Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640139 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shadestar: 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2021
Please,I really need mock interview as much as I can get.....Abeg o

Thank you in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2021
Congratulations
LeoNwa:
This is exactly how my interview happened on 25th June

Visa Approved✅
Emergency appointment
VO: White man

School: Illinois institute of technology

Program: Masters in Advanced Manufacturing, Automation and Control systems

COA: $49888
Funding: $11000

Deficit covered with Mpower Loan and Personal Savings.

I forgot to sign my i20. I have to sign it in front of the VO�

The two persons before me were denied.

VO: Hi, Good morning, how are you?

Me: I'm fine and you?

VO: Cool, pass me the documents.

Me: I gave him only my passport.

VO: (He smiled) I mean pass me those documents you are with.

Me: Oh! I wasn't aware of that, sorry. I then passed my DS160 and i20

VO: I see you are going for Manufacturing Engineering.

Me: No! I'm going for Advanced Manufacturing with a specialization in Automation and Control Systems.

VO: Looked at his computer to confirm what I filled in DS160 and nodded.

VO: What is your highest qualification?

Me: Bachelors of Engineering, I studied Mechanical Engineering, I graduated in the year Bleep.

VO: Looked at his computer again and nodded

VO: What have you been doing since then?

Me: I've been working in the Oil and Gas Industry.

VO: I can see you worked as a Non-- (I didn't allow him to finish, I completed the sentence for him)

Me: Yes! I previously worked as a Non-destructive Testing Engineer

VO: He looked at his computer again and nodded. He now picked up my i20

VO: I see you have a Loan ( I didn't wait for him to finish, I had to complete the sentence for him)

Me: Sure, I secured a fully approved education loan from Mpower Finance. It will be paid directly to my school upon arrival.

VO: How much is the Loan

Me: $35000

VO: Great! He Nodded! Your family will give you $4000

Me: Sure, my aunt Mrs xxxx will be supporting me with $4000, I will also be supplementing it with my personal savings.

VO: He looked at his computer again and confirmed my aunt's name on my DS160, kept on nodding

VO: What does she do?

Me: She is a real estate investor. She buys and sells lands. She also develops them into estates.

VO: I can see you are genuine! (We both smiled). I will be keeping your passport. He gave me a white paper

He was telling me bout COVID 19 restrictions and Port of entry, I didn't hear anyother thing. I kept on saying. Okay!!. When he was done talking, I told him Thank you!, Bye and have a nice day.

VO: you too

No Document was asked

----------------------------------------
Note:

1) Know your DS160 and make sure you filled the DS160 by yourself without error.

2)Know your funding.

3) If possible, get relevant work experience

Be Confident and see this as a discussion not just question and answer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2021
Congratulations I have also been denied 3 times but I know this fourth time I will be approved I tap into your grace the God that did it for you will do it for me in Jesus mighty name Amen
osadestiny:
I want to say I am really glad and i don’t know how to express my joy. Because what God can not do does not exist. God has helped me and I am really thankful to Akeem Ajao, for always encouraging me and being by my side. I am indeed grateful for my fairheart. For all of the advice he has given me, I was not worried again after receiving all of this advices and counsels. Now I know even if we had made mistakes in the past, there is still a way to correct this mistakes, we should never be frustrated or try to give up because of this. I know I already shared my transcripts on my first, second and third interview. I will be sharing the fourth one today. The VO that interviewed me in Abuja today was the same VO that interviewed me during my 3rd attempt. Just a month ago after I was denied. Visa approved
Visa approved Abuja embassy 28th June 2021. Fourth attempt.

