Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644249 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Juice2Pac: 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2021
Prexy1999:

You deserved rejection. Try and be more serious next time if you want that VISA.
How can you say such that someone deserves rejection I noticed you hardly come here to guide us, if is not you dropping stupid comments then it will be you dragging with Fairheart or someone. He posted his transcripts here so people can help him out, all expected of you is constructive criticism but you just attacked him anyhow which is bad. I doubt if you are in the states as you claimed cos you are always around the Nigeria time zone or don’t you sleep?

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Renashelly: 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
JavanElsevier41:
My EA for the Abuja embassy has been approved. I have been scheduled for July 19.
It's not been easy sha.
Chai
. Pls I need help.... how did u do it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2021
Candboy:
DM me... am accounting student too. I can guide you

i messaged you, you didn't respond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Candboy: 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2021
Bond4141:

i messaged you, you didn't respond
I have replied ur msg bro.... i also drpped my number but u havnt called... so whose fault?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Renashelly: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2021
gurus in the house, pls I need help. I sent them a mail concerning getting a closer date on Wednesday, and this morning I got a message from them but I dint see any date. Here is the d email I got
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you want to have an earlier date to schedule an appointment.

Availability of slots is at the sole discretion of the US Embassy. You may log in to your profile and check the calendar for the first available appointment.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3P3RXJ to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,
U.S. Visa Service Desk
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2021
Renashelly:
gurus in the house, pls I need help. I sent them a mail concerning getting a closer date on Wednesday, and this morning I got a message from them but I dint see any date. Here is the d email I got
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you want to have an earlier date to schedule an appointment.

Availability of slots is at the sole discretion of the US Embassy. You may log in to your profile and check the calendar for the first available appointment.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3P3RXJ to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,
U.S. Visa Service Desk
Lagos or Abuja Embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Renashelly: 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2021
jojoey:

Lagos or Abuja Embassy
Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2021
What's your work experience? You need good work experience, and it's for your own good. Have you taken GMAT (or GRE as most MBA programs also accept it)? Those are important factors in getting scholarships (usually partial) for an MBA. And so that you know, scholarships for MBA are not common like for other programs, especially at the top business schools. Most people also take loans to finance their MBA.

Immacharles:
Hello, Good day.

Please I’m new here. I graduated with a 2.1 in chemical engineering and I’m trying to go for masters in business administration. I’m looking for schools that offer scholarship. And I’m seeking for assistance on how to go about my application.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2021
Fayeze:
Funds from school zero
Funds from sibling - Full.

VO: why are you going to America?
Me: for my masters degree at Florida A&M university

VO. How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 universities.

VO: Why this university?
Me: It's one of the leading universities in Florida known for its excellence in computer information systems with highly intelligent professors in the department.
They have an outstanding faculty reputation.
The tuition fee and cost of living is less Compared to the other universities.

VO: sorry, you do not qualify.

Can you point out the mistakes. I expected other questions.

Why this university is too Generic. Mention instead, what the program will do for you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emerald1529: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2021
Good afternoon guys.

Please for those that applied together for F1 and F2 together, please did you fill separate DS-160 forms?

Also, does the sevis fee cover both F1 and & F2 or will each dependent pay a seperate sevis fee?

Lastly, if you are funded, who do you put as sponsor? Yourself or the school, bearing in mind the funding only covers the student.

Thank you in advance for responding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Digbick: 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2021
motajike:
[color=#006600][/color]

This isn't true please. I got 297 in GRE, finished with a 2.78 on a scale of 5 which is a 2-2, and I still got full funding. We have been told several times it is not based on GRE alone, they look at the whole package. I don't have a single publication but I had an interview with the staff that gave me funding and I packaged myself well and aligned my research interests with hers. That is all that matters. Getting a high score in GRE and having no similar interest with any faculty may not get you anywhere.
Did you evaluate your score with Wes? What are the requirements you look out for in applying to schools?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mccarthyal(m): 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iPhenas(f): 3:35pm On Jul 09, 2021
urchdiya:
This was really smooth. But why didn’t you go with her then since the funding covered both of you with surplus?

