Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645507 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 5:47am On Jul 15, 2021
Please who got an emergency date approved recently and when did you apply?.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 5:50am On Jul 15, 2021
I was thinking we team up and bombard them with mails so that they respond fast

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 7:09am On Jul 15, 2021
What date were you able to get for your regular appointment?
richieboy1994:
Please who got an emergency date approved recently and when did you apply?.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 7:24am On Jul 15, 2021
Approvalll:
What date were you able to get for your regular appointment?
November 17th

What about u? And have u sent them a feedback And a mail?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 7:24am On Jul 15, 2021
richieboy1994:

Lol
That's not how they work sir/ma
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 7:30am On Jul 15, 2021
I got august 16th but my start date is also the 16th while classes resume on the 23rd
richieboy1994:

November 17th

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 7:37am On Jul 15, 2021
Normal appointment is September 21.

Program start date is August 5. Sent feedback and email yet no feedback. I guess the volume of requests is much for them

richieboy1994:

November 17th

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 15, 2021
richieboy1994:
lol jokes on you say Na team up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vizin: 7:56am On Jul 15, 2021
Good morning everyone!
Please undergraduate students who got admitted, did you evaluate your secondary school certificate with WES before your applying to your choice university?
If yes, how did you go about it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 1000Chub: 8:00am On Jul 15, 2021
What happens when you enter the US after your program start date. Will you be turned back??

No 3 on the attached slip

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 15, 2021
Hello good people.
May the peace of Almighty God be with all of us, and may our visas be approved. Amen.

Quick enquiries on those leaving for Fall studies in the US next month, or from later this month. Particularly those leaving from Lagos.
Established gurus in the house, you are welcome to enlighten my ignorance on the below points smiley.

1. Who can recommend the cheapest place to do covid19 test? (If you know a place that does free of charge, still talk o smiley smiley .)

2. Who knows Turkish Airlines phone/ address in Lagos. I don tire for hearsay. Currently seeing different numbers online that aren't going through. Need to confirm the facts about covid tests, luggage, layover, meals, transfer, etc. No harm in being extra sure.

3. Anyone arrived at Chicago O'hare airport as Port of Entry before ? Any advice on how their matter be? Heard one got to 'travel' between terminals if connecting flights. Pls help with any heads up.

4. The naira to $ is pretty low. Any help with the best mallam in Lagos to buy? Looking for the cheapest of the cheapest rate please. Or is a commercial bank better? Can anyone recommend a branch in Lagos?

5. How are our guys at MMI airport, do they still insist on rogering? If one refuses to drop at all, at all; any issues? (ideally this is a dumb question, but bribery and that airport are synonymous, and I've heard cases where those officers refused l to give exit stamp on top tipping.)
Shishi no dey anywhere to give anyone shaa smiley.
Has anyone go through there recently? Any heads up?

If you're leaving via Lagos with Turkish, we fit align o smiley. And of course pass bits of information to help each other. DM me, pls.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 8:40am On Jul 15, 2021
Please does anyone know if the Abuja embassy is still accepting emergency appointment requests it’s been more than a week since I requested an emergency appointment and also sent a feedback still no reply do they have an email where I can send messages to them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 8:41am On Jul 15, 2021
ebbie9ja:

Program start date is August 5. Sent feedback and email yet no feedback. I guess the volume of requests is much for them

Yea much volume, what documents did u upload when applying for the EA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Missposh: 9:27am On Jul 15, 2021
ebbie9ja:

I sent an email after a while of requesting for EA. I got a feedback yesterday but it was neither here nor there. Honestly don't know if I should still be expecting another reply confirming their position on the request or I should go ahead and use that feedback to send another message. The compulsory orientation date is almost here, still need to make plenty plans. Getting an emergency appointment date is just like a big hurdle.

Please people help provide insight
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 10:01am On Jul 15, 2021
Missposh:
I sent an email after a while of requesting for EA. I got a feedback yesterday but it was neither here nor there. Honestly don't know if I should still be expecting another reply confirming their position on the request or I should go ahead and use that feedback to send another message. The compulsory orientation date is almost here, still need to make plenty plans. Getting an emergency appointment date is just like a big hurdle.

When did u apply for your EA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pace6: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2021
Pefuele:

Were you interviewed in Abuja?

Bro please can I DM you? I really need help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 10:26am On Jul 15, 2021
Pace6:

Bro please can I DM you? I really need help

Go ahead.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pace6: 10:27am On Jul 15, 2021
Pefuele:

Go ahead.

DM sent...