VO: pass me your documents, he was kind of typing in his system. He said sorry hold on.
Me: with boldness I was not really smiling at all. I said here is my documents. There is no problem you can continue doing what you are doing.
VO: checked my passport, so he said what did you went to do in the Democratic republic of Congo.
Me: I went to the DRC for a missionary service, which I did for my church for two years. This service is required for every male member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint from the age of 18-25. Because of this service I was able to go to Kenya, Ghana and Togo. I then handle over my missionary photos and my missionary certificate for prove of the service.
VO: don’t worry I believe you. With a smile. So I see you are going to Missouri.
Me: yes I will be going to Missouri state university for my bachelor’s degree in chemistry and I am going to be concentrating on biochemistry.
VO: he checked his system and then he said how come so soon you reapplied again and how did you got this date seeing that there are no available dates?
Me: I found out that I don’t need to give up on my dreams, so after being denied on that last day. I went straight forward to purchase another mrv fee and then started my application again. So I had to request for emergency appointment. Because I came to find out that student going for f1 visas are been granted emergency request. So I had to do mine and I was given this date.
VO: nodded his head and then he said that’s fine. I see you have a scholarship of $5,000 how are you going to be paying the remaining fees.
Me: my parents have always been sponsoring my activities and they were the one who sponsored my missionary program and they will be paying for my education.
VO: okay what do they do?
Me: for my dad he works in a micro finance bank and he also has an automobile business in my home city whereby he deals on used Nigeria vehicles and my mom she is a pharmacist.
VO: okay so what will you do with this degree?
Me: first of all after the completion of this degree with the amount of knowledge I am going to acquire in this field. I will be able to pursue a career someday in becoming a biomedical scientist. Because i love to know how our plants and animals can resist diseases, droughts and other afflictions. I will then be able to carried out biological and laboratory test on tissue fluids so that clinicians can be able to diagnose and treat diseases in plants and animals.
VO: he kept on typing and typing for like 1 minute. He added my passport to the others and said I will be keeping your passport and I will be returning this i-20 to you, you need this at the point of entry. He thé gave me the white paper.
Me: I was like really surprise and I said thank you sir. God bless you.
VO: don’t worry you are good to go, just prepare your travel and always maintain COVID19 guidelines to always stay safe.

I left and I was really happy and was kind of confuse because it looked like a dream to me. I am really thankful to God and I can’t really express my joy.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omonikansoso: 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2021
My start date is 23rd August. My appointment is 11th August. However, I'd want an earlier date in July (to book cheap flight. Cash odikwa tight o). I am not able to reshedule coz I keep seeing on my screen that if i do, I'd have to pay another fee. Is it safe to book an emergency appointment even though seeing that people who book emergency appointments are yet to get a date is scary. PLEASE HELP A SISTER.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2021
Edenman:
Please i need informations on schools with full funding for MSC or PhD in us University in Civil Engineering or construction management

Good! Kindly apply to this schools ;

Harvard University
Cornell University
UPenn University
Stanford University
Dartmouth College
GaTech
Duke University
Yale University

Thank me later.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2021
osadestiny:
I want to say I am really glad and i don’t know how to express my joy. Because what God can not do does not exist. God has helped me and I am really thankful to Akeem Ajao, for always encouraging me and being by my side. I am indeed grateful for my fairheart. For all of the advice he has given me, I was not worried again after receiving all of this advices and counsels. Now I know even if we had made mistakes in the past, there is still a way to correct this mistakes, we should never be frustrated or try to give up because of this. I know I already shared my transcripts on my first, second and third interview. I will be sharing the fourth one today. The VO that interviewed me in Abuja today was the same VO that interviewed me during my 3rd attempt. Just a month ago after I was denied. Visa approved
Visa approved Abuja embassy 28th June 2021. Fourth attempt.

