Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645573 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 9:57am On Jul 16, 2021
Hallelujahvoice:

Thank you.
I rescheduled when closer dates popped up

Please How do u check to know if closer dates are popping up?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 10:00am On Jul 16, 2021
Pace6:

Big congratulations!!! Grace indeed... can I PM please?

Please I need help with interview preparations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 10:00am On Jul 16, 2021
richieboy1994:

Please How do u check to know if closer dates are popping up?
You have to keep checking
Check at intervals 12am and 3am

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2021
LeviAckerman:

Bro pls I sent u an email, Pls reply me with your phone number?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2021
LeviAckerman:

Plz bro Pls I want to ask you something
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pace6: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2021
Pamelayoung:

Please I need help with interview preparations

I’m so sorry I am not so sound in this interview stuffs, however there are other gurus in the house that can help you.

Thanks for understanding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2021
LeviAckerman:

Just to add, please be careful as you check so you don't get locked out when you exceed your page visit limit.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sobafemi: 10:18am On Jul 16, 2021
Please if one chooses to defer to spring (with the consent of the School and advisor) after getting visa approval for fall, would one need to get another visa again? since the i20 would change for spring?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Terror666(m): 10:19am On Jul 16, 2021
Good morning all, please my resumption is fast date is fast approaching and I'm yet to get a date. If I book any available date can I still be able to do the emergency booking? Please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 16, 2021
Sobafemi:
Please if one chooses to defer to spring (with the consent of the School and advisor) after getting visa approval for fall, would one need to get another visa again? since the i20 would change for spring?
no need for visa again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 10:22am On Jul 16, 2021
Hallelujahvoice:

Just to add, please be careful as you check so you don't get locked out when you exceed your page visit limit.

Bro Please how can I pm u?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by researcher108: 10:24am On Jul 16, 2021
Terror666:
Good morning all, please my resumption is fast date is fast approaching and I'm yet to get a date. If I book any available date can I still be able to do the emergency booking? Please help

Yes, you can do an emergency request as long as you’ve not been denied in the space of 6 months. Attach the necessary documents (I-20 & SEVIS Receipt) with a strong justification in your request. Then follow up at intervals (email/call).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ajibola092: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2021
Hello Gurus and experts,
My program is resuming by 30 August 2021.
I booked October 13 as it was the available date during my US visa application. I saw 13th July 2021 was available for emergency appointment, which I applied for but it was not confirmed by the embassy after uploading all the necessary documents and stating my reasons.
I was told to wait for 1-2 business days for my visa interview to be granted.
I'm still not getting any response from the embassy.
Please anyone with similar issues and any advice as regards to my situation.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2021
What is the limit?
Hallelujahvoice:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Terror666(m): 10:54am On Jul 16, 2021
researcher108:

Yes, you can do an emergency request as long as you’ve not been denied in the space of 6 months. Attach the necessary documents (I-20 & SEVIS Receipt) with a strong justification in your request. Then follow up at intervals (email/call).

Thank you so much. I've though
So I should not bother then ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 10:57am On Jul 16, 2021
ebbie9ja:
What is the limit?

You'll be notified
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kennykayy: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2021
Sobafemi:

No, you’ll be needing a new I-20 for spring 2022 to show at the POE
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 11:03am On Jul 16, 2021
Hallelujahvoice:

You'll be notified

Please my regular date is November 17, school starts August 13, applied for emergency appointment, sent feedback and mail no response.

Please How does one check if earlier date is popping up because My cgi Portal is not showing anything as regards earlier date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 16, 2021
The United States Embassy in Abuja says public operations will be reduced effective Friday, July 16, 2021.

A statement posted on Facebook Thursday night called the development “a security precaution”.

It noted that July 20 and July 21 are holidays in Nigeria and the Embassy is scheduled to be closed on those days.

The Embassy said full public operations will resume on Monday, July 26.

Services affected include routine American citizen services, visas, and the Education Advising Center.

The statement advised Americans who may experience an emergency to contact the duty officer through the Embassy switchboard.

