Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,213 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645811 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
Good evening,

Is there anyone who has gotten an invoice from their University for the purpose of getting funds using Form A?

My University seems to be struggling with issuing an invoice and I would love to get a sample from someone.

You can blank out your name.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2021
He can always put the new Ds160 on the CGi 72 hours before interview but in a case that he can't do that, its better to just go with the one he's has already that has same confirmation number, they will retrieve it from there
Tayoade19:
Please I am asking for a friend. When he filled his DS160 intially he selected Lagos as the location for the interview but he got appointment date for Abuja. Later on, he filled another DS160 with Abuja as location and the confirmation number on the DS160 form has changed however he could not update his confirmation number on the cgi profile. Please what can he do? Should he go to Abuja for the interview with the old confirmation number which corresponds with the number on appointment confirmation page or the new confirmation number which doesn't correspond with the number on the appointment confirmation page?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mlsjim: 9:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
I want to congratulate all the applicants that got their visas approved recently. It gladens my heart to see the high recorded success rate. Thank you all for your contributions towards this great achievement.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 9:36pm On Jun 29, 2021
Please and please don’t scatter your beautiful profile. Apply for a PHD in related field. When you get to US you can decide to pursue that ‘dream’ you mentioned. Don’t apply for data science . Maintain that course alignment

grace2all:
I will appreciate some advice, I want to fill my d-160 form for my Visa application
1. I have a BSc in Sociology in 2014 and a Masters degree in Sociology (Demography) in 2018. I got admission to Clarkson University, MSc Data Science. Will the masters degree affect my chances of getting a Visa. note I declared my masters degree to Clarkson
2. My sister is my sponsor and she has already transferred the balance tuition to my account a month ago, combined with my scholarship from Clarkson, I have no deficit. But, I work with a small organization (printing house) and salary is paid in cash, maybe ones or twice to my account. will this be a red flag
3. I work as an admin supervisor in this small organization, my choice of data science as a program is due to my passion, I have learnt a lot on my own in this field but nothing official. is this a red flag
Kindly advice , what i should omit and how I can present myself better. I am 31 and single too

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shams040(m): 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2021
Laworldz:
Please and please don’t scatter your beautiful profile. Apply for a PHD in related field. When you get to US you can decide to pursue that ‘dream’ you mentioned. Don’t apply for data science . Maintain that course alignment

Dont discourage him. Please go for it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifeanyimoses: 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2021
Good day lovely people, sincerely anyone here who has helped other people with the tiniest or greatest of information deserves an accolade as I have been following the thread and it has actually helped me most especially securing funding.

However, I am in a stage where my school has issued me I-20, what would be the next steps??, I see people putting ds -160 and am bit not at it, can someone put me through please.

God bless our respective pursuit, Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hello guys,

I am about to defer my admission to spring 2022. Can I still request for I-20 and keep my visa processing on if I make this step, or would I have to wait till spring?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kennykayy: 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hello house, My visa interview is next month for fall 2021 admission, but I want to defer my till spring 2022. Won’t it be an issue at POE seeing that I didn’t resume for the intended Fall semester?

P.S: I’ll be notifying the school of this changes and I’ll request for a new I-20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
ifeanyimoses:
Good day lovely people, sincerely anyone here who has helped other people with the tiniest or greatest of information deserves an accolade as I have been following the thread and it has actually helped me most especially securing funding.

However, I am in a stage where my school has issued me I-20, what would be the next steps??, I see people putting ds -160 and am bit not at it, can someone put me through please.

God bless our respective pursuit, Amen.

Go on to pay SEVIS FEE ($350),
VISA FEE ($160- #67,200) @ GTBANK
Fill your DS-160
Book an interview date in Lagos or Abuja
Put necessary documents together and attend your interview...go get your VISA cheesy
Pickup your passport, book flight to the US, Covid-19 test and move.

When's your program's start date?

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2021
bamiDee1:
Please how long does it take for an emergency appointment request to be approved?