VO: pass me your documents, he was kind of typing in his system. He said sorry hold on.
Me: with boldness I was not really smiling at all. I said here is my documents. There is no problem you can continue doing what you are doing.
VO: checked my passport, so he said what did you went to do in the Democratic republic of Congo.
Me: I went to the DRC for a missionary service, which I did for my church for two years. This service is required for every male member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint from the age of 18-25. Because of this service I was able to go to Kenya, Ghana and Togo. I then handle over my missionary photos and my missionary certificate for prove of the service.
VO: don’t worry I believe you. With a smile. So I see you are going to Missouri.
Me: yes I will be going to Missouri state university for my bachelor’s degree in chemistry and I am going to be concentrating on biochemistry.
VO: he checked his system and then he said how come so soon you reapplied again and how did you got this date seeing that there are no available dates?
Me: I found out that I don’t need to give up on my dreams, so after being denied on that last day. I went straight forward to purchase another mrv fee and then started my application again. So I had to request for emergency appointment. Because I came to find out that student going for f1 visas are been granted emergency request. So I had to do mine and I was given this date.
VO: nodded his head and then he said that’s fine. I see you have a scholarship of $5,000 how are you going to be paying the remaining fees.
Me: my parents have always been sponsoring my activities and they were the one who sponsored my missionary program and they will be paying for my education.
VO: okay what do they do?
Me: for my dad he works in a micro finance bank and he also has an automobile business in my home city whereby he deals on used Nigeria vehicles and my mom she is a pharmacist.
VO: okay so what will you do with this degree?
Me: first of all after the completion of this degree with the amount of knowledge I am going to acquire in this field. I will be able to pursue a career someday in becoming a biomedical scientist. Because i love to know how our plants and animals can resist diseases, droughts and other afflictions. I will then be able to carried out biological and laboratory test on tissue fluids so that clinicians can be able to diagnose and treat diseases in plants and animals.
VO: he kept on typing and typing for like 1 minute. He added my passport to the others and said I will be keeping your passport and I will be returning this i-20 to you, you need this at the point of entry. He thé gave me the white paper.
Me: I was like really surprise and I said thank you sir. God bless you.
VO: don’t worry you are good to go, just prepare your travel and always maintain COVID19 guidelines to always stay safe.

I left and I was really happy and was kind of confuse because it looked like a dream to me. I am really thankful to God and I can’t really express my joy.
Hearty Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omonikansoso: 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hallelujahvoice:

Please can you explain explicitly? Do you mean even though one sees 30/06/2021 as the first available date, it will not be the first available date?

The truth is, you'll not find that date as the first available date
30/06/2021

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by megbaba: 11:09pm On Jun 28, 2021
Sorry for disturbing the house please. I want to ask in lieu of my previous post. Cant I just leave my Visa appointment date which is on the 14th Oct 2021 the way it was and go to the embassy without changing anything with the new i20 and same SEVIS number on old i20 but different date of resumption without changing my previous appointment date and Ds 160. Am sorry for any repetition. Is there any fatal penalty if I just go there. And when that my admission date is long gone can I just explained that my admission was deferred to a fresh date which can still accommodate my Visa appointment date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lightspeed26: 6:05am On Jun 29, 2021
I want to cancel my appointment in Lagos and put in Abuja cos Lagos don’t seem to be responsive with emergency , however , it’s showing I can’t cancel an appointment or else I have to pay another visa fee . Haven’t canceled before and so i am confused . Is this the norm ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 6:47am On Jun 29, 2021
If you haven’t canceled before, you can do that just once. That prompt is generic. I got that too when I wanted to reschedule mine from Lagos to Abuja. But I still went ahead and I didn’t have to pay any MRV fee

Lightspeed26:
I want to cancel my appointment in Lagos and put in Abuja cos Lagos don’t seem to be responsive with emergency , however , it’s showing I can’t cancel an appointment or else I have to pay another visa fee . Haven’t canceled before and so i am confused . Is this the norm ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by somtee747(m): 7:38am On Jun 29, 2021
Good day my people, I was lucky to get a new date of July 2nd yesterday (Abuja)

I have to ask this question. My sponsor's SOA (6months) is quite voluminous so do I still go ahead and print every single page of it or do I Print select pages, maybe the first month and probably the last 2 months or so?

Any advice is appreciated, Thanks

Goodluck to those who their interviews are coming up this week. God go see us through
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by solastar2: 7:40am On Jun 29, 2021
I believe the VO asked you about your family and you promise they will join you later. Only for them to show up at the embassy before you even travel.

Tshendy:
Good evening everybody,

My wife F2 visa was denied today at US consulate in lagos. The following was what transpired between her and the VO.

VO: Good morning and pass your document

Wife: Good morning sir (she passed the document)

VO: I can see you are going to join your husband at the university of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.

Wife: Yes sir

VO: when did he leave the country

Wife: he will be leaving on the 1st of august, 2021 as his program starts by august 11

VO: So your business is tommyshendy. Tell me about it

Wife: yes sir. Itbis a registered fashion business that deals with production and sales of different types of female clothes. We also train people on clothes making.

