Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644807 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 9:34am On Jul 14, 2021
1000Chub:
I'm grateful to God and this forum
Visa interview was a success
Profile;
Abuja
Deficit 25k$
Masters
Texas Tech
Fall 2021

After biometrics, greeting and passing my i20 and passport through the opening.

V.O: I see you're going to the Texas Tech University for your master's degree in mechanical Engineering.
Me: Yes.

V.O: Who is paying for your masters?
Me: My Sister, She is a primary care doctor at xxxx

V:O: what will your thesis be on?
Me: Sorry i didnt get you ( her pronouciations wasnt clear kinda inaudible)

She lifts a paper where she wrote "thesis" on.

Me: I will be focusing on Controls and dynamics systems with relations to renewable energy.

V:O: what do you currently do?
Me: I work at xxxx

V.O: Since you work at xxxx, why do you want to leave.
Me: I am currently employed under a contract capacity ( she types Makes eye contacts and nods. I give a smile as well) so it is important that i leave to achieve a higher level of education to advance in my career and qualify for better positions.

V.O: what will you do after your degree
Me: I'll return to Nigeria to seek reabsorption in my present company or I'll take up a lecturing job in my alma mata where i finished with a first class degree.

V.O: (stretches to get the white paper) your visa is approved
Me: Smiles and collects the paper

V.O: (Proceeds with the Covid and travel talks)
Me. Heart was filled with joy couldn't hear anyother thing she was saying.

Congrats bro, please how long did it take you to get your i20 from TTU and also do they normally write the name of the sponsor on the i20 or they will just write Family etc?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 9:41am On Jul 14, 2021
214b they said I don’t have strong ties to my country lol even after telling them about my father’s multiple businesses and companies in Nigeria anyways sha Na me mess up by being obedient and always following the rules next time if them give me I no go komot until I secure my green card before I leave that place because Americans don’t favour black people as it is a racist country and majority of its population are racist my advice to everyone is it’s only when you have a green card that everything can be guaranteed if you are lucky enough to secure a visa find a way to get your green card as America hate black people with passion or just go to Canada ps: I almost got shot on my last visit there probably because they thought I was a criminal lol thanks for the advice though you too much
Gbemi16:

Considering you have a good travel history (based on what you said), what reason was indicated on the refusal paper you were given? There are people who got their visa during Trump administration.if you don’t mind, you can share your last transcript and let the gurus in the house review.

Regarding EA, I don’t think there is a time frame for responses. I think you just have to wait patiently. While waiting, try to prepare for the interview by faith. Prepare well !!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 9:45am On Jul 14, 2021
On Wednesday last week and I only submitted my I-20 I sent a feedback on Thursday what regular date were you able to get?
richieboy1994:
I applied Thursday Last week, what about u?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mimiessien(f): 10:04am On Jul 14, 2021
Refused a visa. whats the way forward for those of us in this category because once u click recently refused the dates coming up are in january 2022 . plus i dont think you can even request emmergency once uve been denied in the last 6 months.
ebbie9ja:
Previously refused EA or Visa? When?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by revenant: 10:29am On Jul 14, 2021
harveygordon:
Please o. How can I pay for flight (Qatar Airways) given the dollar limitation on naira debit card?

Call them to know the exchange rate they are using then transfer the naira equivalent to their Nigerian bank account. On the remark you must include your booking reference number (PNR) & telephone number. The process is very quick no hassle at all, but call to find the exchange rate (I paid a balance because of this). I was told that there was currency converter on thier website but since I already paid I didn't border to check.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xoxo701: 10:31am On Jul 14, 2021
Good day! everyone please I want to know if anyone get ER approved at Lagos consulate yet? I applied since July 6th I uploaded my i20 and sevis fee confirmation and I have sent reminder/feedback no response yet??..Pls any advise on way forward.... Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mide95: 11:09am On Jul 14, 2021
Hello guys.
I applied for ER, Abuja on July 6th.
Yet to get a response after several follow ups.
Anyone else pls??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 11:11am On Jul 14, 2021
Has anyone here (or someone you know) gotten EA approval from Abuja this week?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 11:16am On Jul 14, 2021
When is your program start date?
Mide95:
Hello guys.
I applied for ER, Abuja on July 6th.
Yet to get a response after several follow ups.
Anyone else pls??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 11:18am On Jul 14, 2021
Guys is it possible for me to still make it this fall if my interview date is on the 16th of august and the start date of my I-20 is also the 16th of august while classes start on the 23rd of august please I need advise what should I do in this type of situation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lupara: 11:25am On Jul 14, 2021
Join Student Club with me. Sign up by 31 December 2021 to earn up to 5,000 bonus Qmiles and enjoy exclusive benefits including up to 20% off on flights, extra baggage allowance, complimentary Super Wi-Fi and more. Join today. https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Privilege-Club/student-club-join-now.html?P1=U3k2ZFdlM2t3b1E9&R1=UGJyVlZ1VkJzQWl0OHJya0w3VlhUUT09&iid=ALL22616490

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lupara: 11:28am On Jul 14, 2021
The above is for students yet to book their flights and would prefer Qatar airways.