Did you get your expedited appointment approved? Yes? How long did it take pls?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 11:14pm On Jun 29, 2021
Shadestar:
Please,I really need mock interview as much as I can get.....Abeg o

Thank you in advance.

If you need my help you can send me a PM but my services are not free. Otherwise, you can post your proposed transcripts here for vetting. I will be happy to vet. Good-luck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 11:17pm On Jun 29, 2021
Duisburg:
Hello guys,

I am about to defer my admission to spring 2022. Can I still request for I-20 and keep my visa processing on if I make this step, or would I have to wait till spring?

When you defer you will need a new I-20. You can keep the visa processing on but be mindful you can only enter the US 30days to your program start date after your VISA is approved.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 12:19am On Jun 30, 2021
Amenmay:
Good Day all please, I was refused visiting visa (B1/B2) twice in 2018 and 2019 in Abuja because I’m not married. And now I’m still not married and I wish to reapply again. Please who can put me through

Good day, for you B1/B2 inquiries and information you can check the thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5807124/usa-visit-visa-part-4/63

I'm sure you'll seek the answers you need there. But if it's Student visa enquires you can post it here, lot of people here can assist on that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifeanyimoses: 12:27am On Jun 30, 2021
Hallelujahvoice:

Fill your DS-160
Put necessary documents together and attend your interview...go get your VISA cheesy

Wow, thanks a lot boss, my programs start date is August 23 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by solastar2: 12:41am On Jun 30, 2021
Ok

Tshendy:

The VO didn't ask me anything about my family. Below is my own transcript

VISA APPROVED
2ND June, 2021. 11:30am

Undergraduate Course: Chemical Engineering, OAU

School: The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa

Course: PhD chemical engineering

Funding: $50k
COA: $48.5k

V.O: Good Morning

Me: Good morning sir

V.O: How are you?

Me: I am fine thank you and you?

V.O: Good, please pass me your passport and I-20 ( I passed it)

V.O: (typing for a while) You are going to the university of Alabama for a PhD degree in chemical engineering

Me: Yes sir

V.O: (After checking my I-20) have you paid your SEVIS

Me: Yes sir.

V.O: How did you hear about the school

Me: I saw a publication on LinkedIn by Dr xxxx, an associated professor of the school. I was fascinated by the research because not only does it align with my interest, it also speak of the quality of researches going on in the lab. So I research about the school on google and got a link to the school website where I check through the department page. I then added the school to the list of the schools I wanted to apply to

V.O: Do you have a background in chemical engineering

Me: Yes sir, my first degree was in chemical engineering from OAU

V.O: what will the degree do for you?

Me: The degree will equip me with the technical, professional and research skill needed for a career in academic because I planned to come back to Nigeria to take up a lecturing role with Babcock University where I currently work. It will also enable me to set up my lab to continue my research which I want to aim at solving clinical, environmental and energy problem in Nigeria

V.O: what do you do at babcock

Me: I worked as a tutor in one of her high school.

V.O: High School?

Me: yes. Babcock university high school. I was deployed there by the university pending the time I will finish my graduate degree and then I will be moved back to teach university students

V.O: What do you teach?

Me: Chemistry and Mathematics

VO: how will you fund your program?

Me: I got a research assistance which covers my tuition and provide a monthly stipend for my other expenses.

V.O: How did you get your funding

Me: After reading Dr xxxx publication on LinkedIn, I sent an email to him that I will like to join his research group. I then asked me to submit official application which I did. I submitted online form, paid app fee of $80, uploaded my SOP, Transcript, CV and recommendations. After that the department schedule an interview with me and after the interview, I was recommended to the graduate school

V.O: what is the interview about

Me: The interview was centered on my background, experience, my motivation for a PhD and Aspiration

V.O: (picked a white paper and circle the pickup address) I will be approving your VISA. I will keep your passport, you will get it when the visa is ready next week. Keep your I-20 very well because you will need it at POE

