Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639311 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jolek15: 8:09am On Feb 17, 2021
Stevenssen:

f1 is non immigrant visa

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmaroland: 8:24am On Feb 17, 2021
Good morning, anyone planning to attend UNC Chapil hill for Fall 2021, please DM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmanuelkanayo1(m): 8:42am On Feb 17, 2021
Emmanuelkanayo1:
Good morning people, please is there anyone planning to go to MTSU for fall 2021 or is there anyone at MTSU already please chat me up 08068848738
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 9:07am On Feb 17, 2021
You got into Chapel Hill, that's amazing.

emmaroland:
Good morning, anyone planning to attend UNC Chapil hill for Fall 2021, please DM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 10:05am On Feb 17, 2021
does anyone have experience with admission with restricted courses, how to provide evidence of knowledge of the restricted courses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by edox15: 10:53am On Feb 17, 2021
Hello House,

I already have an interview date in March at the US embassy in Abuja. I just found out that the date has to be within 120 days of resumption.
My question is how do I reschedule to another date and this time choose the embassy in Lagos without paying another VISA fee ?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 11:38am On Feb 17, 2021
edox15:
Hello House,

I already have an interview date in March at the US embassy in Abuja. I just found out that the date has to be within 120 days of resumption.
My question is how do I reschedule to another date and this time choose the embassy in Lagos without paying another VISA fee ?

To change your interview location on your CGI, you must cancel your current appointment. Once you do that, proceed as if you're booking a new appointment, then click the preferred location when you you're asked to select. Calendar for available date for that location will show. You will not need to pay another visa fee to do this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damian457: 12:51pm On Feb 17, 2021
Do a change a status to F1. You don’t need to go back to Nigeria
JaySterling:
Hey guys

Quick question!

I’m currently in the states. I entered 2 months ago with a B1/B2 visa for a conference.

I was stamped in 6 months at the POE.

Now I wanna study, but the school I went to here in Illinois told me that I cannot attend the graduate program (MBA) I intend to study with a B1/B2 visa, that I need an F1.

So guys, can I apply for an F1 visa here in the states, or I will have to return to Nigeria and apply for it.

Basically, starting all over undecided

Or can anyone recommend me any school in the states that would allow me do my masters in business administration with my B1/B2 visa. I’m currently in Chicago, but I don’t mind relocating to another state, so far a school there will accept me.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rebelsquad: 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2021
Good day everyone, I hope we all get our hearts desire

I recently got admission and I'm about to begin this process

I wanted to know if location (Abuja/Lagos) is a factor in rejections or approvals
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rebelsquad: 1:17pm On Feb 17, 2021
Novartis:
Hey guys

I need a school with
no application fee,
no gre,
no English proficiency test,
no WES evaluation

No application fee isn't possible, however you could email the school and make inquiries about an application fee waiver and the likes

the rest are actually possible especially in the US
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2021
Damian457:
Do a change a status to F1. You don’t need to go back to Nigeria
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 17, 2021
Apply for Change of Status. Not necessary to come back
JaySterling:
Hey guys

Quick question!

I’m currently in the states. I entered 2 months ago with a B1/B2 visa for a conference.

Now I wanna study, but the school I went to here in Illinois told me that I cannot attend the graduate program (MBA) I intend to study with a B1/B2 visa, that I need an F1.

So guys, can I apply for an F1 visa here in the states, or I will have to return to Nigeria and apply for it.

Or can anyone recommend me any school in the states that would allow me do my masters in business administration with my B1/B2 visa. I’m currently in Chicago, but I don’t mind relocating to another state, so far a school there will accept me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GreatMage: 2:15pm On Feb 17, 2021
Chubiokonkwo:

Please which of the European University and what are processes

What are processes? I don't understand that word
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damian457: 2:21pm On Feb 17, 2021
Who told you that? Where did they write it on the B1?

Malone122:
I don’t think one can change status from a B1 to F1
It’s written on the B1
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigfrancis21: 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2021
JaySterling:
Hey guys

Quick question!

1) No school here will permit you to study with a B1/B2 visiting visa....a violation of the law.