You get free goodies as students, it's basically free and no strings attached. It's the student privilege club.

Kindly share with your "student-friends"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sslooss: 11:33am On Jul 14, 2021
richieboy1994:

Please what documents did u attach when applying for the emergency appointment?

I-20 and SEVIS receipt.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mide95: 11:33am On Jul 14, 2021
ebbie9ja:
When is your program start date?
Aug18
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sslooss: 11:35am On Jul 14, 2021
ifeanyimoses:

Hi, please how were you able to choose your date for the Emergency interview, I didn’t see that option?

When my EA request was approved, new dates showed up on the platform.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 11:38am On Jul 14, 2021
Approvalll:
Guys is it possible for me to still make it this fall if my interview date is on the 16th of august and the start date of my I-20 is also the 16th of august while classes start on the 23rd of august please I need advise what should I do in this type of situation
Yes.
A week/two to your appointment date, send email to school requesting resumption extension. Attach your Appointment confirmation.
They'd should grant you a week extension. Print email and take along to embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 11:57am On Jul 14, 2021
Mine is August 5th. I just applied on Monday coz I only got GA on Friday last week. Please let me know when you get feedback.
Mide95:
Aug18
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 14, 2021
Visa Approved this morning.
Abuja Embassy.

Transcript later.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princetx(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2021
Good day all.
Apart from TOEFL, is GRE compulsory before admission is offered to someone applying for a PhD program in either social sciences or humanities?
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2021
Congratulations is this your first try?
Damite2ky:
Abuja Embassy.

Transcript later.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by solihp(f): 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2021
Toxhaino:
Guys I need help on how to start and also to know if my Wes report mainly done for Canada PR purpose could suffice for this US scholarship journey

BSc Physics
3.73/5.0
No GRe, No toefl

Thanks

For Physics, why don’t you try to prepare and take the GRE, you still have time if you’re preparing for fall 2022.

If you can take the GRE, it gives you better options and chances and you’d be able to get some schools that actually do not need the WES and would give you funding.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by solihp(f): 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2021
Approvalll:

Have you tried requesting for emergency request?, if not, try to.

If you have, you might need to make do with the August 16th, all you need to do is ensure you arrive at any city in the US on or before that 23rd. You can also request for 1 week extension from your school in the main time.

But considering that today is just July 14th, try your possible best to reschedule your appointment using emergency request.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
I have already done that and also sent a feedback I’m awaiting their reply
solihp:

Have you tried requesting for emergency request?, if not, try to.

If you have, you might need to make do with the August 16th, all you need to do is ensure you arrive at any city in the US on or before that 23rd. You can also request for 1 week extension from your school in the main time.

But considering that today is just July 14th, try your possible best to reschedule your appointment using emergency request.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Onyedika11(m): 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2021
Please, Share.
Damite2ky:
Abuja Embassy.

Transcript later.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by segunbolawole: 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hi Guys,

Quick one please,

Is it mandatory I do coloured printing for the documents to be taken to the embassy?

I-20 and Co.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2021
segunbolawole:
Hi Guys,

Quick one please,

Is it mandatory I do coloured printing for the documents to be taken to the embassy?

I-20 and Co.
i-20 prolly the first page where the signature is
Others it’s not compulsory

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2021
Damite2ky:
Abuja Embassy.

Transcript later.
congrats man.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheReaper17: 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2021
Visa Approved this morning at the embassy in Abuja.