Me: Thanks so much sir and have a great day

V.O: I wish you all the best

So the man didn't ask anything about my family at all. There is no deficit at all. The funding covers the two of us with about 3k surplus
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifeanyimoses: 1:46am On Jun 30, 2021
Hallelujahvoice:

Fill your DS-160

Please guys, how do I pay for my servis and visa fee, as I have researched online and can’t get what I’m finding, thanks guys.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 4:08am On Jun 30, 2021
ifeanyimoses:

Wow, thanks a lot boss, my programs start date is August 23 2021

Okay
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 4:11am On Jun 30, 2021
ifeanyimoses:

Please guys, how do I pay for my servis and visa fee, as I have researched online and can’t get what I’m finding, thanks guys.

SEVIS FEE...You can't pay from Nigeria
People that have paid usually have a trusted friend or family in the US pay on their behalf.
Or you can contact @walspring
People have recommended him.

VISA FEE...Pay #67,200 at any GTBANK close to you. Ensure to go with your international passport
Make sure they pay for F-1 VISA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:38am On Jun 30, 2021
ifeanyimoses:

cc walspring or send me a PM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chiezzh: 6:22am On Jun 30, 2021
Who can help with a mock exam?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 6:41am On Jun 30, 2021
Pefuele:

When you defer you will need a new I-20. You can keep the visa processing on but be mindful you can only enter the US 30days to your program start date after your VISA is approved.
What is the case when the school starts their advanced registration for spring 2022 in October?
Can I join the school on the note that my school has begun advanced registration?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:23am On Jun 30, 2021
There should not be an issue. Your new i20 will State Spring resumption date
Kennykayy:
Hello house, My visa interview is next month for fall 2021 admission, but I want to defer my till spring 2022. Won’t it be an issue at POE seeing that I didn’t resume for the intended Fall semester?

P.S: I’ll be notifying the school of this changes and I’ll request for a new I-20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:25am On Jun 30, 2021
Go to GTB bank for your Visa fee. Just tell them you want to pay for Visa, they already understand
ifeanyimoses:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 7:27am On Jun 30, 2021
Duisburg:

What is the case when the school starts their advanced registration for spring 2022 in October?
Can I join the school on the note that my school has begun advanced registration?

You can only join within your earliest admission date on your i-20. Check POE regulations.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 7:27am On Jun 30, 2021
Chiezzh:
Who can help with a mock exam?

WAEC mock exams?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 7:30am On Jun 30, 2021
Pefuele:

You can only join within your earliest admission date on your i-20. Check POE regulations.
Oh okay. Good.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 7:39am On Jun 30, 2021
kastgeraldino:
I'm beginning to think that the guy is just a troll or has serious mental issues. If your family is that wealthy, why even bother what one country does? All the people I know that are that rich don't even bother traveling out cos they can get anything in Naija. There is something wrong with that guy. How can your family be as rich as he described and then he wants to commit suicide because US rejected his visa application?

A point..naso bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chyjoey(m): 8:04am On Jun 30, 2021
I'm not currently in Nigeria but I need to book an appointment before I return. Can I get someone in Nigeria to pay the Visa fee for me? Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2021
Chyjoey:
I'm not currently in Nigeria but I need to book an appointment before I return. Can I get someone in Nigeria to pay the Visa fee for me? Thanks.
yeah sure
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hemingway: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2021
I booked for Lagos consulate and requested for emergency appointment a week ago but I didn't hear anything.

Now, I have edited my DS-160 and updated my profile with the new DS- 160 number.

I now chose Abuja as my interview location and requested for emergency appointment again. I hope there is nothing wrong with it?

Please if you have any idea just drop. My program start date is 16th August.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DavidBurger: 9:20am On Jun 30, 2021
Approvalll:
Congratulations

I just concluded my NYSC 2021 Feb,
I don’t have a job at the moment but I filled Student on my present work.

Can I use Student as Present work?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 30, 2021
Guys, July 12, 13 and 14 now available in Abuja.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.