Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,071 members, 7,814,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642054 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2021
Congratulations
TheReaper17:
Visa Approved this morning at the embassy in Abuja.

School: Texas Tech University
Course: Interdisciplinary Studies MS
COA: $32k
Funding: Family Funds

VO: Good morning, pass me your documents
Me: Good morning
VO: You're going to Texas Tech University for your Master's in Biology
Me: I'm going to TTU for my Master's of Science Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, I'll major in Biological and Physical Sciences.
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm an Environmental Manager at a reputable consulting firm in Lagos.
VO: What do you do at work?
Me: I write Environmental Impact Assessment reports for companies, Government Agencies and Private individuals. I also prepare feasibility studies for different land use and gather data for projecting sustainable food production.
VO: What will this Degree do for you?
Me: The combination of knowledge in both biological and physical sciences will enable me become a well-rounded professional, and I'll be able to take up a management role in my current office.
VO: What's your thesis topic?
Me: Climate change and its impact on sustainable food production in Nigeria.
VO: Who is paying for your studies?
Me: My Dad.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a Real Estate Developer and large scale livestock farmer who supplies poultry products to 13 states in Nigeria.
VO: Your visa is approved. *hands me the white paper*, keep your I-20 safe and take it with you when traveling. Please observe all covid-19 protocols to avoid being turned back at the port of entry.

To be honest, I had a very relaxed and calm interview. The VO (a white lady) approved visas for the 2 sets of people ahead of me on the queue. Time seemed to fly by, cos I could've sworn I didn't spend 5 minutes with her. She didn't ask for any other documents apart from the ones I supplied (Passport, I-20, SEVIS Receipt). I prayed and I believe my preparation met with God's grace. Best of luck to everyone who's yet to get approved. I look forward to reading your success stories. Thank you all for the invaluable tips. Cheers

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by reigningme: 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hi guys,
It has been a while now. I want to advise you that you should not give up on your dreams of studying in the USA. Prepare, consult great people here, and put God in the equation of your life. Everything will be fine. I wish you success. I am just Grace personified, considering my background, undergraduate studies, and GRE below the standard (292). I got a GA position when I arrived in the states for my MS in Information Systems. I even got more than one, but I had to drop one. The good news is that currently, I am on 4.0. So, Don't give up, guys!. REfire!

40 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Onyedika11(m): 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2021
Congratulations
TheReaper17:

Me: I'm going to TTU for my Master's of Science Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, I'll major in Biological and Physical Sciences.
Me: I write Environmental Impact Assessment reports for companies, Government Agencies and Private individuals. I also prepare feasibility studies for different land use and gather data for projecting sustainable food production.
Me: The combination of knowledge in both biological and physical sciences will enable me become a well-rounded professional, and I'll be able to take up a management role in my current office.
Me: He's a Real Estate Developer and large scale livestock farmer who supplies poultry products to 13 states in Nigeria.
VO: Your visa is approved. *hands me the white paper*, keep your I-20 safe and take it with you when traveling. Please observe all covid-19 protocols to avoid being turned back at the port of entry.

To be honest, I had a very relaxed and calm interview. The VO (a white lady) approved visas for the 2 sets of people ahead of me on the queue. Time seemed to fly by, cos I could've sworn I didn't spend 5 minutes with her. She didn't ask for any other documents apart from the ones I supplied (Passport, I-20, SEVIS Receipt). I prayed and I believe my preparation met with God's grace. Best of luck to everyone who's yet to get approved. I look forward to reading your success stories. Thank you all for the invaluable tips. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by reigningme: 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2021
Damite2ky:
Visa Approved this morning.
Abuja Embassy.

Transcript later.

Congratulations...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
Well because I don’t give up easily and parental pressure I’m tired of the insults from my parents because I was denied in the past they talk like it’s my fault so I have to make them stop if not they will keep frustrating me
vizin:
If it's as bad as you just mentioned, why are you desperate to go back even after visiting consecutively for the past twenty years like you said earlier on? Moreover it's not about telling them about you father multiple business, how well did you deliver the answer to some questions you were asked? Were you well articulated when you answered some questions? I know sometimes the visa approval can be tricky and some might just be lucky but you need to just calm down and enjoy every passing day. I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful. I know that feeling when you want something so bad but it's not going as you expected, the frustration, the pain. Calm down and don't act like it's a do or die affair, on the bright side your parents are rich, as you process your visa application, have some fun, do things you love.
I'm sorry if I've said anything wrong but enjoy yourself *hugs*
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2021
Well because I don’t give up easily and parental pressure I’m tired of the insults from my parents because I was denied in the past they talk like it’s my fault so I have to make them stop if not they will keep frustrating me as my parents acquired several real estate properties and investments over there in the US with the hope of me going to look after them and build on it and I really want to make my own money too and not depend on my parents thanks for advice I really appreciate God bless
vizin:
If it's as bad as you just mentioned, why are you desperate to go back even after visiting consecutively for the past twenty years like you said earlier on? Moreover it's not about telling them about you father multiple business, how well did you deliver the answer to some questions you were asked? Were you well articulated when you answered some questions? I know sometimes the visa approval can be tricky and some might just be lucky but you need to just calm down and enjoy every passing day. I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful. I know that feeling when you want something so bad but it's not going as you expected, the frustration, the pain. Calm down and don't act like it's a do or die affair, on the bright side your parents are rich, as you process your visa application, have some fun, do things you love.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by reigningme: 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2021
Fully funded Ph.D. opportunities to do research on additive manufacturing of structural alloys and machine learning at The University of Oklahoma, School of Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering in the USA. If interested, please contact Professor Iman Ghamarian