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Missposh: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2021
richieboy1994:

When did u apply for your EA?
June 10. Please in the event that my EA appointment was denied, maybe because I didnt attach my sevis among all the documents I uploaded, will I have the opportunity of applying for another emergency appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by researcher108: 10:45am On Jul 15, 2021
Approvalll:
Please does anyone know if the Abuja embassy is still accepting emergency appointment requests it’s been more than a week since I requested an emergency appointment and also sent a feedback still no reply do they have an email where I can send messages to them

I think you should call the visa appointment office and speak with them again for a follow up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by researcher108: 10:47am On Jul 15, 2021
Missposh:

Yes I think you should go ahead and follow up again on the emergency request. If it’s been approved, they will send an email stating it and you’ll see a notification when you log in. So try again and then you can also call the visa appointment line to follow up again. Let’s be hopeful too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by researcher108: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2021
Missposh:
June 10. Please in the event that my EA appointment was denied, maybe because I didnt attach my sevis among all the documents I uploaded, will I have the opportunity of applying for another emergency appointment

When you’re providing another feedback. You’ll have the opportunity to attach one document. You might want to upload the missing document I.e your sevis receipt and most likely state in the feedback that you omitted it in your application...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pennstate(m): 11:18am On Jul 15, 2021
tonero4urch:
Guys, please can you rate these universities accounding to rank, job prospects, alumni, learning experience, diversity, and great faculty members etc

1 Georgia state university
2 Florida International University
3 University of South Florida
4 Stevens institute of Technology
5 Middle Tennessee State University
6 Western Illinois University

N/B
I got admission in all of them but only one gave me funding (deficit of 4500 dollars), employment in the department as a lab Assistant and a monthly stipend.

You can actually do this yourself; however funding (if you don't have your personal funds) is actually a factor in choosing schools in the US.
In my opinion here are the two things you should do, outside the research work you will be doing probably in these schools. Firstly, you should look at the schools your potential supervisors went to; I bet most of them went to top/good schools. Secondly, which is the most important; search for their past students and where they are. There are platforms to that, one is directly from the school websites (but not always up to date). The second one is through linkedin. If you are on linkedin, you can search for past graduate students using the search bar...... something like this "molecular biologist, Georgia State University". You ll see past students and probably where they currently work at the moment.
NB: You should be aware that "majority" of them are citizens.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 11:45am On Jul 15, 2021
researcher108:

I think you should call the visa appointment office and speak with them again for a follow up

Please give us the visa appointment line

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Evergeen22: 11:49am On Jul 15, 2021
Please go through my proposed interview and criticize it please

My Testimony

Me : Good Morning Sir/ Ma
VO: Good Morning, I-20 and passport
VO: can you tell me why you’re going to the usa
Me: I’m going for my masters degree in Digital Marketing at the university of Xx USA
VO: why xx ?
Me : I chose Xx after an extensive research online, Xx is among the 10 best schools for mba in digital marketing.
The school has a productive educational program that would help me in my career as a Digital marketer.
I would also have the invaluable opportunity to be mentored by Professor X and Professor Xy who has written so many articles about marketing strategies.
I also got an internship to work with him,
Which will help me in my career as a Marketer when I come back to my country.

VO: what will this course do for you ?
Me: This course will Equip me with strategic abilities to help organizations in Nigeria Adapt to the rapidly evolving digital markets.

V.O : what type of companies
Me: companies like Uber,Booking.com and Airbnb etc

VO: what courses will you be taking ?
Mktg 6631 - digital marketing
Mktg 6629- social media marketing

VO: who is your sponsor
Me: My Uncle, Mr X, he has been the one financing all my studies

VO: what does he do
Me : he owns one of the biggest dealership company In Nigeria, He owns a dealership in Detroit , he imports from usa, China and Japan .
he has branches in Lagos, Abia state and Abuja , with about 30 staffs working for him

VO: what was your previous degree
Me : Business Marketing

VO: Which school
Me: IMO state university in Nigeria 2016

VO : what have you been doing since 2017
Me : I worked for the government at the NYSC I finished 2018, then I came
To China to learn Chinese as an international language. I can speak
And write Chinese
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Please when I applied for Emergency appointment Last week Thursday, I didn't upload my SEVIS. But I have sent a feedback two days ago and attaching the SEVIS and also ive sent them a mail. Since no reply

Please what are my chances? Or do I pay another MRV fee and apply again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
Okay please how can I get their number or email address please we would need it as soon as possible as my regular appointment is on the 16th of august and that’s also my start date but classes resume 23rd will this affect my chances of getting the visa?
researcher108:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hello everyone.

I uploaded 5 documents but only 2 are showing after I submitted as attached within the screenshot i posted below

I also mistakenly used 7th instead of 8th(august) as my start of program cry

I’m so scared, what can i do please?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Christabeliciou: 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
Pls Is the August for 2021 or 2022 in Abuja tnx

Davidkking:
A friend just got August 6 in Abuja. More dates are opening up, y'all check.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hemingway: 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
VISA APPROVED!!!

God's Grace is sufficient!

Abuja.

My short transcript later

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
Christabeliciou:
Pls Is the August for 2021 or 2022 in Abuja tnx

Please how do I check?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
Davidkking:
A friend just got August 6 in Abuja. More dates are opening up, y'all check.

Please how can one check?

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.