to the embassy for my MBA I have been denied f1 student visa three times in the past this will be my 4th attempt even though I’ve been to the US about 8 times in the past on a b1/b2 visa and always returned(never stayed more than 6 weeks) I have a good travel history and I also have strong ties to my home country Nigeria as my family own multiple companies comprising of hotels,food and beverage factories and rental properties. I think the mistake was during my first interview I applied for a community college I didn’t know the difference because I’ve never tried to school there before and got wrong information from a bad source and went to the embassy with it also during the first interview i told the consular that my father has a vacation home in the US and there is where I will be staying while going to school and I got rejected but the second and third times I used a proper university with no funding everything was to be fully funded by my father who is a businessman and also a retired civil servant I would like to know if the denial has permanently tarnished my profile and good travel history and would it possible to get the visa this time as I have no funding everything is still being fully funded by my father was it a trump administration thing to limit foreign students please I need advice on what to do because I’m seriously considering giving up on this American dream and trying another country should I consider going ahead with it or I should just focus on another country will the previous denials limit my chances of approval? Please guys I need your help and advice should I just forget about it and go to Canada? is it possible to get a visa after multiple rejections I’m so depressed right now also contemplated committing suicide it’s extremely frustrating please I need you guys help and sincere advice please anyone thanks and God bless

If you have this lot of financial backup, I'm gonna conclude you just want united state by all means. Why not go through UK. Go to a UK school and start your yankie hustle from front there... you may be lucky to get in from there... just my 1 satoshi for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dabex171: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2021
am also in your shoes can you update me if your have any infomation?
Flexiblejb:
good day house, i need help. i was denied visa last week and i wanted to reapply for another visa interview but the date available is above my resumption date. what can i do? because my school will resume by August and the date available on USA embassy site is September. please house i need advise embarassed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elvinosuya(m): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheGreenlight: 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2021
Can i pay for a new visa fee and request for an emergency date again on a new ds-160
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2021
You don'tknow what is going on
haywhy17:

If you have this lot of financial backup, I'm gonna conclude you just want united state by all means. Why not go through UK. Go to a UK school and start your yankie hustle from front there... you may be lucky to get in from there... just my 1 satoshi for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 12:39pm On Jun 29, 2021
Date con scarce for abuja like this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by onitj: 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hello guys
If you are waiting for suitable dates in Lagos, kindly contact me

We have a WhatsApp group where we check for updates every hour. You can join the group
Kindly click on this link

https:///Im2aliBzUMwG0BnTTaFdIt
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2021
I'm interested in anyone like this for abuja
onitj:
Hello guys

We have a WhatsApp group where we check for updates every hour

You can send me a personal message

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tessyope: 1:02pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hi, please is anyone having their interviews on the 20th of July.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2021
I applied for emergency date approval yesterday and July 5th came up, didn’t pick because it’s less than 5 days and I’m really behind on my preparations. Now this date is no longer available on the portal. Is there still hope that something will come up or I have missed out on my reschedule chance??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
LeviAckerman:
I applied for emergency date approval yesterday and July 5th came up, didn’t pick because it’s less than 5 days and I’m really behind on my preparations. Now this date is no longer available on the portal. Is there still hope that something will come up or I have missed out on my reschedule chance??
no one knows just keep checking that’s the best advice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dabex171: 1:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
i don dey refresh tattaaa abeg na my whatsapp be this 09078231400 i no mind for update my start date na august 23
EmmyteeTosin:
Date con scarce for abuja like this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olabestonic001(m): 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2021
Miaanita:
Pls can anyone help with walspring number pls. I want to pay SEVIS..

Contacts i got are like three..

Kindly help

Walspring is your go-to person for your SEVIS.

Very reliable and helpful too.

@Walspring; I'll celebrate you soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dabex171: 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2021
is Abuja included won't mind please reply if yes boss
EmmyteeTosin:
I'm interested in anyone like this for abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2021
I'm beginning to think that the guy is just a troll or has serious mental issues. If your family is that wealthy, why even bother what one country does? All the people I know that are that rich don't even bother traveling out cos they can get anything in Naija. There is something wrong with that guy. How can your family be as rich as he described and then he wants to commit suicide because US rejected his visa application?

haywhy17:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ADEX0123: 1:31pm On Jun 29, 2021
hi ,
pls am intrested but am unable to click on the link cos it shows this site cannot be reached.
kindly help....

onitj:
Hello guys

Thanks

Hi, you can join the group

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by onitj: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2021
ADEX0123:
hi ,
pls am intrested but am unable to click on the link cos it shows this site cannot be reached.
kindly help....

Hi,
Please use chrome
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by onitj: 1:40pm On Jun 29, 2021
onitj:
Hello guys

Thanks

Hi, you can join the group

Hi,
I received email but unfortunately, I can no longer access it

Please join via the link highlighted above

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.