Email: iman@ou.edu

https:///gt7MKpt

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by reigningme: 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
For interested persons

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laye92: 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hello guys, please I have a question. Who should Letter of study leave approval be addressed to?. The embassy or The employee in question?. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hello nairalanders Please I applied for Emergency appointment last week Thursday, till now to response. I sent them a feed back yesterday and no response still.

Please should I email them at ConsularAbuja@state.gov ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
There is definitely something wrong with the guy. There's no point wasting your responses on him. I still wonder how someone whose family is as wealthy as he says would contemplate suicide (as he said in an earlier post) all because of American visa when you have the resources to go anywhere.

vizin:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
When is your program start date?
richieboy1994:
Hello nairalanders Please I applied for Emergency appointment last week Thursday, till now to response. I sent them a feed back yesterday and no response still.

Please should I email them at ConsularAbuja@state.gov ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2021
Please ,..tuition is $30,000 for a year...
Bal is 9.3m
Total credit is 229m
Total debit is 227m
Is this account good enough to present at the embassy for a 2 year graduate program in the USA....ASKING FOR A FRIEND?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 4:00pm On Jul 14, 2021
ebbie9ja:

August 16th ooo
Please what do I do?
Do I Send them a mail again to their email address?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2021
Abuja Embassy.

Transcript later.

I'm grateful to God and this forum
Profile;
Abuja
Deficit $26k
Lawyer, working as In-house counsel with an IT company.
4 years working experience.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Fall 2021

Greeted and passed my i20 and passport through the opening.

V.O: Have you interviewed with the US embassy before?

Me: No

I did biometrics thereafter.

V.O: I see you're going to the Eastern Illinois University for your Master of Business Administration.

Me: That’s correct.

V.O: Why this school?

Me: I chose EIU for 2 reasons.
Reason no 1, EIU's MBA programme offers students the opportunity to participate and engage in Capstone projects of the school which students can leverage as graduate experience.

Reason 2, during my Skype call with Dr. xxxxxxx, the xxxxxxxx of Graduate Business Studies, I was informed that EIU also offers the opportunity to enroll in Graduate Certificate Programs such as Business Analytics alongside the MBA programme without extending the duration of my MBA programme or my stay in the US.

I see this as an advantage to get a competitive edge in my career, and this informed my decision to pick EIU.

V:O: why did you decide to go for MBA?

Me: This course fits nicely into my immediate plan of taking up senior management role at my current company and my long-term plan of becoming a seasoned business and strategy consultant.

My long-term goal of being a business and strategy consultant was further reaffirmed by the Covid-19 global pandemic of 2020.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has shown that many essential businesses are more vulnerable more than others due to their lack of relevant management principles and their inability to adjust to changes brought about by unpredictable financial situations.

So, in addition with my legal experience, I expect that the knowledge garnered from the MBA programme will equip me with relevant skillset in the areas *VO cuts in* That’s fine.

V:O: what did you say your Company do again?
Me: Information Technology

VO: Who is paying for this?

Me: My Mum is my sponsor. She is a business woman, She owns two retail stores in Lagos and two in Oyo State, also she has access to funds from my late father's estate.

VO: Your visa is approved. *hands me the white paper*, keep your I-20..... * at this point, I was just nodding, I barely heard a word she said, next thing I heard was “to avoid being turned back at the port of entry”

No document was requested for except the ones I supplied (Passport, I-20, SEVIS Receipt)

Thank you all for the invaluable tips. God bless.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2021
Yes

Approvalll:
Congratulations is this your first try?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2021
ebbie9ja:

August 16th ooo
Please what do I do?
Do I Send them a mail again to their email address?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2021
Congratulations!

TheReaper17:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2021
Thanks to @ walspring he made my sevis payment for me sharp and quick. @ walspring he is the best plug for sevis payment and other payments,Kudos

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2021
Please Don’t judge me you don’t know what I’ve gone through mentally I know there are other countries with great universities but you should understand that the US is number one and I find it really hard settling for less I’ve had a family member go to the Uk to school and it didn’t turn out the way the person expected it to be everyone is different please don’t judge me thank you
kastgeraldino:
There is definitely something wrong with the guy. There's no point wasting your responses on him. I still wonder how someone whose family is as wealthy as he says would contemplate suicide (as he said in an earlier post) all because of American visa when you have the resources to go anywhere.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Siraj20: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hello all,

Please what exactly is the deficit you all refer to?
Is it deficit of the 1st year payment or deficit for both years. Talking about masters programme here.