2) B1/B2 status to F1 status change in the US has really low approval rates, like really low, because you have to prove to USCIS beyond reasonable doubt why you suddenly want to study in the US and that you previously never had any intention of studying. As a matter of fact, you stand a better chance of returning to Nigeria and obtaining your F1 visa at the US embassy in Nigeria than obtaining a change of status here in the US (takes forever to get a response on your application and you stand a chance of falling out of your B1/B2 status while you wait).

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alwaysbecool: 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
Good day great guys in the house,

I need to clarify an issue please. I paid my visa fee last year Nov with the hope of resuming in dec but couldn't get a date in lagos so I changed the location to abuja but couldn't still secure a date so I differed to fall. I recently got a date in april in abuja but I want choose Lagos now. But I know i must cancel the abuja appointment before I can choose Lagos. My question now: Is my Visa fee still valid if I cancel the appointment or will i have to pay another visa fee? Thanks a lot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damian457: 7:31pm On Feb 17, 2021
B1/B2 change of status application is usually accompanied with an Extension of status form. If you file a change of status and an extension of status application on time, you will be in pending status

bigfrancis21:

1) No school here will permit you to study with a B1/B2 visiting visa....a violation of the law.

2) B1/B2 status to F1 status change in the US has really low approval rates, like really low, because you have to prove to USCIS beyond reasonable doubt why you suddenly want to study in the US and that you previously never had any intention of studying. As a matter of fact, you stand a better chance of returning to Nigeria and obtaining your F1 visa at the US embassy in Nigeria than obtaining a change of status here in the US (takes forever to get a response on your application and you stand a chance of falling out of your B1/B2 status while you wait).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Talllady: 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hello..please I sent you an email @jaysterling

JaySterling:
Hey guys

Quick question!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2021
Damian457:
Who told you that? Where did they write it on the B1?

no vex boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joclins: 10:10pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hello guys,
I applied to Western Illinois University and I have gotten my funding and other stuffs. I was told to submit my financial documents before I-20 issuance which I have. but I am yet to receive I-20 and it's been almost 3 weeks I submitted my financials.
Anyone knows what is the issue?

PS: I applied for Undergrad
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmanuelkanayo1(m): 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2021
Choicexx:

Hello bro MTSU student ? Can we link up?

chat me up 08068848738

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 17, 2021
Joclins:
Hello guys,
I applied to Western Illinois University and I have gotten my funding and other stuffs. I was told to submit my financial documents before I-20 issuance which I have. but I am yet to receive I-20 and it's been almost 3 weeks I submitted my financials.
Anyone knows what is the issue?

PS: I applied for Undergrad
please how did you get funding ??

I feel you should mail them

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Spanishmilf(m): 12:56am On Feb 18, 2021
bigfrancis21:

He already spent 2mnth with his visit visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pinkyminel12: 3:17am On Feb 18, 2021
Will I be able to get F1 visa if the school I am going to is a private school? And if I am studying undergraduate nursing?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davsidoo: 3:40am On Feb 18, 2021
frapzkid:

From September intake..
I guess your day of earliest resumption should be August ending...

So with that in mind you can book any day from April 25th...
I suggest you book now. Cos currently all days in March and April are completely or almost filled up.
Also booking early enough would not put you in so much pressure if God forbid you are denied visa. You would be able to comfortablely reapply before your school resumes.

One can only apply after the i-20 has been sent right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 4:34am On Feb 18, 2021
Pinkyminel12:
Will I be able to get F1 visa if the school I am going to is a private school? And if I am studying undergraduate nursing?
yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joclins: 5:07am On Feb 18, 2021
Malone122:
please how did you get funding ??

I feel you should mail them

Just Merit Scholarships

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nelmc: 5:11am On Feb 18, 2021
Hi. Please I just got admission for the Fall 2021 term. How soon or when should I apply for a visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2021
120 days before the program start date indicated on the I-20

nelmc:
Hi. Please I just got admission for the Fall 2021 term. How soon or when should I apply for a visa?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.