School: Texas Tech University
Course: Interdisciplinary Studies MS
COA: $32k
Funding: Family Funds

VO: Good morning, pass me your documents
Me: Good morning
VO: You're going to Texas Tech University for your Master's in Biology
Me: I'm going to TTU for my Master's of Science Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, I'll major in Biological and Physical Sciences.
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm an Environmental Manager at a reputable consulting firm in Lagos.
VO: What do you do at work?
Me: I write Environmental Impact Assessment reports for companies, Government Agencies and Private individuals. I also prepare feasibility studies for different land use and gather data for projecting sustainable food production.
VO: What will this Degree do for you?
Me: The combination of knowledge in both biological and physical sciences will enable me become a well-rounded professional, and I'll be able to take up a management role in my current office.
VO: What's your thesis topic?
Me: Climate change and its impact on sustainable food production in Nigeria.
VO: Who is paying for your studies?
Me: My Dad.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a Real Estate Developer and large scale livestock farmer who supplies poultry products to 13 states in Nigeria.
VO: Your visa is approved. *hands me the white paper*, keep your I-20 safe and take it with you when traveling. Please observe all covid-19 protocols to avoid being turned back at the port of entry.

To be honest, I had a very relaxed and calm interview. The VO (a white lady) approved visas for the 2 sets of people ahead of me on the queue. Time seemed to fly by, cos I could've sworn I didn't spend 5 minutes with her. She didn't ask for any other documents apart from the ones I supplied (Passport, I-20, SEVIS Receipt). I prayed and I believe my preparation met with God's grace. Best of luck to everyone who's yet to get approved. I look forward to reading your success stories. Thank you all for the invaluable tips. Cheers

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheReaper17: 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2021
Congratulations.
Damite2ky:
Abuja Embassy.

Transcript later.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vizin: 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2021
If it's as bad as you just mentioned, why are you desperate to go back even after visiting consecutively for the past twenty years like you said earlier on? Moreover it's not about telling them about you father multiple business, how well did you deliver the answer to some questions you were asked? Were you well articulated when you answered some questions? I know sometimes the visa approval can be tricky and some might just be lucky but you need to just calm down and enjoy every passing day. I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful. I know that feeling when you want something so bad but it's not going as you expected, the frustration, the pain. Calm down and don't act like it's a do or die affair, on the bright side your parents are rich, as you process your visa application, have some fun, do things you love.
I'm sorry if I've said anything wrong but enjoy yourself *hugs*
Approvalll:
214b they said I don’t have strong ties to my country lol even after telling them about my father’s multiple businesses and companies in Nigeria anyways sha Na me mess up by being obedient and always following the rules next time if them give me I no go komot until I secure my green card before I leave that place because Americans don’t favour black people as it is a racist country and majority of its population are racist my advice to everyone is it’s only when you have a green card that everything can be guaranteed if you are lucky enough to secure a visa find a way to get your green card as America hate black people with passion or just go to Canada ps: I almost got shot on my last visit there probably because they thought I was a criminal lol thanks for the advice though you too much

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iWasNotHere(m): 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2021
Congrats. It’s God

TheReaper17:
Visa Approved this morning at the embassy in Abuja.

School: Texas Tech University
Course: Interdisciplinary Studies MS
COA: $32k
Funding: Family Funds

VO: Good morning, pass me your documents
Me: Good morning
VO: You're going to Texas Tech University for your Master's in Biology
Me: I'm going to TTU for my Master's of Science Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, I'll major in Biological and Physical Sciences.
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm an Environmental Manager at a reputable consulting firm in Lagos.
VO: What do you do at work?
Me: I write Environmental Impact Assessment reports for companies, Government Agencies and Private individuals. I also prepare feasibility studies for different land use and gather data for projecting sustainable food production.
VO: What will this Degree do for you?
Me: The combination of knowledge in both biological and physical sciences will enable me become a well-rounded professional, and I'll be able to take up a management role in my current office.
VO: What's your thesis topic?
Me: Climate change and its impact on sustainable food production in Nigeria.
VO: Who is paying for your studies?
Me: My Dad.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a Real Estate Developer and large scale livestock farmer who supplies poultry products to 13 states in Nigeria.
VO: Your visa is approved. *hands me the white paper*, keep your I-20 safe and take it with you when traveling. Please observe all covid-19 protocols to avoid being turned back at the port of entry.

To be honest, I had a very relaxed and calm interview. The VO (a white lady) approved visas for the 2 sets of people ahead of me on the queue. Time seemed to fly by, cos I could've sworn I didn't spend 5 minutes with her. She didn't ask for any other documents apart from the ones I supplied (Passport, I-20, SEVIS Receipt). I prayed and I believe my preparation met with God's grace. Best of luck to everyone who's yet to get approved. I look forward to reading your success stories. Thank you all for the invaluable tips. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by reigningme: 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2021
It is not mandatory but I think it looks good to do colored printing of your I-20

segunbolawole:
Hi Guys,

Quick one please,

I-20 and Co.

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.