Next Tuesday and Wednesday are holidays to mark the 2021 Eid-el-Kabir celebration. Security is being heightened in the nation’s capital and many states.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JohnJoules: 11:12am On Jul 16, 2021
Ajibola092:
Hello Gurus and experts,
My program is resuming by 30 August 2021.
I booked October 13 as it was the available date during my US visa application. I saw 13th July 2021 was available for emergency appointment, which I applied for but it was not confirmed by the embassy after uploading all the necessary documents and stating my reasons.
I was told to wait for 1-2 business days for my visa interview to be granted.
I'm still not getting any response from the embassy.
Please anyone with similar issues and any advice as regards to my situation.
Send your complaint to LagosNIV @ state dot gov instead
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mimienny: 11:13am On Jul 16, 2021
Good morning everyone,
I am new here. Please i need your advise. My company move to California last year, this year my boss wants me to supervise a project physical by September. Please which visa type is best for me to apply for and how early can i get an interview date. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2021
Please, i found only Academic Transcript and Degree Certificate on my required documents on WES. I couldn't find WAEC there. Is WAEC not part of the required documents again OR do they mean Original University Certificate by the Degree Certificate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2021
How can one call the embassy is there a phone number or something?
researcher108:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NotaMod: 11:29am On Jul 16, 2021
Mimienny:
Good morning everyone,
I am new here. Please i need your advise. My company move to California last year, this year my boss wants me to supervise a project physical by September. Please which visa type is best for me to apply for and how early can i get an interview date. Thanks

Your place of work should apply for H1b visa for you since you're going there to work albeit short term.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 11:35am On Jul 16, 2021
Hello house?

Please How do I check for earlier appointment date? Do I have to click on reschedule appointment first before dates popps up??

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Phaithy: 11:53am On Jul 16, 2021
Wow!!! Congratulations

What God cannot do does not exist.
Hallelujahvoice:
VISA APPROVED!
F1 (Fall 2021)
Abuja
July 2021
COA: 32K
First attempt
No GA or TA
Lasted not more than 2 minutes
Long post, short transcript

Little background...
It was a battle getting an interview date.
When I first booked, the earliest date was 2 months later than my school's resumption. Had to book anyway and requested for an expedited interview.
This was approved after 2 hours, thankfully.

Even after the Approval, there were no closer dates available. I did an email and got the usual response "...Please be advised that the availability of slots is at the sole discretion of the US Embassy."

God was still working.
After a few days, I checked and saw a date few days after my resumption date. I was happy knowing we're getting somewhere even if we were not there yet.

At this point, I felt I had exhausted all options. I was considering switching to Lagos (thank God I didn't). I didn't lose hope. I was working with faith.

Next thing, I saw someone make a post here in the afternoon about open dates in June ending and first week of July.
I hurriedly logged in to my account. Lo and behold, I could see those dates and quickly rescheduled to a more suitable and earlier date.

Guess what? In the middle of rejoicing and celebrating, I got 3 texts messages in 3 hours from a +1 number tagged 'US Visa Collection' on Truecaller. It read:
Your B1/B2 visa appointment at the US Embassy has been cancelled. Please check your email for more details.
Checked my email and saw the same mail from an address that had a semblance with the official email the Embassy uses for correspondence.

Oh boy! I hurriedly logged in to my dashboard and saw my appointment was still "scheduled". No shaking.

Mind you, I applied for an F1 not B1/B2.
Mischief makers at work.

Next was to prepare for my interview proper.
Through prayers and fasting, I prepared. Reached out to few people to join in prayers and prep. me. I had friends review my transcript and I had several video mock interview sessions.
S/O to Uche, @kemlaughs (for the several zoom mock sessions), Ekong, Mag. for y'alls commitment.

Long story short...
Arrived Abuja few days before to get used to the environment (lodged at Xcence Guest House by Emeka Anyaoku Street, Garki Abuja). 'Twas affordable and #500 away (bolt) from the Embassy and Close to a pharmacy/supermarket and big and affordable restaurant (Ojuelegba).