VO: How come your husband never talked about this

Wife: He didnt talk about it because the business in mine and there is no where is the DS-160 form where one is required to fill spouse occupation. He was not also asked during his interview

VO: So why didn't you apply together

Wife: I initially planned to join him at the later time after he would have gone but after thinking about the benefit of going with him, we both agreed to go together. We feel going together will give emotional stability to concentrate on his studies, it will reduce the number of time he might want to be spending on phone with me been his wife and thereby giving him more time for his research. Going with him will also reduce his expenses and that he will also enable us to focus on our marriage been a young marriage

VO: how do you think it will reduce his expenses

Wife: I believe he won't have to pay for his accommodation in the US and be paying for mine in Nigeria. Cooking a single meal that we will eat together will also reduce expenses on groceries.

VO: What is your husband plan after his studies

Wife: His plan is to cone back to Nigeria to take up a lecturing role at Babcock university where he currently work

VO: when did you get married

Wife: March 28th, 2020.

VO: I am sorry, you do not qualify for a VISA this time around.

Please we don't know what went wrong. She is planning to reapply. Please any advice for us will be appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 7:44am On Jun 29, 2021
Hallelujahvoice:
Please, hotel recommendations in Lagos and Abuja (affordable and close to the Embassy)
7-12k per night
For the sake of those making plans grin

Thank you

Thanks for the recommendations...
Some affordable options in Abuja are:

1. Optima Hotel (Bolt: #500 to Embassy)
2. ABC Transit Inn (Bolt: #1,000 to Embassy)
3. Xcence Guest House (Bolt: #500 to Embassy)
It's close to Ojuelegba (popular restaurant with good and affordable food options)

Please, I'll appreciate same for Lagos so people can make informed decisions on accommodation

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 7:45am On Jun 29, 2021
Good morning fam

Please, hospital recommendations for Covid-19 test in Lagos and Abuja and how much they charge, please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 7:49am On Jun 29, 2021
somtee747:
Good day my people, I was lucky to get a new date of July 2nd yesterday (Abuja)

I have to ask this question. My sponsor's SOA (6months) is quite voluminous so do I still go ahead and print every single page of it or do I Print select pages, maybe the first month and probably the last 2 months or so?

Any advice is appreciated, Thanks

Goodluck to those who their interviews are coming up this week. God go see us through

Congratulations on the date.
Amen to your prayers too grin

I think 3 months will suffice

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojisolani: 7:52am On Jun 29, 2021
Tshendy:
Good evening everybody,

My wife F2 visa was denied today at US consulate in lagos. The following was what transpired between her and the VO.

VO: I can see you are going to join your husband at the university of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.

Wife: he will be leaving on the 1st of august, 2021 as his program starts by august 11

Wife: yes sir. Itbis a registered fashion business that deals with production and sales of different types of female clothes. We also train people on clothes making.

Wife: He didnt talk about it because the business in mine and there is no where is the DS-160 form where one is required to fill spouse occupation. He was not also asked during his interview

Wife: I initially planned to join him at the later time after he would have gone but after thinking about the benefit of going with him, we both agreed to go together. We feel going together will give emotional stability to concentrate on his studies, it will reduce the number of time he might want to be spending on phone with me been his wife and thereby giving him more time for his research. Going with him will also reduce his expenses and that he will also enable us to focus on our marriage been a young marriage

Wife: I believe he won't have to pay for his accommodation in the US and be paying for mine in Nigeria. Cooking a single meal that we will eat together will also reduce expenses on groceries.

Wife: His plan is to cone back to Nigeria to take up a lecturing role at Babcock university where he currently work

Please we don't know what went wrong. She is planning to reapply. Please any advice for us will be appreciated. Thanks

Pls give it atleast 6months or more before she reapply,cos you are sending a wrong signal if she reapply immediately,you are still in Nigeria Bro, get to US first start your school before she reapply. Don't let your Visa be revoked while still in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cliffton: 8:02am On Jun 29, 2021
Tough nuts to crack bro lol. I hope the person applying to these made first class hahaha

walepepe21:

Harvard University
Cornell University
UPenn University
Stanford University
Dartmouth College
GaTech
Duke University
Yale University

Thank me later.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Parko(m): 8:07am On Jun 29, 2021
Tian24495:
Hello everyone,

I just got a fully funded PhD admission for Chemistry at NIU.