Did you now see why VO thought something isn’t right here and denied her. Like I said before, let her chill for 6months or more and reapply

UA's 50K funding is for one person. I don't know why he said the funding is for you. Like you said his wife should wait 6 months. I know people going to UA with 50k funding and 3k surplus it never says it covers dependents.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Renashelly: 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2021
Pklassic:
Pls inform them that you got It through the agent my sister introduced to you yet she was banned here for mentioning the agent but many people have gotten a date here through the agent.
After banning her, many of you still inbox her via her email asking for the contact of the agent yet you all called her a scammer
Pls my resumption date is 6th August and I hav not been given an interview date yet.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jayjohnson08(m): 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2021
Has anyone applied for Chevening Scholarship before? I have read their requirements and others guides but need to be enlighten more about personal experiences.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jossyco(m): 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2021
(1) Please the account statement I got from my uncle is a company one, although it's his name that is the company name e.g. Thierry Henry Nig Ltd. Can I use this? Please i need a quick response, my interview is next week Tuesday,

(2) which hotels are not too expensive and close to the US embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2021
Pklassic:
Pls inform them that you got It through the agent my sister introduced to you yet she was banned here for mentioning the agent but many people have gotten a date here through the agent.
After banning her, many of you still inbox her via her email asking for the contact of the agent yet you all called her a scammer
Lmao so kind of you to open an account today to prove that your sister is not a scam...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
LOL it's the same person. This is the third account he will create.

LeviAckerman:

Lmao so kind of you to open an account today to prove that your sister is not a scam...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
Please when did you request for it I requested for mine on Wednesday morning and demanded feedback and still haven’t been able to get a reply yet
Pklassic:

quote author=JavanElsevier41 post=103501541]My EA for the Abuja embassy has been approved. I have been scheduled for July 19.
It's not been easy sha.
Chai
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2021
Please did anybody request for Emergency appointment in Abuja and still waiting for reply ? And when did you guys request for it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by charlesikenna00(m): 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2021
Pls gurus in the house, i made a mistake on my ds 160 but i had corrected it and updated my profile.
how do I get a new appointment confirmation page after updating my profile.
N/B: I had already scheduled my interview though I want to apply for emergency.

Pls any contribution will be highly appreciated
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Immacharles: 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
kastgeraldino:
What's your work experience? You need good work experience, and it's for your own good. Have you taken GMAT (or GRE as most MBA programs also accept it)? Those are important factors in getting scholarships (usually partial) for an MBA. And so that you know, scholarships for MBA are not common like for other programs, especially at the top business schools. Most people also take loans to finance their MBA.

Thank you for replying. I have 1 year experience as a customer care Representative for an e-commerce company and another 1 year in a primary school. I haven’t taken the GMAT Exams
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2021
Approvalll:
Please did anybody request for Emergency appointment in Abuja and still waiting for reply ? And when did you guys request for it?

Wednesday morning this week. What about you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
Prexy1999:

You deserved rejection. Try and be more serious next time if you want that VISA.
On every level, this is wrong.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by charlesikenna00(m): 5:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
Pefuele:

Should I also follow these steps if I only updated my ds 160 confirmation number.
Nope. You can start a new DS-160 or retrieve the old one and just use it to fill a new DS-160 for the new school. Then go back to your appointment portal and click on update. Change the DS-160 confirmation to the new one then send an email to support@ustraveldocs.com to update the school name, SEVIS ID,address and postal code.

Subject of mail: Urgently require updates on my application

You can follow this template:

Dear US Support,

I hope this e-mail finds you well.

Kindly help me update details of my SEVIS ID,School name, address and postal code as I can’t update it myself on
the CGI portal. Below are my details:

Applicant's Name (as it appears on the passport): xxxxxxx YYYY zzzzz
Passport Number:xxxxx
Date of Birth: April,6th,2021
Email Address: your email address
New SEVIS Number:Bleep
Name of School: Bleep
Address: Bleep
Postal Code:Bleep

Thanks a lot for your help.

Stay safe,

Pefuele

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 5:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
The attachment below is a proper way filling DS160. Kindly check out. Please. Yeah, I am begging!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by blesziano: 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2021
I have applied for an emergency visa appointment at the Lagos embassy for over 10 working days and I am yet to get feedback. Any assistance on what I can do to expedite the feedback.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Missposh: 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2021
blesziano:
I have applied for an emergency visa appointment at the Lagos embassy for over 10 working days and I am yet to get feedback. Any assistance on what I can do to expedite the feedback.
I applied to Lagos too about a month now and no update yet. Looks like it's only Abuja that has started responding to emergency appointment request. Hopefully, Lagos will start responding soon.

Please our gurus in the house, has this happened in the past? Did they still respond before student's resumption date

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.