The big day came... arrived 2 hours before time. Of course I met with the mandem: "Bros staple your passport", "You don print this and that? You go come back meet us oo"... thanks to those that shared their experience and the guidance from Uche and @kemlaughs, I came prepared with necessary documents and didn't pay attention to them.

While waiting, I spoke in tongues, sang songs of praise and worship. It boosted my confidence.
Next we were asked to queue up at the gate, searched by the security then ushered into the Embassy.

After few minutes, those for 7:00am were called up to queue. The Embassy staff arranged our Int'l passport, signed I-20, passport photograph and DS-160 confirmation page accordingly.
Next we went through another round of check (airport standard) before we went to the next part of the building.

There, we queued up and went along with the documents sorted out (int'l passport, signed i-20, passport photograph and DS-160 confirmation page). We went to the interviewing section twice.
First was the final scan/verification of our documents, next was for the interview proper.

In there, it felt like it was judgement day grin
People rejoicing (I saw a man legit screaming "Jesus loves me" very expressively while the guy walking next to him was really disappointed and sad).
Mixed feelings, tension building up but I had to maintain beauty wink
Thankfully, the security started singing Obinasom by Mercy Chinwo and I joined in. It boosted my faith in God for a great outcome.

I kept declaring "My case is different".

In my very before, people were approved and denied.
Please, don't lose focus or let any of what you see mess up your psych. Don't even try to profile any VO.
Que sera sera...what will be will be.

Interview proper:
After exchanging pleasantries and biometric verification:
VO: I see you're going to Ohio University.
Me: Yes, that's right.

VO:Why Ohio University?
VO: What is your concentration?
VO: Who will be sponsoring your education?

VO: I will be approving your Visa (while handing me the white paper). And she talked about the covid protocol and all.

It felt like a dream. Had to shake myself to confirm this was real.

I return all the glory to God for doing what only Him could do...for taking the glory.
Big S/O to Uche for encouraging me right from the start in 2018/2019 till date. For reviewing my transcript and guiding me every step of the way. God bless you.
Big S/O to @kemlaughs for preparing me... gave me a lotta tips and prayer points and encouraged me to always stand in front of the mirror. Thanks for the mock-up sessions
S/O to Ekong and Mag.

Remember, the heart of a king (in this case, the VOs) is like the rivers of waters which God directs and He orders them to go whichever way He pleases.

Prepare and pray.
Trust God.
Celebrate grace.
#mytestimony

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tobbyoladejo: 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2021
Bond4141:
Please, i found only Academic Transcript and Degree Certificate on my required documents on WES. I couldn't find WAEC there. Is WAEC not part of the required documents again OR do they mean Original University Certificate by the Degree Certificate?

WAEC is not needed if you're doing evaluation towards a masters or PhD. You can upload a coloured scanned copy of your Bsc certificate when you log into your account, while your school supplies the transcript.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JavanElsevier41: 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hallelujahvoice:
VISA APPROVED!
F1 (Fall 2021)
Abuja
July 2021
COA: 32K
First attempt
No GA or TA
Lasted not more than 2 minutes
Long post, short transcript

Little background...
It was a battle getting an interview date.
When I first booked, the earliest date was 2 months later than my school's resumption. Had to book anyway and requested for an expedited interview.
This was approved after 2 hours, thankfully.

Even after the Approval, there were no closer dates available. I did an email and got the usual response "...Please be advised that the availability of slots is at the sole discretion of the US Embassy."

God was still working.
After a few days, I checked and saw a date few days after my resumption date. I was happy knowing we're getting somewhere even if we were not there yet.

At this point, I felt I had exhausted all options. I was considering switching to Lagos (thank God I didn't). I didn't lose hope. I was working with faith.

Next thing, I saw someone make a post here in the afternoon about open dates in June ending and first week of July.
I hurriedly logged in to my account. Lo and behold, I could see those dates and quickly rescheduled to a more suitable and earlier date.

Guess what? In the middle of rejoicing and celebrating, I got 3 texts messages in 3 hours from a +1 number tagged 'US Visa Collection' on Truecaller. It read:
Your B1/B2 visa appointment at the US Embassy has been cancelled. Please check your email for more details.
Checked my email and saw the same mail from an address that had a semblance with the official email the Embassy uses for correspondence.