Do I still need a sponsor's bank statement for my visa interview

Congratulations.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mvem(m): 8:11am On Jun 29, 2021
Tian24495:
Hello everyone,

I just got a fully funded PhD admission for Chemistry at NIU.

Do I still need a sponsor's bank statement for my visa interview
if there is no deficit then you don't need one

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mvem(m): 8:12am On Jun 29, 2021
Hisexcellency20:
Good evening all,

Please, I have a concern. Got a PhD with funding. The COA is $38k. When I received my I-20, assistantship was given as $38k. But, my department is writing $31k for assistantship in the letter of Sponsorship.

Please, how do I rectify this?

Can I use the two docs with different figures for Visa Application? Will it be a problem?

Please, help me out here.
@fairheart and other gurus in the house, I need your assistance on what to do.

NB. I have contacted my dept. But, I don't really understand what they are saying.
the most important document to the VO is your I20

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 8:44am On Jun 29, 2021
Parko:

Congratulations. Please does NIU chemistry require WES evaluation of transcript. Thanks
No. Just your unofficial transcript is okay!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2021
cliffton:
Tough nuts to crack bro lol. I hope the person applying to these made first class hahaha

grin grin grin

Those schools will give him full funding and Admission oh!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sslooss: 8:53am On Jun 29, 2021
please I sent you a pm

urchdiya:
If you haven’t canceled before, you can do that just once. That prompt is generic. I got that too when I wanted to reschedule mine from Lagos to Abuja. But I still went ahead and I didn’t have to pay any MRV fee

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by megbaba: 9:26am On Jun 29, 2021
megbaba:
Sorry for disturbing the house please. I want to ask in lieu of my previous post. Cant I just leave my Visa appointment date which is on the 14th Oct 2021 the way it was and go to the embassy without changing anything with the new i20 and same SEVIS number on old i20 but different date of resumption without changing my previous appointment date and Ds 160. Am sorry for any repetition. Is there any fatal penalty if I just go there. And when that my admission date is long gone can I just explained that my admission was deferred to a fresh date which can still accommodate my Visa appointment date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 29, 2021
megbaba:
you can use that date if you are resuming spring with a new I-20 for spring
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 29, 2021
urchdiya:

If you cancel for Lagos, can you still request an emergency date for Abuja? or you will get a closer date directly?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 9:35am On Jun 29, 2021
Tshendy:
Good evening everybody,

At bolded, that question must have thrown her off balance. And the response was definitely not a remarkable one.

For the better part of my understanding of the VOs, whenever there is a change in an applicants submission, they tend to scrutinize, raise an eyebrow and desire more clarity. You initially said you're not going with your wife, and now you have a change of plans. So now the VO raises an eyebrow on why?

Her why (for not applying with him for his interview ) for me doesn't cut it. I don't see how going with him will reduce his expenses. If for any reason, it will raise his expenses. Because your wife will be a dependent, considering she will be leaving her business (tommyshendy) here in Nigeria and as an F1 dependent youre not expected to be working. So he's the one that will be catering for the both of you. So that's not a good reason. Im almost certain that the VO felt this way.

Before she applies again. Let her undergo mock interviews and be better prepared. This denial would have easily been averted.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by blesziano: 9:48am On Jun 29, 2021
I have a few questions?

How do I track my emergency visa appointment request. I can not find it on my visa scheduling page.
How many days between when I apply and when I get feedback.

Please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 9:49am On Jun 29, 2021
If there’s no closer date to your resumption available,you can request for emergency appointment

Damite2ky:

If you cancel for Lagos, can you still request an emergency date for Abuja? or you will get a closer date directly?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 29, 2021
urchdiya:
If there’s no closer date to your resumption available,you can request for emergency appointment

Please, I need to reach you to ask for some things please. I've already sent you a PM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mikael11(m): 9:59am On Jun 29, 2021
Please I sent you a mail..
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by maridrug(m): 9:59am On Jun 29, 2021
walepepe21:

Harvard University
Cornell University
UPenn University
Stanford University
Dartmouth College
GaTech
Duke University
Yale University

Thank me later.
They all need Application fee and language proficiency.
Please find those without hassles.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.