My statement of financial support has cost for only a year and that is what my statement + my sponsor's statement is proving.

Do I need to explain how to cover the cost for the 2nd year of my Msc?

Someone pls explain to me. God bless us all and all the best ������
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
Sorry Mr USA. Good luck in your pursuits cos you would need it!

Approvalll:
Please Don’t judge me you don’t know what I’ve gone through mentally I know there are other countries with great universities but you should understand that the US is number one and I find it really hard settling for less I’ve had a family member go to the Uk to school and it didn’t turn out the way the person expected it to be everyone is different please don’t judge me thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2021
Please who is going to TTU here? How long did it take them to send your i20 via email and also do they usually write the name of your sponsor on the i20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2021
The employee.
But introductory letter should be to the embassy.
Laye92:
Hello guys, please I have a question. Who should Letter of study leave approval be addressed to?. The embassy or The employee in question?. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2021
vizin:

You dey mind that "lori iro" guy... none of his stories ever touch me again since I read all his jargon on the thread... anywhere wey he like, make he resolve hin wahala
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chiezzh: 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2021
ETSU fall 2021 student HMU..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Richy5008: 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2021
Gud day house pls I need who can help me pay my application fee to Western Illinois University in the US. I need to pay 30 dollars via check. I will send the Equivalent amount to the person's account.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2021
Damite2ky:
Abuja Embassy.

Transcript later.

Profile;
Abuja
Deficit $26k
Fall 2021

V.O: I see you're going to the Eastern Illinois University for your Master of Business Administration.

Reason no 1, EIU's MBA programme offers students the opportunity to participate and engage in Capstone projects of the school which students can leverage as graduate experience.

Reason 2, during my Skype call with Dr. xxxxxxx, the xxxxxxxx of Graduate Business Studies, I was informed that EIU offers the opportunity to enroll in Graduate Certificate Programs such as Business Analytics alongside the MBA programme without extending the duration of my MBA programme or my stay in the US.

I see this as an advantage to get a competitive edge in my career, and this informed my decision to pick EIU.

Me: This course fits nicely into my immediate plan of taking up senior management role at my current company and my long-term plan of becoming a seasoned business and strategy consultant.

My long-term goal of being a business and strategy consultant was further reaffirmed by the Covid-19 global pandemic of 2020.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has shown that many essential businesses are more vulnerable more than others due to their lack of relevant management principles and their inability to adjust to changes brought about by unpredictable financial situations.

So, in addition with my legal experience, I expect that the knowledge garnered from the MBA programme will equip me with relevant skillset in the areas *VO cuts in* That’s fine.

Me: My Mum is my sponsor. She is a business woman, She owns two retail stores in Lagos and two in Oyo State, also she has access to funds from my late father's estate.

VO: Your visa is approved. *hands me the white paper*, keep your I-20..... * at this point, I was just nodding, I barely heard a word she said, next thing I heard was “to avoid being turned back at the port of entry”

No document was requested for except the ones I supplied (Passport, I-20, SEVIS Receipt)

You spoke well. Congrats.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2021
Shanid:
Please ,..tuition is $30,000 for a year...
Bal is 9.3m
Total credit is 229m
Total debit is 227m
Is this account good enough to present at the embassy for a 2 year graduate program in the USA....ASKING FOR A FRIEND?

Not good enough. $30k is equivalent to N12.6m. N9.3m falls short of that. However the account has good inflow and outflow.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
Siraj20:
Hello all,

Please what exactly is the deficit you all refer to?
Is it deficit of the 1st year payment or deficit for both years. Talking about masters programme here.

My statement of financial support has cost for only a year and that is what my statement + my sponsor's statement is proving.

Do I need to explain how to cover the cost for the 2nd year of my Msc?

Someone pls explain to me. God bless us all and all the best ������

Deficit talked about is for a year. Your statement of financial support should more than cover a year ( almost twice). Doesn't need to cover both years. There are adjustment in total cost of attendance based on changes in minimum wages and other economic factors in the state you are going to so next year cost may slightly change.

Also,the embassy looks soft on SOA now because I have seen very few transcripts that the VO request to check the SOA but you should ensure you can prove that your sponsor has the financial capacity to cover your total cost with good and legit SOA. Best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 6:20pm On Jul 14, 2021
Pefuele:

Not good enough. $30k is equivalent to N12.6m. N9.3m falls short of that. However the account has good inflow and outflow.
Thank you sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
Damite2ky:
Abuja Embassy.

Transcript later.

Profile;
Abuja
Deficit $26k
Fall 2021

Reason 2, during my Skype call with Dr. xxxxxxx, the xxxxxxxx of Graduate Business Studies, I was informed that EIU offers the opportunity to enroll in Graduate Certificate Programs such as Business Analytics alongside the MBA programme without extending the duration of my MBA programme or my stay in the US.

Hearty Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.