Oh boy! I hurriedly logged in to my dashboard and saw my appointment was still "scheduled". No shaking.

Mind you, I applied for an F1 not B1/B2.
Mischief makers at work.

Next was to prepare for my interview proper.
Through prayers and fasting, I prepared. Reached out to few people to join in prayers and prep. me. I had friends review my transcript and I had several video mock interview sessions.
S/O to Uche, @kemlaughs (for the several zoom mock sessions), Ekong, Mag. for y'alls commitment.

Long story short...
Arrived Abuja few days before to get used to the environment (lodged at Xcence Guest House by Emeka Anyaoku Street, Garki Abuja). 'Twas affordable and #500 away (bolt) from the Embassy and Close to a pharmacy/supermarket and big and affordable restaurant (Ojuelegba).

The big day came... arrived 2 hours before time. Of course I met with the mandem: "Bros staple your passport", "You don print this and that? You go come back meet us oo"... thanks to those that shared their experience and the guidance from Uche and @kemlaughs, I came prepared with necessary documents and didn't pay attention to them.

While waiting, I spoke in tongues, sang songs of praise and worship. It boosted my confidence.
Next we were asked to queue up at the gate, searched by the security then ushered into the Embassy.

After few minutes, those for 7:00am were called up to queue. The Embassy staff arranged our Int'l passport, signed I-20, passport photograph and DS-160 confirmation page accordingly.
Next we went through another round of check (airport standard) before we went to the next part of the building.

There, we queued up and went along with the documents sorted out (int'l passport, signed i-20, passport photograph and DS-160 confirmation page). We went to the interviewing section twice.
First was the final scan/verification of our documents, next was for the interview proper.

In there, it felt like it was judgement day grin
People rejoicing (I saw a man legit screaming "Jesus loves me" very expressively while the guy walking next to him was really disappointed and sad).
Mixed feelings, tension building up but I had to maintain beauty wink
Thankfully, the security started singing Obinasom by Mercy Chinwo and I joined in. It boosted my faith in God for a great outcome.

I kept declaring "My case is different".

In my very before, people were approved and denied.
Please, don't lose focus or let any of what you see mess up your psych. Don't even try to profile any VO.
Que sera sera...what will be will be.

Interview proper:
After exchanging pleasantries and biometric verification:
VO: I see you're going to Ohio University.
Me: Yes, that's right.

VO:Why Ohio University?
VO: What is your concentration?
VO: Who will be sponsoring your education?

VO: I will be approving your Visa (while handing me the white paper). And she talked about the covid protocol and all.

It felt like a dream. Had to shake myself to confirm this was real.

I return all the glory to God for doing what only Him could do...for taking the glory.
Big S/O to Uche for encouraging me right from the start in 2018/2019 till date. For reviewing my transcript and guiding me every step of the way. God bless you.
Big S/O to @kemlaughs for preparing me... gave me a lotta tips and prayer points and encouraged me to always stand in front of the mirror. Thanks for the mock-up sessions
S/O to Ekong and Mag.

Remember, the heart of a king (in this case, the VOs) is like the rivers of waters which God directs and He orders them to go whichever way He pleases.

Prepare and pray.
Trust God.
Celebrate grace.
#mytestimony

Wow
I connect to this kind of grace.
The shortest interview I've seen
And yet you got the Visa
This kind grace ehn

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JavanElsevier41: 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
OlawumiCecilia:

I want to switch to Abuja from Lagos, can you help out?

Send me a mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 12:29pm On Jul 16, 2021
richieboy1994:
Hello house?

Please How do I check for earlier appointment date? Do I have to click on reschedule appointment first before dates popps up??

Yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2021
I did. Pls respond
JavanElsevier41:

Send me a mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kennykayy: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2021
If one wants to change school in the us after getting visa and getting scholarship to another school, please how possible is it? Will I need to attend a semester before allowed to change school? Or do I notify the international office to transfer my sevis record ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.